The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 07:33:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 ... 131
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 179749 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2925 on: November 05, 2023, 11:09:14 AM »

I’d love to see my brothers autism “cured.” He can’t converse, he can’t live on his own, he can’t bathe himself, he can’t cook himself a meal, he’s completely and totally helpless. There’s nothing in the world I’d like to see more than him being freed of this ball and chain. I love him more than anyone I’ve ever loved, and it tortures me seeing his ability to communicate be so frustrated.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2926 on: November 08, 2023, 11:20:01 AM »

Good to see PA GOP do a decent job this year after the absolute humiliation last year. Hopefully they can flip back the house next year.

Huh? They are on track to lose all of the statewide judicial races.

The only races they are doing well in are the two Allegheny races, which are totally out of context and have their own issues outside of the state.
They improved from 2022 significantly no? Like wasn't the concensus a double digit win for the Dem here?

LMAO absolutely not. And McCaffery will likely do even better than Fetterman by the end of this.

That said, the weakness of the democratic candidate showing an Allegheny county is some cause for concern McCaffrey winning the county by less than 10 points and thus only a couple points better than his Statewide margin is atrocious. Plus zappala, even with his long time and come and see in family name, getting reelected was a bit of a upset
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2927 on: November 08, 2023, 11:28:51 AM »

Fun to see y'all engage in this. Are y'all this unaware of yourself.

If you weren't autistic, you wouldn't have an account on this forum.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #2928 on: November 08, 2023, 12:04:50 PM »

Latin America is sh**t thanks to its own people (which includes white/semi-white elites).
Venezuela was a bomb since at least the 60s
Colombia has done more bad than good to the world
Ecuador is like the most average country of the world.
The same with Paraguay, but they are landlocked.
Peruvians are hard working, but that's all
Chilenians have problems or identity. They are fine people misguied by pinochetists.
Argentinians think that by having europeas origin they deserve an europeas standart of living. Thats nonsense.
Brasilians should put young football promises out of favelas as early as possible.
Uruguay is like a less bad Argentina, but its more like a country to retire or live a simple life.
Evo was good for Bolivia, but he should have retired by 2019.

Norte Chico > Incas
Incas were imperialistic too
Everybody in the world should learn about the Norte Chico / Caral civilization at school.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2929 on: November 08, 2023, 01:03:16 PM »

Damn right. All true progressives believe in providing free mental health care to treat conditions that shouldn't be cured because they're actually blessings.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #2930 on: November 08, 2023, 07:38:42 PM »

How do you know that 1,400 Israelis really died?

How do you know that the Israeli government (who is known to lie) didn't inflate the numbers and hired crisis actors to play the family of the victims?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2931 on: November 08, 2023, 08:00:31 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2023, 10:50:44 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

I don't think at the present autism can be "cured", because I have never heard of any case.

Autism appears to be a form of brain damage to a part of the brain which controls 'social interaction' and 'communication'. The onset is usually 16-24 months in most cases.

As such, it is permanent. That brain tissue is not coming back. Autistic people never get better or 100% cured. And because it is affecting brain tissue in different amounts, the sufferers of autism are all different. Some are verbal, some are not, etc. Hence, we talk of a spectrum.

That is why it needs to be treated between the ages of 18 months and 4 years. During these developmental years, other 'nearby' parts of the brain can still be 'trained', 'coaxed' or 'educated' to take over those parts of the brain which control social interaction.

I have seen this entire process occur successfully in real life.

The most critical phase is to get the affected youngster to land in Grade 1 primary school without any obnoxious traits. If they can remain stable in an educational environment unassisted, the prognosis is excellent as they copy the behaviours and social behaviours of other students.

Although the main attributes of Autism will be less visible, if you spend time with these teenagers or adults, you will 'sense' it over time.

People who appear autistic in my experience as Adults.

• Elon Musk
  • Bill Gates
  • Joe Bonamassa
  • Sir Isaac Newton
  • Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

They have notable stories which only make sense if they were Autistic savants.

Mozart, in 1770 at the age of 14, went to Rome, and heard the private singing of Allegri Misere, a song that was unpublished under the threat of excommunication by Pope Clement XIV at the time. Mozart listened to it once, and later transcribed it in it's entirety from memory.

https://www.classicfm.com/composers/mozart/guides/mozart-allegri-miserere/

Before you watch this, imagine if someone asked you to later write it down as a musical score. Your brain would have to function on another level to achieve this.

Wolfgang Mozart

Allegri Miserere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XdPaK5GIC8

Allegri Original Sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6hD8YtO5HI

Despite their incredible intelligence and success, savants usually present in other areas as severely under developed.

Elon Musk Dancing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0sJJU3FaOQ

It's like a 3 year old dancing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2932 on: November 10, 2023, 04:53:56 PM »

If Beshear narrowly wins, this poll will have been very accurate.

If Beshear narrowly loses, this poll will have been a total disaster.

If Beshear narrowly wins, the polling industry is in good shape.

If Beshear narrowly loses, the polling industry is officially dead.

If Beshear narrowly wins, I will never make a prediction again.

If Beshear narrowly loses, my predictions are the new gold standard.

If Beshear narrowly wins, Biden should write his concession speech.

If Beshear narrowly loses, Trump should prepare his victory speech.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2933 on: November 11, 2023, 12:01:11 PM »

You don't believe me, than ask yourself how many nations do recognise Palestina as an independent entity. The answer is almost zero, none in the west. They're not recognised

Wikipedia tells me that 138 nations recognize the state of Palestine

And none that matter (honestly)

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2934 on: November 11, 2023, 12:41:09 PM »

You don't believe me, than ask yourself how many nations do recognise Palestina as an independent entity. The answer is almost zero, none in the west. They're not recognised

Wikipedia tells me that 138 nations recognize the state of Palestine

And none that matter (honestly)

Well, as long the USA & western world doesn't recognise them, nothing changes.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2935 on: November 11, 2023, 01:53:23 PM »

No one is ever morally obligated to give up their own resources to potentially help someone else.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2936 on: November 11, 2023, 04:38:17 PM »

If these promotions are so "mission-critical", Biden needs to make the compromise now and drop the policy of funding travel for abortion.  If it's THAT important, then, by all means, give up a fringe policy for the "mission-critical" promotions.

I suspect these promotions are far from urgent; they are, more likely, rewards for those the military wishes to reward.  The military is not beyond politics.  The thread title is more Excessive Hyperbole from Runeghost, who is good for little more than Excessive Hyperbole.

Way to once again blame Democrats for Republican terrorism and hostage-taking.

Honestly this kind of thing is just absolutely pathetic. Sounds like the Hamas and Russian sympathizers actually, "Just give in to their demands! It's actually YOUR FAULT for everything bad that happens if you don't!"

Despicable.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2937 on: November 12, 2023, 11:53:47 AM »

Uhhh, yes, it is literally just common sense for public figures to be held to different standards than the common people
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2938 on: November 13, 2023, 11:47:50 AM »

Sounds like we need an Israeli style draft for 18-19 year olds to put in two years of service drug free.

Freedom is not free.

Already dumb but the "we" from an Australian makes it even moreso.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #2939 on: November 13, 2023, 02:58:32 PM »

Already by nature are men the progressive and woMen the conservative sex.
As a conSequence before our perverse era also intellectually and psephically - as everyone should be aware of on this forum.
Feminism is one of several products of the egalitaristic fanatism of decadent and self-hating&abdicating upperClass-men, in democratic Athens (cf. ARISTOPHANES) as well as in the XVIIIth's "Enlightenment" (and its present-day echos).

Radicalism is something more naturally male. Thay includes reactionarism.
Meanwhile, feminist can be considered self interest politics, not the most progressive way of thinking. Intersectionalism can be considered progressive, but its also self interest politics if you are a woman of color. Byron "collect money and try to fight for Greece while being an englishman" type idealism is something particulary male (and that's doesn't mean its good). Most males in politics also participate in some form of self interest politics (at minimun, lobbyism).
Now, females are more religious but if they see the religion of their parents don't benefit them, they will leave. There is a reason astrology is kind of popular with young females.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2940 on: November 15, 2023, 01:08:19 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2023, 01:18:22 PM by Badger »

Good to see PA GOP do a decent job this year after the absolute humiliation last year. Hopefully they can flip back the house next year.

Huh? They are on track to lose all of the statewide judicial races.

The only races they are doing well in are the two Allegheny races, which are totally out of context and have their own issues outside of the state.
They improved from 2022 significantly no? Like wasn't the concensus a double digit win for the Dem here?

LMAO absolutely not. And McCaffery will likely do even better than Fetterman by the end of this.

That said, the weakness of the democratic candidate showing an Allegheny county is some cause for concern McCaffrey winning the county by less than 10 points and thus only a couple points better than his Statewide margin is atrocious. Plus zappala, even with his long time and come and see in family name, getting reelected was a bit of a upset

Several hours before you posted this so-called ignorant post, my mistake was pointed out to me and I sheepishly acknowledge that the WTAE article I took those numbers from were with 0% of the precincts reported. As it was in tiny letters at the bottom and the article still listed those results several hours after the polls closed, it was an easy mistake for anyone to make.

This acknowledgment was only a couple posts below this so-called ignorant or absurd post, and it's a shame you didn't bother to just consider it the simple oversight it was. But hey, if your disingenuous attempt at a dunk on me made your day go better, more power to you!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2941 on: November 15, 2023, 01:12:48 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2023, 01:20:22 PM by Badger »

How do you know that 1,400 Israelis really died?

How do you know that the Israeli government (who is known to lie) didn't inflate the numbers and hired crisis actors to play the family of the victims?

That is taken out of context and you know it. The poster was clearly mocking the virulent Defenders of Israel's indiscriminate shelling of Gaza who are trying to claim that Palestine is greatly exaggerating reported civilian deaths and further hiring crisis actors to play bombing victims families.

Furthermore, you conveniently omitted his final line where he stated his penultimate point, that the poster he was responding to was missing the big picture in that people are rightly shocked at the level of indiscriminate bombing Israel is undertaking.

Do better.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2942 on: November 15, 2023, 02:32:21 PM »

Please stop badger.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2943 on: November 15, 2023, 02:41:15 PM »

What can I say? I came across two patently disingenuous posts within one page, one involving me personally, so I pointed out two dishonest posts in a row  And?

ĺ submit the people being dishonest in their posting are more worthy of being chided than I for calling them out on their dishonesty.  (Shrug)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2944 on: November 17, 2023, 10:54:27 PM »

Rare non-political example.

I've never heard of any male OF accounts. I'm sure some exist but quite limited.

I know everyone already laughed at this in the original thread, but this is just incredible. Peak BRTD.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2945 on: November 18, 2023, 12:19:07 AM »

More like Smug.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #2946 on: November 19, 2023, 07:23:27 PM »

Not to be a self-hating autist, but he has a point. Like, if I had full-blown low-functioning autism, sh**t, man, I'd want a cure for that. But since I'm on the upper end of the spectrum, while I certainly still have my challenges (hello, underemployment), you can take my autistic parlor tricks from my cold dead brain.

I do not fear the dark side of autism. I embrace my weaponized autism and will use it at will.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2947 on: November 21, 2023, 06:05:15 PM »

The funny thing is that if only Trump voters participated in that election weed would have likely passed in 2016. It only failed because it took major hits in counties Hillary Clinton carried.

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2948 on: November 21, 2023, 07:14:51 PM »

Another level of unhinged here. Can't believe this wasn't deleted for excessive hyperbole.

This is what happens when history education in this country is an abject failure, to the point 25% of Generation Z denies the Holocaust and 2/3rds thinks it wasn't as bad as 6 million Jews dead.

Unlike the older generations, they don't even understand why Israel exists in the first place, and just falsely view this as a battle of the strong Israelis vs. the weak Palestinians as a result, without any understanding of the historical context which saw Israel have to fight tooth and nail just to exist while under attack from their neighbors who refused to recognize them for decades.

Also, when you're too young to even remember 9/11, maybe as an American at least you won't realize how much of a threat Islamic terrorism really is, and thus have a more indifferent reaction to 10/7. Compound this with getting all your information from the CCP-backed TikTok and reading fewer actual books and news articles than ever, and this is the result.

This is all the result of IGNORANCE. Pure IGNORANCE. Worse, ignorance masquerading as holier-than-thou "enlightenment," all because these gullible young people saw some Twitter/X threads with fake news about how Israel is deliberately murdering innocent Palestinians, the opposite of what actually happened.

And it's only going to get worse. Before you know it they'll be arguing Bin Laden wasn't so bad... Wait, that's already happening. Or that Taiwan isn't a country... Wait, that's happening too.

F--k.

Ban TikTok and ban it now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2949 on: November 22, 2023, 06:14:17 AM »

Everyone needs to calm down now with these Trump numbers over Biden kers wait til after New Yrs day when the R primary bounce is over for Trump, as I said Trump leads over Biden is temporary bounce
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies