PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 06:58:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 290765 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4200 on: October 03, 2022, 07:22:28 PM »

Hershel Walker paid for an abortion.

Dr. Oz tortures puppies for kicks.

Jesus Christ, what's next? Adam Laxalt shot a man in Reno just to watch him die?

BREAKING: Adam Laxalt LIKES walnuts in his brownies. 

Hearing unconfirmed reports that JD Vance bites into all of the Kit Kats at once without pulling them apart first

Similarly, Ted Budd eats pull-and-peel licorice but just bites into the whole thing!
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4201 on: October 03, 2022, 07:25:16 PM »

Jesus Christ, what's next? Adam Laxalt shot a man in Reno just to watch him die?

Hearing unconfirmed reports that JD Vance bites into all of the Kit Kats at once without pulling them apart first

Similarly, Ted Budd eats pull-and-peel licorice but just bites into the whole thing!

Don Bolduc puts milk before the cereal!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4202 on: October 03, 2022, 07:26:42 PM »

I do that too
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #4203 on: October 03, 2022, 07:27:44 PM »

Okay okay sorry I got the thread off-track.  

Seriously though, it'll be interesting to see how much traction this gains.  I feel like I remember accusations of this being lobbed at Oz months ago, but I can't quite recall.  
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #4204 on: October 03, 2022, 07:28:40 PM »

I do that too

I don't know why but I feel like this is the most OSR post ever.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4205 on: October 03, 2022, 07:32:36 PM »

Seriously though, it'll be interesting to see how much traction this gains.  I feel like I remember accusations of this being lobbed at Oz months ago, but I can't quite recall.  

Don't apologize. It was fun.

But we did know prior. It appears that for some reason media outlets weren't picking up on it at the time and now are.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4206 on: October 03, 2022, 07:34:29 PM »

There was an earlier accusation of this on Twitter, but it seems like most people were (rightfully) waiting for more confirmation. 
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #4207 on: October 03, 2022, 07:44:17 PM »

LMAO, apparently scamming millions of Americans is perfectly okay but as soon as some stray dog isn’t tested perfectly you vote third party. Once again showing the American obsession with dogs.

I know you’re trying to be edgy (emphasis on trying), but if you believe someone who is capable of inflicting this kind of pain/torture on sentient beings who never did any harm to him would hesitate (for non-law-enforcement-related reasons) to pull the trigger when confronted with actual human lives, you’re greatly mistaken. This may seem like a cliché to some, but things like that really are a giveaway.

If this story is true, it would confirm that Mehmet Oz is a dangerous psychopath — people vote for dangerous psychopaths all the time, yes, but only those who are good at hiding it. No one wants to know they’re voting for a psychopath.
Pigs and rats are intelligent as well. Would you feel the same way if it were one of those?

Yes, I would.
Okay, but what if it is for medical reasons? Like there is a clear benefit for this type of research…and it’s not like they are humans. If we can justify what we do in the meat industry now…we can justify this surely.

Yes, there are extreme abuses in the meat industry and in its current form, it is one of the most vile and reprehensible (legal) industries in this nation. I was just thinking about how animal abuse of animals like pigs and cows goes completely unnoticed, but given how ignorant the public is on this topic in general, seeing any type of backlash to Oz's horrendous experiments is encouraging.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4208 on: October 03, 2022, 07:55:26 PM »

I mean I’m sure this oppo has been shopped around news outlets but Jezebel being the only one picking it up is a red flag. There’s no way the NYT or WaPo would let Jezebel of all outlets to break this before them, there’s more to this story.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #4209 on: October 03, 2022, 07:58:02 PM »

Next Dr. Oz campaign ad leaked:

Pink Panther

« Reply #4210 on: October 03, 2022, 08:01:12 PM »

Yeah, all I have to say is that if this story is in fact true and does get confirmations from more credible sources, I hope this does it for not only Oz's political career, but his media career as a whole. Despicable. Just absolutely despicable.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4211 on: October 03, 2022, 08:18:10 PM »

I mean I’m sure this oppo has been shopped around news outlets but Jezebel being the only one picking it up is a red flag. There’s no way the NYT or WaPo would let Jezebel of all outlets to break this before them, there’s more to this story.

Yes, I'm just not sure about this one.  And now it destroys Fetterman if it's fake or very exaggerated.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4212 on: October 03, 2022, 08:19:59 PM »

Daily Beast is also running with the story
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4213 on: October 03, 2022, 08:22:44 PM »

Yes, I'm just not sure about this one.  And now it destroys Fetterman if it's fake or very exaggerated.

On the other hand, it destroys Oz if it's confirmed (which it looks like it is).
kwabbit

« Reply #4214 on: October 03, 2022, 08:28:46 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2022, 08:32:08 PM by kwabbit »

Yes, I'm just not sure about this one.  And now it destroys Fetterman if it's fake or very exaggerated.

How would it destroy Fetterman? If Oz can say he "Fetterman tried to accuse me of killing dogs"? It'll just get forgotten about if it doesn't materialize.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4215 on: October 03, 2022, 08:34:13 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2022, 08:43:51 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

The lesson to all these races like WI NC, OH, PA, NV, GA is that none of these races are OVER we still have to vote and 15 percent blks and 25 percent Latino and Arab and Females are just as important as White males voted and our Senate and Gov candidates are always stronger than our H candidates but Axne, Golden and Malinowski are all tied or leading and they are supposed to lose
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4216 on: October 03, 2022, 08:41:39 PM »

Earlier, Nate Silver was like "But what if the stories get worse for Democrats on the home stretch?"

Didn't stop to consider "But what if they get EXPONENTIALLY worse for the Republicans," did you?

I'm moving the Senate to Likely D.

The candidates the GOP have put up are absolutely embarrassing, even by their pathetically low standards.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #4217 on: October 03, 2022, 08:53:11 PM »

Regardless, Dark Brandon and the team at the opposition research department on Jewish Space Laser #51 send their regards.
HidingCommentary
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4218 on: October 03, 2022, 09:04:23 PM »

The Dog Story has been shuffling around the internet for awhile now. I'm surprised the media hasn't picked up on it until now.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4219 on: October 03, 2022, 09:05:08 PM »

Earlier, Nate Silver was like "But what if the stories get worse for Democrats on the home stretch?"

Didn't stop to consider "But what if they get EXPONENTIALLY worse for the Republicans," did you?

The candidates the GOP have put up are absolutely embarrassing, even by their pathetically low standards.

Laxalt is likely winning so Dems still need Fetterman and Kelly.  I don't think that's Likely D at all.  It might be tilt D assuming both the Walker and Oz stories both hold up (Walker story looking much stronger for now).
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4220 on: October 03, 2022, 09:08:12 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2022, 09:13:19 PM by Alben Barkley »

Laxalt is likely winning so Dems still need Fetterman and Kelly.  I don't think that's Likely D at all.  It might be tilt D assuming both the Walker and Oz stories both hold up (Walker story looking much stronger for now).

Fetterman's up by an average of 6, Shapiro is DEFINITELY winning and I wouldn't count on too many Shapiro/Oz voters (puppy killer or not), and to say Laxalt is "likely" winning is a massive stretch. That one's a pure toss-up.

Kelly's all but safe at this point.

Put it all together and the odds of Democrats not winning are simply implausible. Rs need to SWEEP basically while Dems have room for error. It's the opposite of what it was in 2018. That translates to "Likely" as far as I'm concerned. 70-80% odds, which I think seem more than reasonable as of now, seem "Likely" to me.

FWIW I still think Rs are favored in the House. But it's closer now. Rs have done everything they can to blow what a year ago I thought was a slam dunk for them.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4221 on: October 03, 2022, 09:25:27 PM »

The Dog Story has been shuffling around the internet for awhile now. I'm surprised the media hasn't picked up on it until now.

This could be the Hunter Biden of this cycle. Oz torturing animals and Walker having abortions….and the Media gives them the BotD, just like they did with the laptop.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4222 on: October 03, 2022, 09:27:16 PM »

This could be the Hunter Biden of this cycle. Oz torturing animals and Walker having abortions….and the Media gives them the BotD.

Except unlike Hunter Biden, this is directly relevant to the actual candidates running. The abortion story is particularly relevant this year, and seems particularly damning with particularly strong evidence.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4223 on: October 03, 2022, 09:48:59 PM »

Oz is truly despicable.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4224 on: October 03, 2022, 09:55:55 PM »

This could be the Hunter Biden of this cycle. Oz torturing animals and Walker having abortions….and the Media gives them the BotD.

Except unlike Hunter Biden, this is directly relevant to the actual candidates running. The abortion story is particularly relevant this year, and seems particularly damning with particularly strong evidence.

Hunter Biden was relevant because there is now evidence of Biden's potential direct involvement.  Walker's scandal is directly relevant.  This Oz dog stuff feels eerily like the "Russian server is communicating with Trump!" Clinton oppo drop that fell apart in 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies