Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:18:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 339500 times)
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« on: June 08, 2021, 06:32:07 PM »

Lee Carter is losing his House primary too.

Hmm Delicious
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 07:23:25 PM »

I know Lee Carter is a DSAer, but is there any reason beyond that that Atlas doesn't seem to like him much? I haven't really been following what he's been up to.

He's extremely annoying on twitter and spends more time there than being a representative
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 07:37:04 PM »

Bye this is so stupid. Being a delegate made him miserable... so that's why he decided to run for re-election as well as pursue a hopeless gubernatorial election.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 02:17:21 PM »

Also why did Ibraheem Samirah lose his primary?
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 05:13:00 PM »

Won't be surprised if T Mac wins by low double digits
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 06:29:07 PM »

The whole poll should be taken with a big grain of salt. Biden only like +4/5 in favorability in a state he won by like ten points? A poll in Feb had his approval like 57-36. While a lot can change in four months, his approval dropping to like +4 for no reason is not realistic.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 06:38:43 PM »

For the record I dont think the poll is skewed towards Republicans, I just think it heavily underestimates DEM support.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 07:54:36 PM »

The last gubernatorial election heavily underestimated Northam and I won't be surprised if it happens again. I don't really care how polls over- or under-estimated Biden or Senators tho, those are pretty different races.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 01:21:40 PM »

The last gubernatorial election heavily underestimated Northam and I won't be surprised if it happens again. I don't really care how polls over- or under-estimated Biden or Senators tho, those are pretty different races.

Agreed on the senators and Biden, but the fact that McAuliffe himself was heavily overestimated in 2013 when running for the same office could be relevant here.

It is relevant, but it was 8 years ago, while the 2017 underestimation was more recent and imo more relevant
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2021, 12:57:48 PM »

Safe D remains safe D
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2021, 11:54:47 PM »

Regardless, it would be nice if you as a moderator were more concerned with Matty's multiple posts wishing for violence as you are about the number of posts I've made in one thread.

The entire reason I responded is because you sat there blaming the thread's craziness on other users when you are literally flooding this thread with hundreds of posts, responding to practically everything, arguing with people, et al. Needs to stop, and from the PMs I've gotten and posts I've seen on here and on TE Q&A board, other people also want the same. Please dial it back, in all respects.

If matty is rude to you or others, feel free to report the posts, and we'll deal with those.

I don't have anything more to say, so feel free to respond but I'm done and do not wish to derail the thread away from the election discussion any further.

NSW aside.. I shouldn't  be blamed for the current Virginia situation on Atlas.

It is funny though that users can't admit I was right all along.

But in NSV defense, Matty is the one who said this would flip over Afghanistan, which is a bone headed idea. Romney and McCain campaigned as more hawkish  and lost the state.

Tmac may lose due to his bad campaign, bidens poor approvals, and a few local issues.

But a split, the first since 2005, is possible.. if not probable.

Very smart to declare this before the election results.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2021, 02:06:27 PM »

Way too many conclusions are being drawn about this race on both sides.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2021, 02:16:34 PM »

Analyzing the outliers in the county is a great way to draw shaky conclusions.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2021, 01:51:05 PM »

A win is a win no matter what. A 2 point win is not "pathetic" or a loss. It's a win. Full stop.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2021, 02:58:33 PM »

It is obnoxious how much disproportionate attention Virginia gets, much like Iowa and the caucuses, despite really not even being interesting politically.

Proximity to the DC media + off year elections + competitive races do wonders for coverage.

If NJ was still a swing states like in the 80s/90s it would receive a ton of attention too

It's not.

Whether or not you (and NSV) believe the race is competitive, most of the world believes that it is, and that's what generates the attention.

Also a tip: you don't need to keep responding that way about the competitiveness of the race.  You've made your opinion extremely clear by now. Wink

I actually hate when someone is so adamant about a point they're making that they have to reiterate it in replies to people who aren't even talking to them. Like yes... you don't believe it's a competitive race... you only have to say it once!
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2021, 04:14:50 PM »

Jeez. Biden 43/56 = it's a close race, indeed.

*if exit polls are not totally off.

I HIGHLY doubt Biden has approvals comparable to Trump's in a state he won by 10 points.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2021, 04:19:21 PM »

Always take early exit polls with a grain of salt (showed easy Clinton win in 2016, Kerry win in 2004), but if they are accurate this looks like the Youngkin +5-10 R sweep scenario.  

Which is not happening.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2021, 04:26:14 PM »

didn't we just have approval numbers that had both McAuliffe and Youngkin both around +1 to -1?
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2021, 05:04:04 PM »

is there even a place called "nassau" in virginia?

This is long island, ny. This thread is for all elections
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2021, 07:11:59 PM »

Yeah Youngkin is probably gonna win. McAuliffe blew a winnable race.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2021, 07:17:50 PM »

Yeah Youngkin is probably gonna win. McAuliffe blew a winnable race.

Correction

The Dems who are currently still having a food fight in Washington blew a winnable race

McAuliffe still campaigned poorly. All he talked about was Trump, Trump, Trump, who's no longer President. Meanwhile Youngkin was able to distance himself and clearly energize voters.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2021, 07:30:39 PM »

Non Swing Voter, it was bad for us it was real bad for us.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2021, 07:47:20 PM »

Well not only is Youngkin most likely going to win, but unlike in California the votes to impeach them are not there.

The only solace in this is that the Virginia Democratic Party will soon die and allow for the Green/Liberation movement to grow as it has in West Virginia and more recently Ohio.

Yeah, and then pigs will fly. -
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2021, 08:01:11 PM »

Hopefully Northam makes Virginia gov. elections on Presidential years if he wants to help his party.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2021, 08:12:43 PM »

LOL at all the people on this forum who 1 - 2 days ago were on the "TMAC will win by 10" train.

literally who said that
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies