PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:18:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 290086 times)
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3900 on: September 14, 2022, 02:32:38 PM »

Oooo a Halloween trick!

I'm all about it. 
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3901 on: September 15, 2022, 02:45:33 PM »

How much should we bet Fetty calls this one off at the last moment?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3902 on: September 15, 2022, 03:18:28 PM »

I encourage you to lay money on that possibility.
kwabbit

« Reply #3903 on: September 16, 2022, 02:52:51 PM »

I wouldn’t debate if I was in Fetterman’s position. While not debating might send a bad message, if lingering stroke complications cause a bad debate performance that could cost him the race.

He’s still clearly hesitant about his ability to debate, that’s why there’s only one debate and why it’s so late in the campaign. But he doesn’t want Oz to be able to bang on about him skipping all the debates for the next two months, so this negates that. Even if Fetterman skips it he was still able to benefit from that factor.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3904 on: September 16, 2022, 07:19:59 PM »

I wouldn’t debate if I was in Fetterman’s position. While not debating might send a bad message, if lingering stroke complications cause a bad debate performance that could cost him the race.

He’s still clearly hesitant about his ability to debate, that’s why there’s only one debate and why it’s so late in the campaign. But he doesn’t want Oz to be able to bang on about him skipping all the debates for the next two months, so this negates that. Even if Fetterman skips it he was still able to benefit from that factor.

Or - just think about it - Fetterman is winning and doesn't need to do more than one debate. Why would you? There's no need for more than 1 debate in a senate race. Past senate races in PA only did 2 at most.
philly09

« Reply #3905 on: September 17, 2022, 01:10:14 AM »

Could be a fundraising ploy, but I have seen more Oz ads lately.

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3906 on: September 17, 2022, 01:29:39 AM »

From what wbrocks is saying, the outspending does sound like an issue.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #3907 on: September 17, 2022, 02:07:23 AM »

A private email to donors does sound like a fundraising ploy, yes.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3908 on: September 17, 2022, 05:55:06 AM »

That's a major red flag.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #3909 on: September 17, 2022, 06:03:22 AM »

Same, yo.  It's probably about four-to-one right now. 
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #3910 on: September 17, 2022, 04:22:04 PM »

Fetterman's campaign re-aired the ad refuting Oz's public safety attacks during the 1st-quarter break of the PSU-Auburn game right after State forced an interception. It's encouraging he understands both the way to tailor his credentials towards law-and-order voters and reach the largest audience of them. Furthermore, buying a 30-second ad on CBS's broadcast of the most significant non-conference game State's play this season illustrates Dems recognize the issue's importance. Good stuff.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3911 on: September 18, 2022, 12:45:25 PM »

I'm glad the spending is getting some attention, but again, it makes me wonder what the hell national Dems are doing.

Fetterman has more campaign money than Oz, and as far as I can tell, Senate Majority PAC/DSCC were spending $32-35M on this race in the fall, akin to Oz/GOP's $34M. So if anything, Fetterman should still be getting the better deal in the end bc he should have more campaign money then to spend on ads.

They mention that the first week of October, Dems/Fett are spending more than Oz, versus $17M to $24M disparity for September, so maybe Dems are saving some for October? Either way, with all the money Dems have in this race, it's indefensible that Oz is outrunning Fett in ads right now.

However, I will say it seems despite the last few weeks that Dem ads are ramping up. The other day I was at a restaurant that had 6ABC on it, and Fett's ads ran twice and Oz's only once. I have been in that same restaurant before around the same time and have seen as much as 3 Oz ads and 0 Fetterman ones, so it's possible they have finally ramped up the spending.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3912 on: September 18, 2022, 12:49:42 PM »

I'm glad the spending is getting some attention, but again, it makes me wonder what the hell national Dems are doing.

Fetterman has more campaign money than Oz, and as far as I can tell, Senate Majority PAC/DSCC were spending $32-35M on this race in the fall, akin to Oz/GOP's $34M. So if anything, Fetterman should still be getting the better deal in the end bc he should have more campaign money then to spend on ads.

They mention that the first week of October, Dems/Fett are spending more than Oz, versus $17M to $24M disparity for September, so maybe Dems are saving some for October? Either way, with all the money Dems have in this race, it's indefensible that Oz is outrunning Fett in ads right now.

However, I will say it seems despite the last few weeks that Dem ads are ramping up. The other day I was at a restaurant that had 6ABC on it, and Fett's ads ran twice and Oz's only once. I have been in that same restaurant before around the same time and have seen as much as 3 Oz ads and 0 Fetterman ones, so it's possible they have finally ramped up the spending.

In terms of what national Democrats are doing, I think it may have something to do with Fetterman not being the type of candidate they would have preferred (they might have been spending more on this race if the nominee were someone like Arkoosh or Lamb or someone similar to them).
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3913 on: September 18, 2022, 12:50:52 PM »

In terms of what national Democrats are doing, I think it may have something to do with Fetterman not being the type of candidate they would have preferred (they might have been spending more on this race if the nominee were someone like Arkoosh or Lamb or someone similar to them).

No I don't think that's it - this is one of the top races in terms of spending. They're all in - we've seen articles about how much they're spending - it's a lot. The confusion lies on where that money is going for me, because given how much I've seen (the $32-35M figure), there should be way more ads running than I've seen.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3914 on: September 18, 2022, 02:02:08 PM »

I kid you not, Oz is literally still going on Fox News every. single. night.

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3915 on: September 18, 2022, 06:37:58 PM »

Oz is still on this? Him and other Republicans have a real problem with people who served their time being re-assimilated into society, but are perfectly fine with the floated idea of Trump pardoning domestic terrorists from the insurrection. F*** off with this!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3916 on: September 18, 2022, 06:49:24 PM »

Oz is still on this? Him and other Republicans have a real problem with people who served their time being re-assimilated into society, but are perfectly fine with the floated idea of Trump pardoning domestic terrorists from the insurrection. F*** off with this!

It's not just this. The men who Oz has been condemning had their sentences commuted, if I am not mistaken, by the State Parole Board, and have always asserted their innocence for the crimes they were convicted of.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3917 on: September 19, 2022, 08:17:50 AM »

It's not just this. The men who Oz has been condemning had their sentences commuted, if I am not mistaken, by the State Parole Board, and have always asserted their innocence for the crimes they were convicted of.

This is correct. Oz and the GOP are doing the worst bad faith attack on these two men. It would be one thing if they actually committed these crimes, but they were innocent, and the entire parole board commuted their sentence.

Oz has nothing else so he just thinks that this will further help his "Fetterman soft on crime" angle
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3918 on: September 19, 2022, 12:07:57 PM »

This is reference to Oz's stop in Philly today, in which he tried to pass off a campaign worker (Sheila Armstrong) as an average member of the community.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3919 on: September 19, 2022, 05:52:57 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3920 on: September 19, 2022, 05:56:06 PM »

This is correct. Oz and the GOP are doing the worst bad faith attack on these two men. It would be one thing if they actually committed these crimes, but they were innocent, and the entire parole board commuted their sentence.

Oz has nothing else so he just thinks that this will further help his "Fetterman soft on crime" angle

You're right. It's even worse than what I said.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3921 on: September 19, 2022, 05:57:36 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3922 on: September 19, 2022, 07:08:44 PM »

Yeah man just pick that up with your bare hand.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3923 on: September 19, 2022, 09:19:00 PM »

Meme all you want Oz well could win this.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3924 on: September 19, 2022, 10:02:53 PM »

And there's the proof from the Inquirer.

Scum of the f**king earth.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies