MTG allies herself with "brave" Code Pink against Ukraine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:11:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  MTG allies herself with "brave" Code Pink against Ukraine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: MTG allies herself with "brave" Code Pink against Ukraine  (Read 1600 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2023, 06:46:20 PM »

More proof that the horseshoe theory is alive and well in the pro-Putin tankie world.

Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 07:17:38 PM »

It’s crazy how nationalist republicans became the moderated voice of reason on this matter, pushing for negotiated peace talks instead of a military solution. It’s unclear if they do it to simply oppose the “pro-war” liberals for the sake of it or if they really are patriots who will stand by a dovish FP based on non-interventionism and focus on domestic investment instead of globalist ones. 

I remember Trump, as much of an “anti-war” guy, still killed Iranian Qasem Soleimani. Many in generalized NPC republican base applauded it but I also remember the core intelectual base of Trumpism - the ones who really believed in the “America First” slogan - criticized Trump for the first time ever for contradicting his words and promises. So at least they should be given the benefit of doubt as people who really believe in the moral principles of what they defend instead of it just being partisan signaling.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 07:19:44 PM »

Gotta disarm Zelenskyy of his space lasers, I guess.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 07:24:34 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2023, 08:26:27 PM by Aurelius2 »

Code Pink was a bunch of America hating communists under Bush and they remain a bunch of America hating communists to this day. Code Red would be a better name.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023, 07:26:43 PM »

It’s crazy how nationalist republicans became the moderated voice of reason on this matter, pushing for negotiated peace talks instead of a military solution. It’s unclear if they do it to simply oppose the “pro-war” liberals for the sake of it or if they really are patriots who will stand by a dovish FP based on non-interventionism and focus on domestic investment instead of globalist ones. 

I remember Trump, as much of an “anti-war” guy, still killed Iranian Qasem Soleimani. Many in generalized NPC republican base applauded it but I also remember the core intelectual base of Trumpism - the ones who really believed in the “America First” slogan - criticized Trump for the first time ever for contradicting his words and promises. So at least they should be given the benefit of doubt as people who really believe in the moral principles of what they defend instead of it just being partisan signaling.
Greene said she’s against giving Ukraine aid because they harvest the organs of children but do continue with calling her a moderate voice of reason
https://deadstate.org/mtg-makes-false-claim-about-ukraine-theyre-harvesting-childrens-organs-over-there/
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2023, 08:47:27 PM »

Thank-you Bernie! LAW and ORDER must prevail.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2023, 08:55:13 PM »

It’s crazy how nationalist republicans became the moderated voice of reason on this matter, pushing for negotiated peace talks instead of a military solution.

Is this that crazy? At least some nationalist conservatives (contra imperialists) in the United States have opposed involvement in pretty much every overseas conflict since the Spanish-American War but are usually drowned out or overtaken by events and propaganda.

I initially had negative views on the assassination on the presumption it would lead to larger scale conflict, but as with Trump generally, I was wrong about my initial impression.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2023, 08:59:07 PM »

Horseshoe Theory, etc
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2023, 09:04:48 PM »

Code Pink have always been that particularly obnoxious breed of pacifist who love to always blame the person who hits second and never the original aggressor. Even if you're going to unconditionally renounce violence and say they're both bad, the one who started it is clearly worse and the source of the problem.

This is not an "America First" thing. There is a 0% chance of us ever putting boots on the ground and taking casualties and we're sending them unused military surplus so it's not even that expensive. People who cause a stink over this either love Putin or are just contrarian for the sake of it like Code Pink.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2023, 09:06:23 PM »

Patriots in control.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2023, 09:11:08 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2023, 09:14:13 PM by Red Velvet »

It’s crazy how nationalist republicans became the moderated voice of reason on this matter, pushing for negotiated peace talks instead of a military solution.

Is this that crazy? At least some nationalist conservatives (contra imperialists) in the United States have opposed involvement in pretty much every overseas conflict since the Spanish-American War but are usually drowned out or overtaken by events and propaganda.

I initially had negative views on the assassination on the presumption it would lead to larger scale conflict, but as with Trump generally, I was wrong about my initial impression.

Well, before social media era we’ve never heard of these Americans, at least on the outside.

Now with the internet and the rise of Trump it feels like they’ve gotten at least more empowered or something because these anti-war positions seem to get more mainstream within the party, as opposed to the neocon consensus from the Bush era.

If anything, the nationalist argument was more used to justify big-spending abroad - which probably has more of an effect when things internally are going great. The 90s and 00s post cold-war period likely represented this stability for the USA.

But the 2008 economic crisis represented a change landmark for the country and all the political shifts we saw in the 2010s are connected to the increasing sentiment of misery and poverty people feel. Alongside the new virtual ways of communication that democratized conversations by giving new voices that were hidden a larger platform.

This shift brought by 2008 crisis stimulated a new nationalist sentiment that directly opposes the one from 00s, the feeling that the country is being abandoned in favor of others on the outside getting an exaggerated attention and investment. Even the new conservative logo, “America First”, directly references this harsh patriotic feeling that appeals to the impoverished working class that feels it has been left out.

No wonder republicans are getting increasingly popular amongst minorities these days, since there’s a strong class-driven element behind this new type of nationalism they are now embracing. And this is something that directly aligns with real leftists beliefs who support material solutions for the struggling workers, so we’re bound to see these “unconventional” alignments between the right and the left on more matters than usual, going directly against the elitism from out-of-touch liberals.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2023, 09:13:22 PM »

Red Velvet is a candidate for the sickest most f[inks]Ed in the head person I've ever met on the Internet in a competion with an absolutely vile S-MD avatar who is thankfully a former poster.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2023, 09:15:44 PM »

Well, before social media era we’ve never heard of these Americans, at least on the outside.

Now with the internet and the rise of Trump it feels like they’ve gotten at least more empowered or something because these anti-war positions seem to get more mainstream within the party, as opposed to the neocon consensus from the Bush era.

If anything, the nationalist argument was more used to justify big-spending abroad - which probably has more of an effect when things internally are going great. The 90s and 00s post cold-war period likely represented this stability for the USA.

But the 2008 economic crisis represented a change landmark for the country and all the political shifts we saw in the 2010s are connected to the increasing sentiment of misery and poverty people feel. Alongside the new virtual ways of communication that democratized conversations by giving new voices that were hidden a larger platform.

This shift brought by 2008 crisis stimulated a new nationalist sentiment that directly opposes the one from 00s, the feeling that the country is being abandoned in favor of others on the outside getting an exaggerated attention and investment. Even the new conservative logo, “America First”, directly references this harsh patriotic feeling that appeals to the impoverished working class that feels it has been left out.

No wonder republicans are getting increasingly popular amongst minorities these days, since there’s a strong class-driven element behind this new type of nationalism they are now embracing.

You're missing a huge chunk of American History.

The Old Right has always been around. Has been for a very very long time. Senator Robert A. Taft. Pat Buchanan. And more recent politicians like Ron Paul. But they got kind of squesheled during the Reagan years because of Reagan's fusion conservativism.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2023, 09:16:27 PM »

Red Velvet is a candidate for the sickest most f[inks]Ed in the head person I've ever met on the Internet in a competion with an absolutely vile S-MD avatar who is thankfully a former poster.
who?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2023, 09:18:05 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2023, 10:33:02 AM by As the sun sets tonight I'll hold you with all that I am »

who?
Can't remember the name and don't want to soft through that disgusting garbage she threw out but think of someone who posted some unreadable dense academic blather overanalayzing Stranger Things in a clearly not very serious thread about it.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2023, 09:19:17 PM »

It is worthy of debate if utilizing the popular front this way is generally the right course of action, but I believe this is the first time Code Pink has gotten a HoR member to acknowledge them in a good while.

Code Pink was a bunch of America hating communists under Bush and they remain a bunch of America hating communists to this day. Code Red would be a better name.
Communists seem to be the only reliable figure who are anti-imperialist and don't resort to contrarianism as a method to decide foreign policy. No wonder we were able to sense the disaster that was the Iraq invasion and the GWOT-grift.

I am always impressed by the faux outrage when the Left™ tries to reach out to the other aisle but when Democrats do so it is good bipartisanship and healthy for democracy. Like the nonsense that Democrats are serving the communists or are by allying with them, the same applies here of the nonsensical horseshoe theory.

The assassination along with the general hostility to Iran by the Trump admin was wrong and I have no doubt that Trump would have gone to war in the second consecutive term of his presidency. Outside of a few Neo-nazis stuck in the past with a more uncompromising view of Israel, most MAGA people back a war with Iran and Venezuela.

Historically the GOP and the Birchers generally had an uncompromising position with left-coded countries, outside of the compromise of Vietnam done in the name of electoral victory there never was an anti-war right. Neither is there a real anti-war Democratic Party outside of them being in opposition.

Code Pink have always been that particularly obnoxious breed of pacifist who love to always blame the person who hits second and never the original aggressor. Even if you're going to unconditionally renounce violence and say they're both bad, the one who started it is clearly worse and the source of the problem.

This is not an "America First" thing. There is a 0% chance of us ever putting boots on the ground and taking casualties and we're sending them unused military surplus so it's not even that expensive. People who cause a stink over this either love Putin or are just contrarian for the sake of it like Code Pink.
Euromaidan was a coup and currently Zelensky does whatever the man in charge of Ukraine's continued existence, Biden, wants. If Biden was serious about negotiations he'd try and reach out to Putin and try to work something out. He and the MIC does not, they want the whole pie and a weak Russia either under their control or too weak to supply China.

The current inflation issue and decline in living standards is now mostly from to this war instead of the pandemic. As the government gears itself to continue on a rampage to either remain on the top for the wealthy benefactors in charge and move towards WWIII, Code Pink are apart of the few who realize that most of the people they care about would be pushed to precarity from war.

RV, don't be fooled. Once Venezuela is over with they are coming for Brazil.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2023, 09:22:16 PM »

I’ve seen worse, but his refusal to engage on the issues pertaining to Russia’s war crimes in the conflict or in stuff like (as I mentioned above) Greene opposes aid due to deranged  conspiracy theories shows what a bad faith poster they are.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2023, 09:24:09 PM »

'America' and Ukraine -- its suicide torpedo of a puppet-state disguised as a country -- is the original aggressor in this case.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2023, 09:26:57 PM »

And now Yellowhammer is here? A true meeting of the minds!
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2023, 09:28:28 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2023, 09:32:11 PM by Hindsight was 2020 »

It is worthy of debate if utilizing the popular front this way is generally the right course of action, but I believe this is the first time Code Pink has gotten a HoR member to acknowledge them in a good while.

Communists seem to be the only reliable figure who are anti-imperialist and don't resort to contrarianism as a method to decide foreign policy. No wonder we were able to sense the disaster that was the Iraq invasion and the GWOT-grift.

I am always impressed by the faux outrage when the Left™ tries to reach out to the other aisle but when Democrats do so it is good bipartisanship and healthy for democracy. Like the nonsense that Democrats are serving the communists or are by allying with them, the same applies here of the nonsensical horseshoe theory.

The assassination along with the general hostility to Iran by the Trump admin was wrong and I have no doubt that Trump would have gone to war in the second consecutive term of his presidency. Outside of a few Neo-nazis stuck in the past with a more uncompromising view of Israel, most MAGA people back a war with Iran and Venezuela.

Historically the GOP and the Birchers generally had an uncompromising position with left-coded countries, outside of the compromise of Vietnam done in the name of electoral victory there never was an anti-war right. Neither is there a real anti-war Democratic Party outside of them being in opposition.

Euromaidan was a coup and currently Zelensky does whatever the man in charge of Ukraine's continued existence, Biden, wants. If Biden was serious about negotiations he'd try and reach out to Putin and try to work something out. He and the MIC does not, they want the whole pie and a weak Russia either under their control or too weak to supply China.

The current inflation issue and decline in living standards is now mostly from to this war instead of the pandemic. As the government gears itself to continue on a rampage to either remain on the top for the wealthy benefactors in charge and move towards WWIII, Code Pink are apart of the few who realize that most of the people they care about would be pushed to precarity from war.

It really is amazing how hypocritical people like you are to keep calling your opposition to aid “anti-imperialist” while constantly denying Ukraine it’s own agency
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2023, 09:34:20 PM »

You mean the Republicans? Oh I have no doubts about that at all.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2023, 09:36:33 PM »

It really is amazing how hypocritical people like you are to keep calling your opposition “anti-imperialist” while constantly denying Ukraine it’s own agency

Ukraine doesn't have agency though. Its current dictator was installed by the US State Department.
The only countries on the world stage which have anything close to absolute sovereignty and agency are the US, China, Russia, perhaps India, and a few others to varying degrees. Everyone else has to bend to the pressures of greater powers -- many of them are de facto imperial provinces with no sovereignty at all, like Canada and Germany (which had an act of war committed against it by the US and never so much as raised a peep about it).
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2023, 09:43:31 PM »

Because truly the thievery that happened under Poroshenko and now Zelensky is empowering Ukrainians to become European allies and equal partners like Germany or even Poland group and not hollowed out like other deindustrialized hellscapes. If EuroMaidan was about autonomy and independence from Russia the massive privatization schemes and oppressive nature of this regime would not have occurred. Neither would the prior glee for professionals and merchants to relocate to Germany and enrich themselves from afar through speculation to return rich by entering the EU.

You mean the Republicans? Oh I have no doubts about that at all.
I should be more aware of your intelligence and intentions

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2023, 09:49:05 PM »

It truly shows how little you bother to know about Ukraine PSOL (if it wasn’t painful obvious before) that you’d gone on about “corruption” and “thievery” when Zelensky has been actually cracking down on the oligarchs along with internal corruption

Also lol Yellowhamer thinks the US state department installed Zelensky?! 💀
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2023, 09:50:15 PM »

It truly shows how little you bother to know about Ukraine PSOL (if it wasn’t painful obvious before) that you’d gone on about “corruption” and “thievery” when Zelensky has been actually cracking down on the oligarchs along with internal corruption

And quite frankly, when Zelensky was first elected, people were concerned that he could been drawn into Putin's orbit because of his inexperience.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies