The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:03:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168500 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« on: January 03, 2022, 12:11:30 AM »

the 10 Members who voted to impeach Trump for a 2nd Time from the Republican Conference.

I want Liz Cheney imprisoned!!!

Every post of this person in the linked thread.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 02:01:45 AM »

Isn't the answer obvious, it's West Virginia. As IceSpear used to say "it's full of rural, racist hicks."
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 09:43:22 PM »

HRT/SRS for gender dysphoria is only "medicine" under a radical activist definition.  There is no other body integrity disorder we "treat" by mutilating or chemically altering normal human anatomy.  If gender dysphoria is a disease of the mind, then it should be treated as such.   

Making access to HRT/SRS the end-all, be-all of trans advocacy is a weird erasure of the overwhelming majority of trans people, both today and historically, who never medically transition.  It's also a fundamental betrayal of the supposedly-axiomatic principle that gender be decoupled from sex.  If the two are distinct, then why do we need to change people's sexual anatomy in order to affirm their gender? 

We are quickly barreling towards a future where gender non-conforming young people are told they ought to reject their bodies in order to better live-up to traditional gender stereotypes.  For some kids it is already here.  That's a future that's worse-off for everybody, queer or not. 
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 03:35:34 PM »

Support. Teachers withholding information like that from parents is unethical at best, grooming at worst. In a sane society, parents are entitled to all information regarding their children.
Apparently not outing queer kids to their bigoted parents who would throw them on the street if they knew is grooming.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 03:12:38 PM »

I thought most of Atlas was against underage gender reassignment surgery.

Underage gender reassignment surgery should not be legal.

The order includes puberty blockers and testosterone and estrogen, not just gender reassignment surgery. You would know that if you bothered to read it.

Which should also be banned for minors. Those drugs are extremely harmful and can cause severe side affects on children.

Such ‘treatment’ should never be used on a developing child for any reason whatsoever.

Underage gender reassignment surgery should not be legal.

The order includes puberty blockers and testosterone and estrogen, not just gender reassignment surgery. You would know that if you bothered to read it.

Which should also be banned for minors. Those drugs are extremely harmful and can cause severe side affects on children.

Such ‘treatment’ should never be used on a developing child for any reason whatsoever.

Denying trans kids puberty blockers and the appropriate hormones is child abuse.

You are advocating for child abuse.

Do you even realize you would have been seen as a madman just 15 years ago ? Humanity did without puberty blockers for thousands of years.

Unless they are being used for growth deficiencies and other severe medical conditions, puberty blockers are one of the most horrific things I can imagine, a crime against biology and nature itself. We are lost as a society.

People with a penis believing they are women and people with a vagina believing they are men have always existed. I'll give you that, there have always been crazy people after all. However, we have never seen nearly as much sex change operations as today.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022, 12:36:01 PM »

China had literally made it clear a week prior that they sided with Russia on this and Biden still did something like this ugh . The level of incompetence is insane

I fully support impeaching Biden for this. This is an impeachable offense and much worse than the phone call fiasco.

The head of state of my country is objectively a dullard. Not only that, but an inept dullard who can’t get anything right.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2022, 07:19:32 AM »

"Literally everything that ever happens is Hitler purely because I have no real argument."

I know Godwin's Law and all, but this scenario is similar enough to actually warrant a comparison.

No, saying this is similar dismisses what happened during the Holocaust as typical wartime behavior.

The idea isn't to equivocate the Holocaust with what Putin is doing - the idea is to stop it from getting to that point. 

I don't think that it "dismisses" what happened in the Holocaust to be cautious in these sorts of instances. In fact, I think trying to paint the Holocaust as some once-in-a-millennium anomaly is more dismissive of the conditions that led to it in the first place.

Nobody thought that we'd see a world war with 6 million dead Jews when Poland was invaded in 1939.

The US knew exactly what Hitler's intentions were and continually turned away Jews who were trying to escape despite knowing this. We are doing more here with the sanctions than we ever did then--which was sending people back to their deaths--so continuing to make this equation to the current situation shows ignorance at the very least.

There's no shame in admitting that what's going on there is wrong and unjustified, while also acknowledging that it isn't Literally Hitler Again and that intervention will do nothing but worsen the situation for all involved.
Letting refugees in the country is a bad idea and always was. No matter the context. American jobs for americans.
Are you seriously suggesting we were right to refuse to take in Jewish refugees fleeing nazi germany?
Yes.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2022, 06:56:37 PM »

No one is "obsessed" with you. You are currently making 50 posts a day, mostly meandering lectures both-sidesing a conflict that no one apart from you has any interest in both-sidesing. If you don't want to face pushback for that, stop posting.
Sol has engaged in personal attacks against me and some of his posts have been deleted by the mods. There are numerous occasions in which this has happened in fact.
I don't think you know what you are talking about.
Sol got tired of your bit before the rest of us did, but there's a lot more people than just Sol who're over it now.
You can just ask YE if any of Sol's posts have been deleted.
In any case, I don't need your approval to post, the Russian/Ukrainian megathread is welcome to people of varying opinions no matter how you might dislike that, and you are being as ludicrously hostile as I've ever seen.
Whatever. Have a nice day, no matter how much the more annoyed part of my mind wishes otherwise.
You really aren't making yourself look better.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 09:12:10 PM »

Info on the woman who would have died without the abortion? Or is this white lefty propaganda

It's in the article you dolt.

"Basically, the doctor looked at me and was like, well, the baby's underdeveloped," says Anna. "Even with the best NICU care in the world, they're not going to survive."

And as painful as it was to hear that, the doctors told Anna there was another urgent concern.

" 'You're at a high chance of going septic or bleeding out,' " she says the doctors told her — a risk of infection or hemorrhage, which could become deadly. " 'And unfortunately, we recommend termination, but we cannot provide you one here in Texas because of this law.' "

But under Texas law, abortions are allowed at that stage only for severe medical emergencies, defined as when a patient is "in danger of death or a serious risk of substantial impairment of a major bodily function."

And because fetal heart tones were detectable, doctors told Anna they couldn't offer her that option.

Have you ever read past the headline in your life?

title doesn't matchup with what you posted

What is the contradiction?

Texas woman has to fly to Colorado to get lifesaving abortion

" 'You're at a high chance of going septic or bleeding out,' " she says the doctors told her — a risk of infection or hemorrhage, which could become deadly.

Saying "to get lifesaving abortion" implies she will die. The article talks about complications and possibilities, not a guarantee. But, you knew this and tried to stretch the argument to make your point.
Its quite something to claim that your argument opponents are disingenuously stretching the arguments because they aren't using your pedantic definition of the word "lifesaving".
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2022, 06:20:40 PM »

Government shouldn't be in the business of marriage anyway.

You don't really fully believe this, unless you oppose no-fault divorce and marital rape laws.

We should get rid of no-fault divorce, actually.  It's a cancer on our society.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2022, 10:51:30 AM »

Republicans do know how to win votes and turn out their base so you can't necessarily blame them. If anything I think Democrats should concede these issues to them and simply maintain a economically liberal message. If Democrats can get socially conservative, but economically liberal candidates elected then they could get things like a minimum increase passed. After all I think there are more socially conservative voters than LGBTQ voters in this country, so majority rules.

It speaks volumes that BRTD thinks this is awful but I think this is great.

It speaks volumes as to who is the elitist and who is not.
Not wanting to throw queer people, etc under the bus is not elitism.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2022, 12:12:38 AM »

Seems like this man should be in a psychiatric facility, not a jail cell, even when you take into account the terminal illness.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2022, 01:06:16 PM »

Republicans do know how to win votes and turn out their base so you can't necessarily blame them. If anything I think Democrats should concede these issues to them and simply maintain a economically liberal message. If Democrats can get socially conservative, but economically liberal candidates elected then they could get things like a minimum increase passed. After all I think there are more socially conservative voters than LGBTQ voters in this country, so majority rules.

It speaks volumes that BRTD thinks this is awful but I think this is great.

It speaks volumes as to who is the elitist and who is not.
Not wanting to throw queer people, etc under the bus is not elitism.
Unfortunately, historically there has been a linking of supporting marginalized groups with elitism in this country by reactionaries. Back in the day pro-slavery arguments constantly went back to attacking the abolitionist crowd as rich and elitist Northerns looking down on the Southern way or life and this line of argument carried over into Jim Crow. Hell, anytime the issue of racial profiling by cops comes up at some point the anti-profiling crowd will get attack for living in gated communities. So as much supporting the rights of marginalized people isn’t elitist it definitely has been linked historically
[/b][/i]

The ignorant part is highlighted.

The idea that being socially conservative is throwing people under the bus is ignorant, especially in light of the behavior of the Woke amongst us over the last 2-3 years.
Thank you for posting directly into the thread.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2022, 10:50:15 PM »

8 pages on this in two hours and real issues like inflation are lucky to get two

Abortion, regardless of your view on it, is a very real issue unless you're a smugly sheltered male who can afford to not care. Does that describe you?

Yeah sure smugly sheltered whatever lol I don't care

I don't get the rich part though. Don't you mean "afford to care"?
Most everyone else is getting hit in their wallet because of these prices.

You have to be a certain level of wealthy to consider this an important issue
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2022, 10:48:12 AM »

Belief in right to conquest =/ “extremely awful belief.”
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2022, 09:45:22 PM »

Especially the bolded bit.

I'm a trans woman. Most of my posts are about trans issues. My transness and positions on many trans issues are not obscure, but my positions have been mischaracterized and strawmanned many times, and there are quite a few trans issues on which I've never made my position clear on this forum.

First of all, before stating my position on how things should be, one must understand that the facts of how things currently are, are greatly misunderstood by the vast majority of cis debatebros and online talkshow hosts who have made Pwning the Troons their favorite past time. We spend a lot of time discussing youth transitioners, but ignore how hard it is for trans adults to obtain their healthcare. It often requires multiple doctors' notes, years of gender therapy, and years of living openly as their gender (without any transition care or legal name changes). Even once someone is on hormones, it requires years of waiting to even be considered for surgeries, and then more years of waiting to actually get those surgeries. A lot of stuff isn't covered by insurance because it's considered "experimental" and/or "cosmetic" — even hormones aren't covered a lot. It's ten times harder for minors.

Informed consent should be the standard model for all adults, and everything should be covered by insurance. Most posters know I would expand this informed consent model to those below the age of 18; I think 15 would be a good age for that right to apply to. Hormones should be available to those below that age with reasonable restrictions; parental consent can certainly play a role in the approval process, but there should be ways to be approved without parental consent due to the prevalence of parents who oppose their children's transition for transphobic reasons, often in an explicitly abusive way. I think puberty blockers should have few if any restrictions. We need to streamline the name change and gender marker changing process; people never talk about how hard that is. I do support protections of trans workers from tranpshobic harassment in the workplace, and accept that those protections could lead to the firing the transphobic co-workers. None of this is stuff I haven't said before on Atlas.

I never commented on my position of trans sports issues, though assumptions have been made about my position, assumptions that aren't accurate. I come at this issue from a unique position, not just as a trans woman, but as a former youth sports official, a fairly good former youth athlete, and a much bigger sports fan than the average trans girl (I know hundreds of trans women; I know two, besides myself, who enjoy watching sports, and I don't know any former athletes besides myself). I officated boys, girls, and co-ed varieties of basketball, soccer, baseball, and softball, ranging from kindergarten to 8th grade levels.

As an athlete, my best sport was baseball (I was the starting catcher for my high school boys' junior varsity team, more on that later), but I played soccer on a co-ed team until 5th grade. Starting in 5th grade, the boys and girls split off into their own soccer team. I wanted to play on the girls' team, the girls on the team wanted me to join them, and the coaches were open to looking into it. But I got beaten at home (a liberal, secular, and pro-gay household, mind you) and by the boys on the team, so that was the end of my soccer career.

As an official of all different combinations of genders and age levels in multiple sports, here is my view. First of all, I've never once had a trans kid, to my knowledge, play in a game I've officiated, so this issue is not as prominent as transphobes would like you to believe. Secondly, I have seen co-ed teams where cis girls, even at junior high ages, were far better players players their male counterparts; the idea that testosterone makes a male athlete automatically capable of destroying their female counterparts is false. As an official of these public rec leagues, my job was not only to call balls and strikes, but to ensure that the leagues were safe, educational, and fun for the kids. I had to protect kids from angry parents and coaches. I had to protect kids from bullying from other kids. Some of these kids, I'm sure, have gone on to fine high school and college athletic careers, but the point of my job and our leagues was not to facilitate a a minor league for the World Cup, March Madness, or the World Series. It was about recreation more than competition. It was about teaching kids about teamwork, physical fitness, creativity, practice, following rules, and fun. Youth sports are an extremely valuable tool for kids to learn, grow, and bond with peers. We should not take that away from kids, regardless of gender, even if gender entails being transgender.

When we start talking about NCAA, Olympics, and pro sports, yes, competition becomes a more valid concern. The NCAA and Olympics already have restrictions on trans athletes which I think are more or less fair. You have to be on HRT for X amount of time to compete, and while we can argue about what X should equal, I agree with that rule. Pro sports are private leagues; they can set their own rules, I don't really care. I'll say this about HRT — I used to pitch during blowouts in high school baseball to preserve the arms of the pitchers with talent, and I could max out my pitch velocity at 70mph (which is way less than what the best cis women can throw). After a year of estrogen, I was curious to see how hard I could throw; I could only throw mid 50s — if I felt like blowing my arm out, maybe I could have touched 60. I'm probably maxing out at low-mid 50s now, if I tried, so the myth that trans women are super athletes is simply false.

But youth sports should not have those restrictions. It should be about the kids and ensuring that they get out of sports the important lessons and values that sports have a unique ability to fulfill. And in general, when we talk about sports, I'm a big fan of co-ed sports and think there should be more of them. Not only do we see that girls can and do kick the boys' assess across sports and age levels (the advantage that testosterone gives over estrogen in sports and physical strength really only starts to show when we're comparing the best athletes of both genders against each other; most regular people are average, not superathletes), I think we have an epidemic in this country where men and women don't know how to interact and work with each other, they don't trust each other, they stereotype and hate each other. I think that has a lot to do with gender segregation that starts in school. Boys in co-ed sports are less likely to become misogynistic. I support co-ed sports. But, when sports are segregated by gender, I do want trans kids included on their preferred gender's team with no questions asked if it's a public or youth league.

I am confident that the policies against trans people right now constitute the makings of a genocide. The message to trans people is clear: stop existing as trans people, and if that means you stop existing as living people, then tough sh!t. It is so ridiculous that such a small minority has been targeted to this extent for little reason other than to throw red meat at a base of angry, bigoted people. I have never seen a minority, except maybe for Muslims, get this much hate from secular, social liberals, many of whom are pro-LGB where it counts. This is a horrifying time to be trans. This is a major civil rights issue. It's scary. And it's not going to end with trans people. We're an easy target, but so were the commies, queers, Gypsies, and Jews in the beginning days of the Holocaust.

You should be banned from posting in this thread.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2022, 07:44:49 PM »

We can assume the company hasn't invested a lot of time/money into you, correct?  'cause if they have, that would be seriously effed up to do (and I'd hope they'd have some recourse against you, but, ya know....France).

Someone is having a severe mental health crisis and Dead0 here pulls this s**t.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2022, 06:13:55 PM »

I don't really think people are evil for doing this considering how vile Pregnancy Crisis Centers are, but this kind of thing probably isn't great for society.

Pregnancy Crisis Centers do more good for mothers and their children than places like Planned Parenthood have ever done.
Maybe if you believe a mindless clump of cells should be treated like a thinking feeling conscious human being, but I don't live in that world.
You should also be banned from posting in this thread.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2022, 01:35:51 PM »

I don't really think people are evil for doing this considering how vile Pregnancy Crisis Centers are, but this kind of thing probably isn't great for society.

Pregnancy Crisis Centers do more good for mothers and their children than places like Planned Parenthood have ever done.
Maybe if you believe a mindless clump of cells should be treated like a thinking feeling conscious human being, but I don't live in that world.
You should also be banned from posting in this thread.
Somebody's upset.
Dude, I just want this thread to be about genuinely terrible posts and not just any opinion reactionaries don't like.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2022, 08:44:19 PM »

I don't know if anyone ever "knows for certain" but I don't see how anyone other than the child in question could possibly claim they know better.

Honestly children in general shouldn't be gendered until they ask to be.
Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean it belongs in the thread.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2022, 04:42:59 PM »

The answer is "never" as long as the media, the government and NGOs don't coerce vulnerable children to believe so.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2022, 08:23:58 PM »

The answer is "never" as long as the media, the government and NGOs don't coerce vulnerable children to believe so.
The simple truths thread is that way -->
Stop clogging this thread with nonsense. Please and thank you.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2022, 10:57:14 PM »

Anyone here who is pro-choice but believes that it should be a legislative matter?

No. A woman's autonomy of her own body is a divine right, not one to be granted or restricted by any government.

This is the bad posts gallery, not the "posts I disagree with" gallery.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2022, 06:08:05 PM »

An immigration system that makes people feel they need to smuggle themselves into America in horrifyingly dangerous conditions is an immigration system that is far too restrictive.

Open the borders and let people come here freely like we did when my ancestors came here.
That post is better than anything you've ever posted on this site.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2022, 06:13:21 PM »

Anyway if y'all are going to spam this thread with stuff that doesn't belong you get to have some of your dumb s**t posted

The Republican disappointment that there was no mass violence is palpable.
Just like the Democratic disappointment that January 6th wasn't an insurrection.

I think what goes hand and hand with this is our present disrespect for women in society. Women still do not have equality in this country and because of that, women are not really full citizens yet. I say we are second-class citizens, along with people with a darker skin color, poor people, and more.

So what do we do about it? Education? Raising awareness? Bringing back respect for each other somehow? We are woefully unenlightened in this country and seriously need a re-set of our priorities.

What rights do men have that women do not?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies