PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 12:25:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 291545 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3000 on: July 20, 2022, 10:36:31 AM »

I'm obviously not interested in using this thread to debunk the increasingly vague and hand-wavy mythmaking about "rigged 2016 primary" for the 25,000th time.  But I am tired of being told to "cope" or "cry harder lib" or "suck it, corporate whore" or whatever just because I'm genuinely concerned about Fetterman's health.

Frankly I'm tired of the implication that I don't support Fetterman.  I am probably going to end up donating $1000 to Fetterman this year along with Hassan, Warnock, CCM and Kelly.  I am enthusiastically supporting his campaign, following it closely, and really hope that he wins.  And although I would prefer Lamb in the Senate, I was perfectly fine with Fetterman winning the primary, because he is clearly the stronger candidate and more likely to win the seat, which is all that matters.  This is a stance that is consistent with my well-known principles, and I'm insulted by the implication otherwise.

So stop with this crap, sawx.  We're both on the same team here.  It's not unreasonable for me to be concerned about a guy who is in very poor health, had a stroke ten weeks ago, and hasn't put in a single significant public appearance since or provided any tangible updates regarding his recovery.  This is something that is already having a real impact on the race and will become much more significant if he's still in the hospital in September.  I'm not hoping for that to happen, obviously, but it is something that is worth talking about.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #3001 on: July 20, 2022, 11:41:55 AM »

This race has become one where they are trying to out meme each other. Sad!
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #3002 on: July 20, 2022, 11:49:55 AM »

Unironically Oz's Twitter has become so cringe that it's probably hurting him on the margins. Was this Fetterman's goal all along? To bait him into hiring some burnout from r/dankmemes to run his socials?
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #3003 on: July 20, 2022, 12:23:02 PM »

I am probably going to end up donating $1000 to Fetterman this year along with Hassan, Warnock, CCM and Kelly.

I just want you to know that this is one of the most genuinely insane things I've ever read on this forum.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3004 on: July 20, 2022, 01:31:49 PM »

This race has become one where they are trying to out meme each other. Sad!

This makes it seem like they're both on the same level with it and.... they're not.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3005 on: July 20, 2022, 01:32:20 PM »

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3006 on: July 20, 2022, 01:33:27 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2022, 07:09:11 PM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Wall »

I'm obviously not interested in using this thread to debunk the increasingly vague and hand-wavy mythmaking about "rigged 2016 primary" for the 25,000th time.  But I am tired of being told to "cope" or "cry harder lib" or "suck it, corporate whore" or whatever just because I'm genuinely concerned about Fetterman's health.

Frankly I'm tired of the implication that I don't support Fetterman. I am probably going to end up donating $1000 to Fetterman this year along with Hassan, Warnock, CCM and Kelly.  I am enthusiastically supporting his campaign, following it closely, and really hope that he wins. And although I would prefer Lamb in the Senate, I was perfectly fine with Fetterman winning the primary, because he is clearly the stronger candidate and more likely to win the seat, which is all that matters.  This is a stance that is consistent with my well-known principles, and I'm insulted by the implication otherwise.

Once again, you did a far better job of making the implication than I did. You said yourself, "If he's not going to be capable of campaigning then he needs to surrender the nomination and let the state party put Lamb on the ballot."

This is not a paraphrase. This is not me editing out context. These are your exact words. I don't doubt you'd vote for and donate to Fetterman, but it's easy to doubt you're fully behind him when the only things you have posted in here have been copium binges about Fetterman's stroke.

So stop with this crap, sawx.  We're both on the same team here.  It's not unreasonable for me to be concerned about a guy who is in very poor health, had a stroke ten weeks ago, and hasn't put in a single significant public appearance since or provided any tangible updates regarding his recovery.  This is something that is already having a real impact on the race and will become much more significant if he's still in the hospital in September.  I'm not hoping for that to happen, obviously, but it is something that is worth talking about.

The fact of the matter is that the doctors said he could be off the trail until July and Fetterman is scheduled to return to in-person campaigning tomorrow at a fundraiser. The campaign is still in its early stages as well. I have no problem with Fetterman playing it safe and tweeting while Gisele stays Weekend at Bernie's-ing the campaign or whatever so he's healthy for the campaign season. You come off as less of "Democrat expresses concern about Fetterman's health/campaign" and more of "Here's how Lamb can still be Senator".

Health discourse has been historically used to concern troll and attack someone they don't like. It was cringe when Bernie supporters did it to Hillary, it was cringe when everyone did it to Bernie, and it's cringe now.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3007 on: July 20, 2022, 02:25:39 PM »

*cringe*
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3008 on: July 20, 2022, 02:27:11 PM »

Oh my god I think I can do a better Photoshop than Oz's campaign.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3009 on: July 20, 2022, 02:32:28 PM »

Fettermans reply.  Tears of joy
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #3010 on: July 20, 2022, 03:02:45 PM »

Definitely shocked at how unimpressive and weak candidate John Fetterman really is. Posters here are again falling for classic Twitter hype as they did for Gideon..

At the end of the day Trump territory is going to hold still for Oz and Mastriano, with a few counties swinging here and there, then Philly and it's suburbs swings towards Oz, carrying him across the finish line..

After election day there will numerous inquieries on how Fetterman sat on his ass, being a twitter lord, etc.. by the same posters who kept screaming and pushing how glorious he was.
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #3011 on: July 20, 2022, 03:03:45 PM »

Fetterman is running a very online campaign (which is part strategy and part necessity due to him clearly being unable to get out as much as he would like) but I'm getting flashbacks to GA-SEN 2020 and Ossoff's TikTok account which ended up turning out a lot of young voters for the runoffs that otherwise wouldn't have voted... its kinda cringey but the fact that Oz routinely gets 2x the number of comments/QRTs than likes while Fetterman gets 100k on every lazy meme QRT says something about youth investment into this race... Very exciting race with a lot of potential to buck the wave, but I still think Oz wins by like 2 points thanks to low urban/Dem turnout... Who knows? Still cool!
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #3012 on: July 20, 2022, 03:05:34 PM »

Hey, have we seen any recent polls from this race?
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3013 on: July 20, 2022, 03:11:45 PM »

Decided to look at some of his top comments, and to the surprise of absolutely no one, 9/10 of who I could find was from out of state ( Most coming from CA Smiley of course )
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #3014 on: July 20, 2022, 03:34:52 PM »

Decided to look at some of his top comments, and to the surprise of absolutely no one, 9/10 of who I could find was from out of state ( Most coming from CA Smiley of course )

Lol my dude his opponent doesn't even live in Pennsylvania
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3015 on: July 20, 2022, 03:38:51 PM »

Lol my dude his opponent doesn't even live in Pennsylvania
Awesome. What matters is who votes.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3016 on: July 20, 2022, 03:40:49 PM »

Hey, have we seen any recent polls from this race?

538's polls page for the race says no; the last one shown is a Cygnal poll with survey dates June 17-19.  Fetterman led 48-44.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/senate/2022/pennsylvania/
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #3017 on: July 20, 2022, 03:53:15 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2022, 04:02:35 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

Definitely shocked at how unimpressive and weak candidate John Fetterman really is. Posters here are again falling for classic Twitter hype as they did for Gideon..

At the end of the day Trump territory is going to hold still for Oz and Mastriano, with a few counties swinging here and there, then Philly and it's suburbs swings towards Oz, carrying him across the finish line..

After election day there will numerous inquieries on how Fetterman sat on his ass, being a twitter lord, etc.. by the same posters who kept screaming and pushing how glorious he was.

He had a stroke.

Oz writes these things himself. Fetterman is not running a terminally online campaign. He's using all forms of media to communicate his message. Republicans don't know this, but there's a group called 'young people'. Historically, the don't turn out in midterms, but things like this can inspire them to vote.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3018 on: July 20, 2022, 04:12:27 PM »

I'd say it's time to rename the thread?

Suggestions: "Mr. Braddock vs. the New Jersey Doctor"; "The 51st vote?"

"We're Off to See the Wizard"

"Wizard vs. Ogre"

"Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz"
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3019 on: July 20, 2022, 04:14:24 PM »

Wow, not even sure there's much to say about some of the delusion that is coming from some of the recent replies here. Much cope!

Anyway, no unfortunately we have not had any recent polls here. We got like 3 in a row in mid-June and nothing since.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #3020 on: July 20, 2022, 04:27:21 PM »

Again, Twitter likes are not by themselves evidence for a candidate's strength except perhaps on the margins with the youth vote. They are also certainly not by themselves evidence against a candidate's strength. If you think Fetterman doesn't have enough ads or rallies or whatever, that's perfectly valid, but everyone needs to return to reality here.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3021 on: July 20, 2022, 05:21:23 PM »

I'd say it's time to rename the thread?

Suggestions: "Mr. Braddock vs. the New Jersey Doctor"; "The 51st vote?"

"We're Off to See the Wizard"

"Wizard vs. Ogre"

"Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz"

This is my favorite so far.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3022 on: July 20, 2022, 07:01:58 PM »

Once again, you did a far better job of making the implication than I did. You said yourself, "If he's not going to be capable of campaigning then he needs to surrender the nomination and let the state party put Lamb on the ballot."

This is not a paraphrase. This is not me editing out context. These are your exact words. I don't doubt you'd vote for and donate to Fetterman, but it's easy to doubt when the only things you have posted in here have been copium binges about Fetterman's stroke.

Yeah -- if he can't campaign, then he should stand aside for someone who does.  I HOPE THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN because I think he's the better general election candidate, provided he can actually campaign.  It's not concern trolling, it's not trying to manufacture an issue, this is a real problem that people are talking about.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?  Why do you constantly have to post juvenile 4chan crap like "copium"?  For Christ's sake when are you going to grow up?

Once again, you did a far better job
The fact of the matter is that the doctors said he could be off the trail until July and Fetterman is scheduled to return to in-person campaigning tomorrow at a fundraiser.

My recollection is that it was only supposed to be a short period of time at first, then a couple weeks, then the end of June, then July.  All interspersed with periods of "we don't actually have a deadline."

You come off as less of "Democrat expresses concern about Fetterman's health/campaign" and more of "Here's how Lamb can still be Senator".

I don't even want Lamb to be the candidate if Fetterman has to stand aside.  He's not a good statewide candidate.  If we have to replace him with an emergency stand-in then my preference would be Governor Wolf, if he's willing.  Again, I hope this does not happen, and based on the fact that he's now planning to appear in public, it seems like it won't, so this is all moot.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3023 on: July 20, 2022, 09:00:36 PM »

Yoda
United States

« Reply #3024 on: July 20, 2022, 09:54:51 PM »

Fettermans reply.  Tears of joy

I literally just saw this on twitter and logged on here to talk about it. I genuinely LOL'd for like a minute.

Fetterman's twitter man/woman is going to earn themselves a big bonus by the time this campaign is over. So well done.

Also, why is Oz continuously linking Fetterman to Sanders? Sanders is popular. Why isn't he linking him to Biden, who is unpopular? Oz's campaign is so inept it's ridiculous.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies