The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 03:54:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 176938 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2850 on: October 13, 2023, 01:09:32 AM »

Emphasis mine

It sounds more like what Greece and Turkey did in the early 20th Century (not ideal, but not genocidial either) than something more insidious.  But, there's no perfect solution here.  I side more with Israel because they're more protective of religious freedom, but there isn't an ideal answer (other than both groups converting to Christianity, of course).

That is a good post.

Always amazing how Mr all liberal all the time throws that concept out the door when faced with such things as the concept of religious plurality. Then basically you become Jerry Falwell on steroids. Sad.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2851 on: October 13, 2023, 01:11:11 AM »

And just in case we thought that Vosem wasn't working overtime to defend ethnic cleansing, here's him comparing Hamas to the kkk.

The reactions in this thread would be quite different if this was the KKK protesting on campus. I wonder what the difference is.

Yes, one of these organizations promotes genocide, and the other "merely" subjugation. They are on very different moral levels.

Truly peak Vosem
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #2852 on: October 13, 2023, 01:17:13 AM »
« Edited: October 13, 2023, 10:29:41 AM by Vosem »

And just in case we thought that Vosem wasn't working overtime to defend ethnic cleansing, here's him comparing Hamas to the kkk.

The reactions in this thread would be quite different if this was the KKK protesting on campus. I wonder what the difference is.

Yes, one of these organizations promotes genocide, and the other "merely" subjugation. They are on very different moral levels.

Truly peak Vosem

Once again, your reading comprehension skills are terrible. I think Hamas is orders of magnitude worse than the KKK, and would never equate them. My opinion of individuals who don't think this way is very low, although in the West they are more commonly simply fools rather than actually hateful. Some, like you, are both.

Also, I think I have finally earned a new signature, since this is Peak Vosem!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2853 on: October 13, 2023, 09:04:45 AM »

Emphasis mine

It sounds more like what Greece and Turkey did in the early 20th Century (not ideal, but not genocidial either) than something more insidious.  But, there's no perfect solution here.  I side more with Israel because they're more protective of religious freedom, but there isn't an ideal answer (other than both groups converting to Christianity, of course).

That is a good post.

Always amazing how Mr all liberal all the time throws that concept out the door when faced with such things as the concept of religious plurality. Then basically you become Jerry Falwell on steroids. Sad.
It's impossible for someone to believe in Matthew 28:18-20 and be liberal?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2854 on: October 13, 2023, 09:08:16 AM »

Hamas might be better than Netanyahu at this rate.
Mr. Ukucasha
United States

« Reply #2855 on: October 13, 2023, 05:32:57 PM »

Truly peak Vosem

He's literally not wrong though? Hamas literally calls for the killing of all Jews and are far more open and explicit about this desire than even the Nazis ever were (the Nazis, at least initially, tried to cover up their genocidal intentions with weasel-y language). Hamas<KKK.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #2856 on: October 13, 2023, 08:51:15 PM »

This referendum is a good example of why direct democracy is bad & stupid.
Governments elected with a minority of the vote (1st preferences in this case), would not be expected to be that democratic towards the majority which voted someone else.

So referendums tend to be the only opportunity for the majority to vent against the minority in power, that's why Parliamentary Governments always lose referendums unless they are geniunely popular.
Chance of pace from Israel/Palestine and genocide, we see a total misunderstanding of a preferential voting system.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2857 on: October 13, 2023, 09:50:54 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2023, 09:57:36 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I am happy that Valarie McCrary is competitive, why is she competetive,CHUCK TODD THE IRON TRIANGLE of political survival OH, NC AND FL ONCE OH GOES FOR DS, AND IT Went AWAY FROM MCcain, him, so goes the nation. Due to fact Gorsuch CRT struck down Student loans Forgiveness and Affirmative Action and Abortion

Brown is a strong inc like Johnson is, he overpolled

In addition to that Trump is no Bush W and no Reagan for the 100th time he is an indicted felon
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2858 on: October 14, 2023, 12:23:42 PM »

I’m pretty sure that news story was disproven.

Is this sarcasm?
If not, push the play button in the OP to see the video.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #2859 on: October 14, 2023, 10:38:30 PM »

Someone is going to get hurt in 2025, and there is a decent likelihood that someone will be killed. Dutton and Price need to be extremely careful of some of the forces they've unleashed in this referendum, or they'll end up sending us down the path of the United States.

What a disaster it would be if Australians vote for policies aimed at lifting their standard of living to match that of the United States!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2860 on: October 14, 2023, 10:41:55 PM »

Again, the reason why it's a 303 map with wave insurance Rs concede 90 percentage pts of blk vote
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2861 on: October 14, 2023, 11:20:24 PM »

Nate Silver said in 2018 Gov cycle the country is on a D trend away from the Reagan era
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2862 on: October 15, 2023, 08:09:44 PM »

We were under no obligation to stop Hitler in the 30s
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2863 on: October 15, 2023, 09:16:29 PM »

Truly peak Vosem

Once again, your reading comprehension skills are terrible. I think Hamas is orders of magnitude worse than the KKK, and would never equate them. My opinion of individuals who don't think this way is very low, although in the West they are more commonly simply fools rather than actually hateful. Some, like you, are both.

My reading skills are fine. I understood your point quite well, it's just moronic and chosen ideological blind spot to pick favorites, even as far as relative evil, between these two I love some organizations. The fact that you constantly poo poo the existence of racism, overt or otherwise, especially among conservatives, is again simply your own blind spot.

It's actually rather ironic that you consistently Squat and squeal about my supposedly terrible writing comprehension when every time you do so it's simply a matter I'm pointing out that I understand your arguments completely, and simply how exitable they are.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2864 on: October 15, 2023, 09:22:04 PM »

Truly peak Vosem

My reading skills are fine. I understood your point quite well, it's just moronic and chosen ideological blind spot to pick favorites, even as far as relative evil, between these two I love some organizations. The fact that you constantly poo poo the existence of racism, overt or otherwise, especially among conservatives, is again simply your own blind spot.

It's actually rather ironic that you consistently Squat and squeal about my supposedly terrible writing comprehension when every time you do so it's simply a matter I'm pointing out that I understand your arguments completely, and simply how exitable they are.

Obviously nothing will ever top your AAD outburst (and yes, I know you meant 'loathsome organizations'), but saying in your post accusing me of racism that you "love some" Hamas and KKK is an absolutely excellent Freudian slip.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2865 on: October 16, 2023, 07:32:42 AM »

Truly peak Vosem

Obviously nothing will ever top your AAD outburst (and yes, I know you meant 'loathsome organizations'), but saying in your post accusing me of racism that you "love some" Hamas and KKK is an absolutely excellent Freudian slip.

No, a Freudian slip is something that reflects a person’s actual subconscious feelings.  Frankly, anyone suggesting Badger has subconscious positive feelings about the Klan or Hamas is either an idiot or a troll.  So this voice to text mistranslation objectively doesn’t meet the criteria for a Freudian slip.

An example of a Freudian slip would be if you meant to say “I oppose affirmative action because I want to keep bad students out of our schools,” but accidentally said “I oppose affirmative action because I want to keep black students out of our schools.”
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2866 on: October 16, 2023, 09:05:12 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2023, 09:30:54 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

No, a Freudian slip is something that reflects a person’s actual subconscious feelings.  

Who cares? It's Badger.

Please.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2867 on: October 16, 2023, 10:09:52 AM »

No, a Freudian slip is something that reflects a person’s actual subconscious feelings.  

Who cares? It's Badger.

Please.

For all that certain people like to rant and rave about how awful Badger supposedly is, it’s quite telling that his most vocal critics tend to default to making objectively false claims about him. 
AtorBoltox

« Reply #2868 on: October 18, 2023, 09:55:58 PM »

I sometimes like to imagine a world where the Jews got their homeland in Alaska or Tasmania or somewhere else nice, rather than clearing out lots of Muslims in the middle east.

Then our relationship with the Muslim world would just be buying their oil and holidaying on their beaches and just maybe we wouldn't need to suffer their extremists stabbing and shooting people on our streets, flying planes into towers or bombing our buildings,  all because we continually defend and enforce a stupid decision we made over a century ago.

1. What the hell do Tasmania or Alaska have to do with Jewish people?

2. Neither of those places are particularly “nice” places to live.

3. Those places had a bunch of people who lived there. Why would it be justified to clear out all of those people?
the people who raise such points are closet racists.  They know Tasmanian or Alaskans (or New Jersyites, or Germans*, etc) wouldn't still be acting like a spoiled child who popped their own ball 70 years later.

*some clowns actually suggest that Germany would have been a good place to create the Jewish homeland in 1947...and they do it in all seriousness with a straight face.  I've seen it, several dozen times.   That's a special kind of crazy.

Tasmania is a very nice place to live, probably one of the nicest places in the world. Alaska is beautiful and offer more genuine freedom than anywhere else in the US, but is of course not for everyone. Tasmania's indigenous population had been exterminated so none of the residents really had a good claim to stay there rather than somewhere else in Australia.

Removing the Germans from Germany and deporting them to Central Asia, Siberia and the Sahel and paying some South American countries to take the "nice ones" (confirmed active anti-Nazis, trade unionists, artists, pacifists etc.) and killing off the Nazi party members and the old German military, economic and administrative establishment would have been fair. A Jewish homeland in an ethnically cleansed Germany wasn't what the Jews wanted, and would have been difficult logistically but Germany is far too nice a place (temperate climate, natural beauty, fertile soil) for a people with a track record like the Germans, and given that they took advantage of the Jews being a diaspora people reducing the Germans to a diaspora people would have been poetic justice.
Why do all the alternate 'solutions' to where the Jews should have gone after WW2 involve ethnic cleansing on a scale vastly greater than what actually happened in Palestine?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2869 on: October 19, 2023, 05:15:36 PM »

Who cares? It's Badger.

Please.

Don't you have snuff films to post as a pretextual interest in "crime"?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2870 on: October 19, 2023, 05:17:24 PM »

Truly peak Vosem

No, a Freudian slip is something that reflects a person’s actual subconscious feelings.  Frankly, anyone suggesting Badger has subconscious positive feelings about the Klan or Hamas is either an idiot or a troll.  So this voice to text mistranslation objectively doesn’t meet the criteria for a Freudian slip.

An example of a Freudian slip would be if you meant to say “I oppose affirmative action because I want to keep bad students out of our schools,” but accidentally said “I oppose affirmative action because I want to keep black students out of our schools.”

That would not be a Freudian slip for vosem. That would be a day ending in y, speaking to himself in the mirror while shaving.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2871 on: October 19, 2023, 11:38:10 PM »

Truly peak Vosem

The issue with Badger is that all of his posts are repetitions of the same critiques against people he hates, even when the questions being discussed have nothing to do with those critiques, and when he moves beyond that his posts slip into bizarre (and actually extremely comically prejudiced) fantasies of violence. I don't think his disagreement with conservatism is even real in the way that it is for posters who actually do believe that left-wing policies might improve society; his posts instead reflect a personality which is seeking someone, anyone, that society might allow him to be cruel to. Satisfaction, for him, is derived from insults and fantasies of violence done by others. In this way it is very similar to the personality that might attract someone to Hamas or the Klan, even though, because of his particular society, I doubt Badger consciously has much sympathy for those organizations.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2872 on: October 19, 2023, 11:58:00 PM »

Truly peak Vosem

The issue with Badger is that all of his posts are repetitions of the same critiques against people he hates, even when the questions being discussed have nothing to do with those critiques, and when he moves beyond that his posts slip into bizarre (and actually extremely comically prejudiced) fantasies of violence. I don't think his disagreement with conservatism is even real in the way that it is for posters who actually do believe that left-wing policies might improve society; his posts instead reflect a personality which is seeking someone, anyone, that society might allow him to be cruel to. Satisfaction, for him, is derived from insults and fantasies of violence done by others. In this way it is very similar to the personality that might attract someone to Hamas or the Klan, even though, because of his particular society, I doubt Badger consciously has much sympathy for those organizations.

You, Criticizing me or indeed anyone else on the sun, about having an inherent instinct to be cruel to others?

Report yourself to the irony ore thread, stat.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2873 on: October 20, 2023, 06:50:26 PM »

...How do you get your Atlas to look like that?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2874 on: October 20, 2023, 06:50:46 PM »

In response to the question, "Should the US accept refugees from Gaza?"

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies