Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:48:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 85792 times)
Dereich
YaBB God

« on: June 18, 2014, 09:11:13 PM »
« edited: June 18, 2014, 09:14:51 PM by Speaker Dereich »

Right,

Ser Donnel Waynwood is hereby appointed Knight of the Gate. The guard at the Bloody Gate is to be brought up to full strength and is commanded to deny entry to any fleeing the Riverlands without means of supporting themselves.

A proclamation is sent out to the Riverlands to all men of wealth, skill or nobility declaring the Vale to be a safe refuge from the ravages of war to those who can prove their ability to sustain themselves.

As the Vale's only weakness in a time of war is the sea, the construction of seven new warships is ordered to begin in Gulltown.

All young, attractive, unmarried women are expelled from the Eyrie. The risk that they might be a temptation to Lord Robert is too great. Lord Nestor Royce is ordered to deny entry to the Eyrie of anyone who might seek to corrupt or harm his lord and to be watchful for his enemies, who are all around.

Ser Symond Templeton is appointed Master-at-arms. Lords (Yohn) Royce and Grafton are ordered to send hostages children of Robert's age to be wards of the Eyrie.

No statements are made on the ongoing war.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 03:03:16 PM »

--- By order of King Joffrey I of the House Baratheon, Robert Arryn is hereby named Warden of the East.

Wait, isn't Robert already the Warden of the East by virtue of being the only male descendant of the House of Arryn? Huh

No, after Jon Arryn died the Lannisters got Jamie appointed Warden of the East instead.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 12:52:04 PM »

A raven to Tyrion Lannister

Lord Tyrion,

I am still awaiting a response to my offer for a prisoners exchange. It seems to me that giving away three young Lannister men in exchange for two innocent girls may be considered a generous offer, especially since yours and your father's position in this war seem far from triumphant in these days. Being the reasonable man I have known you as, I have no doubt you will seize this opportunity.

-- Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, King in the North

OOC: I may be mistaken, but IIRC, Lumine never said you have Martyn Lannister as a hostage.  You might be thinking of the show where it is Willem and Martyn Lannister instead of Willem Lannister and Tion (?) Frey.

OCC: Yes, my reference was the show and I probably have misread Lumine's description... Shame. Sad Do I have Alton at least (the guy Jaime murdered in his attempt to escape, in the show)?

OOC: I'd think you do not. Cleos Frey, who is son of a Frey and a Lannister, was replaced by him in the show. In the books he doesn't exist.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 01:53:58 PM »

So, just to clarify, as of now Renly is no longer putting forward his claim to be king?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 04:37:50 PM »

OOC: Geez, poor Lannisters! They're being attacked from the east (Stannis) the west (Greyjoys) the north (Robb) and the south (Renly). I know they're terrible people and probably deserve it, but I didn't expect them to be piled on so must so quickly.

Where is Littlefinger at this point?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 08:08:52 PM »

Lysa Arryn:
-Prestige: 6/10
-Gold: 650.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 6/10

-It seems you are slowly regaining the trust of your vassals, and all of Westeros awaits the moment in which the Knights of the Vale strike at their real enemy. In the meantime, Littlefinger has started to craft a few plots in the Vale with his agents and sellswords, and he won't tell what he's up to.

Oh god, can't he stop plotting for FIVE MINUTES.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 01:00:25 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2014, 01:05:44 AM by Speaker Dereich »

Oh Robb, you literally chose the worst minute to ask me to join you in a sneak attack. I had JUST FINISHED pledging myself to Daenarys and coordinating plans when you dropped a request to join you in an attack on her in my lap.

The Vale was previously pledged to Stannis, but once he (and the dream of a thousand year dynasty of Arryns and Baratheons) died, it was clear that only Daenarys Stormborn was capable of bringing peace and stability to the Seven Kingdoms.

As should be clear, acting on behalf of my son Robert Arryn, Defender of the Vale, Lord of the Eyrie and Warden of the East, I declare that The Vale acknowledges Daenerys Targaryen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea and Mother of Dragons, as Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of all of the Seven Kingdoms.

Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 01:43:02 AM »
« Edited: July 05, 2014, 02:04:19 AM by Speaker Dereich »

I made the best decision I could for the Valelords, myself and my son. The Valelords may think it was a mistake, but at least they will get to live, keep their titles and be able to feed their families and smallfolks through the winter, unlike the Riverlanders, Crownlanders, Westerlanders, Stormlanders, and many Northerners and Reachers.

OOC: Is it really only Dorne and The Vale that are still untouched by the war? This is why you should always start wars as a neutral power.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 05:18:28 PM »

A Proclamation:

In light of the unrest in The Vale after our swearing our allegiance to Daenarys Targaryen, I am expanding the regency to include the Valelords. From now, in addition to my continued service as regent, a lord of The Vale will serve alongside me, assisting in leading the war effort and with administration of The Vale. The co-regent will be switched with the head of another Vale House at the start of each new year, until the regency ends at Robert's adulthood. Should any conflict arise between the two regents, Lord Robert himself will be asked to choose between the two regent's courses of action.

The first co-regent will be the the head of House Royce of the Gates of the Moon, Nestor Royce, on account of his excellent record as High Steward of the Vale.

In addition, should Yohn Royce return through the Bloody Gate without causing unnecessary conflict, he will be named High Steward of the Vale, will be given the right to choose the next co-regent and will be given a role in the raising of Lord Robert, at Runestone if need be.

Lysa Arryn, Lady Regent of the Vale
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 06:34:32 AM »

Who holds the bloody gate?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 05:23:02 PM »

Guys, I've been downed by a tropical fever so sorry about not responding yet to PMs I've received. I will soon.

Couple of quick questions to bring me up to speed though.

1. I take it from the missives I've received that PM negotiation should be done in fantasy-speak? Wink

2. Officially there is currently an alliance of Targaryen, Tyrell, Martell and Arryn if I understand correctly?

1. It depends. With some people I stay in character and others I do not; it depends on how each person wants to do it.

2. Here's what I understand it to be:

A) Targaryen-Tyrell-Arryn-Martell
B) Baratheon
C) Stark
Huh) Lannister, Varys
Everyone and no one) Greyjoy
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 10:26:39 PM »

Hmmm....This could range anywhere from moderately good to really really bad
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 11:10:44 PM »

Well damn, I guess this is the end of the line for me. So much for my dream of ruling both the Vale and the Riverlands.

So who will Lyn Corbray be following now?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 12:54:35 AM »

To all the Southerners:

Your Night's Watch has failed to keep us contained. The Starks who have beaten the Kings-Beyond-the-Wall in the past are too busy fighting a little girl for an uncomfy chair to remove us. We're here and we aren't going back. If you're concerned about where to send your rapists and murderers, don't be. Your little black crows can keep Eastwatch-By-The-Sea and the Shadow Tower. They can keep patrolling their Wall. One day, once winter is done they can even have their other forts back. But Castle Black and the Gift belong to the Free Folk. Acknowledge this and help us get through this winter alive and we'll have no reason to fight you. You can keep your lands and your thrones, all we intend to do is survive with your help or without it.

Mance Rayder
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 10:34:15 PM »

Hmm....Tywin very pointedly never named an heir to Casterly Rock. Who is lord of the Westerlands now? Ser Kevin or the free-ish Tyrion?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 02:58:21 PM »

Good; otherwise the only claimants left to the Iron Throne were Renly and maybe Myrcella.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 02:41:45 AM »

The Free Folk did not cross to this side of the Wall to wage a war against the kneelers; we came to escape the greatest risk we have ever faced. We thank the King in the North for acknowledging this, for providing support for our people and for not trying to interfere in how we choose to rule ourselves.

As the King in the North accepts that we are free to live as we see fit without kneeling to any lords we will cooperate with him against those who would take our freedom away from us.

Mance Rayder
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 02:52:04 AM »

Well, it seems this end of turn will have almost no battles and carnage, that is rather curious, xD. That said, I'm having some trouble with the outcome of a certain campaign, so this turn will end tomorrow afternoon. (Hopefully this will give time for a Tyrion Lannister to appear)

I'd think that's what the endgame might look like in this war. No King on the Iron Throne is ever going seriously to accept any of his kingdoms permanent independence; at the same time most (all?) sides no longer have the military strength to bring everyone to heel. So maybe this uneasy ceasefire is the beginning of the end?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 03:16:52 PM »

Would whoever has the dragons kindly send them north of the Wall? We have some "friends" in our former home that could really use a dragon or three.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 09:23:28 PM »

Arya Stark is still around, right? Anyway, if you're looking for potential matches, there are always Freys around.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 11:09:44 PM »

Oh, isn't Shireen Baratheon around as well? I don't think she was ever killed off.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2014, 07:36:58 PM »

What makes you so sure that Littlefinger is the guilty party?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2014, 11:48:23 PM »

I do believe that this is the end; I don't intend to break the peace and it looks like the Greyjoys won't either. All the potential plotters are now either dead or are on-board with the Blackfyres. The horn is secure, meaning dragons can't be used against the new regime. I guess the only other potential conflict starters are the Others, which would have to face dragons and a united Westeros or the Free Cities which couldn't do anything for a whole number of reasons.

If this IS the end I hope everyone will reveal what they were doing and which plots were theirs, I've really been looking forward to finding out.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 02:29:51 PM »

I guess I'll send Gerrick Kingsblood as an observer.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2014, 01:01:42 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2014, 01:05:31 PM by Speaker Dereich »

It was a lot of fun. Thanks for all the effort you put into it Lumine, it turned out great. As for anything else, it'd be premature for anyone to start another game right now when we're so close to WoIaF coming out. Maybe we'll find something there that'll make an even batter game.

I second wanting to hear more about what you thought about how everyone did. I also want to find out what Varys was doing the whole time that you kept raving about in the turn summaries Tongue
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies