2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 09:07:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 741 742 743 [744] 745 746 747 748 749 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 639797 times)
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18575 on: November 18, 2020, 11:47:56 AM »

All seems like an ultimate desperate attempt to save their faces, as AZ, NV, PA are lost, not to mention GA and MI.

Again, I don't think it's so much about outright retroactively flipping those states.

It's about sowing doubt in the process. 

Even if Trump finally gives up on actually winning (which is doubtful to me), he's going to try and solidify his position of "I won the REAL election."
Yes, exactly. When I say "saving their faces" is that they need to do something to, like you said, delegitimize the election and pander to their supporters.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #18576 on: November 18, 2020, 11:50:05 AM »

All the people who said it was ridiculous to suggest that Trump wouldn't concede defeat look really naive right now

From 2018:

ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #18577 on: November 18, 2020, 12:09:07 PM »

So about how long will the recounts of these 2 counties in Wisconsin take?
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #18578 on: November 18, 2020, 12:51:18 PM »

This Logan Act stuff with the Biden transition the Republicans are trying to drum up is bs. Flynn was doing this behind everyone’s backs while Biden is publicly stating what he’s said in the calls and isn’t undermining foreign policy.
You misunderstand.

In the January 5, 2017 meeting, attended by both then-president Obama and then-vice-president Biden, the Logan Act was brought up. Some say it was Biden, others say they would have remembered if it was Biden. In any case actual lawyers realized that the Logan Act is unconstitutional and no one could be successfully prosecuted.

I'm referring to something different where recently Ted Cruz accused Biden of violating the Logan Act by calling world leaders after his victory.
You are twisting it around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zoykg1a-xY

Cruz was questioning Andrew McCabe, about whether he thought Biden's actions violated the Logan Act. McCabe weasled, claiming he was unaware of Ben Rhode's claims that Biden was communicating with foreign governments.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #18579 on: November 18, 2020, 01:04:02 PM »

There's a few new results from Ohio:

Trump +45,352
Biden +52,899
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #18580 on: November 18, 2020, 01:20:23 PM »

I think he’s mixing up the City of Detroit with Wayne County ...

Wayne County has more votes than Detroit has population.
iceman
United States

« Reply #18581 on: November 18, 2020, 01:28:30 PM »

what's wrong with Hardin county, IL? There has been no results since election night!
iceman
United States

« Reply #18582 on: November 18, 2020, 01:30:05 PM »

Trump +45,352
Biden +52,899

link please...
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #18583 on: November 18, 2020, 01:33:17 PM »

what's wrong with Hardin county, IL? There has been no results since election night!

Politico has those results:

Trump 78.2%
Biden 20.8%

Trump +45,352
Biden +52,899

link please...

I'm following the Politico Ohio results page. I just subtracted the previous results, frozen since election night, with the new ones.

https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/ohio/
iceman
United States

« Reply #18584 on: November 18, 2020, 01:37:34 PM »

Trump 78.2%
Biden 20.8%

Trump +45,352
Biden +52,899

link please...

I'm following the Politico Ohio results page. I just subtracted the previous results, frozen since election night, with the new ones.

alright! apparently the newly counted ballots from Hamilton and Franklin were more democratic while in Cuyahoga it was more republican.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #18585 on: November 18, 2020, 01:47:50 PM »

Trump 78.2%
Biden 20.8%

Trump +45,352
Biden +52,899

link please...

alright! apparently the newly counted ballots from Hamilton and Franklin were more democratic while in Cuyahoga it was more republican.
Yes, but in Ohio the absentee ballots aren't breaking heavily from Biden. Statewide, so far, is almost 54-46% in favour of Biden and the margin between Trump and Biden only shrunk by 3,955 votes.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #18586 on: November 18, 2020, 01:51:22 PM »

I hope once the results are final the Biden team seriously considers lawsuits against the Trump Administration if the continue to obstruct the transition. They're blatantly ignoring a federal law and sabotage the stability of the government.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #18587 on: November 18, 2020, 02:19:41 PM »

Trump 78.2%
Biden 20.8%

Trump +45,352
Biden +52,899

link please...

Yes, but in Ohio the absentee ballots aren't breaking heavily from Biden. Statewide, so far, is almost 54-46% in favour of Biden and the margin between Trump and Biden only shrunk by 3,955 votes.

aren't all of these mail ballots? how could the ones out of Cuyahoga possibly be R?
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #18588 on: November 18, 2020, 02:23:45 PM »

Trump 78.2%
Biden 20.8%

Trump +45,352
Biden +52,899

link please...

aren't all of these mail ballots? how could the ones out of Cuyahoga possibly be R?
I believe so. So far Biden only leads by a 51-49% margin in the mail ballots counted, and as more ballots are released more Trump votes are surging. Comparing the election night returns with the current tally in Cuyahoga, Biden got 65% of the mail ballots and Trump 35%.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18589 on: November 18, 2020, 02:27:23 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2020, 02:35:37 PM by Roll Roons »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/nyregion/absentee-ballot-counting.html

Article on how s****y NY is at counting votes. It's really eye-opening.

The Bush v. Gore debacle forced Florida to do a massive overhaul, and now their election administration is one of the best in the country. Hopefully New York takes heed for 2022 and beyond.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #18590 on: November 18, 2020, 02:55:33 PM »

The Bush v. Gore debacle forced Florida to do a massive overhaul, and now their election administration is one of the best in the country. Hopefully New York takes heed for 2022 and beyond.
NY has unfortunately been run by political machines since colonial times. Then, you combine the fact that New York has been a safe blue state for decades. So, there has been little impetuous to change our voting system.

Additionally, Republicans (and corrupt DINOs) controlled the New York State Senate from post-WWII until 2019. Those Republicans and DINOs didn't want to make it easier for people to vote.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18591 on: November 18, 2020, 02:59:44 PM »

Right now the popular vote is essentially tied WITHOUT New York or California included. 

With so many uncounted ballots in blue states it's likely that Biden won the popular vote without either of those states.  I'm wondering if it's possible Biden won the popular vote without NY, CA or IL included.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #18592 on: November 18, 2020, 03:06:34 PM »

Mr. Gianaris’s bill would address that by amending state law to count only the first ballot cast by a voter, not the last. That would allow boards to begin processing, but not opening, absentee ballots before Election Day, as other states do. Under the bill, election officials could begin opening ballots three hours before polls close on election night.

Why the hell just 3 hours before? States like FL and NC start weeks in advance, and that makes sure they're ready to start counting mail ballots immediately as polls close. Hell, even Michigan gave it 24 hours. This is such a no-brainer, is there even an argument against it?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18593 on: November 18, 2020, 03:13:40 PM »

Mr. Gianaris’s bill would address that by amending state law to count only the first ballot cast by a voter, not the last. That would allow boards to begin processing, but not opening, absentee ballots before Election Day, as other states do. Under the bill, election officials could begin opening ballots three hours before polls close on election night.

Why the hell just 3 hours before? States like FL and NC start weeks in advance, and that makes sure they're ready to start counting mail ballots immediately as polls close. Hell, even Michigan gave it 24 hours. This is such a no-brainer, is there even an argument against it?

Your guess is as good as mine.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18594 on: November 18, 2020, 03:27:11 PM »

Right now the popular vote is essentially tied WITHOUT New York or California included. 

With so many uncounted ballots in blue states it's likely that Biden won the popular vote without either of those states.  I'm wondering if it's possible Biden won the popular vote without NY, CA or IL included.

These statements are silly. We're the United States of America. Where Biden gets his huge PV margin from doesn't matter. It would be like saying take away all of Trump's EV wins in Texas, Florida, and Ohio and he'd be a huge loser.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18595 on: November 18, 2020, 03:39:39 PM »

These statements are silly. We're the United States of America. Where Biden gets his huge PV margin from doesn't matter. It would be like saying take away all of Trump's EV wins in Texas, Florida, and Ohio and he'd be a huge loser.

no it's not at all silly because it shows how out of whack the electoral college has become.  It's also not silly because states have literally been divided in the past to change the senate/EC makeup for this very reason.  it's only "silly" if you just blindly look at electoral results without the context.  hope that better informs you.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #18596 on: November 18, 2020, 03:54:30 PM »

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18597 on: November 18, 2020, 03:55:15 PM »

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18598 on: November 18, 2020, 03:55:48 PM »

This map is already out of date.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18599 on: November 18, 2020, 04:18:32 PM »

no it's not at all silly because it shows how out of whack the electoral college has become.  It's also not silly because states have literally been divided in the past to change the senate/EC makeup for this very reason.  it's only "silly" if you just blindly look at electoral results without the context.  hope that better informs you.

I agree the electoral college is trash. But Biden's margins should be respected, he was a huge popular vote winner. If Trump had the same PV win he would never shut up about it, never.
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 741 742 743 [744] 745 746 747 748 749 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies