2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 12:42:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 737 738 739 [740] 741 742 743 744 745 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 648586 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18475 on: November 17, 2020, 09:46:53 PM »

The Republican Party has shown it's true colors. Disgraceful.

I'LL NEVER VOTE FOR A REPUBLICAN IN MY LIFE!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #18476 on: November 17, 2020, 09:47:42 PM »

Me neither!

(Not that I was likely to anyway.)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18477 on: November 17, 2020, 09:48:45 PM »

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd say that last hour and a half was more than enough stress for the week.

what was stressful?

The idea of Wayne County not getting certified.

While I had faith that the state board would do the right thing and certify, it's not an outlandish thought to think otherwise. If the state board's two republican members did not certify, the process would get incredibly muddled and we could have been looking at weeks of litigation.

If you are worried in any way that Joe Biden will not be sworn in in January, don't worry.  This is all a clown show.  They have no power to do anything.  The courts have all signaled they aren't going to do anything.  The legislatures have all signaled they aren't going to do anything.  If something was going to change the result you'd know about it by now.  The best he has is a few recounts in a few states that won't change anything. 

I do hope though, that New York prosecutors remember this fiasco when they decided whether or not to charge Trump.  He needs to be held accountable for his abuse of our country.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18478 on: November 17, 2020, 09:49:45 PM »

I am close to this point.  The current Republican Party is garbage.  But I think once all of these freaks are purged by voters or retire, perhaps a new party will form.  It's not healthy to have one dominant party. 
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18479 on: November 17, 2020, 09:50:17 PM »

Wow, Joe Biden's lead in Pennsylvania is now 82,000 and he's over 50%.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #18480 on: November 17, 2020, 09:52:43 PM »

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18481 on: November 17, 2020, 09:53:21 PM »

I've been saying since summer this is their goal.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #18482 on: November 17, 2020, 09:54:30 PM »

Wouldn't the electors vote by then also a few states will certify soon
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18483 on: November 17, 2020, 09:57:41 PM »

If they actually succeed in this insane plan (which they won't), then House Democrats should simply refuse to seat a number of Republicans so they control enough House delegations and elect Biden.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18484 on: November 17, 2020, 10:08:41 PM »

Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18485 on: November 17, 2020, 10:10:05 PM »

No Nut November just came to an end.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #18486 on: November 17, 2020, 10:10:18 PM »

I've been saying since summer this is their goal.
Well they just folded in MI and have no real way to prevent it in PA and NV.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #18487 on: November 17, 2020, 10:10:22 PM »

In a weird way I think we should all be thanking Trump for showing us just how weak and fragile our election system really is

He is single handedly showing us just how easily this system can be exploited and He is doing whatever he can stop a Biden win from being certified. He also has a major political party that is actively helping him do it.

The proves that we clearly need major reforms to our election system and hopefully Trump behavior is a wake up call for many Americans. The era where we automatically expect the losing candidate to accept the election results and help with a peaceful transfer of power is over...

now we are going to need to have a real plan in place in case a losing candidate wants to stop an election from being certified and refuses to give the winning candidate the vital Intel they need

South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #18488 on: November 17, 2020, 10:21:49 PM »

No Nut November just came to an end.

I see what you did there.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18489 on: November 17, 2020, 10:22:55 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2020, 10:32:43 PM by Gass3268 »

Biden beat Trump in Monroe County 59.12%-38.36%. A 12.28% Democratic swing from 2016.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #18490 on: November 17, 2020, 10:24:31 PM »

Looks like NY absentees are gonna look like PA’s, just take longer to report.

That should put an end to all the “NY trended right!!!” talk.

I just hope they hurry up so we can figure out just how much Biden won upstate by (Hillary lost it).
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18491 on: November 17, 2020, 10:24:37 PM »

Interestingly, the errors identified in the Georgia recount so far (3 unprocessed memory sticks from in person voting) are about an order of magnitude larger than typical vote count changes in a recount.  Trump has netted over 1400 votes.  While it won't change the outcome in this election, a recount shift of that magnitude could have flipped Florida to Gore in 2000, and Georgia has less than half the population of Florida.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18492 on: November 17, 2020, 10:28:26 PM »

If there are "unexplained precincts" that "don't match" (??) wouldn't it make sense to do the audit before you certify the results Huh

sounds very bizzare.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #18493 on: November 17, 2020, 10:36:32 PM »

If there are "unexplained precincts" that "don't match" (??) wouldn't it make sense to do the audit before you certify the results Huh

sounds very bizzare.

This is a common problem in Wayne County and this exact board has certified the results before.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #18494 on: November 17, 2020, 10:44:57 PM »

So before anybody panics, all this does is delays Michigan's state certification.

The county has to get certified. If the County Board won't do it, than the State Board and the Secretary of State does it.

If the GOP manages to deadlock the State Board too, does the SoS have the final word?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18495 on: November 17, 2020, 10:53:49 PM »

Biden beat Trump in Monroe County 59.12%-38.36%. A 12.28% Democratic swing from 2016.

Yeah, looks like Biden will easily crack 60% in the state.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #18496 on: November 17, 2020, 10:56:19 PM »

So before anybody panics, all this does is delays Michigan's state certification.

The county has to get certified. If the County Board won't do it, than the State Board and the Secretary of State does it.

If the GOP manages to deadlock the State Board too, does the SoS have the final word?

While the question is strictly academic since the two republicans on the county board changed their mind, I'm actually not sure what would happen.

The Secretary of State implied in her statement today that the Bureau of Elections(which is run by her) would be able to step in. But I havent seen anyone back that up. It seems like one of the options would have been litigation forcing the State Board to certify, since they're legally obligated to do so. Trump supporters were under the assumption the State Assembly would step in and nominated their own electors, and I'm not sure they couldn't.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18497 on: November 17, 2020, 10:58:32 PM »

While the question is strictly academic since the two republicans on the county board changed their mind, I'm actually not sure what would happen.

The Secretary of State implied in her statement today that the Bureau of Elections(which is run by her) would be able to step in. But I havent seen anyone back that up. It seems like one of the options would have been litigation forcing the State Board to certify, since they're legally obligated to do so. Trump supporters were under the assumption the State Assembly would step in and nominated their own electors, and I'm not sure they couldn't.
That can't happen. Don't entertain Trump supporter fantasies.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18498 on: November 17, 2020, 10:59:56 PM »

Is it now academic?  Can the state level board still block certification if it deadlocks?
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #18499 on: November 17, 2020, 11:01:54 PM »

That can't happen. Don't entertain Trump supporter fantasies.

I'm not trying to, but what would happen if a state failed to certify their own election? I'm not sure what happens from a constitutional perspective.
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 737 738 739 [740] 741 742 743 744 745 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies