PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:52:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 284074 times)
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« on: January 11, 2021, 04:04:06 PM »

You’ve jinxed it!
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 05:42:33 PM »

Wasn't Lamb's house seat closer than people expected?

He's also of the age where he could easily jump to another state wide office later on, or just retire and wait for it to come up...

Lamb should try and go for AG when Shapiro (hopefully) is elected Governor.

Too much of a downgrade for Lamb. I assume he'd only take that post as a last resort.

Why do you consider it a downgrade for lamb?
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 11:21:21 PM »

If anything Kenney might be good for Fetterman. Split a little bit of the Southeast PA vote/establishment vote
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 01:09:20 AM »

I went to college in Boston and socialized quite a bit with folks at Harvard, and I’m genuinely confused by this “Harvard makes you out of touch with working people” idea. Granted it was quite some time ago, but I found virtually all of them to be genuinely good and well-meaning people, many from modest backgrounds who viewed their place at Harvard as being a big deal for their families and a major reason why they believed their futures would be brighter than their pasts.

I’m sure there were plenty of trust-fund children, legacy admissions, and students outright bribed in, and I’m sure that the cost of education/student loan nonsense of today has changed some things, but it’s broadly generalistic and out of touch in its own right to suggest that a Harvard education makes one unable to understand the issues of working families.

But, but fox said Harvard bad! Coaster elitism!!! Rich! Harvard make people Kennedy!
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 12:36:50 AM »

Just a wonderful candidate. Enthusiastically endorsed, obviously.

My only regret is that I have but one endorsement to give.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 12:08:53 AM »

See they've already begun messaging against Fetterman to paint him as an out of touch elitest.

This ad is just so weird. Like it’s just the two pictures and it looks like the captions got swapped. Like seriously even the word play works better in reverse. Common Man Fetterman vs Coastal Elite Costello.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 02:57:33 AM »

If the DSCC backs Lamb it would signify my point of no return with the Democratic Party. There's a difference between principled centrism and blatant moderate heroism like the crap you see with Sinema and Lamb.

Cartwright is fine. He's a man of courage and convictions and I can get behind him. I can even get behind Houlahan - a moderate through and through, but one with principles. Georgia has proven that we don't need Conor Lambs or Kyrsten Sinemas to compete in hostile territory.

But what about having McCain MavericksTM moderate suburbanites just love McCain MavericksTM? Chuck Schumer told me that and it worked so well for us in North Carolina and Maine and Iowa and Alaska and...
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 09:11:35 PM »

The first gay man senator being a black man is really stellar
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 08:45:29 PM »

If you thought Markey vs. Kennedy was ugly, Kenyatta vs. Fetterman is just getting started (have fun with that, PA Dems):

Oh boy this is gonna be gross.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 09:54:37 AM »

That man is a filthy liar, get him in the senate!
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 01:13:33 PM »

Arkoosh seems like she’d be better building a base to run for a statewide office like auditor or treasurer  then senate
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2021, 01:52:49 PM »

The Fetterman=Bryce comparisons are very lazy, are you just looking at them and assuming they're similar because of their build and perhaps some of their rhetoric? Otherwise I see literally no reason, Fetterman and Bryce are very different in just about everyway they could be.

Except they’re really not all that different...

No? Randy Bryce was just a guy who was a perennial failed candidate with a light criminal record.

John Fetterman is a longtime Mayor and the current sitting Lieutenant Governor. They are in no way similar. This is very lazy analysis.

What do you mean? They are both working class presenting middle aged men with facial hair from Midwestern swing states. They’re practically identical!
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2021, 02:24:07 PM »

I can’t wait for the hideous fallout if democrats loose this election.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2021, 11:09:38 PM »

Why, other than Fetterman pulling a gun on a Black jogger, because he is a white male and he appeals to the WWC in Middle Pennsylvania and the Pittsburgh suburbs?

The Dems look foolish with the "should we nominate the white guy or the person of color, or etc." Identity politics shouldn't be the No. 1 criteria.....

Kenyatta win the nomination and looses
"This is what the democratic party gets for nominated a gay black leftist!!!! Burn the progressive branch!"

Fetterman wins the nomination looses
"See!! The neoliberal (!?) old generic "woke" establishment white guy shtick cost us a seat again! Burn the establishment wing!"

both claims are incredible overgeneralizations but I could see something similar being thrown around
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2021, 04:05:25 PM »

Why, other than Fetterman pulling a gun on a Black jogger, because he is a white male and he appeals to the WWC in Middle Pennsylvania and the Pittsburgh suburbs?

The Dems look foolish with the "should we nominate the white guy or the person of color, or etc." Identity politics shouldn't be the No. 1 criteria.....

Kenyatta win the nomination and looses
"This is what the democratic party gets for nominated a gay black leftist!!!! Burn the progressive branch!"

Fetterman wins the nomination looses
"See!! The neoliberal (!?) old generic "woke" establishment white guy shtick cost us a seat again! Burn the establishment wing!"

both claims are incredible overgeneralizations but I could see something similar being thrown around

Fetterman isn't establishment though - he's also positioning himself as part of the progressive wing (admittedly, with a blind spot on environmental issues), and in his past campaigns he's always been an insurgent candidate / he has poor relationships with party leadership. The establishment mantle would be held by whomever of Dean / Houlahan / Lamb runs; Arkoosh is also running as a more typical establishment candidate but not sure how much of a player she'll be.

As for the general election liability question - I agree Fetterman is a huge one. Not because he's "establishment" or "leftist" (or because he's white, obviously), but because he's trying to appeal to a group of voters (Obama-Trump WWC) that is largely gone for the party, while taking positions / stylizing himself in such a way that could alienate the more important demos (Philly-area POC + suburban voters). Not saying those voters won't like him by and large, but if their turnout is down even a little, or even a small portion swings against him, that's game over in this extremely close state.

I didn’t claim they were reasonable claims, but democrats are experts at yelling at each other when they loose, look at the aftermath of the 2020 and 2018 senate, and the 2020 house elections. Right or wrong it’s something they always do, and if it costs us a senate seat or even the balance of the senate you’re gonna see people making a lot of baseless anger induced claims
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 10:11:35 PM »

I know as a more liberal site then not we mostly going to be talking about the dem primary but is there really no reps of note running or rumored of running?

I’ve heard Reschenthaler has been rumored to run, but I haven’t heard anything about him recently.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2021, 01:02:41 PM »

That’s a lame announcement video, certainly not indicative of a candidate who’s likely to attract a ton of crossover appeal. Much like the R field for OH-SEN, I find the Democrats' bench here (especially Lamb, but also Fetterman) to be fairly unimpressive/overrated, especially given how dominant the two parties have been in their respective states (at the local level, at least). Really think the margins in both races (and most other competitive races, to be fair) will be near-identical to Biden's approval-dispproval spread.

You should see the video of the same announcement, but in Spanish. It's major Beto O'Rourke vibes:

“Pensilvania”

That’s like calling Oaxaca “Wahacka”
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2021, 12:11:23 AM »

“Pensilvania”

That’s like calling Oaxaca “Wahacka”

Um, you do know places can have different spelling in different languages, right?

I mean they can but generally speaking if you’re a resident of a place you call it by the name on the sign. Even when speaking people tend to blend in the English with the Spanish. It just doesn’t make much of sense to say “Pensilvania” as it is literally the same pronunciation as “Pensilvania”. If it was “Nueva York” or “Carolina del Sur” then it’s make sense cause they’re actually language difference.

Also the reverse side of things most American maps of Mexico don’t label states and “Southern South California” or “Saint Louis of Petosi”, most places nowadays are globally called what they’re called by locals*

*(expect for when the non-local term is so embedded it’s basically impossible to remove (German, Greek, Lisbon etc.)
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2021, 11:16:17 PM »

And this point I’m worried a competitive and expensive primary will cost us this seat (see 2016)
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2021, 05:24:15 PM »

Fight! Fight! Fight!
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2021, 05:49:05 PM »

"This won't change the fact that he is going to be the next Senator from Pennsylvania."

-SnowLabrador, probably soon.

Don’t you see? Obviously his wife is a paid political actor who went undercover marrying him to throw dirt in him!
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2021, 11:12:50 AM »

Fight! fight! fight!
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2021, 03:53:27 PM »

Watch Trump bully him into staying in the race
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2021, 02:59:19 PM »

B list celebrities 🤝 The Republican Party

Name a more famous duo
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2021, 03:13:14 PM »

Atleast with Carson he was actually a top tier surgeon, not a pseudoscience peddler
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies