SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:35:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 113
Author Topic: SCOTUS overturns Roe megathread (pg 53 - confirmed)  (Read 103387 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2350 on: July 16, 2022, 04:00:39 PM »

This madness is coming to every state if we don't vote Democratic in November 2022 and November 2024.

If you disagree with me and think it's good and proper to have a national "no exceptions" ban on abortion, fair enough, but I don't want to hear a word of complaint in 2025 from people who failed to vote for pro-choice/Democratic candidates, regardless of their reason.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2351 on: July 16, 2022, 06:20:27 PM »

The abortion occurred in 2018.  The suit was filed in 2020 and is still ongoing.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2352 on: July 16, 2022, 06:21:07 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2353 on: July 17, 2022, 09:18:56 AM »

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2354 on: July 17, 2022, 09:44:16 AM »

These doctors are terrified that a prosecutor and jury who just don't understand medicine very well will send them to long-term jail. We're in for a rough decade or more.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #2355 on: July 17, 2022, 01:49:35 PM »

remember blue avatars -- you're getting everything you voted for, and more. scores and scores of expectant mothers bleeding out.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2356 on: July 17, 2022, 01:57:24 PM »

It would be nothing short of karma this happened to the child of every so-called pro-life Republican. Let them suffer the same way this woman did because of their choices they inflicted on her, may they be inflicted on themselves in kind.

Go ahead and turn this about oh Badger you're such a vicious person. If you support any abortion laws that require any results in this, the fundamental failing is a human being is yours and yours alone.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2357 on: July 17, 2022, 03:00:42 PM »

It would be nothing short of karma this happened to the child of every so-called pro-life Republican. Let them suffer the same way this woman did because of their choices they inflicted on her, may they be inflicted on themselves in kind.

Go ahead and turn this about oh Badger you're such a vicious person. If you support any abortion laws that require any results in this, the fundamental failing is a human being is yours and yours alone.

YOU CANNOT HAVE CHILDREN IN THE 13 RIGHT-TO-LIFE STATES.
_.
Abdullah
United States
P P P
« Reply #2358 on: July 18, 2022, 05:36:14 AM »

Holy crap why is this still pinned lol, where's our inflation megathread?

This only matters to the hyperpartisans on this forum
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2359 on: July 18, 2022, 06:34:33 AM »

Conservative think that's it's gonna be an R sweep but no question Dobbs have had a detriment to R brand as well as Insurrectionists, but the Ukraine is hurting D's as well no one thought this war would take this long, all three will be factors in the 22 Elections
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2360 on: July 18, 2022, 07:41:32 AM »

Bzzzzt.  Wrong.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2361 on: July 18, 2022, 08:01:07 AM »

Bzzzzt.  Wrong.

People are dying, bro.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2362 on: July 18, 2022, 08:17:05 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2022, 08:21:36 AM by tack50 »

These doctors are terrified that a prosecutor and jury who just don't understand medicine very well will send them to long-term jail. We're in for a rough decade or more.

To me this seems that either more clear laws, better lawyers or most likely both are needed. Tbh I am extremely surprised at stories like that foa a variety of reasons; most notably that even when abortion was illegal here, any doctor that was even remotely reasonable would have given a woman in such a situation an abortion.

Now that I think about it, you know all those left wing states trying to position themselves as "abortion havens" or whatever? If they actually wanted to help, they should probably make it so any doctor that ends up in a trial in a state where abortion is illegal, gets a medical license on their state and help with relocation.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2363 on: July 18, 2022, 08:47:49 AM »

To me this seems that either more clear laws, better lawyers or most likely both are needed. Tbh I am extremely surprised at stories like that foa a variety of reasons; most notably that even when abortion was illegal here, any doctor that was even remotely reasonable would have given a woman in such a situation an abortion.

Now that I think about it, you know all those left wing states trying to position themselves as "abortion havens" or whatever? If they actually wanted to help, they should probably make it so any doctor that ends up in a trial in a state where abortion is illegal, gets a medical license on their state and help with relocation.

That would probably not be much consolation to the doctor if they were found guilty and imprisoned in the first state.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #2364 on: July 18, 2022, 08:50:32 AM »

This is what you post right after an article comes out about a woman who nearly died because an abortion ban forced doctors to intervene only at the last minute? Not a good look!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2365 on: July 18, 2022, 09:55:36 AM »

Once the doctor is on trial, it's too late. They would be well advised to leave the state immediately upon performing the life-saving abortion and hope to make it to a blue state on time.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #2366 on: July 18, 2022, 09:59:12 AM »

Yes, clearly only hyperpartisans care about one of the landmark Supreme Court decisions in American history.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2367 on: July 18, 2022, 11:08:52 AM »

Yes, clearly only hyperpartisans care about one of the landmark Supreme Court decisions in American history.
I would say it’s #4 or 5 after Dredd Scott, Plessy, Marbury, and Brown
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2368 on: July 18, 2022, 11:11:24 AM »

That is what I’m saying! They should also be willing to help patients move, too. I understand that there are practical and social limitations but still many would benefit.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2369 on: July 18, 2022, 12:57:13 PM »

I get that for whatever reason you like to think of yourself as the most "in-touch" person on Atlas, but this is a major blind spot for you. Pro-life or pro-choice, normal people do care about abortion.

This is the biggest Supreme Court decision of the last few decades. It's not a two-week news cycle, bro.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #2370 on: July 18, 2022, 03:02:24 PM »

People heard "it's the economy, stupid" once and immediately declared themselves political savants who think they know better than everyone else because economic issues are the only issues that could possibly matter and "social issues" (read: any issue that predominantly affects anyone other than straight white dudes) are a meaningless distraction.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2371 on: July 18, 2022, 03:38:31 PM »

Speaking of the fallout of the overturn of Roe, I've been reading horror stories about what some women are going through because of this decision. I wrote before that it's obvious that the people who are behind this backwards slide in time haven't really thought this thing through (or they just don't care.)

I am very saddened to see real live women and girls having to go through real life-threatening burdens because of this decision. And it appears that the group backing the decision are just getting started. It's disheartening to see the authoritarian hammer coming down not only on abortion rights but it's actually coming true that other rights are starting to be threatened as well.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #2372 on: July 18, 2022, 04:32:52 PM »

Don't tell me it's not a war on Women when you propose crap like this.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2373 on: July 18, 2022, 04:49:07 PM »

Don't tell me it's not a war on Women when you propose crap like this.

This sounds like shariah law. Imagine being racist against Republicans the same way that they are racist to Middle Eastern people.
Vincent
azpol76
United States

« Reply #2374 on: July 18, 2022, 05:12:53 PM »

The right has been arguing that "health of mother" exceptions are simply not necessary and are just a loop hole for elective abortions. McCain infamously placed "health of mother" in air quotes during an '08 debate with Obama.

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 113  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies