Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:21:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 340191 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: January 07, 2021, 05:40:20 PM »

Candi King (D) beat Heather Mitchell (R) in a special election for HD-02 on Jan 5th, caused by Foy resigning to focus on her gubernatorial run.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/virginia-voters-choosing-successors-to-former-delegates-in-special-election/2021/01/05/e604a864-4ee0-11eb-bda4-615aaefd0555_story.html

King, a program assistant for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and a former aide to state Sens. L. Louise Lucas (D-Portsmouth) and Lionell Spruill Sr. (D-Chesapeake), won with 51.49 percent of the vote to Mitchell’s 48.4 percent, according to unofficial results.

It was a closer outcome than Carroll Foy’s victories by large margins in 2017 and 2019, but one that nevertheless solidified Democratic control in a district that has been at the center of a blue wave sweeping through Virginia, giving Democrats control of the General Assembly in 2019.

Republicans nearly flipped a district that went for Clinton by 20 points and Biden by 30. Foy won by 21 points in 2019.

The first of what will be many disappointing elections by Democrats until 2024 at least, if history is any guide.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 08:56:14 PM »

Maybe up in Fake Virginia he is... but in the rest of the state, his policies are more in line with public & more helpful and attractive.

right, gotcha - any region that doesn't support Republicans = "fake"
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 02:33:01 PM »

Question:

In 2020, did gop congressional candidates significantly outrun Trump in VA?

Biden beat T by 10+ in VA

What was the house margin in va?

Significantly.

51.99% D to 47.23% R
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 11:04:44 AM »

It used to be said that VA had a preference for voting for governor the opposite of the party that controlled the WH (until 2013), but personally I think that was just a coincidence helped by VA being competitive enough and the "out party" performing better as usual because Americans tend to just mindlessly blame whoever is in charge for their woes.

Still, it doesn't mean Democrats won't pay a penalty this year for a (currently) unpopular Dem president weighing them down. OTOH, the Democratic coalition absorbing so many suburban professional class voters does give it an ideal coalition for off-year/midterm elections. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 08:27:25 PM »

Scratching my head as to how this post by Matty pertains to McAuliffe or Youngkin.

Well, a major part of American elections is politicians taking bad things that happen in society and trying to pin it on their political opponents as if they were the sole reason for it, and vice versa for good things.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 10:00:31 PM »

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 09:14:25 AM »

#1, and not particularly close

Also note that the Turnout option is connected to #1
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2021, 08:53:21 PM »

With all due respect to those involved, please stop the following:

1. Arguing back and forth incessantly over multiple pages of the thread

2. If you have to quote a post that has already multiple quotes deep, please do everyone a favor and remove the excess quotes. I do this almost every time I quote someone with even just a few, because I don't want to blot out the sun with the wall of quotes my post would otherwise make.

3. Sucking the oxygen out of the thread by responding to every single post

If this thread keeps getting derailed for multiple pages with arguments or walls of quotes from the same users, I'm going to start issuing thread bans. I'm not going to go back and prune any posts seeing as I'm late to the game here, but from here on out, don't expect any more warnings. Arguments and posts with walls of quotes will be edited, or removed entirely if the users keep doing it.

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2021, 11:07:24 AM »

Post statistics for this thread, first 25 users, highest post count to lowest:

This thread does have issues, and it's not BigSerg
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2021, 11:22:56 AM »

It's outrageous that this is the concern rather than this:

A moderator deleted that post last night at 7pm, within 10 minutes of it being posted. You're free to report other posts that violate the ToS.

But you also need to chill out and stop flooding this thread with responses to literally everything, including hostile posts towards other users and other people who have different opinions than you. We all get it, you think the polls are wrong and Virginia will continue to vote Democratic. You don't need to keep restating it and throwing shade at people who disagree. You've been doing variations of this for 14 pages worth of posts!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2021, 10:38:15 PM »

Please do not repeat false narratives about NSV that stem from misunderstandings about how he posts. You are a moderator, you ought to know better.
P.S. 346 Non-Swing Voter posts in a thread that has been up for almost as many days is not special or excessive.
(Convenient how you cite these statistics in this way when you leave out the fact this is a period of time stretching all the way back to mere days after Joe Biden was elected)

The vast majority of his posts have been within the last 2-3 months. If you had used search, you would have known that. You shouldn't tut-tut people when you don't really know what you're talking about.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2021, 10:43:48 PM »

You know very well that I deleted most of my posts when I retired a couple years ago.  I didn't delete some longer threads because you asked nicely that I not.

In this thread, NSV.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2021, 10:49:50 PM »

Regardless, it would be nice if you as a moderator were more concerned with Matty's multiple posts wishing for violence as you are about the number of posts I've made in one thread.

The entire reason I responded is because you sat there blaming the thread's craziness on other users when you are literally flooding this thread with hundreds of posts, responding to practically everything, arguing with people, et al. Needs to stop, and from the PMs I've gotten and posts I've seen on here and on TE Q&A board, other people also want the same. Please dial it back, in all respects.

If matty is rude to you or others, feel free to report the posts, and we'll deal with those.

I don't have anything more to say, so respond if you wish but I'm done and do not wish to derail the thread away from the election discussion any further.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2021, 11:37:41 AM »

ANYWAY... this is a good point.

Northam objectively got a LOT done in his 4 years, and moved the state forward in a lot of ways. That's what's confusing to me about Northam/Biden-Youngkin voters. Northam actually delivered, so while Biden is being stymied a bit by congress, locally in Virginia there's been a lot done! But you wouldn't know that given some of these interviews.

https://twitter.com/gmoomaw/status/1455171425170493440

That's because voters are by and large ignorant and easily manipulated by media and their preferred party's rhetoric. It's not even that voters are all around stupid or anything - lots of voters are intelligent in certain areas/professions, but they aren't exactly political/election geniuses and to the extent they actually keep up with it,  it's just bits and pieces here and there, and/or nothing but a hardcore diet of brazenly partisan talking points and slanted news designed to convince them of things that might not even be true, which they happily lap up because it confirms many of their preexisting opinions. And woe are the biennial party switchers who ebb and flow with the national mood, who don't really have super nuanced opinions and just tie all their political opinions to whatever their opinion of the president is, because of course that is a sound way to pick lawmakers.

As for TMac's campaign, I'm sure if Biden was popular and he romped to a win with all the other Democrats, everyone would say what an expert campaign he ran and how all his decisions were above average in their ingenuity. And of course if he loses with Biden being unpopular, he of course ran the worst campaign in recent memory and fell prey to the electoral titan that is Glenn Youngkin. It's the same routine thing every 2 years.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2021, 05:07:25 PM »

Everything about this is insane obviously, but imagine with all of the things going on right now - and how media claims everyday people are so worried about inflation and rising gas prices, etc. - that this man truly thinks the most PRESSING issue of the entire state of Virginia is CRT.

This is the epitome of how mindbogglingly stupid American politics has become. CRT is the most important issue hands down, but also, what is CRT? The reason it's so important is because they were told that it was the most important, and they integrated that into their belief system, which is just a jumbled mess of a few things they've grown to dislike through experience, many, many more things they've been told to dislike. This old man must really be a team player and just wants to make sure he is on record hating all the same thing his team hates.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2023, 07:36:42 PM »

oof, no spending limits in legislative races too

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2023, 03:14:16 PM »

Hallelujah!

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2023, 07:21:05 AM »

As for consensual sex work, someone who engages in that sort of behavior not out of genuine necessity or to survive, but simply because they see it as an acceptable way to make some extra cash clearly doesn’t share my values.

To be fair, it really seems like they made sex tapes because they are horny and kinky AF, not for the money. This was a high-income married couple. Whatever they made on Chaturbate was most definitely pocket change compared to their incomes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies