PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 09:12:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 294087 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3875 on: September 12, 2022, 07:50:37 PM »

So yes they have moderated on LGBT Issues and to say otherwise is completely preposterous

I'll believe it when I count the R votes on the bill codifying Obergefell and Windsor into law. Otherwise, they've only moderated by choosing to be silent on issues where their supporters are out of step with the mainstream.

47 vs 0 10 years ago
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3876 on: September 12, 2022, 08:14:22 PM »

Tossup -> Safe D

This is what I think is unfortunate about the GOP.

On the Dem side, a lot of the progressive base at least understands that even if you disagree on your Dem candidate on even major issues, voting for them is still the best option. Yet on the GOP side a candidate support SSM (a relatively minor issue for non-LGBTQ folks), they're instantly blasted. I think it goes to show a lot of homophobia still exists within the party even if they're slowly evolving on the issue overall.

I feel like if Oz were smart, he could actually view the issue through a pretty scientific lens, like not culturally endorsing it but explain why evolutionarily homosexual couples have a role in society.
But teh GOP has moderated on social issues .

Yes it's an undeniable fact

They have not moderated.

The GOP has moderated quite a bit on the rights of LGB people. That is a fact.

They have not moderated, and in the eyes of many have deteriorated, when it comes to the rights of trans people.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #3877 on: September 12, 2022, 09:20:08 PM »

So yes they have moderated on LGBT Issues and to say otherwise is completely preposterous

I'll believe it when I count the R votes on the bill codifying Obergefell and Windsor into law. Otherwise, they've only moderated by choosing to be silent on issues where their supporters are out of step with the mainstream.

47 vs 0 10 years ago

Sorry, you’re correct, I was thinking of the Senate where the bill lives or dies. The 47 Republican votes are something but they didn’t have the power to defeat it like Senate Republicans do.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3878 on: September 12, 2022, 09:36:55 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2022, 09:50:38 PM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Wall »

This entire op-ed from the Washington Post is completely gross. I'm convinced the press is now upset this didn't/hasn't yet turned into a 50/50 race so they need to make it become one.

They even act as if this debate schedule was pre-approved and then Fetterman backed out - OZ is the one who produced all these debates! So now Fetterman is in the wrong for simply not doing whatever Oz asks?

Then the best is at the end they try and act like this is all on the same level and simply "asking" questions about Fetterman's health is the same as Oz mocking him.

Where is the op-ed for Herschel Walker or Doug Mastriano then?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/09/12/john-fetterman-pennsylvania-debate-health/

Well, them debating gives the media something to talk about.

But at the end of the day, Doug Mastriano and Herschel Walker won't make Jeff Bezos pay his taxes, so they have to fabricate this crap. This is why nobody trusts the corporate media.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3879 on: September 12, 2022, 09:54:52 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2022, 09:59:38 PM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Wall »

I can't say this type of fabrication is shocking, coming from the rag that consistently defended a self-admitted domestic abuser to cash in on #MeToo.
kia boyz '24
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #3880 on: September 13, 2022, 11:14:24 AM »

Its encouraging to see Fetterman check in with Montco’s Wissahickon-hiking Always Sunny suburbs episode-inspirers to turnout the base however I gotta say it’s a bit tone-deaf holding a rally while THE BUHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRDZ were on. He’s missing a massive swath of potential voters by going opposite the Eagles just as Biden did 2 years ago when he gave a fall Sunday speech during the campaign homestretch.

In contrast Oz ran the same ad which reiterated the Greatest Hits (inflation, immigration, crime) several times during the Eagles game. Only time will tell which one moves the needle more among the Phaithful.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3881 on: September 13, 2022, 02:46:39 PM »

Its encouraging to see Fetterman check in with Montco’s Wissahickon-hiking Always Sunny suburbs episode-inspirers to turnout the base however I gotta say it’s a bit tone-deaf holding a rally while THE BUHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRDZ were on. He’s missing a massive swath of potential voters by going opposite the Eagles just as Biden did 2 years ago when he gave a fall Sunday speech during the campaign homestretch.

In contrast Oz ran the same ad which reiterated the Greatest Hits (inflation, immigration, crime) several times during the Eagles game. Only time will tell which one moves the needle more among the Phaithful.

What were the ads looking like overall during the game?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3882 on: September 13, 2022, 02:51:22 PM »

And Oz back on defense. Thanks Lindsey Graham!

kia boyz '24
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3883 on: September 13, 2022, 03:42:14 PM »

Tbh I dont really remember the details bc I was checking my fantasy team/had the Patriots game on my laptop but IIRC was pretty basic stuff, just highlighting what Oz’s charity did for poor black kids then pivoted to Fetterman in scary negative contrast lighting as a radical boogeyman who supports the aforementioned greatest hits.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3884 on: September 13, 2022, 04:43:06 PM »

Tbh I dont really remember the details bc I was checking my fantasy team/had the Patriots game on my laptop but IIRC was pretty basic stuff, just highlighting what Oz’s charity did for poor black kids then pivoted to Fetterman in scary negative contrast lighting as a radical boogeyman who supports the aforementioned greatest hits.

Was there a balance between Fetterman and Oz ads or was there more of either?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3885 on: September 13, 2022, 04:51:18 PM »

Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3886 on: September 13, 2022, 05:03:13 PM »

Big name conservative commentator says let John Fetterman win to own the libs
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #3887 on: September 13, 2022, 05:30:54 PM »

This (and Ryan's criticism of Vance's rally running parallel to the Ohio State-Toledo game) falsely suggests the purpose of rallies is to get people to physically show up to them; it's actually to get clips of the candidate for the evening news and social media. The only people who show up to rallies for Senate candidates (especially ones without Donald Trump at them) are psychopathically political.
kia boyz '24
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3888 on: September 13, 2022, 05:43:42 PM »

Was there a balance between Fetterman and Oz ads or was there more of either?

There were a couple for Oz, don't remember seeing any for Fetterman.

This (and Ryan's criticism of Vance's rally running parallel to the Ohio State-Toledo game) falsely suggests the purpose of rallies is to get people to physically show up to them; it's actually to get clips of the candidate for the evening news and social media. The only people who show up to rallies for Senate candidates (especially ones without Donald Trump at them) are psychopathically political.

Fair point, however 1) Who in the phuck was watching the evening news during the first NFL Sunday of the 2022 season and 2) You're underscoring the reason I have anxiety ab the midterms is because Rs have The World's Largest Political College Football TailgateTM on their side and Ds don't.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3889 on: September 13, 2022, 06:50:26 PM »

Mess.

kia boyz '24
slimey56

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3890 on: September 13, 2022, 06:53:11 PM »

UPDATE: Fetterman just ran a response ad to Oz's crime attacks during the 4th inning of tonight's Phightins-Marlins game showing off his tattoos which memorialize the murder victims during his mayoral tenure and claimed Oz "wouldn't last 15 seconds in Braddock."
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3891 on: September 13, 2022, 07:03:10 PM »

This MeidasTouch vid is the best takedown of Oz I’ve seen, unfortunately haven’t seen Fetterman really go into most of it besides his houses and carpetbagging. Oz being caught using illegal immigrants for labor should be something to drive away some Trumpie voters. Pushing fake medicines/cures should drive away most people, if the puppy stuff is true then you have a home run right there. The Jersey Oz and crudite attacks are starting to get really stale especially when the GOP is hammering away on policy.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3892 on: September 13, 2022, 08:48:02 PM »

Yep, sounds soooo confused, right Wapo? :rollseyes:

They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3893 on: September 13, 2022, 09:37:22 PM »

Okay, wow. He sounds much better than when I saw him on Sunday. Maybe I was just overreacting. He’s got great presence in this video.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3894 on: September 13, 2022, 09:44:21 PM »

Okay, wow. He sounds much better than when I saw him on Sunday. Maybe I was just overreacting. He’s got great presence in this video.

It could have to do with how long he’s been speaking and at what volume. Here, he’s in a container room and could’ve just started speaking a few minutes ago.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3895 on: September 14, 2022, 08:00:48 AM »

The way he's speaking there is similar to how he spoke in the PSA podcast. I'm no stroke recovery expert, but I'd imagine it's a lot easier to just speak to people in a friendly conversation style versus a giant campaign stop that's loud and more 'scripted'
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #3896 on: September 14, 2022, 09:25:53 AM »

The way he's speaking there is similar to how he spoke in the PSA podcast. I'm no stroke recovery expert, but I'd imagine it's a lot easier to just speak to people in a friendly conversation style versus a giant campaign stop that's loud and more 'scripted'

I'm also sure that like other health issues, one can have good days and bad days. And long days and stressful days are more likely to end up being bad by the end of the day...
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3897 on: September 14, 2022, 09:57:37 AM »

Personally, I think doing direct to camera ads with Fetterman just kind of speaking off the cuff like he does in that video would the perfect rebuttal to the GOP "he's not fit to serve" nonsense.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3898 on: September 14, 2022, 12:09:06 PM »

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3899 on: September 14, 2022, 01:35:55 PM »

Quite close to the election. A particularly lopsided debate could really tip the scales.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies