COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:09:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 534807 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« on: September 05, 2020, 04:35:52 PM »

Northeastern tosses 11 students without refund

Their horrible crime?

The students were caught at the Westin Hotel, which is being used as a temporary dormitory this semester, on Wednesday night without masks and not social distancing, according to university spokeswoman Renata Nyul.

Imagine using masks during social gatherings.

Just so completely immoral what these all powerful institutions are doing to Gen Z. More evidence of the absolute worst tragedy going on in our nation, "education"

The university was stupid to open to begin with, but let's not pretend like the students weren't being selfish idiots.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 02:12:08 PM »

This is bad news:

But according to Del Taco, this is just the flu!

The study is bunk because there wasn't a pre-diagnosis baseline to compare individuals against.  It's literally just a difference-in-means analysis, with absolutely zero inferential power.

Plus, ten years of cognitive aging would be a great thing for you!  Cheesy 

You're a bad person.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 02:48:53 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 07:17:58 PM »

Do yourself a favor and look at the replies: bunch of anti-masker psychos

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 10:25:49 AM »

Went to Target & the local supermarket. Today is the second day without California's mask mandates, capacity limits or social distancing. It honestly doesn't look any more different than the last month. I'd say 95% of the folks indoors were masked and the only ones not following social distancing were the 5% of unmasked folks.

It seems at the theme parks, there's a lot less mask-wearing & social distancing going on. But as far as day-to-day indoor shopping, same as it ever was.

It's like 80 not wearing/20 wearing masks in my experience, now.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2021, 05:39:19 PM »

Sir this is a Wendy's
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2021, 05:41:28 PM »

When bad things happen to bad people, it’s justified, karma, schadenfreude, etc.

When bad things happen to good people, it’s tragic, sad, and certainly unfunny.

This isn’t all that complicated.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 01:03:54 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 03:27:44 PM »

After they said "Masks don't work" and "COVID is not airborne" while attempting to manipulate public opinion to prevent panic or a run on available masks or whatever, maybe they should refrain from trying the "white lie" strategy again.

As I said before, although you ignored it, no scientist ever gave those quotes.

The WHO is not "a scientist," it is an organization, but it was spreading this incorrect information back in March 2020, with literally those exact words in its public communications:

You could find similar things from the CDC for example (likewise not "a scientist," but an organization).

In fact, if you read the fine print in the picture embedded in the twee, they actually called the truth that COVID is in fact airborne to be "misinformation" !!!

Wow it’s almost like we’ve learned new information since the first month of the virus
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2021, 02:55:31 PM »

This is discouraging.

The vaccines are a lifesaver, but they need to last longer to be practical.  Most people aren't going to get a covid shot twice a year.

Most people willing to get the shot for a return to normal would get booster doses. The people who will refuse are the ones refusing to get vaccinated in the first place.

Seriously, people are acting like having to get a booster shot is literally 1984. It's maybe 30 minutes out of your day, once or twice a year. You'll live.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2022, 01:09:38 PM »

We have had normalcy for several months!
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2022, 08:00:25 PM »

I've gone to concerts, bars, football games, and restaurants all without having to wear a mask in several months. And I live in one of the so-called "nanny states". What exactly more are you looking for?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2022, 12:16:51 PM »

After the first day of NYS' school mask mandate expriring, I was kind of surprised at how many kids still wore masks.

I'm more surprised at the high compliance in schools with a mandate. In my day, almost nobody would have complied.

How old are you and what part of Kentucky are you from? Curious what demographic is causing this discrepancy.

IME kids nowadays just aren't as rebellious.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2022, 11:29:41 AM »

Murphy says today will be the final covid briefing, calls it an endemic
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2022, 12:54:14 PM »

What is going on in WV, to the point that 43 out of 55 counties are still recommended to wear masks indoors, despite 90% of the US population no longer being recommended to mask?

My guess is high cases and low vaccination rates?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2022, 09:08:16 PM »

I honestly think there is some working between Fauci and other arrogant scientists that are pushing boosters every few months to weaken immune systems. Because they want covid to continue so they do not lose their power.

I see you ditched your mask for a tinfoil hat.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2022, 11:06:47 PM »

I still don't understand what you guys mean when you say this.

Control to do what? You're describing a means, not an end. What do you think "they" want to do?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2022, 08:53:14 AM »

Jimmie was that you?

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2022, 09:37:10 PM »

This country is in such an abject condition that being on the receiving end of deranged schizophrenic rants from street-dwelling drug addicts is widely accepted as an unavoidable fact of life. It doesn't have to be this way.

Do you think that this sort of thing is a recent development?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2022, 08:08:45 PM »

Another thing about CLOTH MASKS is that they have limited effectiveness when worn CORRECTLY. it is so much easier to wear CLOTH MASKS incorrectly and under your nose. Rendering them useless in real life effect.

Yes, n-95 and kn-95 can be worn incorrectly technically. But not to the extend that they are useless. Hard to wear those under your nose.

Now, expecting everyone to have and wear n95 masks all the time is just completely unrealistic. It is not happening. Best not to have mask mandates.

I think you probably spend more time thinking about covid than the people your critisizing.

I live in liberal New Jersey and when I go to the story, maybe 10% of people maximum are wearing masks. I haven't worn one myself all year (with the exception of doctor's offices). You're going out of your way to criticize a minority of a minority just to rile yourself up. It's not healthy bro.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2022, 10:08:14 PM »

Yes he is absolutely right. Pretty good timing for the elections as well! w00t!

But I bet the pandemic returns on Nov 9th to the Democrats.

I will bet you any amount of money that Joe Biden does not implement any covid-related restrictions after the midterm elections.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2022, 12:55:46 PM »

This is genuinely surprising 
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2022, 10:42:51 PM »

This might be outside the scope of this forum, but our leaders need to start seriously talking about prosecution and punishment for those responsible for the atrocities that have been committed over the past couple years. What has been done to children especially is downright criminal.

I'd go so far as to support a constitutional amendment barring those who participated from public office and curtailing states' congressional representation in proportion to atrocities they committed. At very minimum, there need to be sanctions on some states.

Never again.

What specific atrocities are you talking about?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2022, 12:43:22 AM »

This might be outside the scope of this forum, but our leaders need to start seriously talking about prosecution and punishment for those responsible for the atrocities that have been committed over the past couple years. What has been done to children especially is downright criminal.

I'd go so far as to support a constitutional amendment barring those who participated from public office and curtailing states' congressional representation in proportion to atrocities they committed. At very minimum, there need to be sanctions on some states.

Never again.

What specific atrocities are you talking about?

Ruining education was the worst.

What crime was committed?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2022, 12:45:10 AM »

What crime was committed?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies