PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:07:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 286879 times)
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4275 on: October 04, 2022, 11:54:37 AM »

Huh? Are you lost?
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #4276 on: October 04, 2022, 11:56:29 AM »

Oh boy, we're in the season where I just stay home on my days off from my residency awaiting those glorious polls.  

I miss those NYT/Siena polls form 2018 where you could watch the responses live. I definitely had those running on my phone while I was supposed to be working a couple of times.
Genuinely the peak of polling as an art.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #4277 on: October 04, 2022, 11:58:34 AM »
« Edited: October 04, 2022, 12:52:05 PM by Official Penguin Books Account »

Saw that Oz/NRSC will launch a series of ads highlighting Fetterman's assault of a black man, which is definitely smart, but he needs to be going positive in the final stretch. The only thing really stopping him is his own personal negatives. He clearly has a low ceiling but should be doing everything he can to hit that ceiling.

Still not feeling this one.  Enough technicalities and complications that it makes Fetterman's claim look like a stretch.  Still, it's apparently not like defamation level false either, so maybe it won't tank either candidate and just nets out to nothing. 

Oz could probably get a defamation charge into court, if only for the political signal. Walker is attempting to do that on a much more dubious footing.

Still seems like the Fetterman campaign is running on the ridiculous idea that they can appeal to Trump voters by simply running a fat white man who is rude on Twitter.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #4278 on: October 04, 2022, 12:03:54 PM »

Saw that Oz/NRSC will launch a series of ads highlighting Fetterman's assault of a black man,

They need to be careful this doesn’t backfire and earn Fetterman support from the Republican base voters in PA.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4279 on: October 04, 2022, 12:05:59 PM »

Saw that Oz/NRSC will launch a series of ads highlighting Fetterman's assault of a black man,

They need to be careful this doesn’t backfire and earn Fetterman support from the Republican base voters in PA.

Yeah this seems a little dangerous when it actively contravenes the primary narrative that has been used to attack Fetterman as of late.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4280 on: October 04, 2022, 12:08:26 PM »

Yeah this seems a little dangerous when it actively contravenes the primary narrative that has been used to attack Fetterman as of late.

Not if you cultivate the image of Fetterman as one of those violent thugs that he defends.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4281 on: October 04, 2022, 12:15:35 PM »

Saw that Oz/NRSC will launch a series of ads highlighting Fetterman's assault of a black man, which is definitely smart, but he needs to be going positive in the final stretch. The only thing really stopping him is his own personal negatives. He clearly has a low ceiling but should be doing everything he can to hit that ceiling.

Still not feeling this one.  Enough technicalities and complications that it makes Fetterman's claim look like a stretch.  Still, it's apparently not like defamation level false either, so maybe it won't tank either candidate and just nets out to nothing. 

Oz could probably get a defamation charge into court, if only for the political signal. Walker is attempting to do that on a much more dubious footing.

Still seems like the Fetterman campaign is running on the ridiculous idea that they can appeal to Trump voters by simply running a fat white man who is rude on Twitter.

1) He’d be laughed out of court; a defamation suit would be completely frivolous and go nowhere. 

2) It’d draw a lot more media attention and if this gets picked up by national or even major state media, then Oz is probably finished

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4282 on: October 04, 2022, 12:16:27 PM »

Not if you cultivate the image of Fetterman as one of those violent thugs that he defends.

... the violent thugs that were wrongly put in jail for decades and then rightfully got out?
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4283 on: October 04, 2022, 12:49:17 PM »

... the violent thugs that were wrongly put in jail for decades and then rightfully got out?

I'm talking about perception here--and, as we know, perception is reality. This is a scenario where I see Fetterman's appearance as unfortunately ringing a certain message to the layperson with enough repetition.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #4284 on: October 04, 2022, 12:50:31 PM »

I should actually amend my post; I didn't see what the nature of the campaign is going to be, and so could very well be much more narrowly targeted than television ads.

edit: I can't find anything new on Oz using the jogger story nor can I find the original post (tweet?) that claimed this, so disregard for now. Striking it from the original post.
kwabbit

« Reply #4285 on: October 04, 2022, 01:04:15 PM »

Depends where the ad is run. In the Philly market, it can depress Black turnout and scare educated Whites. It might even help Fetterman in the rest of PA though if it reinforces Fetterman’s image as a working class, not like the typical Democrat Everyman.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4286 on: October 04, 2022, 01:05:47 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4287 on: October 04, 2022, 01:19:25 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2022, 01:24:41 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Every poll has it Fetterman plus six and Shapiro plus nine it's the exact margin Casey won by 6 in 2012 and Corbett won by 9 in 2014 and in 2018 they both won by double digits Rs wasn't targeting PA they got MO, IN, FL and ND

Oz is DOA just like Masters Blake Masters is gonna lose 51/48, like McSally and if it's a blue wave Kelly will win by 6 52/46 if we win OH, UT and NC I am expecting to win WI, PA, OH, UT and NC because it's 17% black in all those states except UT and McMillan hasn't said whom he will caucus with so it's not yet a D takeover, and Dan Jones has it 3, you know 3 pts is nothing for Ds to overcome in Early vote and as far as Fetterman he will build up a substantial Early vote lead like McMillan, Ryan and Beasley

I said don't take everything literally take everything with a grain of salt just like Laxalt and Johnson lead we know it's a 303 blue wall map
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4288 on: October 04, 2022, 01:27:49 PM »

Thanks, Mr. Cook, but the Lief Political Report already moved this to toss-up weeks ago. No one's paying me $35 a month though!
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #4289 on: October 04, 2022, 02:17:21 PM »

Depends where the ad is run. In the Philly market, it can depress Black turnout and scare educated Whites. It might even help Fetterman in the rest of PA though if it reinforces Fetterman’s image as a working class, not like the typical Democrat Everyman.
Scare educated whites is the key here. That's what it would do
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4290 on: October 04, 2022, 02:17:30 PM »

This is interesting - after being outraised in September, Dems have a $15M lead in October - as of now

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #4291 on: October 04, 2022, 02:18:13 PM »

Is there a third party candidate in this race? I think there is potential for them to do very well here
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4292 on: October 04, 2022, 02:35:48 PM »

Is there a third party candidate in this race? I think there is potential for them to do very well here

Third, fourth, fifth, and sixth parties, plus two independent write-in candidates, per Ballotpedia.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #4293 on: October 04, 2022, 02:39:49 PM »

Third, fourth, fifth, and sixth parties, plus two independent write-in candidates, per Ballotpedia.

Pennsylvania isn't quite Deep-South-level hostile to third party candidates, but I would still be surprised if they combine for anything more than 5% of the vote on a good day for them.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4294 on: October 04, 2022, 04:46:36 PM »

Very excited for the "tightening!" narrative tomorrow when Monmouth goes from 49-39 last time to like 48-42 this time.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4295 on: October 04, 2022, 04:47:46 PM »

Inflation hasn't gotten any better and Gas prices are back high in California
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4296 on: October 04, 2022, 04:54:02 PM »

The Philadelphia Inqurier has picked up the puppy story.

Pretty much says as what we've been saying - Oz didn't kill any puppies *himself* but the facts show he was the leader of the research and studies, and he oversaw everything. His name as also attached starting in 2004 when Columbia had to pay its fine.

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/pennsylvania/mehmet-oz-puppies-dog-animal-abuse-research-senate-20221004.html
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #4297 on: October 04, 2022, 05:21:05 PM »

Huh. Might make a difference after all. Not an awesome headline for Oz, to say the least.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4298 on: October 04, 2022, 05:37:24 PM »

Pretty much says as what we've been saying - Oz didn't kill any puppies *himself* but the facts show he was the leader of the research and studies, and he oversaw everything. His name as also attached starting in 2004 when Columbia had to pay its fine.

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/pennsylvania/mehmet-oz-puppies-dog-animal-abuse-research-senate-20221004.html

No matter the nuances, if Fetterman is "soft on crime" for commuting the sentences for wrongfully convicted prisoners, then it's fair for Oz to be portrayed as a mad scientist who kills man's best friends with no remorse.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4299 on: October 04, 2022, 05:57:31 PM »

No matter the nuances, if Fetterman is "soft on crime" for commuting the sentences for wrongfully convicted prisoners, then it's fair for Oz to be portrayed as a mad scientist who kills man's best friends with no remorse.

The Ass is basically the Mengele and Frankenstein combined to dogs. Frankenstein is the doctor, not the monster. I still don't think everyone knows that.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies