Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:07:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 344203 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3200 on: November 01, 2021, 06:40:14 PM »

FWIW, here is the TargetEarly modeled electorate for Early vote, now up to date-

Dems 603K (53%)
Reps 352K (31%)
Unaffiliated 183K (16%)
= 1.14M

https://targetearly.targetsmart.com/g2021?demo_filters=%5B%7B%22key%22%3A%22modeledParty%22%2C%22value%22%3A%22All%22%7D%5D&state=VA

L2 Data is predicting a similar early vote:

Dems 608K
Reps 337K
Una 66K

Those are still a day or two outdated though

https://twitter.com/L2political/status/1455315168108351490
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3201 on: November 01, 2021, 06:40:36 PM »

People here are really taking a Youngkin internal at face value?
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3202 on: November 01, 2021, 06:43:48 PM »

Videos like this are always dumb.  Like, do you think that if they found a Youngkin voter who could actually articulate what CRT is they would be plastering his facae on social media trying to get him to go viral?  lol

My money says 95% of Youngkin voters cannot do this.  Yet it's their number 1 issue.  

C'mon, man, c'mon! Everyone intuitively knows, what CRT is. It's White People BAAAD. As simple as that. A lot of {white} libs think this way, and believe or not, some of them are teachers. And, of course, some will inject it in some way in theirs teaching.

Condoleezza Rice explains like a Queen she is, what many normie parents worry about:

Here is the full video:
Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

Youngkin/GOP should make an ad of it.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3203 on: November 01, 2021, 06:44:32 PM »

The Youngkin campaign is trying to pretend like it's massively ahead.
That seems like a bad tactical decision but maybe they calculate that this will generate the rural VA turnout he needs.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3204 on: November 01, 2021, 06:45:43 PM »

It IMO gives us more value than Early Voting #s to be honest.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3205 on: November 01, 2021, 06:46:20 PM »

Videos like this are always dumb.  Like, do you think that if they found a Youngkin voter who could actually articulate what CRT is they would be plastering his facae on social media trying to get him to go viral?  lol

My money says 95% of Youngkin voters cannot do this.  Yet it's their number 1 issue.  

C'mon, man, c'mon! Everyone intuitively knows, what CRT is. It's White People BAAAD. As simple as that. A lot of {white} libs think this way, and believe or not, some of them are teachers. And, of course, some will inject it in some way in theirs teaching.

Condoleezza Rice explains like a Queen she is, what many normie parents worry about:

Here is the full video:

A) that is still not what CRT is, and a gross and exaggerated mischaracterization of the actual details of the theoory
B) once again, CRT is not taught in any public schools in the entire country, much less VA.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3206 on: November 01, 2021, 06:48:12 PM »

Here is the full video:

That is an important part I think is framed wrong in the debate but you nailed. Teaching CRT is a meh idea but could be introduced to higher level classes like marxist or feminist critical analysis. The actual issue is implementing it in the way you teach.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3207 on: November 01, 2021, 06:50:42 PM »

Guess there was logistical reasons why Virginia Beach didn't happen

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3208 on: November 01, 2021, 06:51:32 PM »

It IMO gives us more value than Early Voting #s to be honest.

Except for the fact that early voting #s are actual votes, versus an internal from a campaign, that can really juiced up #s that may or may not be close to reality.

And I've maintained that as far as we can tell, the only thing we can definitively glean from the EV is that both sides are engaged.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3209 on: November 01, 2021, 06:53:13 PM »

Virginia Democrats leaning state

Michigan swing state

California solid dem

Deal with it!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3210 on: November 01, 2021, 06:53:41 PM »

This is pretty cool

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3211 on: November 01, 2021, 06:54:06 PM »

McAuliffe's crowds always look as white as Youngkin's. Surprising in a diverse state like VA.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3212 on: November 01, 2021, 06:56:36 PM »

McAuliffe's crowds always look as white as Youngkin's. Surprising in a diverse state like VA.

Depends where in the state he's going.  The rallies in the Virginia Beach area were mostly black people.  The rallies in Richmond were mixed.  The NOVA rallies were extremely white.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3213 on: November 01, 2021, 07:06:45 PM »

Win or lose i am proud I was voter 3 in fairfax county on September 17th
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3214 on: November 01, 2021, 07:17:14 PM »

This is pretty cool

lmao that's just embarrassing
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3215 on: November 01, 2021, 07:17:57 PM »

This is pretty cool

I don't get it? It just seems to be a projector onto a house?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3216 on: November 01, 2021, 07:20:18 PM »

This is pretty cool

I don't get it? It just seems to be a projector onto a house?
It's cool to see modern projecting technology on the campaign trail. It'd be neat regardless of which candidate was doing it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3217 on: November 01, 2021, 07:21:32 PM »

don't agree with some of Bill Scher's framing of the issues themselves, but he's right that CRT is being overblown as the supposed central issue of the campaign and the reason Youngkin is competitive
https://washingtonmonthly.com/2021/10/29/glenn-youngkins-cheerful-culture-war/

No doubt if Youngkin wins, or barely loses, the preponderance of hot takes will be along these lines—that backlash over critical race theory and policies toward transgender students reversed Virginia’s 21st-century blue trend. But such hasty conclusions would gloss over much of what Youngkin has done right and what former Democratic Governor Terry McAuliffe has done wrong to make the race competitive.

Yes, it’s true that Youngkin has said he would ban critical race theory in Virginia classrooms (even though it isn’t taught in Virginia classrooms). And he has defended a Loudoun County teacher who refuses to address transgender students by their preferred pronouns. But contrary to Hochman’s implication, Youngkin took those stances back in the spring.

In the Real Clear Politics poll average, McAuliffe’s margin has steadily ticked downward, from a five-point lead on October 1 to about a one-point lead a week before the election. What happened just before that decline? McAuliffe foolishly said in a September 28th debate, “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach.”

McAuliffe didn’t say that in regard to critical race theory or gender identity policies, but in regard to books containing sexually explicit content assigned by teachers and available in school libraries. Youngkin had just referenced a recent controversy, fueled by parents at a school board meeting, about two books in Fairfax County’s high school libraries that had such content. (On the day of the debate, the two books were temporarily removed from the libraries, pending a formal review.) And Youngkin criticized McAuliffe for vetoing a bill when he was governor that would have given parents the ability to opt their children out of assignments dealing with books that had sexually explicit content. “You believe school systems should tell children what to do,” said Youngkin. “I believe parents should be in charge of their kids’ education.”

TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3218 on: November 01, 2021, 07:21:32 PM »

Win or lose i am proud I was voter 3 in fairfax county on September 17th
Best of luck man! Vote early, vote often!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3219 on: November 01, 2021, 07:27:50 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2021, 07:37:39 PM by 🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸 »

another under-discussed issue on the education front:  less than half of Virginia students are were in person school full time as late as June.

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3220 on: November 01, 2021, 07:28:34 PM »

another under-discussed issue on the education front:  less than half of Virginia students are in person school full time

Isn't that during the Spring?

I assume its 95% now?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3221 on: November 01, 2021, 07:34:28 PM »

another under-discussed issue on the education front:  less than half of Virginia students are in person school full time

I assume its 95% now?

huh, I guess you're right. I'm not sure what the current number is.  Still having them out of in-person school for so long is an issue of dissatisfaction for a lot of people.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3222 on: November 01, 2021, 07:36:36 PM »

another under-discussed issue on the education front:  less than half of Virginia students are in person school full time

I assume its 95% now?

huh, I guess you're right. I'm not sure what the current number is.  Still having them out of in-person school for so long is an issue of dissatisfaction for a lot of people.

Yeah Chap Petersen was the Democrat who called them out the rest of the party on the issue.

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3223 on: November 01, 2021, 07:41:10 PM »

The Youngkin campaign is trying to pretend like it's massively ahead.

That seems like a bad tactical decision but maybe they calculate that this will generate the rural VA turnout he needs.

Seems like he's trying to lay the groundwork for a "stolen election" narrative should he lose, convince his supporters that fraud was the only possible thing that could've happened. 
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3224 on: November 01, 2021, 07:42:55 PM »

Guess there was logistical reasons why Virginia Beach didn't happen

Is this logistical or tactical?

Meaning is the TMAC campaign looking at it like better to boost ED TO in NoVA vs trying to build up SE-VA?

I'm wondering if part of it has to do with potential for mail delays (which are even listed on the Fairfax County website) so they figure better to gin up margins in the North (plus free and generally favorable local media coverage) vs trying to scrounge up additional votes in SE-VA?

Thought Youngkin was supposed to be in SE VA today as well?
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies