PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:55:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 284287 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3075 on: July 26, 2022, 09:32:00 PM »

Every poll since Dobbs have gone against Rs including OH, Grassley is ahead by he is only 8 pts ahead and he won by 24 in 2016
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #3076 on: July 26, 2022, 09:36:32 PM »

*Sigh*
Yoda
United States

« Reply #3077 on: July 27, 2022, 12:12:56 AM »

*Sigh*

LMAOOO just.....whaaaaat? Why?

I'm literally sitting here struggling to figure out (between gasping for air from laughing) what to criticize first in this tweet. Like....STOP LINKING YOUR OPPONENT TO A POPULAR PUBLIC FIGURE WITH A HUGE YOUTH FOLLOWING. I mean, who is approving this garbage? Is Oz's social media person a Fettermam/PA Dem party plant/double agent? Are they destroying his campaign from the inside? Also, I can't really think of any democrat or independent I know who doesn't want to transition from fossil fuels to clean/renewable energy. Gas companies are literally gouging us and Oz is really out there trying to gin up sympathy for them? Everyone I know wants an affordable electric car that they can charge much cheaper than filling a tank of gas and they want their local utility powered by solar/wind/nuclear.

Oz: "My opponent is good friends with this super cool dude and they both want to stop using the product that is cooking our planet and switch to clean energy that will also be cheaper than gas ever will be again. If this sounds horrible to you, vote for me! I want more fracking so that rural Pennsylvanians can keep lighting their faucet water on fire!"

*Used car salesman grin with the helmet hair*

*two thumbs up*
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3078 on: July 27, 2022, 12:15:06 AM »

*Sigh*

LMAOOO just.....whaaaaat? Why?

I'm literally sitting here struggling to figure out (between gasping for air from laughing) what to criticize first in this tweet. Like....STOP LINKING YOUR OPPONENT TO A POPULAR PUBLIC FIGURE WITH A HUGE YOUTH FOLLOWING. I mean, who is approving this garbage? Is Oz's social media person a Fettermam/PA Dem party plant/double agent? Are they destroying his campaign from the inside? Also, I can't really think of any democrat or independent I know who doesn't want to transition from fossil fuels to clean/renewable energy. Gas companies are literally gouging us and Oz is really out there trying to gin up sympathy for them? Everyone I know wants an affordable electric car that they can charge much cheaper than filling a tank of gas and they want their local utility powered by solar/wind/nuclear.

Oz: "My opponent is good friends with this super cool dude and they both want to stop using the product that is cooking our planet and switch to clean energy that will also be cheaper than gas ever will be again. If this sounds horrible to you, vote for me! I want more fracking so that rural Pennsylvanians can keep lighting their faucet water on fire!"

*Used car salesman grin with the helmet hair*

*two thumbs up*

I mean there is a non-zero chance Oz himself is a double agent. (since he himself had Bernie on his show like two years ago).
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3079 on: July 27, 2022, 12:29:10 AM »

People from outside PA don't seem to understand the whole PA-NJ thing. You just wouldn't get it unless you lived here. This attack would not work if Oz was from any of the 48 other states (or 95% not nearly enough). It's just different.

I get it.  Imagine if CCM or Mark Kelly were running against some celebrity Republican who was known for living in a huge mansion in Beverly Hills.  "People from [neighboring state] suck!!" is a fairly universal thing.  Smiley
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3080 on: July 27, 2022, 01:36:08 AM »

People from outside PA don't seem to understand the whole PA-NJ thing. You just wouldn't get it unless you lived here. This attack would not work if Oz was from any of the 48 other states (or 95% not nearly enough). It's just different.

I get it.  Imagine if CCM or Mark Kelly were running against some celebrity Republican who was known for living in a huge mansion in Beverly Hills.  "People from [neighboring state] suck!!" is a fairly universal thing.  Smiley

NJ especially.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3081 on: July 27, 2022, 05:28:38 AM »

I’m surprised no one has mentioned that both Tester and Manchin used the message to death in 2018- they were smaller states with identities where it might matter more but it worked.

If there’s a bruise punch it!

Besides his social media is clearly better than the last decade of ‘we need a fighter in D.C’  and other vague vague sloganeering we get from campaigns.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3082 on: July 27, 2022, 08:23:07 AM »

Case in point: It always go back to Jersey.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3083 on: July 27, 2022, 10:20:05 AM »

Unfortunately for Oz, Toomey has been strongly underwater in most recent PA polls.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3084 on: July 27, 2022, 10:34:28 AM »

and Oz finally up on TV-

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3085 on: July 27, 2022, 10:55:25 AM »

Has anyone asked Oz whether the Armenian Genocide happened?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3086 on: July 27, 2022, 02:58:09 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3087 on: July 27, 2022, 03:25:15 PM »

theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3088 on: July 27, 2022, 03:41:50 PM »

Not only is Oz keeping the BS memes, he's also re-using them:

soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #3089 on: July 27, 2022, 04:09:10 PM »

A very topical reference for the year 2005.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3090 on: July 27, 2022, 04:52:34 PM »

Okay now I'm convinced someone is intentionally sabotaging him from the inside.

The fact that this ad makes Fetterman look cooler aside, the entire premise of this hitjob does *not* work. Fetterman is clearly back out there - he's doing videos on socials, speaking at events again, and yes, again, on top of the fact that he's still recovering from a *stroke* just two months ago.

The Joe Biden basement attacks didn't even work on him, so why would this low rent Kmart version work on Fetterman?!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3091 on: July 27, 2022, 06:45:21 PM »

I am a big defender of my state, even after being sorely disappointed in it last year, but I am more than happy to have Fetterman keep s***ing on Oz carpetbagging from here if it means we can win the Senate seat. Some things are more important than pride.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3092 on: July 27, 2022, 08:27:27 PM »

Someone call the coroner.  Grin
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3093 on: July 27, 2022, 08:32:03 PM »

It’d be like some dude from Michigan running in Ohio.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3094 on: July 27, 2022, 09:12:17 PM »

This is pretty good -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihRX-hXQjgo
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3095 on: July 28, 2022, 06:35:36 AM »

No, it would be liked Jim Harbaugh ran for mayor of Columbus.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3096 on: July 28, 2022, 07:06:01 AM »

No, it would be liked Jim Harbaugh ran for mayor of Columbus.

No, it would be like Dabo Swinney running for office in Alabama.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3097 on: July 28, 2022, 07:49:50 AM »

Dr. Oz has to be one of the worst politicians the state of NJ has ever seen... or PA.

Fetterman fits the state unusually well.  Dr. Oz... fits an Upper East Side penthouse well.

It's a very interesting race because the two guys couldn't be more different and even in a very challenging climate for Team Blue, Fetterman is surfing against the Red wave and may just beat it.

Who's idea was it to have Dr. Oz run for politics in the first place?  Some celebrities really think they can have it all.... he's not Arnold Schwarzenegger.  He's not even Donald Trump.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3098 on: July 28, 2022, 10:21:06 AM »

The best strategy against Fetterman would be to try and paint him as an out-of-touch phony who is more interested in being a celebrity than a politician... too bad for the Republicans that this strategy doesn't work when your nominee is a literal out-of-touch phony celebrity.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3099 on: July 28, 2022, 10:31:39 AM »

The best strategy against Fetterman would be to try and paint him as an out-of-touch phony who is more interested in being a celebrity than a politician... too bad for the Republicans that this strategy doesn't work when your nominee is a literal out-of-touch phony celebrity.

I mean, the "too radical for PA" tag would probably work against Fetterman if the Republican Party wasn't openly embracing fascism.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies