PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:34:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 288939 times)
UncleSam

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2375 on: May 15, 2022, 08:53:45 PM »

The white working class voted for Tom wolf not Fetterman who has no general election accomplishment at all.

Cope and seethe
The "Articulate" Left at work here

It's not our fault your candidate is the worst Senate candidate in recent memory.

Ah, yes. That idiot exists - can't believe that was almost 5 years ago.

Considering everything Lamb is probably the worst Democratic Senate candidate in recent memory. I thought he was grossly overrated from the get-go but holy f**k I did not expect him to go that far

Mandela Barnes, Alan Grayson, and Cal Cunningham say hi
Cal Cunningham was perfectly fine, if he hadn't gotten caught until after the election he probably would've outrun the top of the ticket and won. Even after getting caught, he ran essentially even with Biden. Don't see how that is a 'weak' candidate.

I'd also argue that not voting for somebody due to that person having a consensual affair is a really stupid reason to change your vote. But unfortunately that is the society we live in and yes he should've known better (or gotten luckier).

As for Barnes and Grayson - neither has even won a primary yet or been a nominee. Don't see how we can declare them to be terrible candidates just yet.

I'd argue the objective worst D candidate in recent memory is Sara Gideon, who managed to lose by 8 while Biden was winning her state by 9. Even Strickland didn't get outrun by the top of the ticket by 17 points.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2376 on: May 15, 2022, 09:11:51 PM »

The white working class voted for Tom wolf not Fetterman who has no general election accomplishment at all.

Cope and seethe

It's not our fault your candidate is the worst Senate candidate in recent memory.

Considering everything Lamb is probably the worst Democratic Senate candidate in recent memory. I thought he was grossly overrated from the get-go but holy f**k I did not expect him to go that far

Cal Cunningham was perfectly fine, if he hadn't gotten caught until after the election he probably would've outrun the top of the ticket and won. Even after getting caught, he ran essentially even with Biden. Don't see how that is a 'weak' candidate.

I'd also argue that not voting for somebody due to that person having a consensual affair is a really stupid reason to change your vote. But unfortunately that is the society we live in and yes he should've known better (or gotten luckier).

As for Barnes and Grayson - neither has even won a primary yet or been a nominee. Don't see how we can declare them to be terrible candidates just yet.

I'd argue the objective worst D candidate in recent memory is Sara Gideon, who managed to lose by 8 while Biden was winning her state by 9. Even Strickland didn't get outrun by the top of the ticket by 17 points.

Idk if that was because Gideon was particularly bad or because Collins was particularly strong.

The actual worst: Nebraska Democrat Chris Janicek. It got no attention because the race was always Safe R, but he was the nominee against Ben Sasse and was disavowed by the state party over harassment allegations.
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #2377 on: May 15, 2022, 09:27:34 PM »

Hoping the big dude makes a swift recovery.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2378 on: May 15, 2022, 09:49:03 PM »

Cope and seethe

I don't see how having more affairs would have been a vote-winner.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2379 on: May 15, 2022, 10:02:54 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2022, 10:06:07 PM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Wall »

I would say both. Collins was a strong candidate.

At the same time, Gideon and the DSCC basically ran a campaign that appealed to #Resistance Twitter and nobody else. Northern New England - especially Maine - is a very parochial, insular region. Gideon imported nearly her entire campaign from Washington, DC. Ticket-splitting still matters up here, and you can't just scream "orange man bad" over and over again and expect to win. Gideon's campaign was almost totally devoid of kitchen-table issues and mostly tied Collins to Trump. For all the talk after 2020 about the left only appealing to their section of Twitter activists, the Democrats are awfully unwilling to practice what they preach.

(I do think you can make an argument for Gideon, FWIW. But I think with what he's done and the political calculations he's made this cycle, Lamb has fallen the farthest from expectations.)
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #2380 on: May 16, 2022, 01:16:50 AM »

I would say both. Collins was a strong candidate.

At the same time, Gideon and the DSCC basically ran a campaign that appealed to #Resistance Twitter and nobody else. Northern New England - especially Maine - is a very parochial, insular region. Gideon imported nearly her entire campaign from Washington, DC. Ticket-splitting still matters up here, and you can't just scream "orange man bad" over and over again and expect to win. Gideon's campaign was almost totally devoid of kitchen-table issues and mostly tied Collins to Trump. For all the talk after 2020 about the left only appealing to their section of Twitter activists, the Democrats are awfully unwilling to practice what they preach.

(I do think you can make an argument for Gideon, FWIW. But I think with what he's done and the political calculations he's made this cycle, Lamb has fallen the farthest from expectations.)

Also, Don't forget Lisa Savage was in the race and got 4.95% and almost all of her voters second prefed Gideon so Collins won by about 3-4% actually, Savage's vote share kind of distorts how well Collins did.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2381 on: May 16, 2022, 07:26:38 AM »

Cope and seethe

Friend, the tyrannical mods removed my previous post, but it was to the effect that you are correct in refusing to waste valuable typing time responding to cheerleaders of the Dem. establishment who give you snark and insinuate that you are an idiot.  "Articulate left".  BAH!  Why does one need to articulate about a primary where one candidate is about to win by like 40 points. 
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2382 on: May 16, 2022, 08:40:40 AM »

I get we're in a heated primary battle, but these favs #s AMONG GOP PRIMARY VOTERS are just terrible for all 3 of them, especially Barnette, who has no reason to have that much of an unfav b/c shes only been hit in the last week!

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2383 on: May 16, 2022, 08:42:39 AM »

Also, of note, that Barnette did not just fund buses to the insurrection, but she was actually there, walking with the Proud Boys on the way to the capital.

Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #2384 on: May 16, 2022, 09:06:50 AM »

Fetterman not doing a rally tomorrow night. If it is something more serious then it would be best if he dropped. Dems should be aware of deadlines...obviously Lamb would probably be the replacement and Dems need to know in a month if he'll be able to campaign.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2385 on: May 16, 2022, 09:22:04 AM »

SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2386 on: May 16, 2022, 09:23:56 AM »

I hope Barnette wins the primary. She's the only one Fetterman has a snowball's chance in hell of beating.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2387 on: May 16, 2022, 10:03:50 AM »

xavier110
United States
« Reply #2388 on: May 16, 2022, 11:27:51 AM »

Fetterman not doing a rally tomorrow night. If it is something more serious then it would be best if he dropped. Dems should be aware of deadlines...obviously Lamb would probably be the replacement and Dems need to know in a month if he'll be able to campaign.

The dude just had a stroke. Even if it had been a mild one, I wouldn’t be exerting myself at all for a week or more.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2389 on: May 16, 2022, 01:28:06 PM »

Why is this some supposed to be this disqualifying thing? Are we just going to lump anybody who attended the march that day into the same group as those who violently stormed their way into the capital?
With you in spirit
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2390 on: May 16, 2022, 01:29:03 PM »

Why is this some supposed to be this disqualifying thing? Are we just going to lump anybody who attended the march that day into the same group as those who violently stormed their way into the capital?

Yes, especially if they marched with the Proud Boys, a literal fascist street gang.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2391 on: May 16, 2022, 01:30:16 PM »

Yes, both peacefully and violently protesting to overturn an election are disqualifying.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2392 on: May 16, 2022, 01:36:50 PM »

Yes, both peacefully and violently protesting to overturn an election are disqualifying.

He really thought he did something there. I just-
xavier110
United States
« Reply #2393 on: May 16, 2022, 01:37:33 PM »

We have really fallen as a country if this is debatable.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2394 on: May 16, 2022, 01:39:09 PM »

Yes, especially if they marched with the Proud Boys, a literal fascist street gang.

Based on the picture it's completely unclear she even knows who they are lol.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2395 on: May 16, 2022, 01:39:56 PM »

Based on the picture it's completely unclear she even knows who they are lol.

Given her history, that is not a benefit of the doubt she gets.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2396 on: May 16, 2022, 01:40:29 PM »

The funniest part about this primary is that if Ryan Costello did end up running, he would barely be getting 10% right now.
With you in spirit
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2397 on: May 16, 2022, 01:41:32 PM »

The funniest part about this primary is that if Ryan Costello did end up running, he would barely be getting 10% right now.

1%*
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2398 on: May 16, 2022, 02:45:32 PM »

I get we're in a heated primary battle, but these favs #s AMONG GOP PRIMARY VOTERS are just terrible for all 3 of them, especially Barnette, who has no reason to have that much of an unfav b/c shes only been hit in the last week!

I'd love to see a poll of Oz's favorability amongst all PA voters. I'd imagine it's pretty ugly.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2399 on: May 16, 2022, 03:00:27 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2022, 03:04:48 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

This is gonna be a razor thin margin in PA and NC its gonna be close and Ryan is not gonna be blown out by 20 but we don't know about WI because there isn't any poll but that's why I want NC and OH and PA as wave insurances

I find it Hilarious just because Trump won OH by nine users without any poll believe Ryan is gonna lose by not 5 but 20 and Vance and Oz and Budd are political newcomers, regardless they're gonna get Kenneth Blackwell numbers in Afro Americans whereas DeWine has a net fav with Afro Americans, and Beasley is tied and Cunningham lost by 0.5 and users think NC is OHIO

Established GOP don't win Afro Americans but level the play field like Toomey, Burr or Portman or DeWine
.these are also Trump endorsed candidate which make it worse for Afro Americans due to Insurrectionists
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies