The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:18:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168249 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: July 11, 2020, 10:30:36 AM »

I know lots of people have a fetish for him, but as an Italian who knows the actual knowledge level of English in my country, this put me off completely:

Rome would be my other place to live, English is a universal language in Italy due to Vatican. Australia would be nice. If I hit the jackpot
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 02:28:59 PM »

I know lots of people have a fetish for him, but as an Italian who knows the actual knowledge level of English in my country, this put me off completely:

Rome would be my other place to live, English is a universal language in Italy due to Vatican. Australia would be nice. If I hit the jackpot

Your first mistake is thinking that olawakandi's posts are actually intended to mean anything, much less something absurd or ignorant.

Do you mean he just random selects word to put together? Because indeed that seems a very plausible explanation for the phrase "English is a universal language in Italy due to Vatican".
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 05:36:00 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2020, 08:31:42 AM by Battista Minola 1616 »

In politics, you get over the petty stuff like 'jealousy' pretty quickly. If not, then you don't stay in the game for 4+ decades like she has.

Also, obligatory "you wouldn't be asking this of, say, Beto if Biden picked Buttigieg as his VP?" Wonder why.

I don’t know, maybe because Hillary has been a US senator, run for President twice, coming extremely close each time, is a good friend of Biden, and served as SOS under his administration?

Okay, let me make it more clear: if Hillary Clinton were a man, then bronz & people like him wouldn't be asking if 'Male Hillary' was jealous. Why? Because 'jealousy' is 100% a dog-whistle for the "women are too emotional to hold office" crowd. If you don't think it is, then you're naive.

It's not sexist, what I said.

Hillary is probably saying to herself, why am I not being considered for the job, Kamala Harris has no experience, Elizabeth Warren is not ready.

Why not Biden-Clinton, let Clinton be president when Biden steps down?

Maybe all four of them, but certainly the last one.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 04:50:34 AM »
« Edited: August 02, 2020, 05:18:23 PM by TexasGurl »

Isn't this racist enough to warrant harsh mod intervention?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 11:38:52 AM »
« Edited: August 02, 2020, 05:18:59 PM by TexasGurl »

There was mod intervention. The worst post was removed, this one was nothing in comparison.

Good. I have seen that all of Horatii's posts on that thread have been removed.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 03:55:29 PM »

One of the real apparent learnings from this is you cannot trust people to regulate themself in a crisis.

Australia knocks on the doors of the homes of people isolating after they test positive to COVID-19.

Around 25-30% are not at home. They go back to work, at the gym, go shopping.

So that means that one third of people, once infected are not concerned about others getting infected. Once infected, their psychology flips to 'active infector'. Think about that carefully. Until you are infected, you cannot imagine thinking that way.

Now out of your two points, Government control in this pandemic is the only option. Removal of infected subjects from the population is a very very effective tool to stop community transmission.
Australia should transport all infected to the Gold Coast, and pay their salary while on their holiday. They can come back when they test negative.

Since everyone would be infected, there would be no harm in going to the gym, shopping, or even working remotely.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2020, 03:04:52 AM »

The fact that 44% of Americans want 4 more years of this absolute hell is simply astounding.

It is, but it's the country we're living in. I've grown to accept it and be numb to it. I always thought  that 44% is actually a very realistic popular vote percentage for Trump performing at his worst. He shouldn't even be getting 1% in polls ever, but alas, to quote his apathetic ass: "it is what it is."

Yes I know many of you will not find anything absurd or ignorant with that post, but I don't care.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 09:27:29 PM »

The fact that 44% of Americans want 4 more years of this absolute hell is simply astounding.

It is, but it's the country we're living in. I've grown to accept it and be numb to it. I always thought  that 44% is actually a very realistic popular vote percentage for Trump performing at his worst. He shouldn't even be getting 1% in polls ever, but alas, to quote his apathetic ass: "it is what it is."

Yes I know many of you will not find anything absurd or ignorant with that post, but I don't care.

I know you don't care but what's your reasoning for this? I don't really get it, obviously.

I think it's pretty gross to suggest that the Republican candidate in a situation like this *should* be getting zero support.
I posted that here mainly to vent my contrarianism about it without having to actually write anything substantial.
I understand that you are much more angry, nihilistic and pessimistic about the current status of the USA than I am, so we'll have to agree to disagree.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2020, 10:14:38 PM »

I know you don't care but what's your reasoning for this? I don't really get it, obviously.

I think it's pretty gross to suggest that the Republican candidate in a situation like this *should* be getting zero support.
I posted that here mainly to vent my contrarianism about it without having to actually write anything substantial.
I understand that you are much more angry, nihilistic and pessimistic about the current status of the USA than I am, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Could you clarify why you think its “gross”. Imo theirs nothing gross about disliking a political party.

Disliking a political party is not the same as arguing that the party deserves zero votes.
I think it's a question of tone used.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2020, 05:30:11 PM »

Question:

How the f**k is an absurd posts thread named after Mr. Morden?

Answer:

I would encourage you to name the thread after me.  It wouldn't be a personal attack, since all my posts are amazing, and therefore everyone would recognize the name as being ironic rather than serious.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2020, 12:12:01 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2020, 12:21:27 PM by 𝔅𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔞 𝔐𝔦𝔫𝔬𝔩𝔞 »

There is always a Tweet:

Americans long have said they wanted a President who said out loud exactly what they thought.  Now, they have one.

You mean a president with incoherent verbal diarrhoea?

Spoken like a man with a gargantuan 123 posts who probably has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from the challenge of typing "effort posts" on his way to being a Forum Institution.

Because of course.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 08:33:55 AM »

Lmao imagine thinking that among all the users there are on this forum, tack50 is insane.

P. S. Could you please bring this discussion to another thread, please?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 11:38:50 AM »

You beat me to writing precisely that. Even if I die protecting my family, at least I'm sending a half dozen or so to their doom. People who don't respect property forfeit their right to life.

No. No. No. No. No.
This is absolutely, totally wrong and I will not apologize for saying this.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2020, 01:40:23 PM »

Personally pro-choice.

They are a lot of people in this country who should have been aborted, of all races and ethnicites.

bronz is outdoing himself.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2020, 08:34:21 AM »

so like when me and my wife were 22 and got married would we not have been allowed to live together lmao

big gov can go f!ck themselves. it makes me so mad.
I would rather the big gov. f**ks me. I want to be treaded on so badly.

Lmao
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2020, 02:53:53 AM »

I never went for the "all people in WV are racist hicks" meme, and for obvious reasons I think that making fun of white people in poverty is no more justified than making fun of black people in poverty, but it does bug me thinking about all those counties that swung McCain, some of which voted for Kerry.

Yes, the deaths of ancestral Dems have something to do with it, but some of these states and counties swung so Republican that I struggle to come up with a better explanation for it, especially since Hillary Clinton was leading McCain in polls, often by heavy margins, in West Virginia and Arkansas.

The policy differences between Obama and Clinton were so minimal that it's almost inconceivable that these areas would be so willing to vote for Clinton over McCain but not Obama.

And no, obviously the racial animus in Appalachia doesn't erase the more subtle racism often found up North, but I can't for the life of me explain swings so heavy without factoring in race - especially since multiple studies confirmed that the major factors for Obama-Trump voters were conservative attitudes on race and immigration.

As of 2016, approximately 26% of the state *might* not be racist.

Even by your (ridiculous) logic, it's actually 73%.

100% - (489,000 / 1,800,000) = 73%
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2020, 05:23:01 AM »

In other news.

Absolutely yes, and it's not even remotely debatable. They have repeatedly attacked our elections (and continue to do so), placed bounties on the heads of our soldiers and there is evidence that they have murdered with impunity on our soil.

Saudi Arabia and North Korea should be included in the travel ban as well. Not a single one of the 60,000+ Saudi students who attend college in the U.S. every year should be allowed back in until the man who ordered the murder of Jamal Khashoggi is brought to justice. If the pampered princling doesn't want to take responsibility for himself, then there should no longer be a relationship between our countries that so disproportionately benefits the Saudis at our expense.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2020, 05:39:17 PM »

Can we please stop this two-page long derailment about the nature of West Virginia politics? It's getting pretty tiresome.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2020, 01:27:27 PM »

Forumlurker has reached a new level.

I’m calling it right now.
The early voting data is just so terrible for the Democrats, I don’t see a path for Biden at this point.
The fact he is getting crushed in Florida on this weekend day shows that deplorables are indeed a silent majority.
I take no joy in this projection, and I sincerely hope our country gets what it deserves (I now am actively cheering for Xi Jinping on the global stage, they are better than we are) But it appears the American people really are as moronic and useless as I warned you all about.

I project Donald Trump will win the 2020 presidential election and will continue to be the 45th president of the United States.

Tag me if I’m wrong, because I won’t be.
There is no path for Biden, nor for America.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2020, 03:20:52 PM »

And what of the quarter to third of West Virginians who vote Dem?

Even within your own silly paradigms the morals here make absolutely no sense.

If the party is to appeal to red states, I'd rather appeal to ones where we have a base like TX and GA, college voters are the future of the party and WV has none and thus should largely be ignored. WV swings more and more R each cycle, I don't know why people still pretend that Democrats should prioritize it.

You are continually arguing against a gigantic strawman living in your head rent-free. Literally no one says that Democrats should "prioritize" West Virginia.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2020, 10:49:01 AM »

Disgusting, reprobate human being. War monger, neoliberal Randian, anti-white racist, ect.

Famous Ayn Rand acolyte Joe Biden LMAO
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2020, 04:32:48 PM »

All of the people who said yes are why we can never have good things.

The question was "do you own a gun?"
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2020, 06:44:45 PM »

All the people that said yes...are why you still have anything good left.

This is totally delusional lol. The government should go door and door and collect everyone's guns, so that we can never have mass shootings again. The second amendment is inconsistent with the original goals of this nation which were to pursue a sense of life and pursuit of happiness. Hard to do that when deranged people are running around with guns. This cannot go on, the more guns that the people have, the likelier it is that one of them goes and shoots up some place, this is why all guns should be confiscated by the government, and police and military people should also surrender their guns when they are off-duty.

DEAR LORD THE MOTHERLODE

Paging John Dule lmao I can't
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2020, 04:03:25 AM »

The question was "do you own a gun?"

Because not wanting widespread mass shootings is absurd and ignorant. Please don't keep peddling these untrue NRA talking points.
How does my dad's revolver contribute to mass shootings?

It legitimately feels mean making fun of S019’s ridiculous views and nonsensical takes ... guy seems off.

Id feel bad but I can quote a post where he said dumb posters should be mocked so I'm all for it.

You know if people didn't have guns, I wouldn't have to worry about there possibly being a school shooting every time I go to school. Besides Australia is doing just fine the only reason we still have guns is because southern rural deplorable want to hang on to culture or whatever, and the NRA takes advantage of them to project this reactionary, far right Overton Window on guns, where supporting anything left of universal background checks makes you a communist to 20% of the country, there is an issue there, also please feel free to make fun, just reveals the type of person that you are, and that you are completely okay with this occurring. I am just so grateful that we at least have one party that doesn't blindly follow NRA propaganda. I am genuinely disturbed that a good chunk of this forum actually thinks the status quo is okay, has anyone actually paid attention the last 10 years or not? I'm legitimately curious.

Thanks for posting this directly into this thread.

By the way, I can sort of understand almost all of the absurd/ignorant parts, but there is something I don't get... what is this fixation with Australia in particular? Do you think the Australian government confiscates guns?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2020, 04:03:44 AM »

Why do you keep posting directly in this thread S019

It may be subconscious self-awareness.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length