COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 04:32:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 432 433 ... 456
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 548292 times)
LostFellow
LostHerro

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10675 on: April 11, 2022, 05:07:43 PM »

Remember when they promised a vaccine that was reformulated to protect us from Omicron would be out by March?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Yeah, I'm vaxed and boosted but I'm done with further shots until we get a reformulated one that targets the viruses that are actually in circulation nowadays. With my young age, good physical health, and the fact I get badly sick for 2-3 days after each shot, I see no reason to participate in Pfizer and Moderna's continued cash-cowing of their now-outdated vaccines.
It is weird that Pfizer and Moderna are still using vaccines that are for variants that are about 4 or 5 generations in the past.

I mean the mRNA vaccines are still extremely effective against significant sickness from covid. No reason not to leave the channel open for those who are still unvaccinated and/or unboosted.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #10676 on: April 11, 2022, 09:02:27 PM »

So I’ve been very fatigued with some cold symptoms and lack of appetite almost every day for more than two weeks now.  I tested negative for covid yesterday, and already had it three months ago (in addition to being vaxxed and boosted), but I’m not really sure what else this could be.  I’ve never been sick for this long before.  Is is possible to get “long covid” after recovering and feeling fine for several months only to have it come back?
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #10677 on: April 11, 2022, 09:18:33 PM »

Remember when they promised a vaccine that was reformulated to protect us from Omicron would be out by March?

Yeah, I'm vaxed and boosted but I'm done with further shots until we get a reformulated one that targets the viruses that are actually in circulation nowadays. With my young age, good physical health, and the fact I get badly sick for 2-3 days after each shot, I see no reason to participate in Pfizer and Moderna's continued cash-cowing of their now-outdated vaccines.
It is weird that Pfizer and Moderna are still using vaccines that are for variants that are about 4 or 5 generations in the past.

I mean the mRNA vaccines are still extremely effective against significant sickness from covid. No reason not to leave the channel open for those who are still unvaccinated and/or unboosted.
I agree. They are 90% effective or more against severe outcomes and still around 50% against getting COVID. Pfizer and Moderna need to speed up developing better COVID vaccines however that are 100% effective.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10678 on: April 11, 2022, 10:56:21 PM »

Nick, yes long covid symptons can come and go. If that's what it is, something could have inflamed it (stress, another virus, etc). Matt there won't be something 100% effective but it can probably be better. I'm sure they're working on it, but I think the first priority was lowering the death toll from the variants.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #10679 on: April 12, 2022, 09:55:48 AM »

Do you guys think the TSA mandate will be lifted? Their last decision in March did not seem to be based off science, and was instead based off pressure for flight attendants' unions
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10680 on: April 12, 2022, 02:02:53 PM »

Presumably they assumed it was more necessary than it actually was. Omicron-specific protection against severe illness is no different than three doses of the current vaccines. So it will be a more difficult and longer scientific project, if it succeeds at all, to get a vaccine that is very effective at preventing mere transmission and reducing deaths further.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10681 on: April 12, 2022, 09:15:03 PM »

Nick, yes long covid symptons can come and go. If that's what it is, something could have inflamed it (stress, another virus, etc). Matt there won't be something 100% effective but it can probably be better. I'm sure they're working on it, but I think the first priority was lowering the death toll from the variants.
The Walter Reade COVID vaccine is promising and should have at least 95% efficacy from what I have read. The problem is that it won’t be available until 2025.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10682 on: April 13, 2022, 10:23:32 AM »

Public transportation mask mandate extended for 15 days.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10683 on: April 13, 2022, 10:30:28 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2022, 11:36:44 AM by Donald John Duck »

The CDC gained a lot of power during the pandemic, and they clearly love policing our lives, so they are trying to hold onto their power with every bit of strength they have
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #10684 on: April 13, 2022, 10:31:37 AM »

Just 2 more weeks, man! Just 2 more weeks! We promise! This time, we mean it! Just 2 more weeks to flatten the curve, man!
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10685 on: April 13, 2022, 10:36:09 AM »

Just 2 more weeks, man! Just 2 more weeks! We promise! This time, we mean it! Just 2 more weeks to flatten the curve, man!
With how the MSM is trying to scare us about a 'spring surge', I don't think they are going to let us go unmasked on public transportation any time soon
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10686 on: April 13, 2022, 10:48:54 AM »

With how the MSM is trying to scare us about a 'spring surge', I don't think they are going to let us go unmasked on public transportation any time soon
I agree 100%. BTW, which states do you think will be first to implement and N95 mandate? My money is on New York, Hawaii, or California, but I could be wrong.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #10687 on: April 13, 2022, 11:13:03 AM »

TSA mask mandate extended until May 3.  Sad

Only a two week extension this time.  This is approaching Zeno's mask mandate where every time the deadline approaches it will be extended for half as long without every actually expiring.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10688 on: April 13, 2022, 11:21:05 AM »

The TSA never gave two s**ts about 'slowing the spread'. They have further proven, during this pandemic, that they only care about flexing their power

Well it's coming from CDC they're just going along with it.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10689 on: April 15, 2022, 11:09:53 AM »

The University of Rochester reimplemented its mask mandate today. I enjoyed the month of normalcy while it lasted, but it looks like the rest of my time here is going to be more COVID restrictions. Just fantastic.

Universities in general seem hellbent on reimposing mask mandates and not letting go of restrictions. It is absolutely ridiculous. The college experience has noticeably worsened over the past few years, and it is more expensive than ever to go to college. But now, they are making it even more uncomfortable. I tell you that pandemic hysteria has consumed so many people in this country.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10690 on: April 15, 2022, 01:00:02 PM »

It's now been two months since I was warned about mass deaths in Nova schools since Youngkin signed a bill banning mask mandates.

I am so glad I do not have kids. I couldn't imagine my anger during covid if I did.
Omega21

« Reply #10691 on: April 15, 2022, 01:23:19 PM »

It's now been two months since I was warned about mass deaths in Nova schools since Youngkin signed a bill banning mask mandates.

I am so glad I do not have kids. I couldn't imagine my anger during covid if I did.

Mass deaths?

Healthy & non-obese kids are at an infinitely higher risk of getting leukemia or lymphoma than dying to Covid.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10692 on: April 15, 2022, 01:30:43 PM »

Mass deaths?

Healthy & non-obese kids are at an infinitely higher risk of getting leukemia or lymphoma than dying to Covid.

My point is those mass deaths were never gonna happen. It was all about control .
Omega21

« Reply #10693 on: April 15, 2022, 01:41:20 PM »

Mass deaths?

My point is those mass deaths were never gonna happen. It was all about control .

In that case, based & Orwell pilled. Although I do think that part of it also comes from plain old stupidity & the fact that most western generations post WW2 are p*****s, and not just a lust for control.

I recently went back to Bosnia for a few days. If you wear a mask anywhere outside a hospital, are fairly young and look healthy, people look at you like a clown lol.

Made me remember why I love my people(s), in spite of all the problems.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10694 on: April 15, 2022, 02:10:36 PM »

Mass deaths?

In that case, based & Orwell pilled. Although I do think that part of it also comes from plain old stupidity & the fact that most western generations post WW2 are p*****s, and not just a lust for control.

I recently went back to Bosnia for a few days. If you wear a mask anywhere outside a hospital, are fairly young and look healthy, people look at you like a clown lol.

We need more of that here.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10695 on: April 15, 2022, 02:57:36 PM »

Mass deaths?

Indeed, toxic masculinity to the point where you think wearing a piece of fabric/whatever makes you less of a man is a very Balkan trait. I would say Serb but tbh Bosnians and Croats are the exact same way.

Omega21

« Reply #10696 on: April 15, 2022, 03:05:00 PM »

Mass deaths?

Indeed, toxic masculinity to the point where you think wearing a piece of fabric/whatever makes you less of a man is a very Balkan trait. I would say Serb but tbh Bosnians and Croats are the exact same way.

Correct, all 3 are equally based, that is why I said I love all my peoples.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10697 on: April 15, 2022, 03:19:40 PM »

Alot of the 33 percent Approvals is personal Approvals not job performance towards Biden, they feel he is up to the job but voters are tiresome of inflation, gas prices and most of all COVID

This isn't racism, but alot of the immigrants are coming in with the same problem COVID, I went to an immigrant Health center and it's indefinitely COVID but I changed it to go to a non immigrant I get served, you tell me the difference
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10698 on: April 16, 2022, 07:59:10 PM »

People with jobs outside their homes understood quickly that covid hysteria was a bunch of nonsense.

Do not think I did not know the actual agenda behind this all!
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #10699 on: April 17, 2022, 08:58:28 AM »

Only 80 deaths in the U.S. yesterday, the lowest since March 21, 2020.
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 432 433 ... 456  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies