The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:43:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 ... 130
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 177827 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2825 on: October 01, 2023, 04:32:40 AM »

My eyes don't matter, but the eyes of the law do. If you are born on US soil, you are no longer an invader. This evil can't change, unfortunately, short of a constitutional amendment. So children of anchors born to illegals are not spawn of invaders.

Your eyes don’t matter, but I’m asking you anyway.

If you had free reign to rewrite the Constitution, how would someone become eligible for citizenship?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2826 on: October 01, 2023, 10:12:25 AM »

No, like Sanchez already said hating someone for an immutable trait is far worse. This should be basic.

how, exactly, is "being different than you" not an immutable trait? people don't exactly get to decide their culture and nationality at birth. They're born with it just as much as they are race

No they're not lol. Some people are born literally caught between two cultures. And later in life a person can shift from Islamist culture to Western culture or to a hybrid culture for example. Not true for race, a Black man will always be a Black man and will face systemic biases in America due to his race, though of course hopefully fewer with every passing generation.

Culture has a real impact on the safety of sexual minorities as well! Hamtramck Michigan and their all Muslim city council recently passed an ordinance prohibiting pride flags on city property. They claimed the majority of residents were offended by them. We have enough religious fundamentalist here. Why diversify the bigot pool any further?

And btw, while you probably think I'm some far right nutcase on borders, I'm not at all. My position would fit well in the British Labour party. I think Obama's first term policies were reasonable and I wish we'd return to them. But sometime around 2014 everything relating to immigration broke.

Yet you spend all of your time defending far-right bigots and creeps on the forum, all the while defending mass deportations that resulted in unnecessary pain and suffering for many Americans who were born in this country. Why? What was the point of any of this?

I'm tired of this stuff man. Just join the other side, we don't need people like you.

Really? I do? That's why I'm always dunking on people like ER and Redban?

I support universal healthcare, massive infrastructure investment and sensible criminal justice reform. My immigration policy as I already stated is basically Obama 2008. I could never imagine myself voting Republican. So no, sorry, you're stuck with me. Deal with it.

Oh yeah forgot to add, I'm also super pro choice. I would never vote for a party that in many states is forcing women to give birth to rape babies.

I guess none of this matters. Since I believe in basic border security I should just be thrown out of the coalition. Have you seen Biden's approval rating? We're gonna need all the help we can get...
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #2827 on: October 01, 2023, 05:09:21 PM »

My eyes don't matter, but the eyes of the law do. If you are born on US soil, you are no longer an invader. This evil can't change, unfortunately, short of a constitutional amendment. So children of anchors born to illegals are not spawn of invaders.

Your eyes don’t matter, but I’m asking you anyway.

If you had free reign to rewrite the Constitution, how would someone become eligible for citizenship?
I’m not a lawyer, so I won’t pretend to be. Children of citizens, native born or naturalized, should be citizens.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #2828 on: October 01, 2023, 07:12:49 PM »

This is an oldie but still...

A somewhat different but related aspect of this discussion makes me much more excited about the 2016 election is the continued divergence between white working class vote and the minority working class vote.  Gore lost working class whites by 17 in 2000, Kerry lost it by 23 in 2004, Obama lost it by 6 in 2008, and Obama lost it by 25 in 2012.  This year it seems that Clinton will lose working class whites by a margin in the mid 30s.  So it is not just that the wealthy class is split between the two parties but the working class vote is split between the two parties as well.  Of course at the same time, the mostly White managerial class is swinging toward Clinton which would explain some of the numbers being posted in this thread.  The political polarization is now manifesting itself in terms of identity than class.  When politics becomes about identity the political rhetoric might lean populist or left (as seems in the first debate from both candidates) but the policies will lean right.  For me it does not matter much who wins the election.  The splintering of the working class vote by identity is a key feature of this election I am very excited about.   Hopefully this split becomes permanent.

Talk about bronz4141 wanting a race war when you have jaichind openly wishing for the dismantling of the proletariat among racial lines!
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2829 on: October 04, 2023, 09:51:44 PM »

It is worthy of debate if utilizing the popular front this way is generally the right course of action, but I believe this is the first time Code Pink has gotten a HoR member to acknowledge them in a good while.

Code Pink was a bunch of America hating communists under Bush and they remain a bunch of America hating communists to this day. Code Red would be a better name.
Communists seem to be the only reliable figure who are anti-imperialist and don't resort to contrarianism as a method to decide foreign policy. No wonder we were able to sense the disaster that was the Iraq invasion and the GWOT-grift.

I am always impressed by the faux outrage when the Left™ tries to reach out to the other aisle but when Democrats do so it is good bipartisanship and healthy for democracy. Like the nonsense that Democrats are serving the communists or are by allying with them, the same applies here of the nonsensical horseshoe theory.
It’s crazy how nationalist republicans became the moderated voice of reason on this matter, pushing for negotiated peace talks instead of a military solution.

Is this that crazy? At least some nationalist conservatives (contra imperialists) in the United States have opposed involvement in pretty much every overseas conflict since the Spanish-American War but are usually drowned out or overtaken by events and propaganda.

I remember Trump, as much of an “anti-war” guy, still killed Iranian Qasem Soleimani. Many in generalized NPC republican base applauded it but I also remember the core intelectual base of Trumpism - the ones who really believed in the “America First” slogan - criticized Trump for the first time ever for contradicting his words and promises. So at least they should be given the benefit of doubt as people who really believe in the moral principles of what they defend instead of it just being partisan signaling.

I initially had negative views on the assassination on the presumption it would lead to larger scale conflict, but as with Trump generally, I was wrong about my initial impression.
The assassination along with the general hostility to Iran by the Trump admin was wrong and I have no doubt that Trump would have gone to war in the second consecutive term of his presidency. Outside of a few Neo-nazis stuck in the past with a more uncompromising view of Israel, most MAGA people back a war with Iran and Venezuela.

Historically the GOP and the Birchers generally had an uncompromising position with left-coded countries, outside of the compromise of Vietnam done in the name of electoral victory there never was an anti-war right. Neither is there a real anti-war Democratic Party outside of them being in opposition.

Code Pink have always been that particularly obnoxious breed of pacifist who love to always blame the person who hits second and never the original aggressor. Even if you're going to unconditionally renounce violence and say they're both bad, the one who started it is clearly worse and the source of the problem.

This is not an "America First" thing. There is a 0% chance of us ever putting boots on the ground and taking casualties and we're sending them unused military surplus so it's not even that expensive. People who cause a stink over this either love Putin or are just contrarian for the sake of it like Code Pink.
Euromaidan was a coup and currently Zelensky does whatever the man in charge of Ukraine's continued existence, Biden, wants. If Biden was serious about negotiations he'd try and reach out to Putin and try to work something out. He and the MIC does not, they want the whole pie and a weak Russia either under their control or too weak to supply China.

The current inflation issue and decline in living standards is now mostly from to this war instead of the pandemic. As the government gears itself to continue on a rampage to either remain on the top for the wealthy benefactors in charge and move towards WWIII, Code Pink are apart of the few who realize that most of the people they care about would be pushed to precarity from war.

RV, don't be fooled. Once Venezuela is over with they are coming for Brazil.
It really is amazing how hypocritical people like you are to keep calling your opposition “anti-imperialist” while constantly denying Ukraine it’s own agency

Ukraine doesn't have agency though. Its current dictator was installed by the US State Department.
The only countries on the world stage which have anything close to absolute sovereignty and agency are the US, China, Russia, perhaps India, and a few others to varying degrees. Everyone else has to bend to the pressures of greater powers -- many of them are de facto imperial provinces with no sovereignty at all, like Canada and Germany (which had an act of war committed against it by the US and never so much as raised a peep about it).
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #2830 on: October 05, 2023, 05:35:51 AM »

I thought about replying to this and pointing out (among other things) that this is a pretty outrageous attack to make when it comes to a website which has had people like Einzige or Matthew27, but I think it's best if I just quote it here.

Red Velvet is a candidate for the sickest most f[inks]Ed in the head person I've ever met on the Internet in a competion with an absolutely vile S-MD avatar who is thankfully a former poster.
who?
Can't remember the name and don't want to soft through that disgusting garbage she threw out but think of someone who posted some unreadable dense academic blather overanalayzing Strabger Things in a clearly not very serious thread about it.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2831 on: October 05, 2023, 02:27:42 PM »

at least under Jeremy Corbyn the military would have been funded much better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2832 on: October 06, 2023, 08:37:31 AM »

Considering that the Venn diagram of Americans who are neo-Nazis and Americans who support the Confederacy is basically a complete circle, I think it’s pretty obvious who the CSA would side with
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2833 on: October 07, 2023, 01:43:52 PM »

Do tell us all how my family immigrating here somehow "ruins" the blood of this country.
Where is your family from?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2834 on: October 07, 2023, 08:50:17 PM »

The Brandenburg Gate in Berlin tonight.

Odd déjà vu... it used to be Blue-Yellow colour scheme back in February of 2022.

Democratic Germany, for its many flaws, didn't have these embarrassing hangups and, unlike the crypto-Nazi West, knew when to stand against colonialism and apartheid.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2835 on: October 08, 2023, 08:01:49 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2023, 08:06:02 AM by Laki 🇧🇪❤️🇺🇦 »

The Brandenburg Gate in Berlin tonight.

Odd déjà vu... it used to be Blue-Yellow colour scheme back in February of 2022.

Democratic Germany, for its many flaws, didn't have these embarrassing hangups and, unlike the crypto-Nazi West, knew when to stand against colonialism and apartheid.

That's indeed an idiotic post.

But this decision from Germany is idiotic as well.

Wouldn't surprise if we can read a few news stories about knife attacks commited by muslims in Europe (rephrased as mentally ill people) in the news cycle in the next few months. And than people completely being surprised to why that is.

These children near a bombed Gaza apartment building block...

don't matter for Germany.

and for all of you.

I hope you sleep with this picture in your brain, in your mind. These are the people you let down. These are the people the forum actively wishes for their death.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2836 on: October 08, 2023, 08:22:33 AM »

Do you know I looked on You tube 2016 Biden is polling the sane as Hillary but the difference are those Provisions ballots that went 80/30 K for Biden in 20 2 pts ahead in PA and that's what Biden is leading now, it is a 303 map that's why polls that poll Trump ahead are meaningless, not 1 D has flipped on Forum to Trump meaning the same as US Trump has to win Ds not Biden winning Rs
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2837 on: October 08, 2023, 08:41:44 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2023, 09:31:27 AM by °Sturdy Unicorn »

We should tell Iran that if they declare war on Israel, we will declare war on them. I would oppose sending ground troops but we can still use our air power to cripple Iran's offensive abilities .
The US hasn't declared war in my lifetime (I'm 67)

Ever heard of the 2003 Invasion of Iraq?

By this logic, Putin's invasion of Ukraine is not a war, but a "special military operation".

Just because you do not explicitly declare war does not mean you are engaging in war.
I was just stating a fact by pointing out that all these wars were not actually declared which in no way implies that they weren't wars. If anyone wants to infer by that something other than what I meant, that's their problem.
Since the UN does not allow it's members to declare war you won't see any declared wars unless the UN changes the charter. I don't support wars, but I do recognize Ukraine's right to defend itself, for example.
I also know that the UN was created to establish peace which is something it hasn't been able to do, but don't infer from that that I  think it should be disbanded. Don't make assumptions about what I was inferring. When you make assumptions you make an a$$ out of you and me. Please pardon my language but claiming to be able to read my mind is not wise.

Also by giving the POTUS the power to start wars Congress is making a mistake. Have we learned nothing from the Vietnam War?

Edit: For what it's worth the post that I quoted has disappeared.
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #2838 on: October 08, 2023, 11:49:41 AM »

We definitely see continuity in the ideals of Eugene Talmedge with modern liberalism and the modern democratic party
In a thread about the ideological continuum of Republicans and Democrats.
Talmadge literally believed protecting Jim Crow was more important than education. Also, he became politically relevant in the 1930s, when modern liberalism was still a thing.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #2839 on: October 08, 2023, 06:03:22 PM »

I mean, it's true. Not the UK one though.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #2840 on: October 08, 2023, 10:04:00 PM »

We definitely see continuity in the ideals of Eugene Talmedge with modern liberalism and the modern democratic party
In a thread about the ideological continuum of Republicans and Democrats.
Talmadge literally believed protecting Jim Crow was more important than education. Also, he became politically relevant in the 1930s, when modern liberalism was still a thing.
Well done on missing the obvious sarcasm and posting directly into the thread
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2841 on: October 08, 2023, 11:03:14 PM »

It's very sad that Rs concede 90 of the blk vote that's why NC, OH, TX are in flux due to minorities
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2842 on: October 09, 2023, 07:03:13 AM »

Considering that the Venn diagram of Americans who are neo-Nazis and Americans who support the Confederacy is basically a complete circle, I think it’s pretty obvious who the CSA would side with

How exactly is this wrong? Okay, not all neoconfederates go so far as to be open specific neo-nazis, but the overlap is enormous.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2843 on: October 09, 2023, 07:39:33 AM »

How exactly is this wrong? Okay, not all neoconfederates go so far as to be open specific neo-nazis, but the overlap is enormous.
For one South Africa joined the Allies, for another reason CSA would be far top economically linked to the UK and France, and joining the Axis with the US joining the Allies would be military suicide. Furthermore there was almost no support for the Nazis in the actual Jim Crow South. Other things are touched in the other replies to that thread. "They'd join the Axis because both were racist" is just laughably lazy analysis.
Sumner 1868
Maps are a good thing
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2844 on: October 09, 2023, 06:02:26 PM »

Franco was one of the best western leaders of the 20th century. I'm definitely going with franco
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #2845 on: October 09, 2023, 09:15:37 PM »

Context: Israel/Palestine (of course)

As a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I demand a homeland for our people!
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #2846 on: October 09, 2023, 09:31:43 PM »

Emphasis mine

It sounds more like what Greece and Turkey did in the early 20th Century (not ideal, but not genocidial either) than something more insidious.  But, there's no perfect solution here.  I side more with Israel because they're more protective of religious freedom, but there isn't an ideal answer (other than both groups converting to Christianity, of course).
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2847 on: October 10, 2023, 03:13:21 PM »

We should have a society-wide campaign, like in the 1950s, where we find everyone who has provided real aid, including through organizing, to Palestinian liberationism and then bully them out of white-collar jobs and keep them from writing screenplays. It's important to do this in ways that also set them against each other, so that the movement can't regather.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2848 on: October 10, 2023, 05:07:36 PM »

Liberals are more hawkish than conservatives and the left is inherently more hawkish than the right. The GOP is less hawkish than Dems historically.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2849 on: October 10, 2023, 05:42:12 PM »

Emphasis mine

It sounds more like what Greece and Turkey did in the early 20th Century (not ideal, but not genocidial either) than something more insidious.  But, there's no perfect solution here.  I side more with Israel because they're more protective of religious freedom, but there isn't an ideal answer (other than both groups converting to Christianity, of course).

That is a good post.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies