Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:47:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 340342 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: December 09, 2020, 10:46:07 AM »

Lee Carter files.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 02:14:12 AM »

For says that talking about experience is a racist dogwhistle.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 12:08:03 PM »

Carter officialy announced.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 10:47:57 PM »

https://www.wjhl.com/news/local/virginia-state-sen-ben-chafin-dies-from-covid-19-complications/

SW  Ben Chafin  SD-38 VA state senator dies of COVID.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 11:01:54 PM »

Between tomorrow and Nov 2nd, Glenn Youngkin has the resources to blast the airwaves, digital ads, and mailers.. literally 24 hours a day.. which does scare me.

Yeah Im sure an ex DNC chair and former governor will have no resources.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 02:07:16 PM »

The big lesson here is: There is ZERO chance that Democrats will continue to perform as well as they have during the Trump era with college educated whites.

It would really help the signal to noise ratio of this entire thread if you didn’t post anything unless you had some hard facts or logic behind them.

Look at the results of the Georgia Special Elections in January. Oh and of course the result of VA HOD special election in district 2. A district is is nearly unanimously college educated white.

HD02 is like 49% CVAP white lol.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 08:10:51 PM »

I know Lee Carter is a DSAer, but is there any reason beyond that that Atlas doesn't seem to like him much? I haven't really been following what he's been up to.

He's extremely annoying on twitter and spends more time there than being a representative

Its not the US house.
the VA house is a part time job for a month or 2 per year.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 04:34:24 PM »

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2021, 11:26:46 PM »

The only way Youngkin wins is if turnout is low enough among Democrats. Fortunately for him, that might well happen.

Turnout (Voted by mail, ballot app, early vote)

10th district (Dem) = 88,533
9th district (GOP) = 45,798
Well yeah it looks great for the Dems when you compare a hugely overpopulated, growing district, with an underpopulated, shrinking district. You could also look at turnout like this:

3rd district (Dem) = 55,933
1st district (GOP) = 81,743

I mean the 3rd is still pretty Safe Dem while the 1st isn't netting that many votes for the GOP anymore(maybe if they are close statewide it will)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2021, 03:41:49 PM »

I just drove through some heavily Korean neighborhoods in Annandale (Fairfax County) on the way to a restaurant.

I have never seen such a high concentration of political signs in one place - literally every house had Youngkin signs up. My anecdotal conclusion is that NoVA Asians are breaking hard for Youngkin. It also feels like the Youngkin campaign is very well organized in the community.
Oh sh-
I thought suburban East Asians would swing D over time, but dang. Thanks for the update!

It's probably just the few Rs being more outspoken there. I guess maybe a few local issues based on school stuff as the TJ testing change may not be too popular among East Asians(Replacing Asians with whites/blacks/hispanics although it was pretty fair here, unlike the goal in NYC)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2021, 03:37:43 PM »

The fact that Youngkin will most likely lose shows we live in a partisan hellhole now and we may be entering an era where even gubernatorial elections results are like federal race results .

To be fair, I think this has been true for a while. Outside of New England, the only states in 2018 to buck their partisan leaning in gubernatorial races were Kansas and Maryland, and I guess you could argue that South Dakota came close.

Well you had Kentucky and Louisiana in 2019, And Oregon was relatively close as well in 2018 given national conditions.

Right, but the best good Democratic candidates could do against horrible Republican candidates in KY and LA were razor-thin victories, and Buehler was the best Republicans could do and still didn't come that close. Overall, a far cry from 2006, when many states elected governors from the other party.

Was there anything that bad about Rispone?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2021, 07:57:55 AM »

Has Youngkin done any rallies recently in SWVA?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2021, 02:21:58 PM »

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2021, 04:13:39 PM »

What an odd situation...This just made an already bizarre election even weirder. I'm confused. Something fishy is going on with this but I'm not quite sure whether the Dems or the GOP look worse with this story.

How could this story possibly make the Republican Party look bad?

If it's proven that the whole story of Democrats posing is a lie, that could make the GOP seem a lot less trustworthy.

There is absolutely no indication of this

Maybe, but there's no truly definitive proof that this is a Democratic farce at the moment either.

You're completely right, black and female Democratic staffers suddenly being all in on white supremacy should be an ever growing concern for the American society. Or, you know, maybe admit that T-Mac made a terrible blunder here.

I mean it could just be idiot staffers having fun while not even covering their tracks
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2021, 04:24:34 PM »

Because of course:

Skeptical, most of the people investigated have direct connections with the Virginia Democrats so it seems the Lincoln Project is just trying to take the blame .
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2021, 04:39:18 PM »

Of course the Lincoln Project would do this type of 💩.

Not surprising at all lmao. The LP is nothing more than cat nip for the resistant twitter libs.

They didn't do it lol. Why would Dem staffers be coordinating with the LP
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2021, 05:00:27 PM »

Because of course:

Skeptical, most of the people investigated have direct connections with the Virginia Democrats so it seems the Lincoln Project is just trying to take the blame .

I mean the Lincoln project is just a bunch of Dems anyway so both could be true.

Sure but the LP doing it gives the Youngkin campaign plausible deniability

Honwstly its just a poorly done photo op and just standard dirty campaign stuff but don't let the LP take credit for this sh**t.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2021, 05:13:08 PM »

Communications Director for Youngkin

Idiots should realize the LP wasn't involved at all. They didn't tweet about this when the picture first came out.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2021, 05:34:19 PM »

Sally Hudson (VA state legislator D)

If it is this bad then she should demand TMAC fire any staffers involved  but she won't because she is just trying to save the day by deflecting on the obvious fall guys.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2021, 02:08:42 PM »

as someone who's worked with the mcauliffe team since march, I can tell yall that if he loses it is fully because of the terrible organization of his campaign. the loudoun and Fairfax dems are also  absolutely awful at their jobs and have let the GOP completely control the narrative. meanwhile they are handwriting postcards to safe d houses asking them to vote... at the early voting location in loudoun there are 5 GOP helpers handing out voting guides and not a single democrat there.... they truly do not have their sh**t together. trumpkin was a campaign tactic doomed to fail when the GOP candidate is essentially mitt romney... this was a perfect storm of sh**tty campaigning from the dems, so if youngkin wins, I don't think it means anything about the partisanship of the state other than the fact that va dems are SOOO BADDD
Any individuals who are particularly incompetent in the VA Dems, or is it too broadly spread out to justify singling out anyone?

I know there was a major campaign restructuring in the summer for Terry's campaign that resulted in 2 months of dead silence while all the CRT/SB bullsh**t was going on, so that definitely didn't help. I don't think it is an issue with VA Dems as much as it is Terry's campaign just not knowing what they are doing. They clearly thought this race was safe until September so they didn't even campaign or do anything until that point whereas Youngkin has been out fighting all year. He has run an excellent campaign all things considered.

Also, as a Loudoun resident and LCPS student, I think it's crucial that everybody understands what is happening with this rape situation. The blame in placing this kid back into LCPS has nothing to do with the school board as it was out of their hands at that point (criminal charges). They legitimately did not know what happened as it was in the hands of the DA Buta Biberaj. I don't know why she decided the kid wasn't a risk (I've heard he was SPED) but she is the one who made the decision to place him back in schools, not the school board. Also, there is no evidence that this kid is trans or even was wearing a skirt other than what this girl said. I also want to say that the walkouts last week were not political in nature other than being mad at LCPS for tolerating rape culture in general (there was a specific situation at my school that exemplified this). As the kid literally in the front of the walkout, I can assure everyone on Atlas that it had nothing to do with trans kids, CRT, or the gubernatorial election in any way.

Also CRT is bullsh**t we learn the opposite so that's all a bunch of lies too
Seems that in general the school board might have been stuck in a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation?

Oh fully, there was nothing the school board could have done in this situation, period. It was completely out of their hands, to the point where they didn't even know what happened to this kid because it was a criminal matter at that point.
Who, if anyone, will suffer electorally on local level because of this scandal? The school board? The DA? County Executives?

Those elections are in 2023
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2021, 02:32:37 PM »

Did you make this ?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2021, 02:34:25 PM »

Yeah obviously no heartbeat bills or the like but expect some basic restrictions if Sears and the GOP HOD win.
Joe Morrissey will vote for stuff like waiting periods.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2021, 08:54:45 PM »

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2021, 09:05:32 AM »

Bro there's trashing a poll and then saying its a psuedo internal

Anyway its fairly obvious they screwed up immensely in Arizona and that is why they took so long to call Nevada. Perhaps a bit too long but Arizona had the most garbage data analysis involved

The President(Trump) says he needs 61% of the remaining 870k. However that isn't possible as we only estimate he will get 44%.

Fact: He actually got 60% of the remaining vote.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2021, 10:12:51 AM »

Whitest area in Arlington has highest turnout
Next !.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies