Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 09:57:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 349346 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3150 on: November 01, 2021, 04:16:39 PM »

Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #3151 on: November 01, 2021, 04:25:20 PM »

Honestly at this point I’m hoping TMac wins by 15 points on Election Day just so this long build up and excitement just dies immediately
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3152 on: November 01, 2021, 04:26:08 PM »

Honestly at this point I’m hoping TMac wins by 15 points on Election Day just so this long build up and excitement just dies immediately

I too hope that every candidate I support wins by a margin that will never happen.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3153 on: November 01, 2021, 04:26:36 PM »

It doesn't need to even be that big a margin to shut this down immediately.  If it's like a 5 point margin it could actually be called extremely early.  I remember a Wisconsin recall of Walker that was called super early to everyone's surprise and I don't think it was a double digit margin.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #3154 on: November 01, 2021, 04:28:05 PM »

I too hope that every candidate I support wins by a margin that will never happen.

My candidate in this race is chaos
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3155 on: November 01, 2021, 04:33:17 PM »

Maybe Virginia should be the state we hold all our primaries in as well, since it already brings out the worst in people why not push it further?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3156 on: November 01, 2021, 04:34:24 PM »

People have been making fun of T-Mac for making it all about Trump but... it's clear that Youngkin is deathly afraid of being associated with him in any way.

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3157 on: November 01, 2021, 04:34:48 PM »

My candidate in this race is chaos

The chaos begins when Fairfax early vote drops and posters start deleting their posts from this weekend.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3158 on: November 01, 2021, 04:34:56 PM »

Meanwhile, Trump has endorsed Youngkin again - 2nd time today

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3159 on: November 01, 2021, 04:35:46 PM »

Everything about this is insane obviously, but imagine with all of the things going on right now - and how media claims everyday people are so worried about inflation and rising gas prices, etc. - that this man truly thinks the most PRESSING issue of the entire state of Virginia is CRT.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3160 on: November 01, 2021, 04:36:43 PM »

How is it any different than thinking the most pressing issue is an unemployed ex president?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3161 on: November 01, 2021, 04:38:14 PM »

How is it any different than thinking the most pressing issue is an unemployed ex president?

CRT doesn't have complete control of a political party, and people know what Trump is.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3162 on: November 01, 2021, 04:38:30 PM »

Everything about this is insane obviously, but imagine with all of the things going on right now - and how media claims everyday people are so worried about inflation and rising gas prices, etc. - that this man truly thinks the most PRESSING issue of the entire state of Virginia is CRT.

It is insane.  And with the GOP trying to outlaw abortion, CRT getting more attention is even more hilarious.  

But I am convinced this is just enraged rural and right wing Virginians who are always enraged about something.  I've seen this play out before.  Before 2017 there was an ad where a pickup truck was following minority children.  And the right got all enraged.  These people are always enraged, even when they are in power.  The CRT thing is just the latest outlet for it.  More voters aren't suddenly concerned about education as their number one issue.  The sheep are just reciting what Tucker told them to recite.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3163 on: November 01, 2021, 04:39:01 PM »

Honestly fair. But on the other hand I am a partisan hack so I will pretend you don't have a good point.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3164 on: November 01, 2021, 04:41:48 PM »

Honestly fair. But on the other hand I am a partisan hack so I will pretend you don't have a good point.

I mean, comparing CRT, which is not taught in VA public schools and is nothing like what it's being targeted as from the right, to an ex president who basically led an insurrection on the U.S. capitol after telling America the previous election was fraudulent, ending in deaths of Americans that same day is just... not the same thing. Among other things he's done.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3165 on: November 01, 2021, 04:42:36 PM »

That unemployed ex president could ask for another coup tomorrow and have thousands of foot soldiers at his beck and call.

He is still extremely dangerous.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3166 on: November 01, 2021, 04:47:05 PM »

Don't forget that many of the same people complaining about non-existent CRT-indoctrination are also literally indoctrinated by Q-Anon.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3167 on: November 01, 2021, 04:59:06 PM »

So unless Q-Pac is releasing their poll tomorrow, which would be odd, do we think it got spiked, a la the IA Caucus 2020 poll?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3168 on: November 01, 2021, 05:04:10 PM »

Surprised no one posted this but lol Josh .
The guy is literally someone who sent like 5000 to GOP candidates and ran for a school board.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3169 on: November 01, 2021, 05:07:25 PM »

This is the epitome of how mindbogglingly stupid American politics has become. CRT is the most important issue hands down, but also, what is CRT? The reason it's so important is because they were told that it was the most important, and they integrated that into their belief system, which is just a jumbled mess of a few things they've grown to dislike through experience, many, many more things they've been told to dislike. This old man must really be a team player and just wants to make sure he is on record hating all the same thing his team hates.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3170 on: November 01, 2021, 05:09:22 PM »

This is the epitome of how mindbogglingly stupid American politics has become. CRT is the most important issue hands down, but also, what is CRT? The reason it's so important is because they were told that it was the most important, and they integrated that into their belief system, which is just a jumbled mess of a few things they've grown to dislike through experience, many, many more things they've been told to dislike. This old man must really be a team player and just wants to make sure he is on record hating all the same thing his team hates.

Trumpkin is essentially going to win over issues that dont exist.. CRT.. and pandemic restrictions.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3171 on: November 01, 2021, 05:21:18 PM »

Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #3172 on: November 01, 2021, 05:27:25 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2021, 05:36:16 PM by Del Tachi »

Videos like this are always dumb.  Like, do you think that if they found a Youngkin voter who could actually articulate what CRT is they would be plastering his facae on social media trying to get him to go viral?  lol
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3173 on: November 01, 2021, 05:27:48 PM »

I told yall this would happen and no it is not about ing Afghanistan like you said. lmaoo

but this does not mean that  Nova will become a GOP strong hold again. This is not the 1990s anymore.

It just means 2012 voting patterns in Nova may be more valid (very dem instead of titanium dem) and will make it very hard but not impossible for dems to win statewide going forward unless they get more wwc vote back.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3174 on: November 01, 2021, 05:31:50 PM »

I told yall this would happen and no it is not about ing Afghanistan like you said. lmaoo

but this does not mean that  Nova will become a GOP strong hold again. This is not the 1990s anymore.

It just means 2012 voting patterns in Nova may be more valid (very dem instead of titanium dem) and will make it very hard but not impossible for dems to win statewide going forward unless they get more wwc vote back.

The problem is, the GOP still lost the state even with those numbers.

You'll need Gillespie 2014 sorta numbers up there if you want to win as a Republican.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies