The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:20:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 128
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168386 times)
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2350 on: February 07, 2023, 02:22:30 PM »

It’s easier to rape someone when you have a penis

This post is so moronic that I'm submitting it here.

The logical conclusion of your argument is that cis women are just as likely to have the inclination/desire to rape someone, they just lack the capability to do so because they don't have penises. That's moronic for several reasons.
Or cis men are more likely to have the inclination/desire, and having a penis just makes it even easier for them to act on that desire
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2351 on: February 07, 2023, 08:36:14 PM »

This post is so moronic that I'm submitting it here.

The logical conclusion of your argument is that cis women are just as likely to have the inclination/desire to rape someone, they just lack the capability to do so because they don't have penises. That's moronic for several reasons.
Or cis men are more likely to have the inclination/desire, and having a penis just makes it even easier for them to act on that desire
I feel sorry for your girlfriend if you honestly think that a penis is the easiest way to do sexual contact.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #2352 on: February 08, 2023, 03:22:31 PM »

1. Courts is also pro choice just like you are and is definitely to the left of you on LGBT issues

2. Courts has turned on Trump big time since Jan 6th and has said multiple times she thinks he should be in jail. She also is not a fan of most major Republicans right now either and also dislikes Reagan and the Bushes.

Btw you would not win Alabama but I could see a map where Courts does really really well for a Republican in the North East and Upper Midwest while you do much better in Appalachia and the South.

Maybe Courts would do better than average for a Republican in like Massachusetts and her home state of Rhode Island, just like I might do better than average for a Democrat in Kentucky, but I think I would still sweep the Northeast. Indeed I think I would do quite well in New Hampshire and Maine, which are really the only things close to swing states in the region. Not to mention Pennsylvania, which is on the border of the Northeast and Appalachia. As for the Upper Midwest, I fail to see how I would be remotely disadvantaged there. It's not either of our home regions (though I have spent a considerable amount of time there, not sure about Courts), but I think my positions would overall be much more popular than hers among independents and swing voters. Including on the trans issue. I might underperform slightly in suburban Minnesota or something, but I think I would overperform in just about all of the rest of the region. "Tough on crime" might be her only advantage over me there, and I would probably make up for that and then some with overwhelming black support in the cities and better-than-average rural white support.

Also let's address the elephant in the room: Republican turnout would be deeply depressed by a pro-choice, trans, anti-Trump Republican. My heterodox views are only slightly out of the mainstream for my party in comparison, and honestly really aren't even heterodox at all among the rank and file base. Certainly there won't be many black or Latino or ancestral D white voters who refuse to vote for me because they think I'm "transphobic."

What could happen, and I guess what you are getting at, is some "woke" suburban whites might find Courts more palatable than me. Though if I bashed her on her history of Trump support and right-wing populist views, I'm sure I could bring many back into the fold, however reluctantly. Also a good chunk of that demographic, including and in fact perhaps especially women, would sympathize with my more gender critical views whether they would openly admit it or not. Just look at VA-GOV 2021 for proof of that. I would certainly have the "TERF" vote locked up!

Add up all my turnout and demographic advantages, and frankly just the prejudice my opponent would unfortunately face even among many swing voters, along with doubtlessly a revolt against her among her own party? I really don't see how I don't easily win this election. I see myself slightly underperforming in the most liberal states, significantly overperforming in most swing states, and dramatically overperforming in most red states. Especially in my home region.

The reason Courts would do really well in the upper midwest/Rust Belt is due to the fact that she is pretty economic populist(very protectionist on trade issues, and pro infrastructure spending) , pretty non interventionist when it comes to foreign policy and that type of message appeals in the midwest. Add to the fact that she is pretty socially liberal, I think states like Michigan would vote for Courts. Btw this is how I think this is how the  map would look like

TX would decide the outcome and btw I think WI could vote more Democratic than MN here lol

LOL are you f--king insane?

A trans, pro-choice, anti-Trump yet still right-wing populist Republican may just well be the most disadvantaged candidate imaginable.

I would win New Hampshire and Maine with over 60% of the vote, Pennsylvania and Michigan with 55%+. The idea that I would outright LOSE these states is copium to an extent I've never even imagined possible before, and I've seen Russians trying to explain their losses in the Ukraine war!

Your "reasons" for thinking otherwise are so predictably stupid it's almost hard to believe you actually said them. The myth that the upper Midwest/rust belt is some anti-trade monolith is tired and ridiculous. At absolute best the region is very divided on the issue of trade, with farmers being hurt by protectionist policies and some factory workers arguably marginally benefiting from some of it. Overall it's a net positive in my favor, especially when you consider all the demographic/turnout advantages I otherwise have in the region. Also there really is no evidence outside maybe WW2 (a lifetime ago and then some, literally) that this region is particularly "non-interventionist." I have no doubt I would easily win these states in this match-up.

I also would likely win Florida and Nevada (a state I can't even fathom why you put into the R column) at least. And honestly think it is even more likely that I would win states like Ohio and Missouri and South Carolina than that I would lose states like Michigan and Pennsylvania and Minnesota, let alone New Hampshire and Maine. The delusional copium here is off the charts!

I mean literally it feels like an actual, unironic child with maybe 2 seconds worth of education about how the political system in America works made this map. "Uh hurr durr muh Midwest is like, totes isolationist and protectionist, man! That's why it voted for Mondale in 1984! Totes would vote for a transgender pro-choice liberal Republican who is Trumpist in only the most electorally unpalataple ways then, OBVIOUSLY!"

Like, it's just downright embarrassing and cringeworthy and insulting. I may be far from perfect as a candidate, but I would clean up in this election. Massively overcorrecting for perceived and exaggerated biases in both directions is nonsensical cringe. Like it is way, WAY more likely that Courts wins Texas than New Hampshire still. Maybe your nonsense scenario makes for a more interesting and competitive map, but it doesn't bear even the slightest resemeblance to what the reality would be.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2353 on: February 08, 2023, 07:29:13 PM »

Dude, you posted an article meant to demonize trans women as sex pests. Don't push this "I'm respectful" crap.

If the mods (one of whom later admitted he fully agreed with everything I said) had allowed me to post my commentary along with that article and let it stand, you would see that is not at all what I was doing. If that's what you got from literally just a link to the article itself though, I don't know what to tell you. It's not what I for one got from it, intended to mean by posting it, or what I believe.

I didn't bother reading any of Alben's essay, but as a bepeniled woman, this is objectively true. A trans woman's penis may still be a penis, but estrogen really does a number on the thing, and to claim otherwise is an affront to the Biological Reality™ he claims to uphold.

"I didn't read it, lol I'm proudly ignorant of what I'm talking about and who I'm making slanderous claims of genocidal bigotry against, but lol he must be wrong."

No one said estrogen doesn't do "a number on the thing," but the fact of the matter is a penis is not a female part biologically, no matter what's been done to it. Otherwise why would it even cause you "dysphoria" and why would the endgoal for most trans women seem to be to rid themselves of it?

I'd rather be too accepting of trans people than not at all accepting of them.
Alben [is] not some raging transphobe who wants all trans people to die.
Are you out of your mind? Even if you believe him when he says these things, he's way too obsessed with the issue. No wonder he views Good Old J.K. as a maternal figure; he inherited her obsession with the trannies.

If I was in the UK, I could sue you for libel for the outlandish claim that I "want all trans people to die." Rowling has shown remarkable restraint for not doing the same, frankly.

I'd rather be too accepting of trans people than not at all accepting of them.
Alben [is] not some raging transphobe who wants all trans people to die.
Are you out of your mind? Even if you believe him when he says these things, he's way too obsessed with the issue. No wonder he views Good Old J.K. as a maternal figure; he inherited her obsession with the trannies.
This 1000%. This really gets to my annoyance with Alben (and JK). It’d be one thing if they like 1 time said something anti trans and got hounded for it but both of them can’t shut the f**k up about it. JK tweets about trans stuff 24/7 and practically every train wreck thread that dealt with trans issues Alben was either the OP and said something awful or 1 of the first posters to stir sh*t on it

Sounds like you just want people who disagree with you to keep their mouths shut.

Very authoritarian, and frankly only compels those of us who hate such authoritarian attitudes to speak out more.

What's wrong with Ferguson, especially on trans issues?

Obviously far too accepting of trans people and willing to defend them.
Pretty much this. He's so accepting and willing to defend trans people that I almost feel as if he's a psyop designed to make transphobes look reasonable.

You're so close to getting it... It almost feels like you KNOW I am the more reasonable debater making more reasonable points, yet feel compelled to falsely deride me as a "transphobe" anyway because you see this more as a team sports thing where I simply must be on the wrong "side" than a matter of logic and principle.

"In Your Heart, You Know He's Right" maybe?

Lol
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2354 on: February 10, 2023, 10:18:02 AM »

Do the first 23 years of my life count? I grew up in a family that didn't drink for religious reasons. My Grandma would literally draw a line on her wine to see if anyone had drank it with big 'FOR COOKING ONLY' lettering.

I haven't drank for the last couple months either and honestly don't miss it. Besides a brunch with some friends a few weeks ago, but no more drinking at home or alone for me.
Click for context/see topic line.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2355 on: February 10, 2023, 12:43:51 PM »

Do the first 23 years of my life count? I grew up in a family that didn't drink for religious reasons. My Grandma would literally draw a line on her wine to see if anyone had drank it with big 'FOR COOKING ONLY' lettering.

I haven't drank for the last couple months either and honestly don't miss it. Besides a brunch with some friends a few weeks ago, but no more drinking at home or alone for me.
Click for context/see topic line.

Cause I misunderstood the thread title..?

You’re an odd one brtd.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2356 on: February 10, 2023, 05:38:20 PM »

Also, while I'm on it (cause I've wanted to say this for a while) this thread is really just a 'posts/user I dislike thread' more than anything. Less than a quarter of the posts are truly absurd irrespective of the person's ideology in a general sense. But I digress.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2357 on: February 10, 2023, 05:41:48 PM »

RS say we can't give out anymore Stimulus money well news flash we already have stimulus checks it's called Welfare Food stamps, Medicare and SSA and Student loans and Grants

You can borrow more than you need for school that's a stimulus check, so when they stopped giving out 1400 checks they didn't end stimulus check we still have welfare
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2358 on: February 10, 2023, 06:22:41 PM »

Also, while I'm on it (cause I've wanted to say this for a while) this thread is really just a 'posts/user I dislike thread' more than anything. Less than a quarter of the posts are truly absurd irrespective of the person's ideology in a general sense. But I digress.

Agreed. Posting here is mostly just a sign that one is too much of a coward to address someone’s points in the relevant thread. This thread should be deleted.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2359 on: February 10, 2023, 09:17:44 PM »

Agreed. Posting here is mostly just a sign that one is too much of a coward to address someone’s points in the relevant thread. This thread should be deleted.
What "point" is there to address in that post above? It just has nothing to do with the question in the topic of it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2360 on: February 14, 2023, 01:10:42 PM »

There isn't even a national anthem by law anyway
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #2361 on: February 14, 2023, 07:26:47 PM »

DeSantis seems to be following the Matt Bevin strategy of "Piss off all the teachers, SURELY this will lead to me coasting to election!"

It's a bold strategy, Cotton, let's see how it pays off for him...

Florida teachers clearly aren't as intelligent as Kentucky teachers. 
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2362 on: February 14, 2023, 07:43:19 PM »

DeSantis seems to be following the Matt Bevin strategy of "Piss off all the teachers, SURELY this will lead to me coasting to election!"

I make no apologies for this. If any Florida teacher clutches their pearls over what DeSuckass did to their profession after voting for him in his landslide re-election, which many certainly did, they deserve what they get.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2363 on: February 15, 2023, 03:31:07 AM »

A pre-op (originally heterosexual) trans woman is no less likely to commit sex crimes than a straight cis male.

Not only is this is objectively false, it’s completely illogical and stupid. It insinuates that there’s something about bottom surgery that reduces the likelihood that someone will commit sexual assault.

Not unless your fingers and mouth have also been cut off. Not joking.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2364 on: February 15, 2023, 09:26:18 AM »

I make no apologies for this. If any Florida teacher clutches their pearls over what DeSuckass did to their profession after voting for him in his landslide re-election, which many certainly did, they deserve what they get.

I guarantee you that Florida teachers did not vote for DeSantis.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #2365 on: February 15, 2023, 10:18:57 AM »

A pre-op (originally heterosexual) trans woman is no less likely to commit sex crimes than a straight cis male.

Not only is this is objectively false, it’s completely illogical and stupid. It insinuates that there’s something about bottom surgery that reduces the likelihood that someone will commit sexual assault.

A rapist can’t orgasm from fingering or blowing their victim, so there wouldn’t be as much of a reason for them to do so
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2366 on: February 15, 2023, 11:21:41 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2023, 11:27:07 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Biden isn't out of the woods but as the polls are telling us Docugate isn't mattering that much, people are still looking at inflation but RS lied and said that as soon as they got the H they will tackle inflation that's why they are still losing

The bellwether is gonna be OH like it was meant to be with Sherrod Brown he is gonna do better because he is the incumbent than Ryan, just like Tester does better than Bullock, we still are in trouble in WV but since Presley and Beshear are leading we have wave insurance in MO

FL and TX have blk men running whom are underdogs just like Shawn Wilson is in LA

SC is gonna be a new battleground because it's a Carolina replace IA 6 with SC 8 RS can win IA, FL and TX by 7/12 PT's  and its still a landslide loss 340 D EC votes I said between 303 and 335 and I was right not 415

Filibuster proof Trifecta is almost here OH, AZ, MT, MO, WV S and KY, NC, MS Gov and OH, AZ, NC and SC at Prez
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2367 on: February 15, 2023, 04:17:33 PM »

Mass incarceration is based. The countries with the highest incarceration rates (USA, Uruguay, Bahamas) tend to be better countries to live in than those with the lowest incarceration rates (Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, Guinea-Bissau).
Poverty not incarceration is the reason the standard of living is higher
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2368 on: February 15, 2023, 04:20:24 PM »

Mass incarceration is based. The countries with the highest incarceration rates (USA, Uruguay, Bahamas) tend to be better countries to live in than those with the lowest incarceration rates (Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, Guinea-Bissau).

Yeah, and by keeping bad actors incarcerated, you help create a more stable society, which is the most important thing for economic growth.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2369 on: February 15, 2023, 04:25:02 PM »

Yeah, and by keeping bad actors incarcerated, you help create a more stable society, which is the most important thing for economic growth.

That’s true but it was also an argument used to legalize slavery and one of the reasons the South was so reluctant to abolish  it.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2370 on: February 15, 2023, 08:08:26 PM »

A rapist can’t orgasm from fingering or blowing their victim, so there wouldn’t be as much of a reason for them to do so

This is deeply wrong. Rape is about power more than anything else.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2371 on: February 16, 2023, 11:20:46 AM »
« Edited: February 16, 2023, 11:24:07 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Users can't accept the fact Presley and Stein and Tester and Beshear are winning why did Biden win the Primary he is WC not a Dixiecrat but a Lewis Powell Pragmatism the WC were Labor at the turn of the Century but they believe in Judicial restraint FDR and Wilson expanded what Jefferson didnt do Judicial review in Income tax and declaring Apartheid like Lincoln did with Slavery as unconstitutional

Expect Kunce whom is a Nixon and Kander clone to be +4 on Hawley and Brown +5 on Dolan that's why my map is 346 not 303 or 416 it's a 538 map

I am waiting on Quinton Lucas to declare for MO Gov
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2372 on: February 16, 2023, 02:03:39 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2023, 02:08:00 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Eday is already over RS can't win without AZ and Gallego is leading I said if RS lose KY Gov that's a sign they are gonna have trouble come 24 we win red states outside of FL and TX, KS 22

Except for Rocky Mnt W and TX and FL and the Bible belt the rest of us don't like Trumpism anyway 346D
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2373 on: February 18, 2023, 01:41:06 AM »

Or- possibly- people like Lia Thomas only transitioned because they were sh**tty swimmers as men.

The insinuation that someone would go through gender reassignment for the sole purpose of increasing their relative standing as an athlete is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen anyone say about trans people on this site.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2374 on: February 18, 2023, 02:26:23 AM »

Or- possibly- people like Lia Thomas only transitioned because they were sh**tty swimmers as men.

The insinuation that someone would go through gender reassignment for the sole purpose of increasing their relative standing as an athlete is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen anyone say about trans people on this site.

Well, people like Thomas IIRC didn't actually go through gender reassignment.

Also, people on this site have said much more offensive stuff about trans people than that.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 128  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies