Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 01:31:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 349381 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2900 on: October 30, 2021, 10:42:57 PM »

Please do not repeat false narratives about NSV that stem from misunderstandings about how he posts. You are a moderator, you ought to know better.
P.S. 346 Non-Swing Voter posts in a thread that has been up for almost as many days is not special or excessive.
(Convenient how you cite these statistics in this way when you leave out the fact this is a period of time stretching all the way back to mere days after Joe Biden was elected)

The vast majority of his posts have been within the last 2-3 months. If you had used search, you would have known that. You shouldn't tut-tut people when you don't really know what you're talking about.

You know very well that I deleted most of my posts when I retired a couple years ago.  I didn't delete some longer threads because you asked nicely that I not.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2901 on: October 30, 2021, 10:43:48 PM »

You know very well that I deleted most of my posts when I retired a couple years ago.  I didn't delete some longer threads because you asked nicely that I not.

In this thread, NSV.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2902 on: October 30, 2021, 10:46:14 PM »

In this thread, NSV.

Regardless, it would be nice if you as a moderator were more concerned with Matty's multiple posts wishing for violence as you are about the number of posts I've made in one thread.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2903 on: October 30, 2021, 10:49:15 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2021, 10:53:03 PM by Southern Delegate Punxsutawney Phil »

Please do not repeat false narratives about NSV that stem from misunderstandings about how he posts. You are a moderator, you ought to know better.
P.S. 346 Non-Swing Voter posts in a thread that has been up for almost as many days is not special or excessive.
(Convenient how you cite these statistics in this way when you leave out the fact this is a period of time stretching all the way back to mere days after Joe Biden was elected)

The vast majority of his posts have been within the last 2-3 months. If you had used search, you would have known that. You shouldn't tut-tut people when you don't really know what you're talking about.
NSV has been most active when this thread has been most active, and his posts are barely 10% of the entire thread's total. And this is an omnibus thread for all the VA statewide races - exactly the only kind of topic he posts about.
My point still stands.
EDIT: Should add that he's also a Virginian and it's not surprising that a Virginian might express interest in an election in their own state.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2904 on: October 30, 2021, 10:49:50 PM »

Regardless, it would be nice if you as a moderator were more concerned with Matty's multiple posts wishing for violence as you are about the number of posts I've made in one thread.

The entire reason I responded is because you sat there blaming the thread's craziness on other users when you are literally flooding this thread with hundreds of posts, responding to practically everything, arguing with people, et al. Needs to stop, and from the PMs I've gotten and posts I've seen on here and on TE Q&A board, other people also want the same. Please dial it back, in all respects.

If matty is rude to you or others, feel free to report the posts, and we'll deal with those.

I don't have anything more to say, so respond if you wish but I'm done and do not wish to derail the thread away from the election discussion any further.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2905 on: October 30, 2021, 10:52:09 PM »

The entire reason I responded is because you sat there blaming the thread's craziness on other users when you are literally flooding this thread with hundreds of posts, responding to practically everything, arguing with people, et al. Needs to stop, and from the PMs I've gotten and posts I've seen on here and on TE Q&A board, other people also want the same. Please dial it back, in all respects.

If matty is rude to you or others, feel free to report the posts, and we'll deal with those.

I don't have anything more to say, so feel free to respond but I'm done and do not wish to derail the thread away from the election discussion any further.

NSW aside.. I shouldn't  be blamed for the current Virginia situation on Atlas.

It is funny though that users can't admit I was right all along.

But in NSV defense, Matty is the one who said this would flip over Afghanistan, which is a bone headed idea. Romney and McCain campaigned as more hawkish  and lost the state.

Tmac may lose due to his bad campaign, bidens poor approvals, and a few local issues.

But a split, the first since 2005, is possible.. if not probable.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2906 on: October 30, 2021, 10:53:23 PM »

I don't have anything more to say, so respond if you wish but I'm done and do not wish to derail the thread away from the election discussion any further.

He wasn't "rude" to me.  This again distorts the situation.  He made a wish of literal physical violence.  I am done explaining the difference.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2907 on: October 30, 2021, 11:05:15 PM »

I am getting sick and tired.. is he going to wear those stupid light jackets and fleeces in office as well if he is elected?Huh
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2908 on: October 30, 2021, 11:08:17 PM »

I am getting sick and tired.. is he going to wear those stupid light jackets and fleeces in office as well if he is elected?Huh
This picture is pretty funny out of context. I don't know why. It seems he's not happy with the gas pump or something.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2909 on: October 30, 2021, 11:13:20 PM »

This race has taught me what a short-term memory the average voter really does have. The idea that Republicans are the champions of Education after spending the last 30 years mocking the idea that teachers deserve a raise or that Public Schools deserve more funding. It's just laughable that they are about to make this a winning issue and I'm not sure if it's reflective of how fickle voters are or how truly abysmal the Democratic party is at messaging.

I hate it whenever education becomes political. Most politicians quickly show how shallow their understanding of it is, and how little they know about what actually happens in classrooms. Either way, both parts of your last sentence are true.

You teachers were just hiding behind a zoom camera for over a year while millions of Americans had to work and face to virus directly. From health care to retail.

There is a reason you teachers are not looking good now.

Forget about the critical race theory that is fake news, literally...  There are substantial problems with educators and teachers unions now that are probably going to cost Democrats another state.

I’ve generally tried to be understanding, since I know you’re not happy about how this race is going right not, but that’s an extremely unfair thing to say to teachers. “Hiding behind a zoom camera”? I had to work my butt off to create entirely new curriculum to make it work for remote education, knowing that it was no substitute for in-person learning but was the best that we could do. It was extremely stressful, disheartening, and was overall more work than the previous year. It was not a vacation, not at all.

There are legitimate problems with our education system, yes, and we almost always have to bear the brunt of public opinion despite the fact that our hands are often tied, but most educators are very overworked, care deeply about their students, and are trying their hardest to deal with unprecedented times. The least you can offer is a bit of empathy.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2910 on: October 30, 2021, 11:14:51 PM »

This thread, it seems, has become an absolute disaster. But the election is near, and we will soon be past this.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2911 on: October 30, 2021, 11:18:13 PM »

Imagine getting this worked up over fleece.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2912 on: October 30, 2021, 11:47:13 PM »

Not at all discussed here is how T-Mac did not press the abortion issue.  Virginians don't want whack-job conservatives restricting abortion rights a la Texas.  He should have played this issue.  "Pro life" is a terrible stand to take in Virginia and T-Mac is an unabashed pro-lifer.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #2913 on: October 30, 2021, 11:54:47 PM »

I don't have anything more to say, so feel free to respond but I'm done and do not wish to derail the thread away from the election discussion any further.

NSW aside.. I shouldn't  be blamed for the current Virginia situation on Atlas.

It is funny though that users can't admit I was right all along.

But in NSV defense, Matty is the one who said this would flip over Afghanistan, which is a bone headed idea. Romney and McCain campaigned as more hawkish  and lost the state.

Tmac may lose due to his bad campaign, bidens poor approvals, and a few local issues.

But a split, the first since 2005, is possible.. if not probable.

Very smart to declare this before the election results.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2914 on: October 30, 2021, 11:55:41 PM »

Not at all discussed here is how T-Mac did not press the abortion issue.  Virginians don't want whack-job conservatives restricting abortion rights a la Texas.  He should have played this issue.  "Pro life" is a terrible stand to take in Virginia and T-Mac is an unabashed pro-lifer.
I assume you meant to type "Youngkin is an unabashed pro-lifer". But what you said sounds accurate to how VA voters see things.
Abortion is a pretty obvious angle of attack for someone like T-Mac, he even milked it like crazy back in 2013. He had the chance to milk it again, but chose not to.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2915 on: October 31, 2021, 12:04:03 AM »

I assume you meant to type "Youngkin is an unabashed pro-lifer". But what you said sounds accurate to how VA voters see things.
Abortion is a pretty obvious angle of attack for someone like T-Mac, he even milked it like crazy back in 2013. He had the chance to milk it again, but chose not to.

Yeah that was a typo.  I meant Youngkin is.  He's pretending he's not pro-life anti-gay marriage.  But he's admitted it quietly. 

I don't know what T-Mac is doing to be honest.  It's a really uninspired campaign. 

He could have brought up his response to Charlottesville.  Youngkin being a disingenuous billionaire.  Youngkin's crazy abortion position.  The insurrection.   But no, he just keeps mentioning Trump over and over again.  Yes we in Virginia hate Trump.  He's a piece of S***.  But that's already baked into the equation.

There was a really good ad 4 years ago from the Northam campaign about Gillespie that basically talked about all the lobbying work he did and money he got from companies (I think Enron) and then it ended with "He's not fighting for you."  Really effective.  I still remember it to this day.  The only thing I remember about T-Mac ads is they all talk about Trump.  Don't get me wrong, I still think T-Mac wins.  He just could have done a bit better over the last 2 weeks.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2916 on: October 31, 2021, 12:13:19 AM »

Oh look... T-mac - maybe you should have put this in your ads dumb dumb?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2917 on: October 31, 2021, 12:28:58 AM »

I'm starting to wonder if T-Mac somehow believes that the main field onto which the governorship is being fought is Twitter.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2918 on: October 31, 2021, 12:40:25 AM »

He probably wont win but I am hoping and thinking dems win down ballot.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2919 on: October 31, 2021, 12:41:59 AM »

I'm starting to wonder if T-Mac somehow believes that the main field onto which the governorship is being fought is Twitter.

Actually he has been barnstorming the state and drawing fairly big crowds.  But that's all getting lost in the school board nonsense which literally no-one expect partisan activists actually cares about.  But he has not had great ads.  He had a good abortion ad right after the Texas thing but since then they haven't been good.  I'd say that's the biggest flaw in his campaign.  Everything else is fine.  Youngkin is still very unlikable and his campaign hasn't been good.  He's just pumping millions of dollars into it and people are congratulating him as if he's a genius.  No actually, pouring a ton of money into a smallish state can work.  But it's not going to be enough.  I am not at all worried about T-Mac pulling this off.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2920 on: October 31, 2021, 06:46:44 AM »

It's getting even worse, when you see the video.

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2921 on: October 31, 2021, 09:05:32 AM »

Bro there's trashing a poll and then saying its a psuedo internal

Anyway its fairly obvious they screwed up immensely in Arizona and that is why they took so long to call Nevada. Perhaps a bit too long but Arizona had the most garbage data analysis involved

The President(Trump) says he needs 61% of the remaining 870k. However that isn't possible as we only estimate he will get 44%.

Fact: He actually got 60% of the remaining vote.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #2922 on: October 31, 2021, 09:32:33 AM »

I see we moved on from dozens of posts calling a real news story "spam" to dozens of posts debating whether those dozens of posts were spam.

[picture of Youngkin in a fleece]

Have you ever met a hedge fund employee? He's going to be wearing one of them every day until he dies. They'll bury him in it, too.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2923 on: October 31, 2021, 09:36:16 AM »

The ads that McAuliffe has been putting out with Obama have been hitting the abortion issue, but I agree, T-Mac's main final points should just be that Youngkin would turn back the clock on all of the progress VA has made the last 4 years. That seems like the most galvanizing and salient way of putting things
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #2924 on: October 31, 2021, 09:36:39 AM »

If Youngkin wins, we need to take a hard look at this
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies