PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:44:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 283986 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: November 12, 2020, 08:19:19 AM »
« edited: July 21, 2022, 08:00:37 AM by GeorgiaModerate »

2022 Pennsylvania Senate election megathread discussion goes here
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 11:34:04 AM »

Can't wait until Nov 2022 when polls show Fetterman coasting to victory only to end up comfortably losing, because of course
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 08:08:26 PM »

Watch everyone hype up titanium candidate Fetterman, only for him to lose to generic R by about one percent.

Yeah, prior to the runoffs, we really didn't perform that well in Senate races and this was when Biden was winning by 4 points. Ditto for 2018 and 2016. If we're barely scraping by now, what will happen if Republicans manage to reverse that and we get an R+4 environment? PA only barely went for Biden, and Republicans won the House popular vote there.

Maybe this guy can stitch together a winning coalition, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I've gotten burned too many times over the past 4+ years when it comes to the Senate.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 09:00:36 PM »

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2022, 09:39:19 AM »

Am I a terrible person for thinking it would be perfect if Fetterman had put "doctor" in quotation marks?

As someone who has watched (part of) one of Oz's pseudo-science magic pill episodes, no, you aren't  terrible.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 08:22:36 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2022, 08:26:55 PM by Virginiá »

TBH, even with control of the senate at stake, I would vote against the Democrat if it came out they were killing dogs (or ordering such) for research. I get that everyone is partisan af these days but I'd at least like to think that if you are a dog lover, you'd draw the line at needlessly euthanizing these precious creatures:

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2022, 06:10:51 AM »

So I’ll just say this one more time in the vain hope that somebody will understand or not repeat this.

The number of dogs killed by Dr. Oz is 0. As in zero. None. I’m not talking about justifiable killings or euthanasia or medical research whatever, I’m talking period. Dr. Oz has never killed a dog for any reason.

People on his research team did in the course of running clinical trials. [...]

Yeah, see, this is not lost on some of us. I know Dr. Oz wasn't putting them down himself, or it seems unlikely to me. But most people don't really think about animal testing and think it's generally on non-domesticated animals that we don't keep as pets. I take exception to anyone using dogs to test their crap. Lots of scientists probably do this, and if I knew a scientist who was running for office did the same, I wouldn't vote for them either. I would think in a country where a over 1/3rd of American households have at least one dog would not use dogs for research, just like people here don't eat dogs or cats (well, most of us, I'm sure).

At any rate, I already said in the post you responded to that I don't care if he did it or was simply a part of those who did.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2022, 04:15:02 PM »

Let's be honest, we've had Senators in office for years who were literally losing their minds, like Thad Cochran or currently, Diane Feinstein. That is disqualifying. A stroke can be, if it causes enough damage to massively impede their ability to think or communicate.

Fetterman's stroke was never a truly disqualifying condition. It didn't significantly and permanently handicap him and to the extent it caused him issues during the campaign, that is likely to resolve itself over time. Republicans just acted like this was disqualifying because they were eager for something to rule him out in the minds of voters because they wanted to keep the seat despite being saddled with a terrible candidate who voters largely disliked. If he were a Republican, they would have never said a bad word and would probably be defending that candidate just like Fetterman's supporters did.

Fetterman can still do his job better than any number of frail, decrepit lifers in either chamber, and once this election is an afterthought in people's minds, I doubt anyone is going to think about this again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies