COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:44:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 ... 456
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 546337 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10625 on: April 01, 2022, 09:16:48 PM »

DO NOT GET A BOOSTER EVERY SIX MONTHS!!!!!! ONCE A ING YEAR IN THE FALL IS SUFFICIENT.

How can you possibly know this?  I’d be happy to get a booster every month if it means we don’t have to wear masks on planes anymore.

As per usual, he's just talking out of his ass, he knows just as much as we do. I'll be eligible for a second booster as soon as they're approved for under 50 and plan on getting one asap.

I was always right that Covid measures were BULL.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #10626 on: April 01, 2022, 10:16:09 PM »

DO NOT GET A BOOSTER EVERY SIX MONTHS!!!!!! ONCE A ING YEAR IN THE FALL IS SUFFICIENT.

How can you possibly know this?  I’d be happy to get a booster every month if it means we don’t have to wear masks on planes anymore.

As per usual, he's just talking out of his ass, he knows just as much as we do. I'll be eligible for a second booster as soon as they're approved for under 50 and plan on getting one asap.

And Alex Jones was right about the government spying on us; that doesn't mean I'm going to buy fluoride shield or start believing that there are child sex slave colonies on the moon.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10627 on: April 01, 2022, 10:32:19 PM »

And Alex Jones was right about the government spying on us; that doesn't mean I'm going to buy fluoride shield or start believing that there are child sex slave colonies on the moon.

Touche I guess
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10628 on: April 01, 2022, 11:06:58 PM »

Some of them may not have been best given what we know now about the virus. Many were not "bull."
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #10629 on: April 01, 2022, 11:08:25 PM »

Some of them may not have been best given what we know now about the virus. Many were not "bull."

Every single one of them was bull.

In hindsight, there never should have been any major restrictions.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10630 on: April 01, 2022, 11:13:33 PM »

No I completely disagree with that.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10631 on: April 02, 2022, 12:23:09 AM »

Every single one of them was bull.

In hindsight, there never should have been any major restrictions.

I don't know about never, but there certainly shouldn't have been anything after May 2021, when every adult in the country had the chance to be vaccinated.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10632 on: April 02, 2022, 03:11:47 PM »

I regret being so tolerant of masks so late in the game. I regret that.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #10633 on: April 02, 2022, 09:08:16 PM »

I honestly think there is some working between Fauci and other arrogant scientists that are pushing boosters every few months to weaken immune systems. Because they want covid to continue so they do not lose their power.

I see you ditched your mask for a tinfoil hat.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10634 on: April 02, 2022, 09:33:11 PM »

I honestly think there is some working between Fauci and other arrogant scientists that are pushing boosters every few months to weaken immune systems. Because they want covid to continue so they do not lose their power.

not necessarily.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-a-4th-covid-19-shot-likely-wont-provide-more-protection
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10635 on: April 02, 2022, 09:42:37 PM »

not necessarily.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-a-4th-covid-19-shot-likely-wont-provide-more-protection

The problem isn't that there may be some validity to a 4th booster not being helpful for everyone. It's that you think there's a plot by doctors to keep Covid going.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10636 on: April 03, 2022, 08:29:06 AM »

In my home state of Massachusetts, cases are skyrocketing. I fully expect a BA2 surge. This is going to devastate the country, and, worst of all, it'll help the Republicans in the midterms.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10637 on: April 03, 2022, 08:36:31 AM »

These cases are clearly sparked by the immigration surge at the border I have gotten the booster shot and haven't gotten sick, many of us have gotten immune from the virus but immigrants

But, during Trump they came on cruise liners
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10638 on: April 03, 2022, 11:00:39 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2022, 11:05:51 AM by Roll Roons »

In my home state of Massachusetts, cases are skyrocketing. I fully expect a BA2 surge. This is going to devastate the country, and, worst of all, it'll help the Republicans in the midterms.

This is disinformation. There is no place in the country where cases are skyrocketing. I know you want the pandemic to continue forever so we can be under lockdowns like your beloved China, but there is seriously something deeply wrong with you.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10639 on: April 03, 2022, 11:03:04 AM »

I think every county in Massachusetts is green on the CDC map.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10640 on: April 03, 2022, 11:23:08 AM »

Cases are creeping up again. There's going to be a surge.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10641 on: April 03, 2022, 11:26:10 AM »

And how do we know this?

By now, there's very few people who don't have immunity.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #10642 on: April 03, 2022, 11:42:51 AM »

These cases are coming from immigrants abd Homeless person because I just got my booster shot and show no signs of COVID

You know why because I get my blood drawn Diabetes and diseases are caused by too many Red blood cells, before
 I got my blood drawn I had a 58 elevated red blood cell count it's now 42  that's why patrons get diseases too many Red blood cells

I  not a Doctor I am just relaying what Doctors tell me blood sugar has a direct correlation to flush that's why you get feverish to kill the diseases in your blood due to too many Red blood cells
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #10643 on: April 03, 2022, 01:28:13 PM »

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10644 on: April 03, 2022, 02:19:52 PM »

Probably, at least in relative terms, and it will mean next to nothing to those of us who are vaccinated or had a previous bout of Omicron.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10645 on: April 04, 2022, 05:20:59 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2022, 05:24:58 PM by Frodo »

A deal is reached, but not before screwing over the rest of the world:

Senators reach $10 billion Covid funding deal for therapeutics, vaccines and testing

The legislation earmarks at least $5 billion to purchase and develop Covid treatments such as antiviral pills. Another $750 million is set aside to develop vaccines that target specific variants and to expand vaccine manufacturing capacity in the U.S. if needed.

The funding is less than half the $22.5 billion that President Joe Biden first requested. The deal does not include money to support the administration’s efforts to increase vaccinations around the world.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said every dollar the administration requested is essential, and noted that the White House will work to get Congress to pass more aid. However, Psaki said time is of the essence, and urged lawmakers to swiftly pass the $10 billion.

“We urge Congress to move promptly on this $10 billion package because it can begin to fund the most immediate needs, as we currently run the risk of not having some critical tools like treatments and tests starting in May and June,” Psaki said.

We're selfish, entitled bastards.  And to what purpose?  It is not like more Americans are going to get themselves vaccinated.  Doesn't it make more sense to make more vaccines available to those out there in the Third World that actually want them, unlike so many of our fellow citizens?  
LostFellow
LostHerro

« Reply #10646 on: April 04, 2022, 05:43:52 PM »

There is most certainly going to be a BA2 surge like in every other European nation, with the early signs occurring right now: https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm.

The point of contention is the magnitude of the surge, and whether any forced preventative measures should exist. It is a completely consistent viewpoint to both be against restrictions and also recognize that there is potential for many people to get mildly sick for a short period. This isn't so complicated.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #10647 on: April 05, 2022, 11:35:21 AM »

Cases are rising again, that's why Biden Approvals are flatline again, he said that once Flu season was over we would be over Covid

He lied
Hollywood
« Reply #10648 on: April 05, 2022, 12:41:59 PM »

There is most certainly going to be a BA2 surge like in every other European nation, with the early signs occurring right now: https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm.

The point of contention is the magnitude of the surge, and whether any forced preventative measures should exist. It is a completely consistent viewpoint to both be against restrictions and also recognize that there is potential for many people to get mildly sick for a short period. This isn't so complicated.

I see no validity in aggressively forced preventative measures in schools and businesses that aren't primarily involved in the healthcare and geriatric industry.  Terminally ill MRNA Injected and Un-Injected patients with compromised immune systems are going to catch, spread and die from BA.2, just like those patients used to die from Pneumonia triggered by Influenza and Rhinovirus strains spreading within the hospital and Geriatric Communities.  That should be the sole focus of infection policy and study. 

Countries in Africa, Europe and Asia have demonstrated that the virus will infect the vast majority of the population before anyone knows its rapidly spreading within the population.  It will account for over 90% of reported cases, and it will be extremely mild in nature.  The vast amount of adults and kids won't even know they had it cause it will present as an allergy or nuisance cold.  Countries like China and South Korea have way over-reacted to the spread, and they are suffering dearly for it.  For example, there are massive protests going on across China, and businesses are folding throughout the nation.  https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/east-asia/article/3170825/coronavirus-how-south-korea-beating-covid-despite-600000-new

Omicron was a blessing from nature that we were told not to fear by African Medical leaders that handled it initially, and the more infectious and less severe sub-variant BA.2 will only bolster immunity among the herd.  We should not make the mistake of over-reacting.     
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10649 on: April 05, 2022, 03:14:41 PM »

I'm really hoping they open up fourth shots for all adults soon. That being said, it's rather ominous that so many vaccinated people are refusing to get a booster. We've only gotten 29% boosted, which is pathetic.

Also, do you guys think we should be using vaccination rates to predict the 2022 results? If so, Michigan's going to swing way to the right, its vaccination rate is well below the national average.
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 ... 456  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies