2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 03:31:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 572 573 574 [575] 576 577 578 579 580 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 635037 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14350 on: November 06, 2020, 02:53:25 PM »

Which presidential term will Biden's be most like?

FDR 1933?

Truman 1949?

LBJ 1965?

Carter 1977?

HW 1989?

Clinton 1993?

Bush 2001?

Obama 2009?

Biden 2021.

Anyways the answer is probably Ford. Carter will come after Biden...and will get to end with a recession and a severe environmental crisis.
Fear/savor the year 2028, folks.

Who would be Carter?
Hm....a low profile former/current governor of the South of 2020 (I would argue it’s the Interior West)
Tough to say though. I bet we won’t know until 2023.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14351 on: November 06, 2020, 02:55:37 PM »

FDR 1933?

Truman 1949?

LBJ 1965?

Carter 1977?

HW 1989?

Clinton 1993?

Bush 2001?

Obama 2009?

Biden 2021.

Anyways the answer is probably Ford. Carter will come after Biden...and will get to end with a recession and a severe environmental crisis.

Who would be Carter?
Hm....a former Southern governor from a Southern State who runs as an outsider and a contrast to the Biden administration (which isn’t corrupt but weak and ineffective)
If they can recover from Covid backlash, maybe Abbott or DeSantis?
I also could see Rick Scott, but at this point early on it’s too hard to tell.

You've got it all wrong, here's the pattern:

FDR Reagan Biden
Truman Bush
Eisenhower Clinton
JFK and LBJ Bush
Nixon/Ford Obama
Carter Trump
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #14352 on: November 06, 2020, 02:55:43 PM »

We're to the point where it's actually getting pretty irresponsible for the news outlets to refuse to call the election. At this rate, there is literally a 0% chance that Trump has enough votes left out there to win the electoral college.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14353 on: November 06, 2020, 02:56:32 PM »

FDR 1933?

Truman 1949?

LBJ 1965?

Carter 1977?

HW 1989?

Clinton 1993?

Bush 2001?

Obama 2009?

Biden 2021.

Who would be Carter?
Hm....a former Southern governor from a Southern State who runs as an outsider and a contrast to the Biden administration (which isn’t corrupt but weak and ineffective)
If they can recover from Covid backlash, maybe Abbott or DeSantis?
I also could see Rick Scott, but at this point early on it’s too hard to tell.

You've got it all wrong, here's the pattern:

FDR Reagan Biden
Truman Bush
Eisenhower Clinton
JFK and LBJ Bush
Nixon/Ford Obama
Carter Trump

Lol firstly I changed my passage, secondly I doubt Biden is Roosevelt 1933, quote me on this in a few years if you want.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #14354 on: November 06, 2020, 02:56:58 PM »

The last AZ dump was heavy Trump.

So just to be clear, there are 100k provisional votes in PA with 40k coming from Philly + mail ballots in Pittsburgh that hadn't been counted (around 40k as well). should be safe D right?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14355 on: November 06, 2020, 02:57:49 PM »

Alito, Thomas, and Gorsuch appear to be strong supporters of the principle that the legislatures can determine how the electors are selected in whatever manner they want. Well, the legislatures have allowed mail ballots. So it's fine.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14356 on: November 06, 2020, 02:57:53 PM »

We're to the point where it's actually getting pretty irresponsible for the news outlets to refuse to call the election. At this rate, there is literally a 0% chance that Trump has enough votes left out there to win the electoral college.

One has to wonder if the networks are reluctant to call the election due to memories of what happened during the 2000 election, when they badly botched the Florida call. But of course, it could also be that they are dragging this out for ratings. It's clear that Biden has won Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Nevada. Why give Trump more time to claim fraud and to challenge the results? It doesn't do any of us good.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14357 on: November 06, 2020, 02:58:24 PM »

So just to be clear, there are 100k provisional votes in PA with 40k coming from Philly + mail ballots in Pittsburgh that hadn't been counted (around 40k as well). should be safe D right?

The mail ballots in Pittsburgh are titanium D, the provisional ballots in Philly are strong D, the provisional ballots elsewhere are probably more mixed; it's difficult to see how Biden doesn't extend his lead overall.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #14358 on: November 06, 2020, 02:58:33 PM »

I think that the Supreme Court will rule that all mail in ballots are unconstitutional in a few days and thus give Donald Trump his second term.

I don't see how they could possibly make a ruling that broad and also have it work retroactively to change the results of this election. They'd have to literally throw out every single ballot in Washington, Oregon, and Colorado, not just for the presidency, but for every office. They'd basically have to order a new election be held.
I think that they will make that argument. In that case, the electors from Oregon and Colorado would be appointed by the Trump campaign. Once all the mail in ballots are tossed, the Republicans will win pretty much every race and accomplish their goal of overturning presidential term limits, thus allowing Donald Trump to remain in power until 2032.
I understand the scheme on the presidential level, but a court just can't negate an entire election across three states without providing any remedy. Come January, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado would not have any statewide government officials or any state legislature. They would basically have to order a new election because there wouldn't even be someone in place to make emergency appointments of all those people, unless they wanted to find that mail ballots are exclusively unconstitutional for federal elections, but allowable for state elections.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14359 on: November 06, 2020, 02:59:36 PM »

The one from this morning?

No, it wasn't.
It's Perro Sanxe wot won it
Mimoha
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.22

« Reply #14360 on: November 06, 2020, 02:59:53 PM »

According to exit polls published by the NYT (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/exit-polls-president.html) Trump has doubled his share of LGBTQ voters since 2016. Can someone explain this?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14361 on: November 06, 2020, 03:00:27 PM »

According to exit polls published by the NYT (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/exit-polls-president.html) Trump has doubled his share of LGBTQ voters since 2016. Can someone explain this?

He found another one?
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #14362 on: November 06, 2020, 03:00:42 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2020, 03:05:12 PM by BudgieForce »

Someone tell me why PA is so close when it was supposed to be a comfortable Biden win...

They have sloths counting votes and Steve Kornacki is dooming about provisional ballots possibly being heavily GOP.

I think people are misrepresenting what Kornacki said. He said provisional ballots from republican areas are favorable to Trump. Thats unlike mail in ballots, which have been favorable to Biden in both republican and democratic areas. With that being the case, provisional ballots from dem areas would favor democrats and that's where the majority of them are.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #14363 on: November 06, 2020, 03:01:06 PM »

The one from this morning?

No, it wasn't.
right now around 5K votes, the margin is now 40954 statewide
It's Perro Sanxe wot won it
Mimoha
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.22

« Reply #14364 on: November 06, 2020, 03:01:06 PM »

He found another one?

Actually he seems to have gotten almost a third of them this time, which I find crazy. Then again, a lot of things have been crazy this year.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14365 on: November 06, 2020, 03:01:19 PM »

Jesus Christ, this is still not over... I've been watching CNN the whole day while working and eating. I just don't see how Trump pull this off.

It's just pathetic Trump is dragging this out. According to Jim Acosta on CNN, he may continue legal fights into December, making the US a complete laughingstock. You lost Donny, deal with it.

tbf, drawn-out legal fights keep Trump in the news and that will help Democrats in the runoff.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14366 on: November 06, 2020, 03:02:29 PM »

Someone tell me why PA is so close when it was supposed to be a comfortable Biden win...

They have sloths counting votes and Steve Kornacki is dooming about provisional ballots possibly being heavily GOP.

I think people are misrepresenting what Kornacki said. He said provisional ballots from republican areas are favorable to Trump. Thats unlike mail in ballots, which have been favorable to Biden in both republican and democratic areas. With that being the, provisional ballots from dem areas would favor democrats and that's where the majority of them are.

Okay, so the reason for the lack of a call in PA is back to "either ratings or cowardice".
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14367 on: November 06, 2020, 03:03:21 PM »

McCain got 28% so it's not wildly unexpected.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #14368 on: November 06, 2020, 03:03:31 PM »

Trump has doubled his share of LGBTQ voters since 2016. Can someone explain this?

Pink capitalism, homonationalism, other means of lip service that fuel the subsumption of queerness into normativity through palatable conservative figures waving the "gay" card.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14369 on: November 06, 2020, 03:03:51 PM »

A capable scam artist knows when to fold the tent and leave town:

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14370 on: November 06, 2020, 03:04:01 PM »

He found another one?

Actually he seems to have gotten almost a third of them this time.
Improvement with them seemed inevitable, as the times when SSM being a debatable issue recede from view.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14371 on: November 06, 2020, 03:04:02 PM »

Do you guys think Trump or Biden won more CDs?
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #14372 on: November 06, 2020, 03:04:18 PM »

The rats are clearly fleeing the ship...

World - Bolsonaro surprises and says idol Trump is not the most important person in the world

In a surprising twist, as his idolatry for the American is public, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro said this Friday that the US President, whose reelection is threatened by the huge vote of his Democratic opponent Joe Biden, is not the most important in the world. Bolsonaro, who has been trying to imitate Trump's gestures, words and actions since he took over the Brazilian presidency on January 1, 2019, even hours ago continued to say that Trump would not be re-elected if last Tuesday's US elections were rigged, but Biden's increasingly likely victory seems to have made him moderate his speech.

"I am not the most important person in Brazil, just as Trump is not the most important person in the world, as he rightly says. The most important person in the world is God, and humility must be present among us. "-Jair Bolsonaro declared in a very short speech made in Florianópolis, capital of the Brazilian state of Santa Catarina, where he went to participate in the graduation of new 650 federal highway policemen.

(...)

He’s just trying to save face because he knows he is completely isolated now lmao. He only has Orban and a few other right wing crazies as international friends. He fighted with China, Europe, Latin America (especially Argentina) and now the country he regarded as Brazil greatest friend will be led by a guy who threatened us in a debate. He needs to save face and act like it isn’t a big deal, but they were all paying very close attention to the US elections with their asses on their hands.

With Trump out, Bolsonaro is now probably THE face of right wing populism to the world and he will accumulate even more hate and international pressure because of this. He’s done, it will be like watching a dead corpse walk from now on, even if his reelection chances are still alive due to specific domestic factors. But if the left gets their sh** together and unite, he’s out.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14373 on: November 06, 2020, 03:04:49 PM »

I think people are misrepresenting what Kornacki said. He said provisional ballots from republican areas are favorable to Trump. Thats unlike mail in ballots, which have been favorable to Biden in both republican and democratic areas. With that being the, provisional ballots from dem areas would favor democrats and that's where the majority of them are.

Okay, so the reason for the lack of a call in PA is back to "either ratings or cowardice".

Probably both, really. They don't want to offend Trumpers since reality is now subject to opinion, and they want to keep their ratings as this is a big FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT! story for news outlets
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #14374 on: November 06, 2020, 03:05:07 PM »

I also think that posters who report media quotes here (this isn't directed specifically at you, emailking) need to be VERY careful about wording if they're not directly transposing these things.  

All it takes is a teeny bit of misunderstanding and it sets off a firestorm.  
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 572 573 574 [575] 576 577 578 579 580 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies