The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 06:51:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 173281 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2275 on: December 24, 2022, 09:44:01 PM »

Of course the guy who wanted to ban vapes is the Democratic co-sponsor.

Oh no! He wanted to ban vapes! How terrible!

If we oppose cigarettes - and the government absolutely made the right move in opposing them back in the '90s - we should logically oppose vapes. They're cigarettes in another form, only more dangerous and 'cool' and 'flashy' (the same way cigarettes were before the government launched infomercials to send lung cancer permanently out of fashion).

If you're trying to discredit Krishnamoorthi's credentials and make an 'ethos' argument against this, you're failing completely, at least as far as I'm concerned. Yes, vapes should be banned.

Roll Eyes Care to defend vapes and say they're not at all harmful, then? Because if you do, it'll be neat enough since you'll be posting directly into this thread.
suggesting vapes are not harmful at all would be almost as dumb as saying they are "more dangerous than cigarettes".

Yes, that was a big factual error on my part. Vapes ARE less harmful than cigarettes. HOWEVER, it's not as if they don't have plenty of problems, and the full extent of the harm they cause is still being uncovered.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2276 on: December 25, 2022, 04:43:05 AM »

I get tired of users assuming Brown, Manchin and Tester are sitting Ducks lol Biden isn't gonna win a PVI by 10 pts but by 5 a 51/45 result can produce a different map than 20 it did in 2012

Users especially RS are making the same mistake KY 2019/KS 22 and WV 2018
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2277 on: December 25, 2022, 08:52:49 AM »
« Edited: December 25, 2022, 08:56:31 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

As we celebrate Xmas and Easter and Petacost thru the the yr our reward is in Heaven, what did Jesus say when he thru the coins at the Temple your reward is not of this world

We all want to be rich and win the lottery but it's called gambling, if you don't become rich and are a Secularist it's not what Don Jr says welfare queen, it's called giving back to those that our loved ones or work Blue collar jobs as we approach 24 in keeping with Bible theology if we got a Secularist Filibuster proof Trifecta, reparations need to be given back to us Pharoah and Hebrew Queens sold Blks into slavery to build pyramids and then in 1600 African Kings sold the ones here in America into slavery as we look at Shaka Zulu Wakanda and Roots and Moses 1o Commandments, CA is already giving out reparationss Gallego, Tester, Brown Love or Murphy give us 51/49 without Sinema or Manchin Filibuster

It's called the Constitutional option RS can't hold up Voting Rights forever it goes to a talking Filibuster and amendment are added like under Reconciliation

Biden is already leading in some polls 53/47 a 51/45 result happens is our goal, because to fill up a jeep is 50 not 100, Trump just 301 of them not ACB or Kavanaugh are holding up 20 K Student loan Discharge
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2278 on: December 27, 2022, 03:29:12 AM »

I can't find the irony ore mine thread, but this is too precious to not repost, so I'll put it here.

His opinions are, to be kind, horse manure, but why not argue with him by refuting his points and citing facts?  You'll never convince him, but you might convince some people here who think he has a point.  He's not real coherent, but what part of the ToS is he honestly breaking?  If people confront him with facts, he'll leave this place because he's not a "facts" guy.

Truly breathtaking levels of lack of self-awareness here. And the cherry on top of this irony banana split is within the same post there was reference to, you guessed it, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem. Grin
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2279 on: December 27, 2022, 08:19:56 AM »

I am confident in a Secular Filibuster proof Trifecta now that Gas prices are down split votes Biden PVI 52/46 350(188 51/49 no Sinema or Manchin and 26/24 R Govs

McLaughlin Ds lead on GCB 48/44 which translates to 51/47 and all those bogus 40% Approvals are wrong just like Wrong track number isn't 70% it's 52% and Biden in Rassy polls are 47/51
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2280 on: December 27, 2022, 11:35:47 AM »

Citizen comment, as a registered Pennsylvanian.

This is a horrifying bill that will cause many children to suffer. It is a widely accepted principle that although children to not possess full capacity for informed consent, their guardians possess the duty and right to act in the child's best interests on their behalf. Many psychiatric practices are well-established to be safe, effective, and necessary for particular conditions. A few years ago I developed severe OCD out of nowhere. It was a living hell. Years of treatment combining medication and cognitive behavioral therapy saved me from this hell and allowed me to regain control of my life.

I was 21. Under this bill, if I was just a few years younger, I would have been denied under the law to pursue the course of care that is unanimously recommended by all experts on OCD, and which restored my well-being. This is a cruel bill that appears to be based on a rigid and misguided ideological agenda with no consideration of cold hard reality. OCD is not merely some personality difference or quirk like some say of conditions like autism and ADHD. It is a severe, debilitating and torturous mental illness. Nobody with actual OCD likes or appreciates their OCD. They want it gone. It is estimated that 1 in 40 Atlasians suffer from this hellish condition.

I urge every one of you to vote no on this bill which leaves minors with OCD, and other debilitating conditions, unable to access the proven care they need to restore well being to their lives.

Probably written in the heat of the moment (because of context), but completely misjudged and ignorant section. I do understand where the comment in its entire form comes from but this part undermines it. It's just incredibly offensive.

Don't try to validate your mental disorder by trying to minimalize/invalidate others by saying it's just some quirk or some personality difference... You don't make friends that way and comparing yourself to who has it more rough simply is generally not done. It is simply not respectful.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2281 on: December 27, 2022, 12:28:03 PM »

You know what would make society more like the handmaid tale : a society without oil

That is a classic for the ages. Peak beep boop.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2282 on: December 27, 2022, 12:29:04 PM »

Ferguson says 2K for reparations does he knows how much Per Capita Native American gets that's a joke it should be no more or no less than 30 K per person like Native Americans as cash payments not a 1 M dollars or 2K dollars it's called reparations not stimulus check

That’s not what I said. Learn to read.

A personal attack from one of the worst posters here on our a True and Wise Forum Institution surely belongs here.

Ferguson is right that he was badly misquoted and taken out of context. Quit sucking up
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #2283 on: December 27, 2022, 02:13:55 PM »

Citizen comment, as a registered Pennsylvanian.

This is a horrifying bill that will cause many children to suffer. It is a widely accepted principle that although children to not possess full capacity for informed consent, their guardians possess the duty and right to act in the child's best interests on their behalf. Many psychiatric practices are well-established to be safe, effective, and necessary for particular conditions. A few years ago I developed severe OCD out of nowhere. It was a living hell. Years of treatment combining medication and cognitive behavioral therapy saved me from this hell and allowed me to regain control of my life.

I was 21. Under this bill, if I was just a few years younger, I would have been denied under the law to pursue the course of care that is unanimously recommended by all experts on OCD, and which restored my well-being. This is a cruel bill that appears to be based on a rigid and misguided ideological agenda with no consideration of cold hard reality. OCD is not merely some personality difference or quirk like some say of conditions like autism and ADHD. It is a severe, debilitating and torturous mental illness. Nobody with actual OCD likes or appreciates their OCD. They want it gone. It is estimated that 1 in 40 Atlasians suffer from this hellish condition.

I urge every one of you to vote no on this bill which leaves minors with OCD, and other debilitating conditions, unable to access the proven care they need to restore well being to their lives.

Probably written in the heat of the moment (because of context), but completely misjudged and ignorant section. I do understand where the comment in its entire form comes from but this part undermines it. It's just incredibly offensive.

Don't try to validate your mental disorder by trying to minimalize/invalidate others by saying it's just some quirk or some personality difference... You don't make friends that way and comparing yourself to who has it more rough simply is generally not done. It is simply not respectful.
It is not offensive. I explained in the other thread. "Like some say" - this was clearly targeted at Adowemiti, who is anti-psychiatry. Please work on your reading comprehension and stop getting offended so easily.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2284 on: December 27, 2022, 03:16:47 PM »

Ferguson says 2K for reparations does he knows how much Per Capita Native American gets that's a joke it should be no more or no less than 30 K per person like Native Americans as cash payments not a 1 M dollars or 2K dollars it's called reparations not stimulus check

That’s not what I said. Learn to read.

A personal attack from one of the worst posters here on our a True and Wise Forum Institution surely belongs here.

Ferguson is right that he was badly misquoted and taken out of context. Quit sucking up

For a change, I'm going to have to side with Fuzzy Bear on this one. Any criticism of our SECULAR KING, whether by Ferguson, myself, Fuzzy, or anybody else - is heresy and cannot be tolerated. Any of the SECULAR KING's devoted followers (i.e. the vast majority of this site) will attest to this, that any harsh words against Olawakandi are blasphemy.

In all seriousness, I do think OC's cult of personality is a bit over the top, but at the same time, it's unfair to suggest that this kind of comment about him is allowed if it's made by someone you agree with. You know? It unironically is unfair, given the cult of personality he has and how upset/animated many of us get if anybody says anything negative about him, that this sort of thing is okay if the person who says it is someone you agree with, and the person who calls it out is someone you disagree with.

Fuzzy's right; Ferguson's wrong. Criticism of OC is never okay, no matter who says it, and whoever calls it out is 100% right, even if they're wrong most of the rest of the time.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2285 on: December 27, 2022, 10:12:40 PM »

Yes, I’m at the point where I see that the Bernie 2016 and 2020 campaigns did insurmountable damage to the American Left at large by kneecapping its outsider growth and strengthening the Democratic party. The Green party is easier to be made accountable of and going that alternative route would have forced more of the Democratic party’s hand than engaging in entryism the way Sanders and the DSA have done.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2286 on: December 28, 2022, 07:17:58 PM »

Behold, a sh**tpost truly for the ages!

I'm sure it was very painful and tough for people like Chris Watts to kill his children too, but that doesn't make killing his kids morally acceptable.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2287 on: December 28, 2022, 08:24:59 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2022, 08:35:02 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Rs all think the same if we elect Rs the country will go back to the way it was before Great Recession or Pre Pandemic, Biden and Obama have presided over Depression World's that world will never be the same, why as I said on a previous thread technology, it was in my Poli sci 120 class there are Labor Shortages in Amazon, Walmart and McDonald's jobs because they are oversaturated and undesirable, people are getting royalties from Google from You tube videos and working Uber instead MICKEY MOUSE JOBS and they are because single moms and minorities work them, many of us get Educated but white collar jobs isn't solely based on Education it's also based on who you know many white business owners are Doctors and Lawyers and hire family and friends, minority own saloons or restaurant , an Indian woman said she has PHD and Masters and getting a Driver's license to work Uber

They, Rs critique of Obama after Great Recession, and we got  Trump more tax cuts to rich

This isn't the 1930s where the country recovered from Great Depression we had typewriters and newspapers, which blossomed until the 90s it's technology
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2288 on: December 29, 2022, 01:51:39 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2289 on: December 30, 2022, 01:23:11 PM »

Absolutely incredible how this guy consistently takes the absolute worst position on every single possible issue
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2290 on: December 30, 2022, 01:31:56 PM »
« Edited: December 30, 2022, 01:52:27 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

As long as Gas prices go down and price on jewelry is reasonable now because gold is oil in the solid state DeSantis won't win they are predicting 223 in February, Biden won't lose to DeSantis and Beshear isn't losing with those kind of gas prices, as soon as Biden cross examines him in Debate fashion, DeSantis will fail he is an Ivy League Lawyer against Student loan Discharge, RS want to go back to Pre pandemic world that world no longer exists, that's why CA is gonna give out reparations and Filibuster proof Trifecta Natl Reparations

The economy was in much better shape Pre Trump that Trump tax cut cut Corporate taxes to 20 percentage pts not 28 and Corporate pays our Unemployment, Disability and SSA taxes that's why under 62 it's adjudication no quitti g jobs you have to fired, that's why they stopped Stimulus they want to audit tax cheats that got away with fraud on unemployment

Fraud is certificate of unemployment when you have a job and if you file taxes it catches up

350/188 OH, VA, NC, AZ, GA, FL goes D Tester, Gallego, Schiff, Brown all win and Sinema and Manchin loses for a Filibuster proof Trifecta this is a Prez race not midterm

For a 52/46 PVI no one wins by 10 and Secular H Waves don't happen 2 yrs prior to Eday that's why Shawn Wilson has a chance in LA Gov it's 1 yrs til Eday , and gas prices and jewelry goes down

See people thought Unemployment was social security and once you have a job you can't cheat the Federal Govt unemployment or Social security
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2291 on: January 12, 2023, 03:53:57 PM »

So, yes, a lot of the time people should not be held accountable because people might be targeted for revenge, and this is true regardless of your ideological position.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2292 on: January 12, 2023, 03:56:58 PM »

So, yes, a lot of the time people should not be held accountable because people might be targeted for revenge, and this is true regardless of your ideological position.

When it comes to our foreign policy this is true , otherwise pretty much every president we had since 1945 could be charged .

So Obama made 100% the right decision not to prosecute people from the Bush admin
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2293 on: January 13, 2023, 06:41:35 AM »

Center Street Pac polls are just as hackish as the Biden 50/47% number, because Biden since all the Sinema drama is losing to DeSantis and Trump in AZ 43/37% we know polls are biased they had Ryan in Center Street Pac polls ahead all summer long 48/39 and that's why Ryan said he was definitely not gonna lose and I didnt donate much but I donated to both Ryan and Center Street Pac, I am done with donation I don't vote in all those states anyways, invest my money in stocks they said someone invested into Bed and Bath and won 10M

Where is wbrooks he has vanished since the documents storyline
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2294 on: January 16, 2023, 06:34:56 PM »

Hockey is an L sport anyway, good thing it's gonna slowly die

Wayne Gretzky will be forgotten
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2295 on: January 19, 2023, 08:52:05 AM »

There will be homeless people as long as there are lazy, dangerous f**k’s out there. There’s nothing we can do about that, unless you want to take the Soviet approach, which was to arrest/execute said lazy, dangerous f**k’s.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #2296 on: January 21, 2023, 08:15:49 PM »

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=536735.0

I get that half the people in this thread are trolling, but this is still one of the dumbest threads I've ever read.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2297 on: January 21, 2023, 09:18:49 PM »

When it comes to our foreign policy this is true , otherwise pretty much every president we had since 1945 could be charged .

So Obama made 100% the right decision not to prosecute people from the Bush admin

"Every president was a war criminal. If you want to prosecute Bush, you'll have to prosecute every president."

Is this really the argument you're making?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2298 on: January 21, 2023, 09:32:04 PM »

"Every president was a war criminal. If you want to prosecute Bush, you'll have to prosecute every president."

Every super power has done stuff that have been morally negative at some point including the US. The difference is we have been a greater force for good than any super power in the history of the world and if you prosecuted presidents for the morally negative stuff they did, they would not have been able to do the good that they did as many things are morally grey.

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2299 on: January 21, 2023, 10:01:12 PM »

Every super power has done stuff that have been morally negative at some point including the US. The difference is we have been a greater force for good than any super power in the history of the world and if you prosecuted presidents for the morally negative stuff they did, they would not have been able to do the good that they did as many things are morally grey.

You're not wrong. Presidents are going to be very hesitant to prosecute another President for things done in the course of the office, like Bush and Iraq or Obama and drone strikes. However, Presidents who subvert the office like Trump are a different story. Biden isn't thinking "Well, what if I need to commit treason?".
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies