The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:05:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168478 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« on: September 04, 2021, 12:12:08 PM »

I have said that the labels "pro life" and "pro choice" are not good ways to frame the abortion controversy. We could easily substitute the labels "anti choice" and "anti life".
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 08:26:49 PM »

This whole thread is kinda dumb. It's just people posting posts that their political beliefs are not aligned with. Anyone who posts in here is just big mad that someone took a different opinion than them.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 01:02:32 PM »

Has there ever been a stranger post than the following one?

What people don't understand is that our dislike of masks goes way beyond not wanting to wear one.  It's that we don't want to ever be reminded that covid happened.  So, I don't want to ever see anyone in a mask and I don't want anyone to ever get tested or quarantine.  The virus will always exist, but it's not a unique threat at this moment.  I want to live in a world that doesn't even think about covid.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 12:33:30 AM »

The thing is, bullying isn't done "just for the sake of it." It can be a valuable way to expunge antisocial behavior without resorting to parental/state intervention.

I submit this as Exhibit A for the defense:

It doesn’t count as bullying if they deserve it.
That is taken totally out of context. I wouldn't call being critical of Nazi beliefs, "bullying". The Nazis were the bullies, and that's an understatement.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 01:57:08 PM »

I know it's way out of context but...
"I actually wished I was a Trump supporter..."

Now that's funny Smiley
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2023, 08:41:44 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2023, 09:31:27 AM by °Sturdy Unicorn »

We should tell Iran that if they declare war on Israel, we will declare war on them. I would oppose sending ground troops but we can still use our air power to cripple Iran's offensive abilities .
The US hasn't declared war in my lifetime (I'm 67)

Ever heard of the 2003 Invasion of Iraq?

By this logic, Putin's invasion of Ukraine is not a war, but a "special military operation".

Just because you do not explicitly declare war does not mean you are engaging in war.
I was just stating a fact by pointing out that all these wars were not actually declared which in no way implies that they weren't wars. If anyone wants to infer by that something other than what I meant, that's their problem.
Since the UN does not allow it's members to declare war you won't see any declared wars unless the UN changes the charter. I don't support wars, but I do recognize Ukraine's right to defend itself, for example.
I also know that the UN was created to establish peace which is something it hasn't been able to do, but don't infer from that that I  think it should be disbanded. Don't make assumptions about what I was inferring. When you make assumptions you make an a$$ out of you and me. Please pardon my language but claiming to be able to read my mind is not wise.

Also by giving the POTUS the power to start wars Congress is making a mistake. Have we learned nothing from the Vietnam War?

Edit: For what it's worth the post that I quoted has disappeared.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 04:33:26 PM »

Good. NATO is a force for evil at this point.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2023, 06:11:29 AM »

$174,000 is hardly middle class these days, so it's no surprise that you can't accumulate much on that. That's barely enough for one person, and he chose to have five moochers in his household.

Little rich girl thinks nearly 4 times the median income is "hardly middle class these days" /eyeroll/
if $174000 a year is poor, all we have to do is raise the minimum wage to $100 and nobody will be poor. Terrified
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2023, 01:17:50 PM »

Is there a "cure" for someone who makes too many absurd or ignorant posts?
Just wondering....
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2023, 01:55:37 PM »

Is there a "cure" for someone who makes too many absurd or ignorant posts?
Just wondering....
All you do around here is whine.
Are you sure that you don't mean "wine"?
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2023, 12:16:06 AM »

$174,000 is hardly middle class these days, so it's no surprise that you can't accumulate much on that. That's barely enough for one person, and he chose to have five moochers in his household.

Little rich girl thinks nearly 4 times the median income is "hardly middle class these days" /eyeroll/

I literally cannot wait until they cure autism so people like you can capture tone from basic context clues. But hopefully they will sooner ban you (again) for your continued escalations and inability to play nicely.

I am option 5 but it doesn't get our family very far in NoVA.

It's really insulting that you think so little of us to tell outright fibs. Living paycheck to paycheck is a lifestyle choice for this income bracket anywhere so if your family chooses to live in line with its income, that is not the same thing as not actually having much. Especially if the home is owned, I have even less sympathy.

The only thing in NoVa that I find excessively priced compared to every high CoL metro in the country is the restaurants seem to be a little pricier. Easy cost to cut.

Happy? I have years of posting history to support it.

Wow. Just wow. Not only is this a cluelessly classist post implying that poverty or even middle class people struggling to get by in some sort of Lifestyle choice rather than a problem with income inequality and everybody not making a bit shy of 200k a year as so-called barely middle class all on top of your having a history of being a nasty racist,  but now you attack another poster for supposedly being autistic whether true or not?

I don't want to get modded so please just imagine the most invective names imaginable being directed at you, because Lord knows you've just proving yourself deserving of them

Thank you once again for proving yourself incapable of clicking through the link and reading for context that PEOPLE MAKING MORE THAN $250,000 living paycheck to paycheck is a lifestyle choice. I don't know why we let illiterate people post here.

And the only history of posts deleted for "racism" in my history are one for being anti-white and arguably one for being anti-English, and I know those ain't what you're talking about, so please quit slandering me. TIA.
Or maybe you could take Ferguson's advice and try meditation. You're taking this all too personally.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2023, 02:36:07 PM »

I don't think at the present autism can be "cured", because I have never heard of any case.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2023, 10:46:34 PM »

Damn. The guy who stabbed him was scheduled to be released in 2026. Now he's facing another 20 years.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2023, 09:16:55 AM »

Trump is fundamentally a pro-democracy pro-capitalist pro-peace hombre. He wouldn't accept dictatorial powers even if the overwhelming majority of the American people, congress, state legislatures, military, corporate world, et al offered it up to him.
Darn, you beat me to it. I was about to post the exact same post. Smiley
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2023, 12:07:16 PM »

This thread is full of ignorant posts.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=574647.0
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2024, 09:22:42 AM »

If it was truly clear that it was God I was hearing from and not Satan or my own thoughts, Yes.

If it was clear that it was God speaking to me and it was clear he wanted me to do it, Yes for certain.
Otherwise No.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2024, 05:01:49 AM »

If it was truly clear that it was God I was hearing from and not Satan or my own thoughts, Yes.

If it was clear that it was God speaking to me and it was clear he wanted me to do it, Yes for certain.
Otherwise No.
Wow, only one recommend. So, it's ok to murder your child after he or she is born, but having an abortion should be illegal. What if God tells a woman to have an abortion?

Is atlas that delusional or am I missing something here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies