PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 06:34:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 290758 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4175 on: October 03, 2022, 04:53:30 PM »

I doubt he's lying since it's coming out tomorrow, but umichvoter on Twitter got access to the Suffolk poll out tomorrow morning.

Fetterman 46
Oz 40

Was Fetterman 46-37 in June. Also has Shapiro 48-Mastriano 37, so about the same amount decided in both races (85-86%) and Fetterman only running 2% behind Shapiro's vote share which is not shabby.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4176 on: October 03, 2022, 04:53:44 PM »

LMAO, apparently scamming millions of Americans is perfectly okay but as soon as some stray dog isn’t tested perfectly you vote third party. Once again showing the American obsession with dogs.

I know you’re trying to be edgy (emphasis on trying), but if you believe someone who is capable of inflicting this kind of pain/torture on sentient beings who never did any harm to him would hesitate (for non-law-enforcement-related reasons) to pull the trigger when confronted with actual human lives, you’re greatly mistaken. This may seem like a cliché to some, but things like that really are a giveaway.

If this story is true, it would confirm that Mehmet Oz is a dangerous psychopath — people vote for dangerous psychopaths all the time, yes, but only those who are good at hiding it. No one wants to know they’re voting for a psychopath.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4177 on: October 03, 2022, 04:59:14 PM »

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4178 on: October 03, 2022, 05:05:18 PM »

LMAO, apparently scamming millions of Americans is perfectly okay but as soon as some stray dog isn’t tested perfectly you vote third party. Once again showing the American obsession with dogs.

I know you’re trying to be edgy (emphasis on trying), but if you believe someone who is capable of inflicting this kind of pain/torture on sentient beings who never did any harm to him would hesitate (for non-law-enforcement-related reasons) to pull the trigger when confronted with actual human lives, you’re greatly mistaken. This may seem like a cliché to some, but things like that really are a giveaway.

If this story is true, it would confirm that Mehmet Oz is a dangerous psychopath — people vote for dangerous psychopaths all the time, yes, but only those who are good at hiding it. No one wants to know they’re voting for a psychopath.
Pigs and rats are intelligent as well. Would you feel the same way if it were one of those?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4179 on: October 03, 2022, 05:06:52 PM »

Philadelphia/Wilmington NPR is also confirming it.

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4180 on: October 03, 2022, 05:09:21 PM »

Pigs and rats are intelligent as well. Would you feel the same way if it were one of those?

Yes, I would. I don’t deny that I’d probably feel more strongly about pigs than rats, but it would be a red line either way.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4181 on: October 03, 2022, 05:10:58 PM »

Yes, I would.
Okay, but what if it is for medical reasons? Like there is a clear benefit for this type of research…and it’s not like they are humans. If we can justify what we do in the meat industry now…we can justify this surely.
kwabbit

« Reply #4182 on: October 03, 2022, 05:16:36 PM »

Yes, I would.
Okay, but what if it is for medical reasons? Like there is a clear benefit for this type of research…and it’s not like they are humans. If we can justify what we do in the meat industry now…we can justify this surely.

It was for medical reasons. It’s not like Dr Oz was killing dogs for fun. He was always going to be killing dogs as part of what was legitimate research. The problem was that he and his team either didn’t give the dogs pain killers or let them linger instead of putting them out of their misery.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4183 on: October 03, 2022, 05:24:48 PM »

Let’s take this to PMs if you’re actually interested in having this conversation, but neither can be justified. "But you eat meat, right?" - Fair objection, but no.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4184 on: October 03, 2022, 05:26:03 PM »

Interested to see the favorability #s in Suffolk. The June poll had Fetterman at 45/27 and Oz at 28/50.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4185 on: October 03, 2022, 05:36:27 PM »

Still waiting for reputable outlets to confirm this, but if this is true, it would be one of very few things that would actually make me vote third party if I lived in PA.

I wonder if Oz will be able to avoid major scrutiny over these allegations. He might be able to say that his subordinates carried out the euthanasia and that he wasn't responsible for the day to day suffering, but a lot of these descriptions sound terrible and not defensible.  It doesn't seem to be major news yet, even though it's been out for a few weeks. Why was he using dogs in the first place? Pigs are the most similar and no one really cares if a pig isn't treated well.

This reads almost as ghoulish as the story itself. Also, please speak for yourself on this.

And that's exactly why this could be a conversation-changer for Fetterman.

And speaking for myself, I am personally as disgusted at the pigs suffering and dying as much as the dogs. But I'm unique in my love of piggies.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #4186 on: October 03, 2022, 05:55:56 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2022, 12:40:37 AM by Peltola for God Empress »

I can’t believe Dr. Oz actually killed puppies…

If they wrote this into a TV show it’d be panned as unrealistic
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #4187 on: October 03, 2022, 05:57:39 PM »

Fetterman is running with it, so I assume they believe it to be legitimate or else I'd imagine they wouldn't touch it. They stayed away when it was just Twitter rumors.

I just saw this story immediately after posting in the NV thread that "Any advertising dollars Dems spend over the next month that doesn't talk about abortion could be much better spent talking about abortion."

uh.....

I'll allow an exception for this.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #4188 on: October 03, 2022, 06:26:13 PM »

SnowLabrador: "This will probably help Dr. Oz. People think there is a clear benefit from medical research. I wouldn't be surprised if this would help him in the polls."
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4189 on: October 03, 2022, 06:34:18 PM »

SnowLabrador: "This will probably help Dr. Oz. People think there is a clear benefit from medical research. I wouldn't be surprised if this would help him in the polls."

If it was just rats, he might have a point. But dogs too?
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #4190 on: October 03, 2022, 06:34:36 PM »

The combination of this thread the GA-SEN title right below it is *chef’s kiss*
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4191 on: October 03, 2022, 06:38:22 PM »

The combination of this thread the GA-SEN title right below it is *chef’s kiss*

If this thread didn't already have a great title, I'd seriously consider changing it to "I don't love puppies".
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #4192 on: October 03, 2022, 06:51:17 PM »

If this is real and the major news outlets pick up on it, that would be very, very bad for Oz.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4193 on: October 03, 2022, 06:59:35 PM »

Hershel Walker paid for an abortion.

Dr. Oz tortures puppies for kicks.

Jesus Christ, what's next? Adam Laxalt shot a man in Reno just to watch him die?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4194 on: October 03, 2022, 07:01:52 PM »

Fetterman is running with it, so I assume they believe it to be legitimate or else I'd imagine they wouldn't touch it. They stayed away when it was just Twitter rumors.

Politics aside, killing puppies is just absolutely despicable, and I think people all over the political spectrum can agree on that. Oz is a sick man for doing this (though more details, and a more detailed explanation, would be appreciated) and should be charged appropriately.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4195 on: October 03, 2022, 07:05:11 PM »

Yeah, I looked at some of the article, and this is just...horrible. Truly outrageous and sickening, and anybody who owns a dog (and I suspect enough Pennsylvania Republicans do), or even cares remotely about them, should feel the same way. Oz is a horrible man, and there should be criminal charges (this apparently did violate the Animal Welfare Act, after all).
kyc0705

« Reply #4196 on: October 03, 2022, 07:06:23 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2022, 07:16:44 PM by kyc0705 »

there are four critical rules of running for office that dr. oz seems to have forgotten:

1. don't be a carpetbagger
2. don't have a long history of publicly saying bizarre nonsense in which your own words can be regularly used against you
3. don't make it obvious that you haven't been in a grocery store in years
4. don't torture and kill 300 dogs
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #4197 on: October 03, 2022, 07:16:32 PM »

Jesus Christ, what's next? Adam Laxalt shot a man in Reno just to watch him die?

BREAKING: Adam Laxalt LIKES walnuts in his brownies. 
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4198 on: October 03, 2022, 07:19:16 PM »

Smh the scandals are supposed to make the candidates look bad
kyc0705

« Reply #4199 on: October 03, 2022, 07:20:55 PM »

Hearing unconfirmed reports that JD Vance bites into all of the Kit Kats at once without pulling them apart first
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies