Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:02:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 85332 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 17, 2014, 08:21:17 PM »
« edited: September 01, 2014, 12:13:56 AM by Senator Lumine »

Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game:

Cast:

Stannis Baratheon, King in the Narrow Sea (Oakvale)
Renly Baratheon, King in Highgarden (Simfan34)
Robb Stark, King in the North (Antonio V)
Balon Greyjoy, King in the Iron Islands (SJoyce)
Daenerys Targaryen, Queen in Essos (Averroes Nix)
Doran Martell, Prince of Dorne (TheCranberry)
Mace Tyrell, Lord of the Reach (Spamage)
Tywin Lannister, Lord of the Westerlands (Mr. X)
Tyrion Lannister, Acting Hand of the King (Dr. Cynic)
Lysa Arryn, Lady Regent of the Vale (Dereich)

Rules and Guidelines:

Your role in this game will be similar for all players, but will also depend on your position as a Lord or a King/Queen. Some must conquer the Iron Throne, some must fight for independence, some for the prosperity of their lands. You can pass laws and rule over your lands, appoint your military commanders and give orders to your armies, trade and search for income, send emissaries (public and or via PM), hire sellswords, pass sentence, and solve some issues I have prepared for you as time goes on. You will have to balance the wishes of your vassals carefully, as mistreating them could lead to rebellions or to your own death.

-Turns will last three months in-game, and should last about a week (give or take a few days).

-You are encouraged to make public announcements and public discussion in the game thread, and you must sent your military disposition and moves by PM.

-You may design plots, which must be sent via PM along with the co-conspirators. Depending on the character, his assets and a roll dice, these may work with varying success or be discovered. If your plot is discovered, you will lose prestige and you won’t be able to plot for the next two turns.

-In order to enhance the political simulation, all Kings are required to have a Hand of the King. A Small Council and a Kingsguard, however, are only mandatory to the ruler in King’s Landing. All players will have stats that will cover their legitimacy, their prestige (which has consequences in negotiations with NPC’s) and their money (we will use gold dragons instead of stags).

-We will always start with an update phase, then with the result of the immediate plots or military campaigns and then an end to the turn in which I will comment on what happened.

-Some of the players will be able to use their "special ability" or those of their allies, something that in the beginning is limited to Stannis (Melisandre can use fire magic and up to two shadow babies in short range), Robb (Greywind) and Daenerys (Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal).

-Unlike Balance of Power, I will use a dice to determine most of the events, meaning plots, battles and negotiation with characters that are not playable. I have to refine the system to see how it works, but for plots is 1 for failure and 6 for success (with additional numbers depending on the risks, plot power and such), for negotiation is the same and for battles we will use a tactical roll and a casualty roll (just like in the original game). In the tactical roll, the winner is the side with the larger number, and the difference between the numbers will dictate how significant the victory is. If one player gets 10 and the other 9, it’s not a significant victory, but a 10 v. 2 is, etc. The number of dice is defaulted at two, and for each "asset" a side has, a dice is added. The casualty roll is a simple roll for each side. The higher the number, the higher the amount of men lost, which I may adapt if it doesn’t make sense with the context and the tactical results. All of these rolls will be posted in a spoiler at the end of each update, and if there are issues the rules can be subject to change. I'll try to keep the process as transparent as possible.

Notes:

- If you have a problem with the IC behavior of another player then PM me personally.
- The GM reserves the right to overrule any player action.
- No other player may declare himself a King (unless I approve).
- Spoilers on events past Season 2/Clash of Kings is an instant ban from the game. ESPECIALLY THAT EVENT.
- While being busy in other things may mean that this game could suffer a couple of delays, I'm more than happy to try and see if it works, and I certainly hope it does!
- Please keep the fun of other players in mind!

Westeros and Essos:

Westeros:

Westeros Basic Boundaries:

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 08:22:44 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2014, 09:47:30 PM by Senator Lumine »

298 AL (4), or "Five Kings": (Part I)

General View:

While Five Kings have declared in Westeros, the only ones really in the field are Robb Stark and Joffrey Baratheon (with Tywin Lannister fighting for him) who are locked in an ugly stalemate across the Riverlands. Balon Greyjoy has gathered his fleet, but nobody knows what he'll do. Stannis and Renly Baratheon gather their swords in Dragonstone, Highgarden and Storm's End, but it's hard to tell where they wiill strike first as well. The gossip points out that Daenerys Targaryen has somehow acquired dragons, but with Essos so far away, it's hard to tell what will happen with her at this point. With Dorne and the Vale neutral and the Free Cities of Esso watching the moves very carefully, the Five Kings will need some luck and some skill to defeat each other. I have included a few quotes and strategical info as well, have luck, my Lords!

Quotes:

"I shall leave King's Landing, I have decided to serve the one true ruler of Westeros."
(Ser Barristan Selmy after being dismissed from the Kingsguard, his whereabouts are unknown)

"Lord Mace is my liege and Renly my King, but I cannot send my fleet and my men against the Lannisters. They hold my two sons in King's Landing, and while I beg the forgiveness of my liege and my King, I can't move and risk their lives."
(Lord Paxter Redwyne of the Arbor, explaining why he can't move his fleet)

Info:

Tyrion Lannister:
-Prestige: 5/10 (Has risen as Hand of the King, but is still despised by many)
-Gold: 250.000 GD of his own money (But the Crown is 6.250.000 GD in debt).
-Legitimacy: 6/10 (he has a decree of Lord Tywin, but Cersei challenges his authority)

-As you have arrived in King’s Landing to take control of the capital from Cersei and Joffrey, it has become evident that only a very efficient and calculated rule can keep the city going. The first step will most likely be enacted in the small council, as you don’t feel you can trust them. You have Pycelle and Janos Slynt as Cersei’s lackeys and Littlefinger and Varys as the perpetual turncloaks (though Varys has shown an interest in befriending you), and the offices of Master of Laws and Master of Ships are still open after Renly and Stannis crowned themselves. And there’s also the need for preparing the forces of the region, including the Crownlander Army, the Gold Cloaks and your own clansmen and sellswords. As of now, and as long as you can control Cersei, you directly command the remaining Lords of the Crownlands (Lord Rosby, Lady Stokeworth and such) and your sellswords and clansmen (Bronn and Shagga leading them), and technically you can give orders to the Crownlander Army, provided Lord Tywin doesn’t request their support. You also have Sansa Start and the twins Horas and Hobber Redwyne as hostages.

Stannis Baratheon:
-Prestige: 7/10 (Military reputation, suffers from the lack of allies)
-Gold: 400.000 GD (Has taken debts to Salladhor Saan and several merchants)
-Legitimacy: 7/10 (followed by his Lords and senior brother to Robert, but some doubt him)

-Ser Davos Seaworth reports that the fleet is ready to sail when needed, and he has had another discussion with the Lady Melisandre. Ser Davos insists that you seek more allies, Melisandre says that you don’t need to beg the Lords for their support. There’s also the issue of where to sail, as your options are open. As of now, you hold Dragonstone and all the Houses of the Narrow Sea (Celtigar, Velaryon, Bar Emmon, Sunglass), plus House Farring, knights like Ser Axell Florent, Ser Davos Seaworth and his sons, Ser Justin Massey and Ser Richard Horpe, and Salladhor Saan as the head of your naval mercenaries. You can also rely on the support of the Lady Melisandre, as she can assassinate enemies with the “Shadow Baby” (you can only use this twice, and only if the Lady Melisandre is very near to the target) and use her fire magic in battle (magic that you will need to replenish with King’s blood).

Tywin Lannister:
-Prestige: 8/10 (The “Rains of Castamere” effect slightly weakened by Robb)
-Gold: 5.000.000 GD (Ser Stafford’s army will spend a lot with training and you have to sustain Harrenhal and King’s Landing)
-Legitimacy: 10/10 (Undisputed Lord of the Westerlands)

-After losing Jaime’s army and with Ser Stafford’s troops being young recruits out of Lannisport (“mere rabble”, he reports), your own army of veterans seems rather valuable to lose. So far you have managed to safely regroup at Harrenhal, and while the likes of Amory Lorch and Ser Gregor Clegane grown restless, your options are open as well in that regard. What really worries you is that you have to fight Robb Stark and the Baratheon brothers as well, so new allies are a priority. You control the whole of the Westerlands + Harrenhall, and you have your army and Ser Stafford’s recruits in Lannisport, and you can count on commanders like your brother Kevan, Lord Harys Swift, Ser Addam Marbard, Lord Leo Lefford, Ser Gregor Clegane, Ser Amory Lorch and the mercenary captain Vargo Hoat. You have hostages from Robb Stark’s army as well, Ser Wylis Manderly, Harrion Karstark and three Freys.

Renly Baratheon:
-Prestige: 6/10 (Has support from powerful Houses, but he hasn’t shown his value)
-Gold: 750.000 GD (No debts)
-Legitimacy: 5/10 (Despite the support, he is younger than Stannis and has no victories yet)

-After being proclaimed, crowned and wed, you have to choose what to do now. Some suggest preparing for your future rule by appointing a Hand, a Council and a Kingsguard, and there’s the issue of how complicated is to keep such a large army coordinated to march on your enemies. Coordination with Mace Tyrell is key here. You can count of the support of the Reach (see Mace Tyrell) and all of the Stormlords, which means you have a good number of capable commanders and allies in Ser Loras Tyrell, Lord Bryce Caron, Lord Selwyn and Lady Brienne of Tarth, Ser Parmen Crane, Ser Robar Royce, Ser Cortnay Penrose (currently in Storm’s End), the Fossoways and Ronnet Connington. You also have Robert’s bastard, Edric Storm.

Balon Greyjoy:
-Prestige: 4/10 (Despised and underestimated in Westeros after the Greyjoy Rebellion)
-Gold: 250.000 GD (and the Ironborn army and navy spends less than the rest of the Kingdoms)
-Legitimacy: 9/10 (He is unchallenged in his authority, save for the exiled Euron)

-What is dead may never die. The brave Ironborn sailors are ready, your grace. Ready to plunder and attack your enemies as you name them, ready to sail to the Seven Kingdoms and pay the Iron price. Where shall the Iron Fleet strike? Now, you obviously command all of the Iron Islands and your family (expect Theon and your rebel brother Euron), but your most powerful vassals and commanders are Asha, Aeron (Drowned Man) and Lord Captain Victarion Greyjoy, Lord Harlaw, Dagmer Cleftjaw, Lord Saltcliffe and Lord Sunderly.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 08:23:50 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2014, 07:41:58 PM by Senator Lumine »

298 AL (4), or "Five Kings": (Part II)

Info:

Robb Stark:
-Prestige: 8/10 (Keeps rising thanks to his victories)
-Gold: 600.000 GD (Harvests in the North damaged, Riverlands in ruins)
-Legitimacy: 9/10 (Respected as King, but there is a small resentment among those who have lost their families, like Lady Dustin, Lord Karstark and Lady Hornwood)

-Congratulations, your grace! You are now a King, an undefeated King. Alas, this action had the virtual of raising the stakes, and now the future of the Riverlands and the North depends on you. Tywin awaits at Harrenhal, and you uncle Edmure and the Riverlords beg permission to return to their lands and take them back from the Lannisters. Needless to say, finding new allies is also a priority for you. While the Riverlands are in ruins and the North has problems with the crops, you have a formidable army and formidable vassals as well. The key ones (since there are too many) are Lord Jon Umber, Lord Rickard Karstark, Lord Galbart Glover, Lady Maege Mormont, Ser Stevron Frey, Lord Roose Bolton and Ser Helman Tallhart for the Northerners (with the key Lord Frey in the Twins, Lord Howland Reed in Moat Cailin and Lord Wyman Manderly in White Harbor), and your uncle Lord Edmure Tully, your greatuncle Ser Brynden Tully, Lord Jason Mallister, Lord Jonos Bracken and Lord Tytos Blackwood on behalf of the Riverlanders. You also have hostages from the Lannisters, in this case Lords Brax, Banefort and Westerling, Willem Lannister and a couple of Freys. Your strategical situation may be complicated with Tywin’s might host in Harrenhall, but you can always force him to a fight by marching on the Crownlands or attacking the Westerlands via the Golden Tooth. Remember as well that you have your direwolf, Greywind, who can protect you in battle and against assassins.

Mace Tyrell:
-Prestige: 5/10 (Powerful, but regarded as “Lord Oaf”)
-Gold: 3.000.000 GD (Powerful economy and an intact harvest)
-Legitimacy: 10/10 (Unchallenged as the Lord of the Reach)

-Your daughter is Queen now, and your son Loras is the most trusted friend of King Renly. Highgarden and the Reach stand ready for the fight, so it’s time for you to prepare and help Renly to the best of your ability. With your army in the Roseroad and ready to march on the Stormlands, the Westerlands or King’s Landing itself you have most of your best vassals and family members, like Ser Garlan Tyrell, Lord Randyll Tarly, Lord Mathis Rowan, Lord Alester Florent and Lord Leyton Hightower. Lord Redwyne has one of the largest fleets in Westeros, but since his sons are captured in King’s Landing he can’t move right now. Good luck, Lord Tyrell!

Doran Martell:
-Prestige: 7/10 (Respected for his wit and political ability)
-Gold: 800.000 GD (Region intact)
-Legitimacy: 8/10 (Respected and liked, but your daughter Arianne mistrusts you, and a couple more vassals do as well)

-Your court at Sunspear is quite worried about the war. Arianne and Quentyn grow restless over the war, and Oberyn Martell is calling you to act now and avenge dear sweet Elia. But surely you have plans, plans that you have meditated over years of Dornish neutrality… Now, you don’t have an active army right now, but in case of war you can always rely on your brother Oberyn and your strongest vassals like Lord Dayne or Lord Yronwood.

Daenerys Targaryen:
-Prestige: 6/10 (Has the Dragons, but she is untested in skill and battles)
-Gold:  5.000 GD (Low on money)
-Legitimacy: 7/10 (Acknowledged as the last Targaryen, legitimacy will increase if she presses her claim)

-After spending months in the Red Waste and playing politics in Qarth while being refused a fleet and soldiers, the time has come for making a choice. The warlock Pyat Pree has invited you to the House of the Undying, saying that you might find the support you desire there. On the other hand, Ser Jorah Mormont begs you to find a ship and sail elsewhere, perhaps to Pentos, perhaps to the Slaver’s bay. While you don’t have an army yet, you do have the dragons Viserion, Rhaegal and Drogon (large enough to burn one person at a time), Ser Jorah Mormont, your bloodriders and maids and about 200 dothraki. Sadly you do not have a lot of gold, but you might get to buy a single ship with some bargaining.

Lysa Arryn:
-Prestige: 4/10 (“A bit touched” – Tyrion Lannister)
-Gold: 600.000 GD (Region intact, trade flow from Gulltown)
-Legitimacy: 4/10 (There is a lot discontent and mistrust among the Vale Lords as of now)

-Everybody seems to need your help now, and it seems everybody wants you to intervene. But the danger is too grave, little Robert Arryn may lose his birthright if you don’t play your cards right. And a dear friend has instructed you to wait, as he believes you should only strike when the war is almost over to save the considerable strength of the Vale. With almost 30.000 Knights, almost impenetrable fortresses and with powerful Lords like Yohn and Nestor Royce, Anya Waynwood, Eon Hunter, Horton Redfort and Lyn Corbray the Vale could very well play “Kingmaker”.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 08:26:08 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2014, 07:42:32 PM by Senator Lumine »

Armies:

Joffrey/Tyrion/Cersei:
Army of the Crownlands - 10,000 - KL
The Gold Cloaks - 6,000 – KL
Vale Mountain Clans – 300 - KL
Fleet of King's Landing - 50 – KL
(can only recruit men from King’s Landing)

Tywin:
Garrison of Gold Tooth - 3,000 - The Gold Tooth
Army of the Westerlands - 10,000 - Casterly Rock
Army of Lord Tywin - 22,000 - Harrenhal
Fleet of Lannisport - 60 – Lannisport
(can call a max. of 5.000 more men)

Renly:
Army of the Stormlands - 20,000
Garrison of Storm's End - 5,000 - Storm's End
Fleet of Storm's End - 60 - Storm's End
(can call a max. of 5.000 more men)

Mace Tyrell:
Army of Highgarden - 40,000 - The Roseroad
Garrison of Highgarden – 10,000 - Highgarden
Fleet of the Reach - 40 - Highgarden (River)
Fleet of the Arbor - 200 – The Arbor
Hightower Fleet – 30 – Oldtown
Shield Islands Fleet – 30 – Shield Islands
(can call a max. of 30.000 more men)

Stannis:
Army of Dragonstone - 6000 - Dragonstone
The Royal Fleet - 200 - Dragonstone
(cannot call more men, only sellswords)

Robb:
Army of King Robb Stark - 19,000 - Riverrun
Fleet of White Harbor - 20 – White Harbor
Garrison of Winterfell – 1.000 – Winterfell
Garrison of Moat Cailin – 500 – Moat Cailin
(can call a max. of 20.000 more men)

Hoster Tully/Edmure Tully:
Army of the Riverlands - 13,000 - Riverrun
The River Fleet - 30 - Riverrun
Army of Blackfish - 2,000 - The Trident
(cannot call more men)

Daenerys Targaryen:
Dragons - 3 - Qarth
Daenerys Khalasar – 200 (+Ser Jorah Mormont) – Qarth

Balon:
Army of the Iron Islands – 20,000 – Pyke
(4.000 men formally a part of the Iron Fleet)
The Iron Fleet - 100 - Pyke
Reaving Fleet – 500 - Pyke
(can call a max. of 10.000 more men)

Doran Martell:
Army of Sunspear - 5,000 - Sunspear
Navy of Sunspear - 30 – Sunspear
(can call a max. of 20.000 more men)

Lysa Arryn:
Army of the Vale - 5,000 - the Eyrie
Fleet of Gulltown - 35 – Gulltown
(can call a max. 25.000 more men)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 08:26:34 PM »

Have fun!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 09:09:51 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2014, 11:22:12 PM by Simfan34 »

I am appointing Ser Loras Tyrell Master of Laws.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 09:53:17 PM »

--- First thing's first, Janos Slynt as commander of the City Watch leaves me uneasy. Therefore, I remove him from his position and send him to the Wall after appointing Bronn to take his place. I will work with Varys if he so desires.

--- I send a raven to House Martell in Dorne. I will offer the Martells a seat on the Small Council, justice for Elia Martell, and propose a marriage pact between Princess Myrcella and Trystane Martell.

--- Begin planning the defense of King's Landing. Go to Pyromancer Hallyne in order to acquire wildfire and begin preparing the city defenses for siege. Bring into service all able bodied Crownlanders who are of military age. Work to rebuild the navy.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 11:21:21 PM »

Lord Mace Tyrell has been appointed Hand of the King.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 12:09:40 AM »

- Send a Raven back to King's Landing. Dorne will accept the marriage proposal between Princess Myrcella and Prince Trystane, and invites the Princess to Sunspear so to meet her future husband.

- The Houses Dayne and Yronwood shall closely observe the passes northward, pose however no limits to trade.

- With means so not to stress our economy, the Dornish navy shall be enlarged and enhanced. The Dornish landsmen army shall be set on mode of attention, yet the farmers and fishermen shall not yet be called.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 10:47:46 AM »
« Edited: June 18, 2014, 10:51:31 AM by Antonio V »

First royal decrees:

- Lord Greatjon Umber in hereby appointed Hand of the King.

- Any act of cruelty, torture, or needless destruction against civilians in conquered lands - including rape - shall be punished by flogging, and by decapitation if reiterated. Crops and other products necessary to the feeding of soldiers and horses may however be seized if necessary.

- The following proclaim shall be dispatched to every fief or stronghold that has not joined us yet:

"Lords of the Seven Kingdoms,

Let it be known that my intentions are peaceful. I did not start this war. The Lannisters started it, the day they murdered my father, Lord Eddard Stark, in their sinister conspiracy to grab the Crown of the Seven Kingdoms for themselves. So-called King Joffrey, the bastard offspring of an incestuous union between Queen Cersei and her brother Jaime Lannister, had him executed in the vain attempt to protect his dark secret. He and the people who helped him seize the Iron Throne shall answer for their crimes, and it is the duty of every loyal subject to join our quest to rid the world of this monstrous usurper.

But we Northmen shall also fight to free ourselves, once and for all, from the despotic yoke of the Iron Throne. Centuries ago, Torrhen Stark bent the knee to Aegon the Conqueror and his dragons, to preserve his kingdom from destruction. Today however, after the rulers of King's Landing have repeatedly proven themselves uncaring, if not hostile, to the North's interests, time has come for us to retake our freedom.

We are a simple people, with the blood of the First Men in our veins. We do not strive for power, riches, or glory. We seek nothing but liberty and justice. We do not draw our strength from swords or trade, but from the inextinguishable flame of honor. Join us, and together we shall usher in a lasting era of peace and prosperity for Westeros. Fight us, and you shall face the rigorous winds of the North. Beware, my Lords, because winter is coming for you.

-- Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, King in the North"
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 12:26:22 PM »

That is precisely what I mean with writing proclaims, good job, Antonio!

I have already received a good number of moves from four players, so we're making a lot of progress here. Once I have all the answers, we will have a short mini-update phase in which I reveal somethings that have happened via POV (as in, recreating chapters from Clash of Kings), then you'll be given a short time to react, and I will go through with the military update to end the year of 298 AL.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 01:29:49 PM »

I have already received a good number of moves from four players, so we're making a lot of progress here. Once I have all the answers, we will have a short mini-update phase in which I reveal somethings that have happened via POV (as in, recreating chapters from Clash of Kings), then you'll be given a short time to react, and I will go through with the military update to end the year of 298 AL.

Cheesy
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 01:38:38 PM »

Can't wait Smiley
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »

A raven sent to Robb Stark:

I will return your father's bones to you as a gesture of good faith. - Tyrion Lannister, Hand of the King.

A raven sent to Doran Martell:

Prince Doran, we will be happy to arrange the meeting of the Princess to her betrothed in Dorne. We ask for the assistance of Dorne for the capital. I invite you to visit the capital soon and take your seat on the small council. - Tyrion Lannister, Hand of the King.

A Proclamation:

By order of the Hand of the King, all smallfolk in King's Landing will be provided a safe-shelter in 5 different stations in the event of emergencies. City Watch members will advise all smallfolk of the city on where their stations will be.

--- Call the banners of all Crownlands houses to the capital. Begin conscripting able-bodied men for military service.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 02:05:44 PM »

Letter to the Realm

Westerosi!

How long are you expected to suffer under the tribulations of a incestuous bastard? Yes, it is what we have all known- that the Lannister suffer equally from the Targaryen disease! It is not right and proper that such a rash madman, who has no right to the throne, be entitled to sit on it. Nor is it right that a so-called King, my brother, attempt to impose a cruel and foreign religion upon our people. It is imperative that all the people unite and resist heir mutual predations.

-Renly of the House Baratheon, the First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm

A raven sent to Robb Stark

I beesech you to send Mya Stone to Highgarden. -Renly of the House Baratheon, the First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 02:49:20 PM »

A Raven sent to Tyrion Lannister:

Lord Tyrion, Dorne will welcome the little princess warm-heartedly. My young boy Trystane is already in desperate excitement over her! Send the Princess now to Dorne, so that the two can finally meet!
As for the assistance - Dorne is currently undergoing a phase of mobilizing and renewing his army. More will be heart when this phase is concluded.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 04:10:22 PM »

-Until King's Landing comes to its senses and embraces Renly Baratheon as the true King of Westeros the Roseroad shall be closed. We do not believe in supplying our enemies with some of our bountiful food which could be used elsewhere.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 04:45:31 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2014, 05:05:15 PM by Antonio V »

I will return your father's bones to you as a gesture of good faith. - Tyrion Lannister, Hand of the King.

"This kind gesture honors you. However, while my mother and I have long yearned to return Lord Stark's remains to Winterfell where they belong, we are even more anxious to see our beloved sisters and daughters again. As we ourselves hold several Lannisters captive, I believe we could, as two humane commanders, find an agreement for the best of all of us."

A raven sent to Robb Stark

I beesech you to send Mya Stone to Highgarden. -Renly of the House Baratheon, the First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm

"If this may help endear you to the cause of Northern independence, then so be it."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 05:28:29 PM »

Only Stannis and Balon Greyjoy left to send their orders!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 07:43:04 PM »

I welcome Lady Lysa Arryn to the game, info and armies are updated to reflect her entrance into the game.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 07:48:31 PM »

A Proclamation:

Ser Davos Seaworth is hereby appointed Hand of the King.

King Stannis has also graciously agreed to enter treaty talks with his brother, Renly Baratheon, for whatever our unfortunate family squabble we are both in agreement that the Iron Throne has been usurped by a bastard born of incest. The "Baratheon" who calls himself King has no claim to our late brother's throne.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 08:09:34 PM »

King Stannis has also graciously agreed to enter treaty talks with his brother, Renly Baratheon, for whatever our unfortunate family squabble we are both in agreement that the Iron Throne has been usurped by a bastard born of incest. The "Baratheon" who calls himself King has no claim to our late brother's throne.

A Public Declaration
In the spirit of unity and brotherly desire to do honour by the memory of our shared sibling, the late King Robert, I have decided to begin talks with my brother Stannis in regards to our common interests. It is our opinion that the Iron Throne be held by a true Baratheon and not the incestous progeny of the knavish Lannister murderers.

Much as I would like to see the butterflies of this happening, I'm going to have to override this. Despite the insistence of Cressen and Davos, and the later parley at Storm's End (which may or may not be influenced by Stannis knowing what would ensue), Stannis was very clear that he would not treat with Renly if he still called himself the King, and his offer in Storm's End showed that he meant it. And Renly wasn't willing to treat with Stannis and give up his crown, as his talks with Catelyn showed.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 08:13:24 PM »

But wait. There is more coming.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 09:11:13 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2014, 09:14:51 PM by Speaker Dereich »

Right,

Ser Donnel Waynwood is hereby appointed Knight of the Gate. The guard at the Bloody Gate is to be brought up to full strength and is commanded to deny entry to any fleeing the Riverlands without means of supporting themselves.

A proclamation is sent out to the Riverlands to all men of wealth, skill or nobility declaring the Vale to be a safe refuge from the ravages of war to those who can prove their ability to sustain themselves.

As the Vale's only weakness in a time of war is the sea, the construction of seven new warships is ordered to begin in Gulltown.

All young, attractive, unmarried women are expelled from the Eyrie. The risk that they might be a temptation to Lord Robert is too great. Lord Nestor Royce is ordered to deny entry to the Eyrie of anyone who might seek to corrupt or harm his lord and to be watchful for his enemies, who are all around.

Ser Symond Templeton is appointed Master-at-arms. Lords (Yohn) Royce and Grafton are ordered to send hostages children of Robert's age to be wards of the Eyrie.

No statements are made on the ongoing war.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2014, 09:23:19 PM »

"This kind gesture honors you. However, while my mother and I have long yearned to return Lord Stark's remains to Winterfell where they belong, we are even more anxious to see our beloved sisters and daughters again. As we ourselves hold several Lannisters captive, I believe we could, as two humane commanders, find an agreement for the best of all of us."

We would also be willing to trade Sansa Stark for my brother, Jaimie. Lord Stark, your father's execution would never have happened had I been in King's Landing. I know it sounds queer coming from a Lannister, but it's true. I know your mother believes me responsible for the attempt on your brother Bran's life as well, but that is a falsehood, ser. I quite liked the boy, speaking for myself. But now we find ourselves in a war. One with which I'm hopeful to try and end the bloodshed as quickly as possible.

A raven to my father Tywin Lannister:

Father, I must send you unhappy news. Our military situation is very dire, I'm afraid. Our city defenses could probably hold off one of the rebel armies, it's doubtful without your assistance that we can hold out if any of the armies align. I'm very concerned about the situation with Renly Baratheon as he bears the most pressing threat. I have called the banners to the capital and am preparing city defenses, but I urge you to hasten your arrival from Harrenhal.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies