Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:25:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 85694 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 09:29:34 PM »

We intend to end this war swiftly and dramatically.

Also isn't Sansa betrothed to Joffrey?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 09:33:50 PM »

We intend to end this war swiftly and dramatically.

Also isn't Sansa betrothed to Joffrey?

He is, but as Grand Maester Pycelle pointed out, a traitor's spawn shouldn't marry the King. (Either way, Lord Karstark won't be too pleased to hear of this)

Also, I have taken another look to the Stannis and Renly situation, and for the sake of an amusing game (and so we don't have to repeat the series over and over again) I have decided to accept a proposal they prepared, with some major edits to keep the character divergences to a minimum.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 09:34:34 PM »

You will need to send me the details.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2014, 05:29:57 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2014, 05:35:32 AM by Antonio V »

We would also be willing to trade Sansa Stark for my brother, Jaimie. Lord Stark, your father's execution would never have happened had I been in King's Landing. I know it sounds queer coming from a Lannister, but it's true. I know your mother believes me responsible for the attempt on your brother Bran's life as well, but that is a falsehood, ser. I quite liked the boy, speaking for myself. But now we find ourselves in a war. One with which I'm hopeful to try and end the bloodshed as quickly as possible.

"Lord Tyrion,

As much as Sansa and Arya's well-being is paramount to me and to my family, I cannot possibly consent to the release of your brother at this time in the war. A formidable warrior, Jaime Lannister is too great an asset to your faction to be left free to once again command an army. Defeating him once was far from easy, and, whereas he would have been executed were it not for his prestigious name, I cannot run the risk of facing him again on the battlefield. What would my men say, if they knew that, in exchange for my sisters, I let the Kingslayer free to kill their brothers in arms once again? You will doubtless agree that my sisters, if free, would pose no corresponding threat to your war effort.

I have no doubts about your sincerity, Lord Tyrion, for your brother recently admitted to the crimes that my mother, carried away by parental love, unjustly accused you of committing. He is the author of the attempt on Brandon's life that left him crippled, an act perpetrated within our walls while he was our guest in Winterfell. If you have any loved ones, you doubtless will understand that I must have Ser Jaime answer for his crimes. Letting him go unpunished would mean leaving the honor of the House Stark, and thereby of the entire Northern people. Once again, this case suffers no comparison to that of my innocent sisters.

I understand that your situation commands you to be intransigent, as does mine. However, I want to propose a deal which I hope you will deem fair to both of us. Return Sansa and Arya to riverrun, and I will release Alton, Willem and Martyn Lannister, our three hostages who also bear your House's name. If you consent to this agreement, I also pledge that Ser Jaime will suffer no harm, being well-treated and properly fed, until the war's end, and that, upon my victory, he will be given a fair trial according to the laws of the Seven Kingdoms. This, Lord Tyrion, is as far as I can possibly bring myself, as a King, a military commander, and a Stark. I hope that you have no doubt about the fairness of my intentions and the sincerity of my offer.

-- Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, King in the North"
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2014, 11:12:33 AM »

A raven to Lysa Arryn from Catelyn Stark, on behalf of Robb Stark

"Dear Sister,

In the name of the sacred family bonds that unite our destinies, I must beg you to reconsider your position in the upcoming war. I understand your wariness in involving the Vale in a fierce military conflict at a time when it would seem particularly vulnerable, but I am absolutely convinced that the interests of our respective Houses, Arryn and Stark (as well as those of the House Tully to which we descend) are inextricably intertwined. The Lannisters hate and distrust the Vale as much as the North. They murdered your husband, a honorable man who attempted to thwart their conspiracy. If they ever were to prevail over their current opponents and take a firm control of the Seven Kingdoms, they would doubtless attempt to eliminate the last remains of potential opposition to their absolute rule. By that point, you would have no allies left to defend your against the Lannisters' machinations. Please, my sister, you must understand that our interests are the same. We shall prevail together, lest the future of both our lineages be at high risk.

- Lady Catelyn Stark"
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 01:35:24 PM »

A raven sent to Robb Stark:

I will return your father's bones to you as a gesture of good faith. - Tyrion Lannister, Hand of the King.

"This kind gesture honors you. However, while my mother and I have long yearned to return Lord Stark's remains to Winterfell where they belong, we are even more anxious to see our beloved sisters and daughters again. As we ourselves hold several Lannisters captive, I believe we could, as two humane commanders, find an agreement for the best of all of us."

We would also be willing to trade Sansa Stark for my brother, Jaimie. Lord Stark, your father's execution would never have happened had I been in King's Landing. I know it sounds queer coming from a Lannister, but it's true. I know your mother believes me responsible for the attempt on your brother Bran's life as well, but that is a falsehood, ser. I quite liked the boy, speaking for myself. But now we find ourselves in a war. One with which I'm hopeful to try and end the bloodshed as quickly as possible.

A raven to my father Tywin Lannister:

Father, I must send you unhappy news. Our military situation is very dire, I'm afraid. Our city defenses could probably hold off one of the rebel armies, it's doubtful without your assistance that we can hold out if any of the armies align. I'm very concerned about the situation with Renly Baratheon as he bears the most pressing threat. I have called the banners to the capital and am preparing city defenses, but I urge you to hasten your arrival from Harrenhal.

A raven to my son, Tyrion Lannister:

"I would've hoped you'd realize that we cannot simply abandon the realm to Robb Stark.  The boy cannot go unchallenged in the Riverlands.  Your brother Jaime would've been able to hold Kings Landing against either of the King's treasonous uncles with the forces under your command.  Alas, you are not him as you continue to work so hard to remind me.  An army of 25,000 sellswords is on its way and with their help, even you should be able to hold out until the war in the Riverlands is won.  Try not to lose the war before they arrive.  If that won't suffice, you can always send Lord Baelish to try to bring Lysa Arryn into the fold.  One other thing:  If when I return I discover that you've taken any whores in my bed while I was away, I swear by the old Gods and the new that each one of them shall hang."  - Lord Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West, and Shield of Lannisport
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 02:31:39 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2014, 02:56:42 PM by Dr. Cynic »

--- I'll dispatch Littlefinger to the Vale in an attempt to woo Lysa Arryn to the fold.

OOC: I've got a better idea...

--- By order of King Joffrey I of the House Baratheon, Robert Arryn is hereby named Warden of the East.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 02:35:58 PM »

It should be remembered that Littlefinger is just Lord of the Fingers, too weak to sucessfully court Lysa, so he needs to be a higher Lord in order to be accepted into the Vale. Also, Lord Tyrion will have to appoint a new Master of Coin if Littlefinger goes away.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 02:59:53 PM »

--- By order of King Joffrey I of the House Baratheon, Robert Arryn is hereby named Warden of the East.

Wait, isn't Robert already the Warden of the East by virtue of being the only male descendant of the House of Arryn? Huh
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 03:03:16 PM »

Wait, isn't Robert already the Warden of the East by virtue of being the only male descendant of the House of Arryn? Huh

No, after Jon Arryn died the Lannisters got Jamie appointed Warden of the East instead.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2014, 03:26:38 PM »

No, Jaimie was... He's my brother, he'll understand. Wink
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2014, 03:35:46 PM »

It should be remembered that Littlefinger is just Lord of the Fingers, too weak to sucessfully court Lysa, so he needs to be a higher Lord in order to be accepted into the Vale. Also, Lord Tyrion will have to appoint a new Master of Coin if Littlefinger goes away.

So if the Hand were to name him Lord of Harrenhall and make Doran the acting Master of Coin, problem solved?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2014, 03:42:10 PM »

So if the Hand were to name him Lord of Harrenhall and make Doran the acting Master of Coin, problem solved?

Ideally, that's what I intend to do. Doran Martell has a seat awaiting him on the small council as acting Master of Coin. I will make Petyr Baelish Lord of Harrenhal and dispatch him to the Vale.

Of course making Robert Arryn Warden of the East can only help me out.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2014, 01:36:43 AM »

I appoint Lord Rodrik Harlaw, Lord of the Ten Towers, as Hand of the King.

Ironborn! It is time once again to return to the Old Way. Today, it is time for us to once again reave and plunder like the men of old, men who did carve out a great kingdom of their own. We will see the King of Salt and Rock once again take his place among the true, free, and independent Kings of Westeros - and we shall pay the iron price for it. What is dead may never die! — King Balon Greyjoy, Ninth of His Name Since the Grey King, King of the Iron Islands, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, and Lord Reaper of Pyke
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2014, 07:51:34 AM »

So, when are we getting the players' moves update?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2014, 11:41:57 AM »

I need to check if Stannis and Renly have any further moves or if they are going with the conditions I sent to them.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2014, 09:51:26 PM »

I need to check if Stannis and Renly have any further moves or if they are going with the conditions I sent to them.

We're good.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2014, 10:21:11 PM »

POV Update, I:

DAVOS:

There had been a lot of chaos with Stannis’s embracing of the Lord of Light, which led to the deaths of a couple of Knights at the hands of the Queen’s Men. Yet, the biggest problem came from one of Stannis’s own bannermen, Guncer Sunglass, the Lord of Sweetport Sound, mildest and most pious of all the Lords in Dragonstone. Sunglass came one day before Stannis, pale and looking scared, kneeled and then spoke with a tired voice:

“Your Grace, I cannot bear this much longer.” The Lady Melisandre looked at Sunglass, making him stop for a few seconds. “I have been raised in the light of the Seven, they are my gods, the gods of my father and the gods of my sons, and I cannot stand for their disrespect at the hands of the Red Priestess.”
“She has a name, Lord Sunglass.”
“The Lady… Melisandre.” Sunglass almost spit the name. “My Lord, after seeing all these acts against the Seven I have to tell you that, as much as I regret it, I cannot support your claim anymore.”

Davos looked at Sunglass, surprised. He was one of those who sned behind Davos’s back and yet as the coward he was it had taken a lot of courage to talk to King Stannis like that, something that left a positive impression in him. The Red Priestess smiled as if she had just read Davos’s thoughts, and Stannis gave a bitter look at Lord Sunglass, disappointed in his vassal. As Stannis prepared to rise from his seat, flanked by Florent, the doors opened and Ser Justin Massey entered along with Maester Pylos, both of them looking incredibly worried. Stannis looked with curiosity and gave both of them leave to speak with a swift hand gesture.

“Your Grace, a raven has brought news!” Maester Pylos said. “Tywin Lannister’s envoys are in Essos, recruiting sellswords and pirates as fast as they can,”
“Is this true, Ser Justin?” Stannis, asked.
“´m afraid so, Your Grace.” Justin Massey was perhaps one of the few Queen’s men that Davos liked.  “They could arrive at any moment to save the imp.”
“Summon the Lords; I don’t care if they sleep.” Stannis was looking at the table in the form of Westeros. “That Bar Emmon brat included.”
“Yes, Your Grace.”

Ser Justin left the room to seek Stannis’s bannermen, while Davos looked at his King, who observed Aegon the Conqueror’s table without any expression in his face. The past month was a surprise after surprise, what was he going to do next?

DAENERYS:

(Note: Since the Qarth storyline is different in the novel and the book, I made a lot of modifications here and combined both. A character will arrive earlier than expected, but that has its explanation.)

Dany looked at the Harbor with expectation, knowing she had to get out of there quickly. Xaro Xhoan Daxos didn’t want her to leave at all, and she had earned the enmity of Pyat Pree and the warlocks by refusing to visit them. Qarth was not a friendly place, and she had to get out of there as soon as she could. Bargaining with the Merchant Captains was not easy, as most of them either disliked dragons, the dothraki or both. She was in the middle of negotiating with one of the Captains from Volantis when Ser Jorah and Rakharo rode quickly and approached her.

“My Queen.” Ser Jorah gasped, getting off the horse. “We have to leave Qarth now. Some of the factions have lost their patience with you, and the warlocks are coming for the Dragons.”
“It’s true, Khaleesi, Jorah the Andal saw them.”

Some of the merchant captains scattered, sensing death in Dany like rats running from a sinking ship while her bloodriders and Ser Jorah tried to seek a ship to steal before it was too late. It was in the middle of the chaos that the hand of an old stranger touched Dany, and she quickly jumped back to react against what she believed was Pyat Pree. To her and Ser Jorah’s surprise, an old cloaked man was before them. The man removed his hood, and while Dany had no idea who she was, Ser Jorah did, and he was surprised.

“My Queen. I come on behalf of Magister Illyrio of Pentos, your friend.”
“Magister Illyrio?” Dany’s head raced to remember her wedding to Khal Drogo in Pentos and the time she and Viserys had shared with the man.
“Why would Illyrio Mopatis send someone like you to see the Queen?” Ser Jorah had his hand ready to take his sword.
“You know this man, Ser Jorah?” Dany asked.
“Aye.” Ser Jorah was suddenly dead serious. “I know him as both one of the greatest fighters the Seven Kingdoms has ever seen and as the Lord Commander of Robert Baratheon's Kingsguard.”
“King Robert is dead.” The old man replied with a strong voice. “I have been searching for you, Daenerys Targaryen, to ask your forgiveness. I was sworn to protect your family and I failed them. I am Barristan Selmy, Kingsguard to your father. Allow me to join your Queensguard and I will not fail you again.”

Dany was simply at a loss for words. Barristan Selmy? The man who had served the usurper for so many years had come to serve her? And worse, she came on behalf of Illyrio, a man who she did not trust one bit after staying in Pentos with Viserys. On the other hand, the warlocks were coming, and she just didn’t have the time to question a man who claimed to serve her if she wanted to leave.

“I don’t suppose you brought a fleet with you, Ser Barristan.” She said with a cold and regal voice.
“I did, my Queen.” Ser Jorah and Daenerys looked at him, surprised. “Magister Illyrio sent me with three large barges to bring you back to Pentos.”
“Khaleesi!” Rakharo nonchalantly interrupted the moment. “They’re almost here!”
“We brought the Dragons and everything we could take, Your Grace, it’s time to go.” Ser Jorah said.

Daenerys looked at Ser Barristan’s three ships and then gave a short look at the city of Qarth, where she had hoped to finally find her way back to Westeros. She sighed, and then she gave her answer to Ser Barristan and Ser Jorah.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2014, 10:21:46 PM »

POV Update, II:

TYRION

Tyrion Lannister felt pretty good about himself. His time as Acting Hand of the King was pretty short, but he had achieved quite a good number of results despite the enmity of Cersei and Joffrey. He had the pleasure of seeing the face of the slimy Janos Slynt sent to the Wall, he had held a number of interesting meetings with Lord Varys and Pyromancer Hallyne to prepare the defenses of King’s Landing, and according to Varys Bronn was doing a remarkable job hunting down the thieves of the city. He had even secured an alliance with Prince Doran and the Martells, but at the risk of making Cersei explode in wrath.

“You will not sell my daughter as a common whore!”
“She’s a Princess; most people would say she was born for this. Or would you rather wed her to Tommen?”

She had slapped him.

“She’ll be a hostage.”
“She’ll be a guest.”
“It’s too much to offer to them!”
“Would you rather have her here when Renly or Stannis arrive? They’ll put her head on a spike, along with our heads.”

And then Cersei started to cry. She calmed down of course, but Tyrion knew she would try to get her revenge, and she would oppose him in all Small Councils along with Pycelle. And yet, Tyrion finally felt truly alive. Even safe, if it weren’t for the messenger that came from the Westerlands that morning. As your typical pompous second son, Ser Merlon Crakehall was not impressive nor a good company, but the man came bloodied and evidently exhausted, so Tyrion had Pod attend to him just as he interrogated the man.

“What happened, Ser Merlon?”
“I came as… messenger from Ser Stafford… we’re in trouble.”
“What? Why?”
“We’re under attack… A Tyrell army sieged the castle of my House, and the darned Starks are besieging the Golden Tooth to enter the Westerlands.” Ser Merlon gasped for air.
“Seven hells.”
“We sent ravens to your father at Harrenhal, but we’re not sure they arrived. As I was riding to King’s Landing I was attacked…”
“Attacked, by whom?”
“The Tyrells. Their main army has crossed the Golden Road and blocked it while the Stormlords raid our supply lines to the capital… We’re blocked from the Westerlands, and Lord Tywin is about to be cut off.” And with that, Ser Merlon fainted.

As Pod and some servants took the young man to Maester Frenken, Tyrion would have liked to sit and meditate, but Varys entered right away, giving him no time to react.

“Lord Varys.”
“My Lord Hand.” Varys gave a slight bow, another of his carefully calculated movements.
“Is something wrong?”
“I was about to ask you that, my Lord, Ser Merlon seemed to be in pretty bad shape.”
“The Baratheon brothers developed a sudden case of sanity, an amusing sight to behold if it didn’t mean that we’re going to suffer.”
“Ah, that was precisely what I wanted to talk to you about, my Lord.”
“Be quick, Varys, I have to send ravens to Harrenhal.”
“This information needs to get to Lord Tywin as well, my Lord.” Varys took a pause. “Some of our captains saw a large fleet near the Blackwater.”
“Seven hells!” Tyrion almost jumped. “Stannis is out our gates?”
“Not quite, my Lord, so far it seems to be a blockade.”

Tyrion couldn’t stay in there any longer, so he dismissed Varys and ran up to Grand Maester Pycelle’s tower. There were ravens to be sent. The Lannisters were in trouble, and it was time for swift and decisive action before it was too late.

“Father is not going to like this…”

BRAN:

Bran hated sleeping, that was not to be doubted. Dream after dream involving that mysterious raven and reviving the fall, it only made him scared during the nights, often waking up screaming or shaking. Yet, he suspected the dreams had a purpose, he just couldn’t discover the meaning behind them. He had already made up his mind about not telling the rest of the people in Winterfell, he knew that wasn’t a good choice. Jon or Robb might help him understand a few things, but Jon was far way at the Wall and Robb was even farther, fighting his way against Tywin Lannister in the Riverlands along with his mother. Would any of them return? Bran hoped so, but after losing his father at the hands of the Lannisters he wasn’t so sure.

“Hodor, take me to the main hall.”
“Hodor.” Hodor answered.

Another day in which he had to be the Stark in Winterfell, another say sitting in that chair with Maester Luwin and Ser Rodrik, talking to people he didn’t want to talk, and having to sit while they walked and gave curious looks to him. Maester Luwin said he was doing a great job, but Bran felt no pride acting as the Lord. Robb was the Lord, he should be there joking and talking with the Northern Lords while her mother took care of Rickon and him. He knew it would take a long time, but he was not the Prince of Winterfell. When he arrived at the Great Hall, Maester Luwin was waiting for him, but Ser Rodrik was nowhere in sight.
“Morning, my Prince.”
“Maester Luwin. Where is Ser Rodrik?”
“I am not sure, but I sent someone to fetch him, he should be here anytime soon…”

And Ser Rodrik arrived, agitated after running all the way from one of the towers. He carried a parchment on his hand, and Bran could not help but to think something had happened to Robb, judging from Ser Rodrik’s darkened expression.

“Ser Rodrik, what’s the matter?” The Maester asked.
“Ironborn.” He gasped. “Ravens have arrived from the Dustains, the Glovers and the Mormonts, Balon Greyjoy and his darned Ironborn are sacking our coasts and killing our Lords!”

And then Bran knew he was right all along. Robb would not be able to return for a very long time…
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2014, 10:23:08 PM »

Well, my time was limited and I'm not George R. R. Martin, so they are all similar and straightforward. You have one day to react to this with additional orders and proclaims, and then I will post the military results tomorrow night so we can start 299 AL (1).
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2014, 11:21:28 PM »

Isn't Theon still with Robb?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2014, 11:22:52 PM »

Indeed, that's bound to have some... interesting butterflies.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2014, 12:33:57 AM »

A raven to Robb Stark from Balon Greyjoy

Theon is not my only son. You, Lord Stark, is fond of saying that the North remembers. We Ironborn remember as well - we remember the deaths of Rodrik and Maron. I remember my sons. And we remember how your father was one of the leaders of those who butchered the Ironborn in our own rebellion against the Iron Throne. As one who leads a rebellion against the throne at least partially to seek revenge for the death of someone close to you, can certainly understand such reasoning.
Doubtless you have heard the ravens from the North, and I do not deny that we Ironborn have sacked parts of your Kingdom. But the violence in Barrowton and in Deepwood Motte, among other places, is the same as your violence against the Iron Throne - revenge for the death of a family member. We have had our revenge, for blood has repaid blood. Now we seek the return of our living kin. Ensure safe passage for Theon Greyjoy to Pike and you shall see the raids on your lands stop. Your advisors will no longer fret about their homelands, and you can return to focusing on your war against those to the south. Or you can choose to keep possession of Theon and see how well you can hold your army together when their homes are being pillaged. You are a reasonable man, Lord Stark. See that you make a reasonable decision and return my son to Pyke.

-Balon Greyjoy, the Ninth of His Name Since the Grey King, King of the Iron Islands, King of Salt and Rock, Son of the Sea Wind, and Lord Reaper of Pyke.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2014, 02:57:34 AM »

Did Myrcella's ship leave the Blackwater Bay before the blockade and is she on the way to Dorne, or is she still in Kings Landing?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2014, 06:31:24 AM »

Did Myrcella's ship leave the Blackwater Bay before the blockade and is she on the way to Dorne, or is she still in Kings Landing?

Probably, but hopefully Dorne can help fight Renly/Mace!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies