The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:49:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168578 times)
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« on: December 21, 2021, 02:10:07 AM »

Context: Omicron symptoms are milder than previous variants of covid

Mild symptoms? Pancreatic cancer first manifests itself with mild symptoms.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 07:39:35 PM »

Good.

Affirmative action is the greatest example of modern-day systemic racism.

Systemic racism? Talk about white fragility.

Fragility is when people are upset about being discriminated against, apparently.

Oh my goodness, white people have every advantage imaginable. Universities making a small effort to correct for this imbalance isn't discrimination. Mediocre white people need to realize that maybe they aren't qualified instead of crying about affirmative action.

Asians are white?

White adjacent, yes.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 08:44:44 PM »

A C, he has definitely handled the Ukraine crisis well, but his bungling of the Afghanistan withdrawal as well as the decision to leave at all were particularly awful.

Yes, instead we should've stayed there for twenty more years, lost thousands more people, and wasted trillions more dollars...

"wasted trillions of dollars," because providing foreign and humanitarian aid and building a nation is apparently a waste. This type of selfish attitude is exactly why we are seeing the world move away from humanitarianism and turn its back on human rights issues across the world, of course, it seems that you don't care for that. Anyways we should've stayed as long as was needed to turn Afghanistan into a flourishing nation with a stable democracy, I don't care if that takes 10 years, 20 years, 100 years, or 200 years.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 02:12:37 PM »

Context:

Hard to imagine anything more humiliating than getting second place in a competition nobody on earth else cares about only for the dumbest people on earth to go insane and demand I get a participation trophy for losing. Personally, I think I would prefer to just practice more
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 12:56:57 PM »

IQ is useless. I have thought that ever since my sister tested higher than me.

Instant classic.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 11:17:16 AM »

We basically need to ban restaurants (all kinds, not just fast food), and all food that isn't deemed healthy by a panel of CDC appointed doctors if we want to increase our life expectancy.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2022, 09:33:04 AM »

Only people who are bigoted or sexually harass their co-workers.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2022, 03:07:21 PM »

emphasis mine:

Good to know what the national media's response to a candidate with Down syndrome or autism would be. I mean, surely if someone who has a stroke cannot serve in government, that means that someone with one of those disorders would also be unfit to serve?
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2022, 05:04:29 PM »

This narrative that Hillary was a weak candidate/campaigner needs to stop. It wasn’t her fault she lost, it was the Democratic base’s. If they couldn’t be bothered to Pokémon Go To The Polls, that was their problem.
This is the best example I've ever seen of Dems thinking they are automatically owed votes.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2022, 02:13:55 PM »

Citizen comment, as a registered Pennsylvanian.

This is a horrifying bill that will cause many children to suffer. It is a widely accepted principle that although children to not possess full capacity for informed consent, their guardians possess the duty and right to act in the child's best interests on their behalf. Many psychiatric practices are well-established to be safe, effective, and necessary for particular conditions. A few years ago I developed severe OCD out of nowhere. It was a living hell. Years of treatment combining medication and cognitive behavioral therapy saved me from this hell and allowed me to regain control of my life.

I was 21. Under this bill, if I was just a few years younger, I would have been denied under the law to pursue the course of care that is unanimously recommended by all experts on OCD, and which restored my well-being. This is a cruel bill that appears to be based on a rigid and misguided ideological agenda with no consideration of cold hard reality. OCD is not merely some personality difference or quirk like some say of conditions like autism and ADHD. It is a severe, debilitating and torturous mental illness. Nobody with actual OCD likes or appreciates their OCD. They want it gone. It is estimated that 1 in 40 Atlasians suffer from this hellish condition.

I urge every one of you to vote no on this bill which leaves minors with OCD, and other debilitating conditions, unable to access the proven care they need to restore well being to their lives.

Probably written in the heat of the moment (because of context), but completely misjudged and ignorant section. I do understand where the comment in its entire form comes from but this part undermines it. It's just incredibly offensive.

Don't try to validate your mental disorder by trying to minimalize/invalidate others by saying it's just some quirk or some personality difference... You don't make friends that way and comparing yourself to who has it more rough simply is generally not done. It is simply not respectful.
It is not offensive. I explained in the other thread. "Like some say" - this was clearly targeted at Adowemiti, who is anti-psychiatry. Please work on your reading comprehension and stop getting offended so easily.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies