2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 06:30:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 743 744 745 [746] 747 748 749 750 751 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 656823 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18625 on: November 18, 2020, 07:27:16 PM »

Biden has flipped Broome and Rensselaer counties in New York.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #18626 on: November 18, 2020, 07:36:56 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2020, 07:44:59 PM by roxas11 »

Bruh, someone needs to tell this pube head haired rand paul lookin dude that it's over lol.

Red Eagle knows its over
heck in his election night video he was saying that Trump was in trouble and he was dismissing the idea that Trump had any chance based on what he was seeing on the map.    

What he is saying now is BS and he knows it
He simply making this silly content because it get him more clicks on his videos

As the old saying goes "There's a sucker born every minute" and Red Eagle has hit the jackpot by telling these Trump supporters whatever they want to hear lol
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #18627 on: November 18, 2020, 07:55:44 PM »

2016?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18628 on: November 18, 2020, 08:04:46 PM »

Trump won both counties. Broom by 2 points and Rensselaer by 1.4 points.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18629 on: November 18, 2020, 08:10:06 PM »

Where do you see these results? They're not updating on NYT.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18630 on: November 18, 2020, 08:10:37 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/nyregion/absentee-ballot-counting.html

Article on how s****y NY is at counting votes. It's really eye-opening.

The Bush v. Gore debacle forced Florida to do a massive overhaul, and now their election administration is one of the best in the country. Hopefully New York takes heed for 2022 and beyond.
NY has unfortunately been run by political machines since colonial times. Then, you combine the fact that New York has been a safe blue state for decades. So, there has been little impetuous to change our voting system.

Additionally, Republicans (and corrupt DINOs) controlled the New York State Senate from post-WWII until 2019. Those Republicans and DINOs didn't want to make it easier for people to vote.

Isn't NJ a machine state too? NJ is lightyears ahead of NY this year, thank god. The mess is only NY this year.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #18631 on: November 18, 2020, 08:10:56 PM »

I love the whole "thousands of votes found in Georgia" line that Republicans are using now. I thought "finding votes" was bad!

Here's Kayleigh McEnany making an ass out of herself too with this rhetoric:

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/status/1329170719972990979
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #18632 on: November 18, 2020, 08:12:38 PM »

So far, of the ballots dumped today from Ohio, Trump is now slightly leading Biden:

Trump +69,401
Biden +68,921

The margin on election night was 470,737, and now it's 471,217

So these are late mail in ballots and provisional? Surprising, but I guess it makes sense.
Yep, that's right.

I'm surprised the late mail-ins are skewing that GOP.

I mean, they aren't. Since Biden lost the state by 8 points or so, almost tying with the mail-ins does mean he's overperforming somewhat. Not as much as I'd expected/hoped though.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18633 on: November 18, 2020, 08:15:43 PM »

Where do you see these results? They're not updating on NYT.

Rensselaer has been updated on NYT and Broome on DDHQ.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18634 on: November 18, 2020, 08:16:38 PM »

What's going on with Atlas's PA results page?
n1240

« Reply #18635 on: November 18, 2020, 08:17:26 PM »

NY absentee update:

New results from following counties: Allegany, Nassau (partial), Putnam, Rensselaer.

Biden 259007 (74.0%)
Trump 85059 (24.3%)
Total 349957
Margin of 49.7%, average weighted final eday margin of Trump +2%, so average swing of 51.7%.

Excluding Monroe and Nassau:

Biden 92825 (72.2%)
Trump 33757 (26.2%)
Total 128639
Margin of 45.9%, averaged weighted final eday margin of Trump+11.1%, so average swing of 57.0%.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #18636 on: November 18, 2020, 08:49:15 PM »

The Bush v. Gore debacle forced Florida to do a massive overhaul, and now their election administration is one of the best in the country. Hopefully New York takes heed for 2022 and beyond.
NY has unfortunately been run by political machines since colonial times. Then, you combine the fact that New York has been a safe blue state for decades. So, there has been little impetuous to change our voting system.

Additionally, Republicans (and corrupt DINOs) controlled the New York State Senate from post-WWII until 2019. Those Republicans and DINOs didn't want to make it easier for people to vote.

Isn't NJ a machine state too? NJ is lightyears ahead of NY this year, thank god. The mess is only NY this year.
NJ isn't as big as NY State. Also, there is no city like NYC in New Jersey lol.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18637 on: November 18, 2020, 08:49:43 PM »

Binghamton Joe!
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18638 on: November 18, 2020, 08:55:01 PM »

NJ's counting has also been pretty bad this year. The NJ-07 race effectively only got resolved today.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18639 on: November 18, 2020, 09:04:01 PM »

So Biden might win 5 states by 1 million or more

California
New York
Illinois (maybe?)
Massachusetts
Maryland (maybe?)

Trump's best state looks like Tennessee at 700k or so.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18640 on: November 18, 2020, 09:19:21 PM »

At what time is Georgia supposed to finish the recount?
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18641 on: November 18, 2020, 09:24:52 PM »

California
New York
Illinois (maybe?)
Massachusetts
Maryland (maybe?)

Also note that Biden's margin in California is around 5 million.

This is kinda important, it shows how packed up Democratic voters really are, it's actually gotten worse since 2016.   It's now actually feasible to see the Democrats winning the popular vote by 4-5% and the Republicans still winning the Electoral College.

Is this really sustainable?   Would the government have real legitimacy with such a loopsided flipped result?   The elected National Leader winning significantly fewer votes than his opponent and still being elected to office? 

It sounds like a broken system to me.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #18642 on: November 18, 2020, 09:31:40 PM »

California
New York
Illinois (maybe?)
Massachusetts
Maryland (maybe?)

This is kinda important, it shows how packed up Democratic voters really are, it's actually gotten worse since 2016.   It's now actually feasible to see the Democrats winning the popular vote by 4-5% and the Republicans still winning the Electoral College.

Is this really sustainable?   Would the government have real legitimacy with such a loopsided flipped result?   The elected National Leader winning significantly fewer votes than his opponent and still being elected to office? 

California has trended a little R so I can see future republicans build on this.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18643 on: November 18, 2020, 09:32:54 PM »

At what time is Georgia supposed to finish the recount?
They finished the recount today. GA's SoS said that they will release the results tomorrow.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18644 on: November 18, 2020, 09:33:44 PM »

California
New York
Illinois (maybe?)
Massachusetts
Maryland (maybe?)

California has trended a little R so I can see future republicans build on this.
Not really lol. There's no hope for Republicans in California statewide for the foreseeable future.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #18645 on: November 18, 2020, 09:46:07 PM »

California
New York
Illinois (maybe?)
Massachusetts
Maryland (maybe?)

This is kinda important, it shows how packed up Democratic voters really are, it's actually gotten worse since 2016.   It's now actually feasible to see the Democrats winning the popular vote by 4-5% and the Republicans still winning the Electoral College.

Is this really sustainable?   Would the government have real legitimacy with such a loopsided flipped result?   The elected National Leader winning significantly fewer votes than his opponent and still being elected to office?  

Not really lol. There's no hope for Republicans in California statewide for the foreseeable future.
i mean I dont think it will ever go for a republican president statewide but i can republicans maybe cut it to 20-25% lead like it was in 2008 and 2012 as opposed to a near 30% lead currently. Even John Cox who ran a joke campaign got 38% in 2018.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18646 on: November 18, 2020, 10:10:15 PM »

California
New York
Illinois (maybe?)
Massachusetts
Maryland (maybe?)

Could you imagine the chaos if Dems won by the NPV by 7 and lost the EC, it would be ugly.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #18647 on: November 18, 2020, 10:12:24 PM »

California
New York
Illinois (maybe?)
Massachusetts
Maryland (maybe?)

This is kinda important, it shows how packed up Democratic voters really are, it's actually gotten worse since 2016.   It's now actually feasible to see the Democrats winning the popular vote by 4-5% and the Republicans still winning the Electoral College.

Is this really sustainable?   Would the government have real legitimacy with such a loopsided flipped result?   The elected National Leader winning significantly fewer votes than his opponent and still being elected to office?  

i mean I dont think it will ever go for a republican president statewide but i can republicans maybe cut it to 20-25% lead like it was in 2008 and 2012 as opposed to a near 30% lead currently. Even John Cox who ran a joke campaign got 38% in 2018.

The thing about the 2018 gubernatorial election was that Newsom was really hated in a lot of places in SoCal where Dems are now pulling ahead in. Ancestral Republican places like Orange County and San Diego. They had no issues voting Republican, especially for a statewide office.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #18648 on: November 18, 2020, 10:25:02 PM »

California
New York
Illinois (maybe?)
Massachusetts
Maryland (maybe?)

The thing about the 2018 gubernatorial election was that Newsom was really hated in a lot of places in SoCal where Dems are now pulling ahead in. Ancestral Republican places like Orange County and San Diego. They had no issues voting Republican, especially for a statewide office.

Newsom won both those counties though. And with about the same support Hillary did, slightly more in San Diego.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #18649 on: November 18, 2020, 10:30:40 PM »

The gas tax repeal help Cox somewhat even though it ultimately failed. Without that on the ballot Republicans had very little reason to turnout.
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 743 744 745 [746] 747 748 749 750 751 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies