PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:48:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 287245 times)
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2400 on: May 16, 2022, 04:48:34 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but this might be the most excited I've been for a non-prezi primary in quite some time.  

I have a pretty clear candidate picked out for when I vote tomorrow, but I genuinely have no idea who's going to be the GOP's nominee when all is said and done.  

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2401 on: May 16, 2022, 05:10:50 PM »

I don't know about you guys, but this might be the most excited I've been for a non-prezi primary in quite some time.  

I have a pretty clear candidate picked out for when I vote tomorrow, but I genuinely have no idea who's going to be the GOP's nominee when all is said and done.  

Are you voting for your fellow Doctor
kwabbit

« Reply #2402 on: May 16, 2022, 05:28:31 PM »

She seems like a McCormick supporter to me. Oz is an interesting choice for moderate Republicans, since there's plenty of reason to believe that he would be the most ideologically centrist GOP senator given what he has said before the primary.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2403 on: May 16, 2022, 05:32:26 PM »

Feeling the same way as you, PQG. My bet is you’re a Bartos/Barletta voter?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #2404 on: May 16, 2022, 05:36:36 PM »

Why is this some supposed to be this disqualifying thing? Are we just going to lump anybody who attended the march that day into the same group as those who violently stormed their way into the capital?

Yes, especially if they marched with the Proud Boys, a literal fascist street gang.

To be fair, this will help her in the primary
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #2405 on: May 16, 2022, 05:39:22 PM »

I get we're in a heated primary battle, but these favs #s AMONG GOP PRIMARY VOTERS are just terrible for all 3 of them, especially Barnette, who has no reason to have that much of an unfav b/c shes only been hit in the last week!

I'd love to see a poll of Oz's favorability amongst all PA voters. I'd imagine it's pretty ugly.

Wait they have Oz leading but his favorability still -11? This is not good. Everybody is agreeing that republicans don’t like any of these people that much. While I think all 3 are underrated with the general public, I don’t think any of them will be Chris Sununu caliber titans who can make up for it with huge crossover appeal. I really hope there’s a hidden Barnette vote of a hidden Oz vote where someone wins comfortably and shows themselves to be a good candidate
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2406 on: May 16, 2022, 05:39:41 PM »

She seems like a McCormick supporter to me. Oz is an interesting choice for moderate Republicans, since there's plenty of reason to believe that he would be the most ideologically centrist GOP senator given what he has said before the primary.

I think Oz and McCormick will have similar voting records though Oz will definitely be more “outspoken”. I don’t mind if either win and really really hope Barnette doesn’t win as I think she’d have a 50/50 chance of losing the general
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2407 on: May 16, 2022, 07:30:57 PM »

Scott Perry has apparently endorsed Barnette.

Republican Rep. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania is backing Kathy Barnette in the Pennsylvania Republican Senate primary, according to documents filed with the Federal Election Commission.

Barnette's campaign reported on Monday that it received a $1,000 contribution on Saturday from Perry's "First Capital" leadership PAC, a campaign account often used by members of Congress and other politicians to support like-minded causes and candidates.

The contribution comes as Barnette has surged in the polls ahead of Tuesday's primary election and disrupted what had previously been a head-to-head matchup between Dr. Mehmet Oz and former hedge fund manager David McCormick. Perry is breaking with former President Donald Trump, who's endorsed Oz and publicly criticized Barnette as unelectable in the general.

Perry, the chairman of the hardline conservative House Freedom Caucus, was recently subpoenaed by the House select committee investigating the January 6 riot along with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and three other Republican lawmakers. In response, Perry slammed the committee as an "illegitimate body" that's simply interested in "fabricating headlines and distracting Americans from their abysmal record of running America into the ground."

riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #2408 on: May 16, 2022, 07:36:23 PM »

truth:

Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #2409 on: May 16, 2022, 07:47:58 PM »

Final bets anyone?

I think Barnett squeaks in out by less than a percent against Oz
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2410 on: May 16, 2022, 07:54:40 PM »

Final bets anyone?

Barnette by 2 or 3.  She's got the late momentum.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2411 on: May 16, 2022, 08:00:26 PM »

Final bets anyone?

I guess Oz. But his high unfavorables are really giving me pause, and I'm not confident at all. The top three will probably be within five points of one another.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #2412 on: May 16, 2022, 08:05:34 PM »

Oz +5.. I expect that Emerson poll to be accurate to the final results.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #2413 on: May 16, 2022, 08:11:56 PM »

I highly doubt that, Oz is underwater among republicans. I doubt he could win the general.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #2414 on: May 16, 2022, 08:19:12 PM »

I highly doubt that, Oz is underwater among republicans. I doubt he could win the general.
Oz may be "underwater among republicans" but he has a rather committed base (converting 80%+ of those who regard him as favorable into voters), has led in every independent poll for a month, and has the benefit of the trump endorsement which was decisive to late deciders in Ohio, West Virginia and to a lesser degree, Nebraska.

The general is lean R with Oz, in this environment..
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2415 on: May 16, 2022, 08:24:32 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2022, 08:28:20 PM by ProgressiveModerate »

It's also important to think about what kinda of voters make up the GOP primary in PA. The educated suburbs provide a lot less primary votes than a lot of other suburbs just because they're more D.

Tilt Oz because in races where it matters the GOP has seemed to narrowly avoided electing the "crazy" canidate.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2416 on: May 16, 2022, 08:25:49 PM »

Barnette said she was leading buses to DC for 'our 1776 moment' on January 6, 2021.

Pennsylvania Republican Senate candidate Kathy Barnette said she was bringing three buses of "pissed off patriots" for the January 6, 2021, "Stop the Steal" rally that preceded the US Capitol riot.

Calling it "our 1776 moment," Barnette promised those attending the rally would make their voices heard, according to previously unreported comments from the time reviewed by CNN's KFile. In another interview before the rally, Barnette said she helped bring three buses to Washington.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/05/16/politics/kathy-barnette-1776-moment-january-6-kfile/index.html

To think that her supporters and those that will vote for her, actually like this as a positive quality of hers, is beyond insane.
Garbage candidate, garbage supporters, garbage party.
(And then blue-avatars ask/complain why some users call their party members ... traitors.)
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2417 on: May 16, 2022, 08:59:14 PM »

Absolutely classless, alarming stuff from the Lamb campaign and his Twitter surrogates. When Fetterman had his stroke you had a prominent pro-Lamb post celebrating it and wishing he didn't recover.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2418 on: May 16, 2022, 09:02:27 PM »

Final bets anyone?

Oz manages to win, but by like 1 point. Barnette finishes a narrow second, and McCormick finishes right behind her.

Absolutely classless, alarming stuff from the Lamb campaign and his Twitter surrogates. When Fetterman had his stroke you had a prominent pro-Lamb post celebrating it and wishing he didn't recover.

Not called for. I get desperate times call for desperate measures but the Lamb worker who messaged this ought to have realized this would backfire. So, while I don't entirely blame him for doing it, dumb move from a strategic perspective, since this will actually hurt Lamb a little bit. Anyway, primary is Safe Fetterman.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2419 on: May 16, 2022, 09:05:29 PM »

I had an experience similar to this last night. I got a text from the Lamb camp, replied with my support for Fetterman and got back (and I quote) "Has John been discharged from the hospital yet? What kind of medications and physical therapy does he need post-stroke?"

Not quite as transparent, but it's pretty clear what they're trying to do.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #2420 on: May 16, 2022, 09:08:35 PM »

My final prediction is that Barnette wins narrowly, but I hope McCormick wins, I doubt the GE is winnable in this environment and Fetterman doesn't strike me as a particularly strong candidate, so I'd rather the least insane Republican win.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2421 on: May 16, 2022, 09:12:47 PM »

I had an experience similar to this last night. I got a text from the Lamb camp, replied with my support for Fetterman and got back (and I quote) "Has John been discharged from the hospital yet? What kind of medications and physical therapy does he need post-stroke?"

Not quite as transparent, but it's pretty clear what they're trying to do.

Wow. So clearly - dumb a move as it is - this is a coordinated effort by Lamb's campaign. How moronic (not to say classless).

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but the message sent in the Tweet seems less outrageous/classless than the one you received. The other one still is just helping raise awareness about Fetterman's stroke and hospitalization and doesn't really comment further than that. In this one, the implication is clear and it is a very classless move. Hoping now more than before that Fetterman recovers and wins primary (obviously) and GE (which will not be easy but which is hardly impossible).

My final prediction is that Barnette wins narrowly, but I hope McCormick wins, I doubt the GE is winnable in this environment and Fetterman doesn't strike me as a particularly strong candidate, so I'd rather the least insane Republican win.

I think Oz still wins, but narrowly. McCormick would be the best senator of the three. And I hope Barnette gets the nomination because she gives Fetterman the greatest chance at winning in the GE. PA is still a Biden state, Fetterman is a good candidate, and candidate quality matters, so having a deranged January 6 attendee as his opponent can only help him. I'm expecting (hoping?) her to make some gaffes and shoot herself in the mouth, which would make it easier for Fetterman to win.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2422 on: May 16, 2022, 09:22:43 PM »

Wow

Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2423 on: May 16, 2022, 09:28:21 PM »

My final predictions even though I think predictions are super subjective:

Fetterman 48%
Lamb 31%
Kenyatta 17%

Oz 30%
Barnette 29%
McCormick 24%
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #2424 on: May 16, 2022, 09:30:45 PM »

Why is this some supposed to be this disqualifying thing? Are we just going to lump anybody who attended the march that day into the same group as those who violently stormed their way into the capital?

Yes, especially if they marched with the Proud Boys, a literal fascist street gang.

Based on the picture it's completely unclear she even knows who they are lol.

Lmao there's no bottom
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies