Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:01:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 352185 times)
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6200 on: February 22, 2022, 07:29:52 AM »

Yeah, Youngkin having a -2% approval already, and his approval being barely over 40% just a few months into his admin is just terrible. Shows that this is clearly not what Virginia at large really wanted

Then they should have voted like it. This is their fault.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6201 on: February 22, 2022, 09:43:42 AM »

I'll be straight up in that I do not believe trumpkin is the spawn of Satan but many Republicans are acting like we shouldn't criticize him for anything just because he was elected.

He is subject to criticism just as any elected official is.
Duke of York

« Reply #6202 on: February 22, 2022, 10:15:41 AM »

Yeah, Youngkin having a -2% approval already, and his approval being barely over 40% just a few months into his admin is just terrible. Shows that this is clearly not what Virginia at large really wanted

Then they should have voted. if you don't vote you have no right to complain.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6203 on: February 22, 2022, 10:25:26 AM »

Who did Virginia want? Terry McAuliffe?
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #6204 on: February 22, 2022, 10:49:46 AM »

Who did Virginia want? Terry McAuliffe?

Turns out VA really wanted the Princess Blanding
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6205 on: February 22, 2022, 08:41:51 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2022, 08:45:39 PM by Vaccinated Russian Bear »

Youngkin’s Approval Rate Already Underwater
February 21, 2022 at 4:51 pm EST By Taegan Goddard 66 Comments

A new Wason Center poll in Virginia finds Gov. Glenn Younhkin’s (R) approval rate is already underwater, 41% to 43%.

This same poll has Biden at 40/53. Imo a good benchmark to compare with.

https://cnu.edu/wasoncenter/surveys/archive/2022-02-21.html
Direction of the country and presidential approval: Virginia voters are pessimistic about the direction of the country amid an ongoing pandemic and economic uncertainty. Only 22% of Virginia registered voters say the United States is headed in the right direction, compared to 67% percent who say the wrong direction. That is decidedly more pessimistic than over the past four years. President Biden’s job approval numbers reflect this overall discontent, with 40% saying they approve of his job performance, compared to 53% who disapprove; 7% say they don’t know. A year ago, Biden’s approval among Virginia voters stood at 57%.

“Virginian’s views have soured markedly on the direction of the country compared to a year ago when they are more optimistic after President Biden’s election,” said Kidd. “That pessimism is also reflected in Biden’s dramatic drop in approval.”

Shows that this is clearly not what Virginia at large really wanted

Even more clear that Biden at -13% is not what Virginia at large really wanted. Right?
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #6206 on: February 22, 2022, 09:10:06 PM »

Things said about Youngkin:

-He is Trumpkin and is a turnoff

-He can’t turn out trump voters

-He needs hardcore Biden lovers to win

-He’s running a C- campaign

-He can’t win because the D base is voting early

-The votes just aren’t there

-The polls are wrong

-Random precinct turnout reports are favorable for D’s (not R’s though). So much so that the immortal wizards known as the betting markets are backing Tmac

-The exit polls are only counting Election Day returns (or are just wrong)

-He’s running way ahead of the R ticket because he ran such a disciplined campaign pretending to be both a suburban dad and a racist (oh and the rest of the racists won’t back a black woman immigrant or a Hispanic man)

-The votes are still there for a comeback even though the race is called!

-He’s an extremist for lifting covid restrictions when there are zero cases and he promised to lift covid restrictions

-His approval rating is -75

Can we stop talking about Youngkin for 4 seconds? Seriously I’m not sure why anybody even cares about Virginia when he’s term limited and there’s barely any interesting elections next year
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6207 on: February 22, 2022, 09:16:20 PM »

-The polls are wrong

-Random precinct turnout reports are favorable for D’s (not R’s though). So much so that the immortal wizards known as the betting markets are backing Tmac

-He’s running way ahead of the R ticket because he ran such a disciplined campaign pretending to be both a suburban dad and a racist (oh and the rest of the racists won’t back a black woman immigrant or a Hispanic man)

-He’s an extremist for lifting covid restrictions when there are zero cases and he promised to lift covid restrictions

Can we stop talking about Youngkin for 4 seconds? Seriously I’m not sure why anybody even cares about Virginia when he’s term limited and there’s barely any interesting elections next year

I think people are still kind of in shock at the fact that VA elected a Republican Governor when everyone assumed the state was gone. And I think he will continue to get a lot of coverage just because so many Beltway journos live in NOVA.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6208 on: February 22, 2022, 09:16:37 PM »

-The polls are wrong

Youngkin is carrying out exactly what he promised to do, and one of his moves-to end school mask mandates-passed with a few crossover Democratic votes in the Virginia state legislature.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6209 on: February 22, 2022, 10:39:20 PM »

I don't mean to be a smartass, okay, actually I do: can you check the subject title? I don't think that should take even 4 seconds.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6210 on: February 22, 2022, 11:11:09 PM »

-The polls are wrong

I think people are still kind of in shock at the fact that VA elected a Republican Governor when everyone assumed the state was gone. And I think he will continue to get a lot of coverage just because so many Beltway journos live in NOVA.

I never thought the state was gone for the GOP lol
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6211 on: February 23, 2022, 09:48:52 AM »

-The polls are wrong

hmmm

I said

-This race would be close with Tmac favored (and for a long while he was!)

-Virginia is a Democratic leaning swing state

- The GOP could win VA-Gov in 2021.

-Virginia seems more skeptical of covid restrictions compared to virtually any other solid Biden state.

-There is a layer of a nevertrumpers that will vote GOP without Trump in office in Nova but there has been just enough demographic change and legitimate mind changing that Nova should remain solid Dem even in a loss.

-Campaigning on keeping schools closed is not a winning issue for Democrats.

I was the only Democratic believer in a Youngkin victory.

Yet Republicans and other on twitter said

- Youngkin would carry Loudoun hands down

- Nova will vote like Bush 2004. No more Obama or Trump in office

- Fairfax County will flip due to Thomas Jefferson Admissions

- Some even said Youngkin will carry Loudoun and lose statewide like 2014.

- The entire swing would come out of Nova. Trump maxed out downstate Virginia.

Yeah.. no..

During the campaign Democrats said "Wear a double mask, keep kids safe from covid".

I said "get vaccinated and drag teachers to work kicking and screaming against their will"

There are two very interesting elections in VA this fall. VA-10 and VA-07.

VA-10 was Biden +18 and even Youngkin could not win it but it also had a strong swing to Youngkin. Could be a rental. Wexton doesn't really have an impressive record in competitive races.

VA-07 is a Trumpkin/Biden district. Spanberger actually goes to places that she knows she wont win. That is how she won a district Northam lost.

Both races will show how far right exurban Nova area.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6212 on: February 23, 2022, 05:31:02 PM »

It reminds me of wbrocks or whoever it was dismissing low enthusiasm #'s among young etc.

It's by the way applies to Biden/midterms, too. A lot of people dismiss Biden's horrible #'s among young, Latino, Blacks or more generally those who identify themselves as Democrats, because muh they are gonna vote Dems anyway. Guess what, they won't even turn out (relatively speaking).
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6213 on: February 25, 2022, 05:22:17 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6214 on: February 26, 2022, 12:29:09 PM »

So glad that the good people of Virginia threw this fascist to the curb in the most humiliating way possible.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6215 on: February 26, 2022, 09:06:06 PM »

So glad that the good people of Virginia threw this fascist to the curb in the most humiliating way possible.

Wasn't this man the fiancee of the reporter who was killed on live television several years ago?
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6216 on: February 26, 2022, 09:43:29 PM »

Wasn't this man the fiancee of the reporter who was killed on live television several years ago?

No. Carter is the DSA member from Manassas. You are thinking of Chris Hurst, who lost his re-election bid last year.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6217 on: February 26, 2022, 09:48:14 PM »

No. Carter is the DSA member from Manassas. You are thinking of Chris Hurst, who lost his re-election bid last year.

Carter also ran a kamikaze bid for governor and got less than 3% in the Democratic primary. He was allowed to run for reelection to his Delegate seat but lost that primary to a more normal Democrat.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6218 on: February 27, 2022, 03:48:02 AM »

I see. For some reason, I thought it was Carter for the longest period of time.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6219 on: March 02, 2022, 01:25:57 PM »

Surprised this poll hasn't been posted yet.

Kind of doubt Northam's numbers dropped that much but whatever. Its another poll.

Democrats are very lucky that the HoD elections will be held at regularly scheduled time in 2023 at this point. But we need hard results in November to see if Virginia has moved hard right or not in the congressional elections.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6220 on: March 03, 2022, 09:57:10 AM »

Kind of doubt Northam's numbers dropped that much but whatever. Its another poll.

Democrats are very lucky that the HoD elections will be held at regularly scheduled time in 2023 at this point. But we need hard results in November to see if Virginia has moved hard right or not in the congressional elections.

Miyares already having a -10 favorable rating brings me immense joy. Sears being at -3 is also lovely.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6221 on: March 03, 2022, 10:43:06 AM »

Miyares already having a -10 favorable rating brings me immense joy. Sears being at -3 is also lovely.

I told you people that Miyares is more objectionable than Trumpkin.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6222 on: March 07, 2022, 07:06:52 PM »

Carter also ran a kamikaze bid for governor and got less than 3% in the Democratic primary. He was allowed to run for reelection to his Delegate seat but lost that primary to a more normal Democrat.

‘Twas a glorious night.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6223 on: March 20, 2022, 01:53:18 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2022, 02:05:12 PM by Frodo »

The Virginia Democratic Party has held off the left-wing of their party with ease:

Swecker easily wins reelection as Virginia Democratic Party chairwoman

Virginia Democratic Party Chairwoman Susan Swecker trounced a handful of challengers Saturday to stay at the helm of a party that she’s led through ups and downs for the past seven years.

The party’s State Central Committee elected Swecker to a four-year term at a virtual convention, where she won 213 out of 268 votes cast, or nearly 80 percent.

Placing a distant second with 31 votes was Josh Stanfield, executive director of the liberal group Activate Virginia. Stanfield was campaign manager last year for Del. Lee J. Carter (D-Manassas), a self-proclaimed socialist who ran unsuccessfully for the Democratic gubernatorial nomination. In third place with 24 votes was Jim McBride, a member of the Fairfax County Democratic Committee.

Two other candidates dropped out of the race before Saturday.

Hopefully that decision will be vindicated with Democrats not only holding the Senate but also reclaiming the House in 2023, and the Governor's mansion in 2025. 
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6224 on: March 21, 2022, 06:42:22 AM »

Big mistake. If Terry McAuliffe managed to lose to Glenn Youngkin, that shows that the VA Dems made a lot of mistakes. The party's better off with new leadership.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies