Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:37:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 340389 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 08, 2021, 02:19:01 PM »

I know my folk.

McAulife will win by 51-47 against Trumpkin.

If so, the GOP will get a lot more momentum. Hopefully it's at least as much as Northam's 2017 margin.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 06:05:56 AM »

As a side note, we are getting bombarded in NOVA with Trumpkin ads.  It's not even August.  It's insane how much this self-absorbed d-bag is spending on this failed effort.  I think he's probably going to make it closer than we initially expected (maybe even within 5 points) due to the sheer amount of resources he's pumping into this.  But it's not going to be enough, I don't think.  The math just doesn't work for the GOP anymore.

The Democrats need to start spending. Even if Youngkin isn't going to win, if the race is closer than it was in 2017, the GOP will gain a lot more momentum.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 06:27:06 PM »

Hot take: This is a sleeper race, and Youngkin has about a 30% chance of winning. We've barely goten any polling, and what we do have are Youngkin internals. McAuliffe hasn't released any internals, which is a sign of weakness.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 06:31:29 PM »

Hot take: This is a sleeper race, and Youngkin has about a 30% chance of winning. We've barely goten any polling, and what we do have are Youngkin internals. McAuliffe hasn't released any internals, which is a sign of weakness.

Honest question: Why are you how you are?

I'm simply pointing out that the fact that McAuliffe hasn't released any internals speaks volumes as to the state of this race.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 06:35:28 PM »

Honest question: Why are you how you are?

I'm simply pointing out that the fact that McAuliffe hasn't released any internals speaks volumes as to the state of this race.

Dude are you seriously concerned that Youngkin could win?  Trust me, I am not one to make bold predictions and there is 0.00000000% chance Youngkin wins.  There is a 1% chance Youngkin loses by less than 5.  There is a 30% chance he loses by less than 8.  There is a 50% chance he loses by less than 10.

Off-year elections can have unpredictable turnout dynamics.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 06:57:28 AM »

Is that a lot?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2021, 07:37:23 PM »

apparently terry mcaulife had some gaffe tonight where he said he doesn't want parents being involved in decisions schools make or something.

This is T-Mac's "hell yes" moment, but likely won't be as consequential.

This will affect McAuliffe as much as Soybeangate affected Ernst last year.

I hope you're right, but Iowa's a lot more Republican than Virginia is Democratic, and the polarization is asymmetric.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 03:16:26 PM »

Useful chart

Not really.  You cannot compare a gov. election early and mail turnout with Presidential election early and mail turnout (during the height of a pandemic).  It's obviously apples to oranges.

Early voting is still pitiful. I wouldn't be too surprised if Youngkin wins at this point.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2021, 09:48:10 AM »

McAuliffe +2 remains my prediction.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2021, 04:10:19 PM »

The sleeping giant is waking up.

That's a sign of voter suppression. Nobody should have to wait that long to vote.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 07:23:58 PM »

You guys are acting like it's still 2010.  A low turnout election actually BENEFITS democrats now that they are the party of educated/wealthy suburbs. 

That's not proven yet. I'll believe it when I see it.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2021, 05:53:24 PM »

So I just got off from phonebanking for McAuliffe, and most of the people I contacted were Youngkin supporters. Probably doesn't mean much in terms of who's going to win, but it does worry me. One of them even cussed me out.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2021, 06:09:11 PM »

So I just got off from phonebanking for McAuliffe, and most of the people I contacted were Youngkin supporters. Probably doesn't mean much in terms of who's going to win, but it does worry me. One of them even cussed me out.

That doesn't indicate much. How many people did you talk too?

Like five or six. Most of them didn't pick up.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2021, 06:44:33 PM »

Is the McAullife campaign just having you call random numbers?   They should be having you call those who were targeted in 2020 and said they were voting for Biden.

I would imagine it's the latter, unless they're really stupid. Either way, it's rather sobering. I really think this race is a tossup.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2021, 06:57:12 PM »

Is the McAullife campaign just having you call random numbers?   They should be having you call those who were targeted in 2020 and said they were voting for Biden.

I would imagine it's the latter, unless they're really stupid. Either way, it's rather sobering. I really think this race is a tossup.

Hard to imagine that someone who voted for Biden would cuss you out for calling from the McAuliffe campaign.

Well, there are plenty of people who voted for Obama who are now pure Q fanatics.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2021, 07:36:54 PM »

The only way Youngkin wins is if turnout is low enough among Democrats. Fortunately for him, that might well happen.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2021, 02:11:08 PM »

So there won't be a Virginia needle next week. That sucks.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2021, 11:41:59 AM »

It's a tossup.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2021, 05:44:35 PM »

I think Youngkin is going to win at this point. I want to be wrong but I’m calling it now so I’m not as disappointed.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2021, 02:44:51 PM »

Youngkin +3 sounds about right, but it could even be Youngkin +5. Dems are really asleep at the wheel here.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2021, 01:23:41 PM »

2022 is going to be a worse year for Democrats than 2014.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2021, 08:05:08 PM »

I think Youngkin will win, but I'm hesitant to take this source seriously.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2021, 08:17:29 AM »

High election day turnout is bad for McAuliffe.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2021, 11:06:35 AM »

Republican stronghold at 31% turnout at 10 AM.

They had ~48% turnout in 2017.

That can't be good.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2021, 04:52:12 PM »

Wow, Youngkin might actually win by 5 or more.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies