SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:46:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 113
Author Topic: SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)  (Read 103392 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2300 on: July 13, 2022, 05:14:34 PM »

What do you expect the Attorney General to say after this hits the media? The question is whether the victim would have any recourse in Ohio if she weren’t in the media. I think we know the answer.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2301 on: July 13, 2022, 05:23:15 PM »

"Conservacord"'s cultish "eye-opening" made a total fool of OSR. Hopefully he comes to his senses and gets out of that vile snakepit before they warp his personality into something totally unrecognizable.

They still left out the fact that Ohio’s laws has exceptions for cases like this but as I said I have retraced my previous post

They did? I thought it was well established that this specific case would have been theoretically legal, but that providers are very either unequipped or scared to do it in this time of uncertainty.

There was a news story about someone having problems accessing a medication for rheumatism that can also be used to induce abortions in Virginia--where, of course, no trigger laws or anything similar are even in place to begin with. At a certain point that begins to look like stupidity (at least in the sense of overspecializing beyond having any working knowledge of fields besides medicine) on the part of the rheumatologist, but it does seem to be true and to be of a piece with the general atmosphere of extreme uncertainty about what is and isn't actually against the law now and where.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #2302 on: July 13, 2022, 06:18:05 PM »

The Ohio 10 year old's rapist is an immigrant:

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2303 on: July 13, 2022, 06:40:20 PM »

Why does it matter if he's an immigrant? He's a child rapist, that's what he should be punished for.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2304 on: July 13, 2022, 06:41:55 PM »

Why does it matter if he's an immigrant? He's a child rapist, that's what he should be punished for.
If he wasn't allowed in the country, then it would be one fewer rape. Terrible what permissible immigration policies allow to happen to American children.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2305 on: July 13, 2022, 06:44:19 PM »

"Conservacord"'s cultish "eye-opening" made a total fool of OSR. Hopefully he comes to his senses and gets out of that vile snakepit before they warp his personality into something totally unrecognizable.

They still left out the fact that Ohio’s laws has exceptions for cases like this but as I said I have retraced my previous post

They did? I thought it was well established that this specific case would have been theoretically legal, but that providers are very either unequipped or scared to do it in this time of uncertainty.

There was a news story about someone having problems accessing a medication for rheumatism that can also be used to induce abortions in Virginia--where, of course, no trigger laws or anything similar are even in place to begin with. At a certain point that begins to look like stupidity (at least in the sense of overspecializing beyond having any working knowledge of fields besides medicine) on the part of the rheumatologist, but it does seem to be true and to be of a piece with the general atmosphere of extreme uncertainty about what is and isn't actually against the law now and where.

I get it though. Sometime in the next year, there's going to be a real high-profile case where a doctor deems an abortion to be "medically necessary" and performs it, only for a prosecutor and jury to disagree and send that doctor to a very long jail sentence. No one wants to have any chance of being that unfortunate doctor.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2306 on: July 13, 2022, 06:45:38 PM »

If he wasn't allowed in the country, then it would be one fewer rape. Terrible what permissible immigration policies allow to happen to American children.

Well, the girl would have had to give birth to this guy's baby if she stayed in Ohio. I'm sure that bothers you, right?

Maybe Democrats can spin this into getting hardcore anti-choice states to relent now.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2307 on: July 13, 2022, 06:47:41 PM »

We could chemically castrate every male in the country and bring sex crimes to near 0. Is it terrible what the failure to do so allows to happen to American of all ages and genders?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2308 on: July 13, 2022, 07:02:23 PM »

Native-born Americans are more likely to commit rape (and other violent crimes) than immigrants, legal or otherwise, are.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2309 on: July 13, 2022, 07:33:35 PM »

Well, the girl would have had to give birth to this guy's baby if she stayed in Ohio. I'm sure that bothers you, right?

Maybe Democrats can spin this into getting hardcore anti-choice states to relent now.
I'm pro-choice, so of course it does.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2310 on: July 14, 2022, 09:18:53 AM »

Like.....?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2311 on: July 14, 2022, 09:20:25 AM »

Don't forget to renew your storm front subscription.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2312 on: July 14, 2022, 09:25:50 AM »

I would be the only person on that site who is pro BLM and pro amnesty, but you do you king.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2313 on: July 14, 2022, 09:29:18 AM »

I would be the only person on that site who is pro BLM and pro amnesty, but you do you king.

Sadly, you are far from the only poster on this site who is a racist Treason enabler.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2314 on: July 14, 2022, 09:32:23 AM »

Sadly, you are far from the only poster on this site who is a racist Treason enabler.
“Foreigner” isn’t a race. Why should we let white Ukrainians into the country when black Americans are starving?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2315 on: July 14, 2022, 09:41:43 AM »

What do you expect the Attorney General to say after this hits the media? The question is whether the victim would have any recourse in Ohio if she weren’t in the media. I think we know the answer.

B t w, now the doctored Indiana is be prosecuted as well. Which of course demonstrates exactly why no doctor in Ohio would have risk this abortion.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #2316 on: July 14, 2022, 09:43:52 AM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2317 on: July 14, 2022, 09:53:07 AM »

Why should we let white Ukrainians into the country when black Americans are starving?

Because we don't have to make a binary choice between solving those two problems.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2318 on: July 14, 2022, 09:54:11 AM »

Because we don't have to make a binary choice between solving those two problems.
If your problem at home isn't solved, you don't invite more problems into your home.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2319 on: July 14, 2022, 10:14:40 AM »

If your problem at home isn't solved, you don't invite more problems into your home.

See, you see new immigrants arriving in America as "more problems" when most of us view them as a good thing.

Currently, thanks to Joe Biden, we have a tremendous surplus of jobs, which is resulting in higher wages, more unionization, and better work environments.  Fox News keeps telling me this is a really bad thing, and it's a "worker shortage."  I'm assuming Fox doesn't want there to be fewer jobs, right?  So the solution to a worker shortage is to have more workers?

Your hero Elon Musk keeps rambling on about how we're not giving birth to enough children and we're going to experience population decline.  If you agree with him, and are afraid of the United States not having enough people, then wouldn't adding more people be a good thing?

Of course, if you're a white supremacist who sees the presence of any new non-white person in America as a bad thing because they're "replacing" white people, and you agree with your hero Donald Trump that "they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists", then all bets are off.  I wonder when your ancestors immigrated to America and how they were received back then?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2320 on: July 14, 2022, 10:17:50 AM »

The "your ancestors were immigrants" line really isn't a great argument after a generation or two. At one point in history, the French were immigrants in France. Everyone has always moved around the world and the citizenship status of their great great grandparents really shouldn't play a role in how one views immigration in their country now, at this moment. It's a tired, cliched gotcha.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2321 on: July 14, 2022, 10:24:24 AM »

See, you see new immigrants arriving in America as "more problems" when most of us view them as a good thing.

Currently, thanks to Joe Biden, we have a tremendous surplus of jobs, which is resulting in higher wages, more unionization, and better work environments.  Fox News keeps telling me this is a really bad thing, and it's a "worker shortage."  I'm assuming Fox doesn't want there to be fewer jobs, right?  So the solution to a worker shortage is to have more workers?

Your hero Elon Musk keeps rambling on about how we're not giving birth to enough children and we're going to experience population decline.  If you agree with him, and are afraid of the United States not having enough people, then wouldn't adding more people be a good thing?

Of course, if you're a white supremacist who sees the presence of any new non-white person in America as a bad thing because they're "replacing" white people, and you agree with your hero Donald Trump that "they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists", then all bets are off.  I wonder when your ancestors immigrated to America and how they were received back then?
(1) I don't watch Fox News (outside of Tucker). They are "invade the world, invite the world" classist scum. They would like nothing more than more foreigners
(2) I am not a fan of Elon Musk, and disagree with him here. I want to depopulate the US, to ~250 million Americans. The best way to do this is close the borders and enjoy the lowered TFR.
(3) I don't want more white Ukrainians here, taking resources from American blacks. How is that racist?
(4) Regarding my family, I posted earlier in the thread:

Mom's dad's family: came over in the early 1800s. Germans by way of Pennsylvania.
Mom's mom's family: came over in colonial days. English and Irish.
Dad's mom's family: came over 1870s via NY. Italians from Milan area.
Dad's dad's family: came over 1880's via NY. Italians from Calabria.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2322 on: July 14, 2022, 10:24:51 AM »

The "your ancestors were immigrants" line really isn't a great argument after a generation or two. At one point in history, the French were immigrants in France. Everyone has always moved around the world and the citizenship status of their great great grandparents really shouldn't play a role in how one views immigration in their country now, at this moment. It's a tired, cliched gotcha.
These people would replace the American black man with some eastern European white supremacist if they had their way. Same people who throw American gays under the bus for people who hate them.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2323 on: July 14, 2022, 10:30:36 AM »

These people would replace the American black man with some eastern European white supremacist if they had their way. Same people who throw American gays under the bus for people who hate them.

Your attempt to frame anti-immigration views as the true socially progressive answer would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. Nobody is buying it.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2324 on: July 14, 2022, 10:46:05 AM »

Your attempt to frame anti-immigration views as the true socially progressive answer would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic. Nobody is buying it.
Answer this directly - how do American blacks and gays directly benefit from importing more foreigners?
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 113  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies