Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:03:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 85693 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« on: June 17, 2014, 08:21:17 PM »
« edited: September 01, 2014, 12:13:56 AM by Senator Lumine »

Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game:

Cast:

Stannis Baratheon, King in the Narrow Sea (Oakvale)
Renly Baratheon, King in Highgarden (Simfan34)
Robb Stark, King in the North (Antonio V)
Balon Greyjoy, King in the Iron Islands (SJoyce)
Daenerys Targaryen, Queen in Essos (Averroes Nix)
Doran Martell, Prince of Dorne (TheCranberry)
Mace Tyrell, Lord of the Reach (Spamage)
Tywin Lannister, Lord of the Westerlands (Mr. X)
Tyrion Lannister, Acting Hand of the King (Dr. Cynic)
Lysa Arryn, Lady Regent of the Vale (Dereich)

Rules and Guidelines:

Your role in this game will be similar for all players, but will also depend on your position as a Lord or a King/Queen. Some must conquer the Iron Throne, some must fight for independence, some for the prosperity of their lands. You can pass laws and rule over your lands, appoint your military commanders and give orders to your armies, trade and search for income, send emissaries (public and or via PM), hire sellswords, pass sentence, and solve some issues I have prepared for you as time goes on. You will have to balance the wishes of your vassals carefully, as mistreating them could lead to rebellions or to your own death.

-Turns will last three months in-game, and should last about a week (give or take a few days).

-You are encouraged to make public announcements and public discussion in the game thread, and you must sent your military disposition and moves by PM.

-You may design plots, which must be sent via PM along with the co-conspirators. Depending on the character, his assets and a roll dice, these may work with varying success or be discovered. If your plot is discovered, you will lose prestige and you won’t be able to plot for the next two turns.

-In order to enhance the political simulation, all Kings are required to have a Hand of the King. A Small Council and a Kingsguard, however, are only mandatory to the ruler in King’s Landing. All players will have stats that will cover their legitimacy, their prestige (which has consequences in negotiations with NPC’s) and their money (we will use gold dragons instead of stags).

-We will always start with an update phase, then with the result of the immediate plots or military campaigns and then an end to the turn in which I will comment on what happened.

-Some of the players will be able to use their "special ability" or those of their allies, something that in the beginning is limited to Stannis (Melisandre can use fire magic and up to two shadow babies in short range), Robb (Greywind) and Daenerys (Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal).

-Unlike Balance of Power, I will use a dice to determine most of the events, meaning plots, battles and negotiation with characters that are not playable. I have to refine the system to see how it works, but for plots is 1 for failure and 6 for success (with additional numbers depending on the risks, plot power and such), for negotiation is the same and for battles we will use a tactical roll and a casualty roll (just like in the original game). In the tactical roll, the winner is the side with the larger number, and the difference between the numbers will dictate how significant the victory is. If one player gets 10 and the other 9, it’s not a significant victory, but a 10 v. 2 is, etc. The number of dice is defaulted at two, and for each "asset" a side has, a dice is added. The casualty roll is a simple roll for each side. The higher the number, the higher the amount of men lost, which I may adapt if it doesn’t make sense with the context and the tactical results. All of these rolls will be posted in a spoiler at the end of each update, and if there are issues the rules can be subject to change. I'll try to keep the process as transparent as possible.

Notes:

- If you have a problem with the IC behavior of another player then PM me personally.
- The GM reserves the right to overrule any player action.
- No other player may declare himself a King (unless I approve).
- Spoilers on events past Season 2/Clash of Kings is an instant ban from the game. ESPECIALLY THAT EVENT.
- While being busy in other things may mean that this game could suffer a couple of delays, I'm more than happy to try and see if it works, and I certainly hope it does!
- Please keep the fun of other players in mind!

Westeros and Essos:

Westeros:

Westeros Basic Boundaries:

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 08:22:44 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2014, 09:47:30 PM by Senator Lumine »

298 AL (4), or "Five Kings": (Part I)

General View:

While Five Kings have declared in Westeros, the only ones really in the field are Robb Stark and Joffrey Baratheon (with Tywin Lannister fighting for him) who are locked in an ugly stalemate across the Riverlands. Balon Greyjoy has gathered his fleet, but nobody knows what he'll do. Stannis and Renly Baratheon gather their swords in Dragonstone, Highgarden and Storm's End, but it's hard to tell where they wiill strike first as well. The gossip points out that Daenerys Targaryen has somehow acquired dragons, but with Essos so far away, it's hard to tell what will happen with her at this point. With Dorne and the Vale neutral and the Free Cities of Esso watching the moves very carefully, the Five Kings will need some luck and some skill to defeat each other. I have included a few quotes and strategical info as well, have luck, my Lords!

Quotes:

"I shall leave King's Landing, I have decided to serve the one true ruler of Westeros."
(Ser Barristan Selmy after being dismissed from the Kingsguard, his whereabouts are unknown)

"Lord Mace is my liege and Renly my King, but I cannot send my fleet and my men against the Lannisters. They hold my two sons in King's Landing, and while I beg the forgiveness of my liege and my King, I can't move and risk their lives."
(Lord Paxter Redwyne of the Arbor, explaining why he can't move his fleet)

Info:

Tyrion Lannister:
-Prestige: 5/10 (Has risen as Hand of the King, but is still despised by many)
-Gold: 250.000 GD of his own money (But the Crown is 6.250.000 GD in debt).
-Legitimacy: 6/10 (he has a decree of Lord Tywin, but Cersei challenges his authority)

-As you have arrived in King’s Landing to take control of the capital from Cersei and Joffrey, it has become evident that only a very efficient and calculated rule can keep the city going. The first step will most likely be enacted in the small council, as you don’t feel you can trust them. You have Pycelle and Janos Slynt as Cersei’s lackeys and Littlefinger and Varys as the perpetual turncloaks (though Varys has shown an interest in befriending you), and the offices of Master of Laws and Master of Ships are still open after Renly and Stannis crowned themselves. And there’s also the need for preparing the forces of the region, including the Crownlander Army, the Gold Cloaks and your own clansmen and sellswords. As of now, and as long as you can control Cersei, you directly command the remaining Lords of the Crownlands (Lord Rosby, Lady Stokeworth and such) and your sellswords and clansmen (Bronn and Shagga leading them), and technically you can give orders to the Crownlander Army, provided Lord Tywin doesn’t request their support. You also have Sansa Start and the twins Horas and Hobber Redwyne as hostages.

Stannis Baratheon:
-Prestige: 7/10 (Military reputation, suffers from the lack of allies)
-Gold: 400.000 GD (Has taken debts to Salladhor Saan and several merchants)
-Legitimacy: 7/10 (followed by his Lords and senior brother to Robert, but some doubt him)

-Ser Davos Seaworth reports that the fleet is ready to sail when needed, and he has had another discussion with the Lady Melisandre. Ser Davos insists that you seek more allies, Melisandre says that you don’t need to beg the Lords for their support. There’s also the issue of where to sail, as your options are open. As of now, you hold Dragonstone and all the Houses of the Narrow Sea (Celtigar, Velaryon, Bar Emmon, Sunglass), plus House Farring, knights like Ser Axell Florent, Ser Davos Seaworth and his sons, Ser Justin Massey and Ser Richard Horpe, and Salladhor Saan as the head of your naval mercenaries. You can also rely on the support of the Lady Melisandre, as she can assassinate enemies with the “Shadow Baby” (you can only use this twice, and only if the Lady Melisandre is very near to the target) and use her fire magic in battle (magic that you will need to replenish with King’s blood).

Tywin Lannister:
-Prestige: 8/10 (The “Rains of Castamere” effect slightly weakened by Robb)
-Gold: 5.000.000 GD (Ser Stafford’s army will spend a lot with training and you have to sustain Harrenhal and King’s Landing)
-Legitimacy: 10/10 (Undisputed Lord of the Westerlands)

-After losing Jaime’s army and with Ser Stafford’s troops being young recruits out of Lannisport (“mere rabble”, he reports), your own army of veterans seems rather valuable to lose. So far you have managed to safely regroup at Harrenhal, and while the likes of Amory Lorch and Ser Gregor Clegane grown restless, your options are open as well in that regard. What really worries you is that you have to fight Robb Stark and the Baratheon brothers as well, so new allies are a priority. You control the whole of the Westerlands + Harrenhall, and you have your army and Ser Stafford’s recruits in Lannisport, and you can count on commanders like your brother Kevan, Lord Harys Swift, Ser Addam Marbard, Lord Leo Lefford, Ser Gregor Clegane, Ser Amory Lorch and the mercenary captain Vargo Hoat. You have hostages from Robb Stark’s army as well, Ser Wylis Manderly, Harrion Karstark and three Freys.

Renly Baratheon:
-Prestige: 6/10 (Has support from powerful Houses, but he hasn’t shown his value)
-Gold: 750.000 GD (No debts)
-Legitimacy: 5/10 (Despite the support, he is younger than Stannis and has no victories yet)

-After being proclaimed, crowned and wed, you have to choose what to do now. Some suggest preparing for your future rule by appointing a Hand, a Council and a Kingsguard, and there’s the issue of how complicated is to keep such a large army coordinated to march on your enemies. Coordination with Mace Tyrell is key here. You can count of the support of the Reach (see Mace Tyrell) and all of the Stormlords, which means you have a good number of capable commanders and allies in Ser Loras Tyrell, Lord Bryce Caron, Lord Selwyn and Lady Brienne of Tarth, Ser Parmen Crane, Ser Robar Royce, Ser Cortnay Penrose (currently in Storm’s End), the Fossoways and Ronnet Connington. You also have Robert’s bastard, Edric Storm.

Balon Greyjoy:
-Prestige: 4/10 (Despised and underestimated in Westeros after the Greyjoy Rebellion)
-Gold: 250.000 GD (and the Ironborn army and navy spends less than the rest of the Kingdoms)
-Legitimacy: 9/10 (He is unchallenged in his authority, save for the exiled Euron)

-What is dead may never die. The brave Ironborn sailors are ready, your grace. Ready to plunder and attack your enemies as you name them, ready to sail to the Seven Kingdoms and pay the Iron price. Where shall the Iron Fleet strike? Now, you obviously command all of the Iron Islands and your family (expect Theon and your rebel brother Euron), but your most powerful vassals and commanders are Asha, Aeron (Drowned Man) and Lord Captain Victarion Greyjoy, Lord Harlaw, Dagmer Cleftjaw, Lord Saltcliffe and Lord Sunderly.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 08:23:50 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2014, 07:41:58 PM by Senator Lumine »

298 AL (4), or "Five Kings": (Part II)

Info:

Robb Stark:
-Prestige: 8/10 (Keeps rising thanks to his victories)
-Gold: 600.000 GD (Harvests in the North damaged, Riverlands in ruins)
-Legitimacy: 9/10 (Respected as King, but there is a small resentment among those who have lost their families, like Lady Dustin, Lord Karstark and Lady Hornwood)

-Congratulations, your grace! You are now a King, an undefeated King. Alas, this action had the virtual of raising the stakes, and now the future of the Riverlands and the North depends on you. Tywin awaits at Harrenhal, and you uncle Edmure and the Riverlords beg permission to return to their lands and take them back from the Lannisters. Needless to say, finding new allies is also a priority for you. While the Riverlands are in ruins and the North has problems with the crops, you have a formidable army and formidable vassals as well. The key ones (since there are too many) are Lord Jon Umber, Lord Rickard Karstark, Lord Galbart Glover, Lady Maege Mormont, Ser Stevron Frey, Lord Roose Bolton and Ser Helman Tallhart for the Northerners (with the key Lord Frey in the Twins, Lord Howland Reed in Moat Cailin and Lord Wyman Manderly in White Harbor), and your uncle Lord Edmure Tully, your greatuncle Ser Brynden Tully, Lord Jason Mallister, Lord Jonos Bracken and Lord Tytos Blackwood on behalf of the Riverlanders. You also have hostages from the Lannisters, in this case Lords Brax, Banefort and Westerling, Willem Lannister and a couple of Freys. Your strategical situation may be complicated with Tywin’s might host in Harrenhall, but you can always force him to a fight by marching on the Crownlands or attacking the Westerlands via the Golden Tooth. Remember as well that you have your direwolf, Greywind, who can protect you in battle and against assassins.

Mace Tyrell:
-Prestige: 5/10 (Powerful, but regarded as “Lord Oaf”)
-Gold: 3.000.000 GD (Powerful economy and an intact harvest)
-Legitimacy: 10/10 (Unchallenged as the Lord of the Reach)

-Your daughter is Queen now, and your son Loras is the most trusted friend of King Renly. Highgarden and the Reach stand ready for the fight, so it’s time for you to prepare and help Renly to the best of your ability. With your army in the Roseroad and ready to march on the Stormlands, the Westerlands or King’s Landing itself you have most of your best vassals and family members, like Ser Garlan Tyrell, Lord Randyll Tarly, Lord Mathis Rowan, Lord Alester Florent and Lord Leyton Hightower. Lord Redwyne has one of the largest fleets in Westeros, but since his sons are captured in King’s Landing he can’t move right now. Good luck, Lord Tyrell!

Doran Martell:
-Prestige: 7/10 (Respected for his wit and political ability)
-Gold: 800.000 GD (Region intact)
-Legitimacy: 8/10 (Respected and liked, but your daughter Arianne mistrusts you, and a couple more vassals do as well)

-Your court at Sunspear is quite worried about the war. Arianne and Quentyn grow restless over the war, and Oberyn Martell is calling you to act now and avenge dear sweet Elia. But surely you have plans, plans that you have meditated over years of Dornish neutrality… Now, you don’t have an active army right now, but in case of war you can always rely on your brother Oberyn and your strongest vassals like Lord Dayne or Lord Yronwood.

Daenerys Targaryen:
-Prestige: 6/10 (Has the Dragons, but she is untested in skill and battles)
-Gold:  5.000 GD (Low on money)
-Legitimacy: 7/10 (Acknowledged as the last Targaryen, legitimacy will increase if she presses her claim)

-After spending months in the Red Waste and playing politics in Qarth while being refused a fleet and soldiers, the time has come for making a choice. The warlock Pyat Pree has invited you to the House of the Undying, saying that you might find the support you desire there. On the other hand, Ser Jorah Mormont begs you to find a ship and sail elsewhere, perhaps to Pentos, perhaps to the Slaver’s bay. While you don’t have an army yet, you do have the dragons Viserion, Rhaegal and Drogon (large enough to burn one person at a time), Ser Jorah Mormont, your bloodriders and maids and about 200 dothraki. Sadly you do not have a lot of gold, but you might get to buy a single ship with some bargaining.

Lysa Arryn:
-Prestige: 4/10 (“A bit touched” – Tyrion Lannister)
-Gold: 600.000 GD (Region intact, trade flow from Gulltown)
-Legitimacy: 4/10 (There is a lot discontent and mistrust among the Vale Lords as of now)

-Everybody seems to need your help now, and it seems everybody wants you to intervene. But the danger is too grave, little Robert Arryn may lose his birthright if you don’t play your cards right. And a dear friend has instructed you to wait, as he believes you should only strike when the war is almost over to save the considerable strength of the Vale. With almost 30.000 Knights, almost impenetrable fortresses and with powerful Lords like Yohn and Nestor Royce, Anya Waynwood, Eon Hunter, Horton Redfort and Lyn Corbray the Vale could very well play “Kingmaker”.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 08:26:08 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2014, 07:42:32 PM by Senator Lumine »

Armies:

Joffrey/Tyrion/Cersei:
Army of the Crownlands - 10,000 - KL
The Gold Cloaks - 6,000 – KL
Vale Mountain Clans – 300 - KL
Fleet of King's Landing - 50 – KL
(can only recruit men from King’s Landing)

Tywin:
Garrison of Gold Tooth - 3,000 - The Gold Tooth
Army of the Westerlands - 10,000 - Casterly Rock
Army of Lord Tywin - 22,000 - Harrenhal
Fleet of Lannisport - 60 – Lannisport
(can call a max. of 5.000 more men)

Renly:
Army of the Stormlands - 20,000
Garrison of Storm's End - 5,000 - Storm's End
Fleet of Storm's End - 60 - Storm's End

Mace Tyrell:
Army of Highgarden - 40,000 - The Roseroad
Garrison of Highgarden – 10,000 - Highgarden
Fleet of the Reach - 40 - Highgarden (River)
Fleet of the Arbor - 200 – The Arbor
Hightower Fleet – 30 – Oldtown
Shield Islands Fleet – 30 – Shield Islands
(can call a max. of 30.000 more men)

Stannis:
Army of Dragonstone - 6000 - Dragonstone
The Royal Fleet - 200 - Dragonstone
(cannot call more men, only sellswords)

Robb:
Army of King Robb Stark - 19,000 - Riverrun
Fleet of White Harbor - 20 – White Harbor
Garrison of Winterfell – 1.000 – Winterfell
Garrison of Moat Cailin – 500 – Moat Cailin
(can call a max. of 20.000 more men)

Hoster Tully/Edmure Tully:
Army of the Riverlands - 13,000 - Riverrun
The River Fleet - 30 - Riverrun
Army of Blackfish - 2,000 - The Trident
(cannot call more men)

Daenerys Targaryen:
Dragons - 3 - Qarth
Daenerys Khalasar – 200 (+Ser Jorah Mormont) – Qarth

Balon:
Army of the Iron Islands – 20,000 – Pyke
(4.000 men formally a part of the Iron Fleet)
The Iron Fleet - 100 - Pyke
Reaving Fleet – 500 - Pyke
(can call a max. of 10.000 more men)

Doran Martell:
Army of Sunspear - 5,000 - Sunspear
Navy of Sunspear - 30 – Sunspear

Lysa Arryn:
Army of the Vale - 5,000 - the Eyrie
Fleet of Gulltown - 35 – Gulltown
(can call a max. 25.000 more men)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 08:26:34 PM »

Have fun!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 12:26:22 PM »

That is precisely what I mean with writing proclaims, good job, Antonio!

I have already received a good number of moves from four players, so we're making a lot of progress here. Once I have all the answers, we will have a short mini-update phase in which I reveal somethings that have happened via POV (as in, recreating chapters from Clash of Kings), then you'll be given a short time to react, and I will go through with the military update to end the year of 298 AL.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 05:28:29 PM »

Only Stannis and Balon Greyjoy left to send their orders!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 07:43:04 PM »

I welcome Lady Lysa Arryn to the game, info and armies are updated to reflect her entrance into the game.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 08:09:34 PM »

King Stannis has also graciously agreed to enter treaty talks with his brother, Renly Baratheon, for whatever our unfortunate family squabble we are both in agreement that the Iron Throne has been usurped by a bastard born of incest. The "Baratheon" who calls himself King has no claim to our late brother's throne.

A Public Declaration
In the spirit of unity and brotherly desire to do honour by the memory of our shared sibling, the late King Robert, I have decided to begin talks with my brother Stannis in regards to our common interests. It is our opinion that the Iron Throne be held by a true Baratheon and not the incestous progeny of the knavish Lannister murderers.

Much as I would like to see the butterflies of this happening, I'm going to have to override this. Despite the insistence of Cressen and Davos, and the later parley at Storm's End (which may or may not be influenced by Stannis knowing what would ensue), Stannis was very clear that he would not treat with Renly if he still called himself the King, and his offer in Storm's End showed that he meant it. And Renly wasn't willing to treat with Stannis and give up his crown, as his talks with Catelyn showed.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 09:33:50 PM »

We intend to end this war swiftly and dramatically.

Also isn't Sansa betrothed to Joffrey?

He is, but as Grand Maester Pycelle pointed out, a traitor's spawn shouldn't marry the King. (Either way, Lord Karstark won't be too pleased to hear of this)

Also, I have taken another look to the Stannis and Renly situation, and for the sake of an amusing game (and so we don't have to repeat the series over and over again) I have decided to accept a proposal they prepared, with some major edits to keep the character divergences to a minimum.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 02:35:58 PM »

It should be remembered that Littlefinger is just Lord of the Fingers, too weak to sucessfully court Lysa, so he needs to be a higher Lord in order to be accepted into the Vale. Also, Lord Tyrion will have to appoint a new Master of Coin if Littlefinger goes away.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 11:41:57 AM »

So, when are we getting the players' moves update?

I need to check if Stannis and Renly have any further moves or if they are going with the conditions I sent to them.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 10:21:11 PM »

POV Update, I:

DAVOS:

There had been a lot of chaos with Stannis’s embracing of the Lord of Light, which led to the deaths of a couple of Knights at the hands of the Queen’s Men. Yet, the biggest problem came from one of Stannis’s own bannermen, Guncer Sunglass, the Lord of Sweetport Sound, mildest and most pious of all the Lords in Dragonstone. Sunglass came one day before Stannis, pale and looking scared, kneeled and then spoke with a tired voice:

“Your Grace, I cannot bear this much longer.” The Lady Melisandre looked at Sunglass, making him stop for a few seconds. “I have been raised in the light of the Seven, they are my gods, the gods of my father and the gods of my sons, and I cannot stand for their disrespect at the hands of the Red Priestess.”
“She has a name, Lord Sunglass.”
“The Lady… Melisandre.” Sunglass almost spit the name. “My Lord, after seeing all these acts against the Seven I have to tell you that, as much as I regret it, I cannot support your claim anymore.”

Davos looked at Sunglass, surprised. He was one of those who sned behind Davos’s back and yet as the coward he was it had taken a lot of courage to talk to King Stannis like that, something that left a positive impression in him. The Red Priestess smiled as if she had just read Davos’s thoughts, and Stannis gave a bitter look at Lord Sunglass, disappointed in his vassal. As Stannis prepared to rise from his seat, flanked by Florent, the doors opened and Ser Justin Massey entered along with Maester Pylos, both of them looking incredibly worried. Stannis looked with curiosity and gave both of them leave to speak with a swift hand gesture.

“Your Grace, a raven has brought news!” Maester Pylos said. “Tywin Lannister’s envoys are in Essos, recruiting sellswords and pirates as fast as they can,”
“Is this true, Ser Justin?” Stannis, asked.
“´m afraid so, Your Grace.” Justin Massey was perhaps one of the few Queen’s men that Davos liked.  “They could arrive at any moment to save the imp.”
“Summon the Lords; I don’t care if they sleep.” Stannis was looking at the table in the form of Westeros. “That Bar Emmon brat included.”
“Yes, Your Grace.”

Ser Justin left the room to seek Stannis’s bannermen, while Davos looked at his King, who observed Aegon the Conqueror’s table without any expression in his face. The past month was a surprise after surprise, what was he going to do next?

DAENERYS:

(Note: Since the Qarth storyline is different in the novel and the book, I made a lot of modifications here and combined both. A character will arrive earlier than expected, but that has its explanation.)

Dany looked at the Harbor with expectation, knowing she had to get out of there quickly. Xaro Xhoan Daxos didn’t want her to leave at all, and she had earned the enmity of Pyat Pree and the warlocks by refusing to visit them. Qarth was not a friendly place, and she had to get out of there as soon as she could. Bargaining with the Merchant Captains was not easy, as most of them either disliked dragons, the dothraki or both. She was in the middle of negotiating with one of the Captains from Volantis when Ser Jorah and Rakharo rode quickly and approached her.

“My Queen.” Ser Jorah gasped, getting off the horse. “We have to leave Qarth now. Some of the factions have lost their patience with you, and the warlocks are coming for the Dragons.”
“It’s true, Khaleesi, Jorah the Andal saw them.”

Some of the merchant captains scattered, sensing death in Dany like rats running from a sinking ship while her bloodriders and Ser Jorah tried to seek a ship to steal before it was too late. It was in the middle of the chaos that the hand of an old stranger touched Dany, and she quickly jumped back to react against what she believed was Pyat Pree. To her and Ser Jorah’s surprise, an old cloaked man was before them. The man removed his hood, and while Dany had no idea who she was, Ser Jorah did, and he was surprised.

“My Queen. I come on behalf of Magister Illyrio of Pentos, your friend.”
“Magister Illyrio?” Dany’s head raced to remember her wedding to Khal Drogo in Pentos and the time she and Viserys had shared with the man.
“Why would Illyrio Mopatis send someone like you to see the Queen?” Ser Jorah had his hand ready to take his sword.
“You know this man, Ser Jorah?” Dany asked.
“Aye.” Ser Jorah was suddenly dead serious. “I know him as both one of the greatest fighters the Seven Kingdoms has ever seen and as the Lord Commander of Robert Baratheon's Kingsguard.”
“King Robert is dead.” The old man replied with a strong voice. “I have been searching for you, Daenerys Targaryen, to ask your forgiveness. I was sworn to protect your family and I failed them. I am Barristan Selmy, Kingsguard to your father. Allow me to join your Queensguard and I will not fail you again.”

Dany was simply at a loss for words. Barristan Selmy? The man who had served the usurper for so many years had come to serve her? And worse, she came on behalf of Illyrio, a man who she did not trust one bit after staying in Pentos with Viserys. On the other hand, the warlocks were coming, and she just didn’t have the time to question a man who claimed to serve her if she wanted to leave.

“I don’t suppose you brought a fleet with you, Ser Barristan.” She said with a cold and regal voice.
“I did, my Queen.” Ser Jorah and Daenerys looked at him, surprised. “Magister Illyrio sent me with three large barges to bring you back to Pentos.”
“Khaleesi!” Rakharo nonchalantly interrupted the moment. “They’re almost here!”
“We brought the Dragons and everything we could take, Your Grace, it’s time to go.” Ser Jorah said.

Daenerys looked at Ser Barristan’s three ships and then gave a short look at the city of Qarth, where she had hoped to finally find her way back to Westeros. She sighed, and then she gave her answer to Ser Barristan and Ser Jorah.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 10:21:46 PM »

POV Update, II:

TYRION

Tyrion Lannister felt pretty good about himself. His time as Acting Hand of the King was pretty short, but he had achieved quite a good number of results despite the enmity of Cersei and Joffrey. He had the pleasure of seeing the face of the slimy Janos Slynt sent to the Wall, he had held a number of interesting meetings with Lord Varys and Pyromancer Hallyne to prepare the defenses of King’s Landing, and according to Varys Bronn was doing a remarkable job hunting down the thieves of the city. He had even secured an alliance with Prince Doran and the Martells, but at the risk of making Cersei explode in wrath.

“You will not sell my daughter as a common whore!”
“She’s a Princess; most people would say she was born for this. Or would you rather wed her to Tommen?”

She had slapped him.

“She’ll be a hostage.”
“She’ll be a guest.”
“It’s too much to offer to them!”
“Would you rather have her here when Renly or Stannis arrive? They’ll put her head on a spike, along with our heads.”

And then Cersei started to cry. She calmed down of course, but Tyrion knew she would try to get her revenge, and she would oppose him in all Small Councils along with Pycelle. And yet, Tyrion finally felt truly alive. Even safe, if it weren’t for the messenger that came from the Westerlands that morning. As your typical pompous second son, Ser Merlon Crakehall was not impressive nor a good company, but the man came bloodied and evidently exhausted, so Tyrion had Pod attend to him just as he interrogated the man.

“What happened, Ser Merlon?”
“I came as… messenger from Ser Stafford… we’re in trouble.”
“What? Why?”
“We’re under attack… A Tyrell army sieged the castle of my House, and the darned Starks are besieging the Golden Tooth to enter the Westerlands.” Ser Merlon gasped for air.
“Seven hells.”
“We sent ravens to your father at Harrenhal, but we’re not sure they arrived. As I was riding to King’s Landing I was attacked…”
“Attacked, by whom?”
“The Tyrells. Their main army has crossed the Golden Road and blocked it while the Stormlords raid our supply lines to the capital… We’re blocked from the Westerlands, and Lord Tywin is about to be cut off.” And with that, Ser Merlon fainted.

As Pod and some servants took the young man to Maester Frenken, Tyrion would have liked to sit and meditate, but Varys entered right away, giving him no time to react.

“Lord Varys.”
“My Lord Hand.” Varys gave a slight bow, another of his carefully calculated movements.
“Is something wrong?”
“I was about to ask you that, my Lord, Ser Merlon seemed to be in pretty bad shape.”
“The Baratheon brothers developed a sudden case of sanity, an amusing sight to behold if it didn’t mean that we’re going to suffer.”
“Ah, that was precisely what I wanted to talk to you about, my Lord.”
“Be quick, Varys, I have to send ravens to Harrenhal.”
“This information needs to get to Lord Tywin as well, my Lord.” Varys took a pause. “Some of our captains saw a large fleet near the Blackwater.”
“Seven hells!” Tyrion almost jumped. “Stannis is out our gates?”
“Not quite, my Lord, so far it seems to be a blockade.”

Tyrion couldn’t stay in there any longer, so he dismissed Varys and ran up to Grand Maester Pycelle’s tower. There were ravens to be sent. The Lannisters were in trouble, and it was time for swift and decisive action before it was too late.

“Father is not going to like this…”

BRAN:

Bran hated sleeping, that was not to be doubted. Dream after dream involving that mysterious raven and reviving the fall, it only made him scared during the nights, often waking up screaming or shaking. Yet, he suspected the dreams had a purpose, he just couldn’t discover the meaning behind them. He had already made up his mind about not telling the rest of the people in Winterfell, he knew that wasn’t a good choice. Jon or Robb might help him understand a few things, but Jon was far way at the Wall and Robb was even farther, fighting his way against Tywin Lannister in the Riverlands along with his mother. Would any of them return? Bran hoped so, but after losing his father at the hands of the Lannisters he wasn’t so sure.

“Hodor, take me to the main hall.”
“Hodor.” Hodor answered.

Another day in which he had to be the Stark in Winterfell, another say sitting in that chair with Maester Luwin and Ser Rodrik, talking to people he didn’t want to talk, and having to sit while they walked and gave curious looks to him. Maester Luwin said he was doing a great job, but Bran felt no pride acting as the Lord. Robb was the Lord, he should be there joking and talking with the Northern Lords while her mother took care of Rickon and him. He knew it would take a long time, but he was not the Prince of Winterfell. When he arrived at the Great Hall, Maester Luwin was waiting for him, but Ser Rodrik was nowhere in sight.
“Morning, my Prince.”
“Maester Luwin. Where is Ser Rodrik?”
“I am not sure, but I sent someone to fetch him, he should be here anytime soon…”

And Ser Rodrik arrived, agitated after running all the way from one of the towers. He carried a parchment on his hand, and Bran could not help but to think something had happened to Robb, judging from Ser Rodrik’s darkened expression.

“Ser Rodrik, what’s the matter?” The Maester asked.
“Ironborn.” He gasped. “Ravens have arrived from the Dustains, the Glovers and the Mormonts, Balon Greyjoy and his darned Ironborn are sacking our coasts and killing our Lords!”

And then Bran knew he was right all along. Robb would not be able to return for a very long time…
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 10:23:08 PM »

Well, my time was limited and I'm not George R. R. Martin, so they are all similar and straightforward. You have one day to react to this with additional orders and proclaims, and then I will post the military results tomorrow night so we can start 299 AL (1).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 11:22:52 PM »

Indeed, that's bound to have some... interesting butterflies.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 11:56:04 AM »

Did Myrcella's ship leave the Blackwater Bay before the blockade and is she on the way to Dorne, or is she still in Kings Landing?

Probably, but hopefully Dorne can help fight Renly/Mace!

As I said, Dorne's army needs to be prepared before fighting anyone. I hope that Princess Myrcella is on her way to Dorne though, as my little boy Trystane can't await her!

Myrcella is still in King's Landing.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2014, 03:07:45 PM »

Military Update:

The Sack of the Riverlands:

The Riverlands had suffered a lot thanks to Gregor Clegane and the onslaught of the Lannister Armies, but these months were the worst the region had seen in decades. Vargo Hoat and his brave companions set out from Harrenhal and began a reign of terror across the southern Riverlands, sacking, killing, raping and burning everything they found. With the Riverlords in Riverrun unable to move thanks to King Robb, the region kept being burnt to the ground, flooding the roads with refugees facing constant killing at the hands of Vargo Hoat and his men. Hundreds of civilians have died, and more are expected to do so as things keep going worse for the region.

Trouble in King's Landing:

Despite Acting Hand Tyrion Lannister's best efforts to keep King's Landing under control, the situation keeps growing dire. Tyrell and Baratheon forces sacked the Gold Road, blocking the Westerlands from the capital while Stannis Baratheon's fleet closed the Blackwater Bay to any vessels, leaving the weak Royal Fleet trapped inside the city and cutting off any chance of getting supplied by sea. Lord Tyrion managed to bolster the defenses by calling the Crownlander banners and increasing the number of Gold Cloaks, but he has the problem of feeding those forces now that the people in the city are starting to lack things to eat. And if that weren't enough, he just lost two of his most valuable hostages: the twins Horas and Hobber Redwyne hired a Pentoshi galley, the Moonrunner, which they used to narrowly avoid the protection asigned to them to sail away and join with Tyrell agents in the Kingswood. As the twins prepare to return to the Arbor, Lord Redwyne's fleet is now unblocked.

The Battle of the Red Fork:

With King Robb ordering most of his forces to remain in Riverrun, the only troops that were more or less separated were Brynden Tully's 2,000 strong cavarly force in the Trident, keeping a careful eye on Tywin Lannister. Sensing a chace for an easy victory, Lord Tywin sent Ser Addam Marbrand and 7,000 men to take the Blackfish out and seize the initative again. The Blackfish knew that sooner or later he was going to be attacked, but he was surprised by the strenght and speed of Marbrand as a commander. Thus, both armies met near the Red Fork, with the Riverlanders mounting a desperate defense against Marbrand and his men. Just as the tide was turning against the Blackfish, reinforcements appeared commanded by Lord Bracken, who was sent with 4,000 by King Robb just in case Tywin attacked the Blackfish. Still, Ser Addam was not willing to back down and continued to press the assault, despite knowing that the numbers were too similar to force a complete victory. In the end, both armies faced a stalemate, but the Blackfish and Bracken chose to cede the ground and withdraw to Riverrun. Ser Addam considered pushing ahead, but having taken heavy losses he returned to Harrenhal. Tywin Lannister took most of his forces and left the fortress, leaving Marbrand to rest his forces and hold the castle. In the end, the Tullys lost 500 men and Marbrand lost 1,000.

Tyrell Westerlander/Riverlander Campaign:

Instead of marching right away to King's Landing, Mace Tyrell chose to destroy Tywin Lannister's base of support first in order to make things easier for his side. Ser Garlan Tyrell and about 5,000 men invaded the Westerlands from the coast, besieging Crakehall and preparing to take the fortress as soon as the order was given. Tyrell sent some of his forces with Lord Hightower to meet with Baratheon troops near the Gold Road in Tumbleton (who started raiding the road and capturing supplies, weapons and gold sent by the Lannisters), while he and Randyll Tarly took the bulk of the Tyrell Army (nothing less than 33,000 men) to cut Tywin's supply lines to his home. Entering the Riverlands, Lord Tarly hanged a good number of Lannister men sacking the fields, and let his scouts to retake the Stony Sept, freeing a good number of Stark soldiers who were being starved to death. With this, the Westerlands is now isolated from the Crownlands and Harrenhal.

Siege of the Golden Tooth:

Knowing that there was an option to finally invade the Westerlands, King Robb assembled a force of 4,000 Northerners and 3,000 Riverlanders on the command of Theon Greyjoy (a move that many worried about) and sent them to take the Golden Tooth and destroy its 3,000 strong garrison. Theon started his siege and looked for alternate roads, but couldn't find any. With Ser Stafford Lannister's departure to Essos as an envoy, Ser Daven Lannister took command of the 10,000 strong army of the Westerlands and marched on the Golden Tooth, having a combined army of 13,000 men (most of them still inexpert recruits) to face off against Theon. It was then than Rickard Karstark and his 2,000 men arrived to take the command of the besieging force. Theon Greyjoy was set to leave for Riverrun the following day, but as he retreated to his tent a number of Northern soldiers ambushed him and brutally stabbed him to death in a reprisal for the Greyjoy invasion of the North. Lord Karstark concluded that finding the culprits would take too much time, and he prepared to continue to siege.

Asha Greyjoy's Invasion of the North:

Crowning himself as King of the Iron Isles, Balon Greyjoy wasted no time in using some of the forces he had assembled in Pyke to strike against his enemies. Choosing the North as his target, he commanded Asha Greyjoy to take 5,000 men and 200 ships from the Reaving Fleet and instructed her to start the raid. Asha wasted no time, and her first raid against Flint's Finger was a complete sucess, drowning a good number of men from House Flint. The second raid, much more daring, was the raid on the city of Barrowton and her confrontation with House Dustin, with Lady Barbrey mounting a good defense. Thanks to last minute help from Galbert Glover and 1,000 Northerners sent to the North to prevent a Greyjoy attack, Asha was soundly defeated at Barrowton, losing a few hundred men. Knowing that Glover would take his time to go further North, Asha licked her wounds and struck again at Deepwood Motte, taking the Glovers as prisioners but choosing not hold the castle for the time being. Finally, Asha launched her men against Bear Island, capturing several Mormonts and turning the isle as a Greyjoy base, commanded by Harmund Sharp and a garrison of a 1,000 men. Having lost more than 600 men on her raids, Asha stands ready with her ships and 3,400 Ironborn for further attacks.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2014, 03:15:37 PM »

Right, this turn is over, next one starts today or tomorrow.

Important Characters killed off this turn:
-Theon Greyjoy.

Armies:

Joffrey/Tyrion/Cersei:
Army of the Crownlands - 10,000 - KL
The Gold Cloaks - 7,000 – KL
Vale Mountain Clans – 300 - KL
Fleet of King's Landing - 50 – KL
(can only recruit men from King’s Landing)

Tywin:
Army of Ser Daven Lannister - 13,000 - The Golden Tooth
Army of Lord Tywin - 15,000 - Stokeworth
Army of Ser Addam Marbrand - 6,000 - Harrenhal
Fleet of Lannisport - 40 – Lannisport
Fleet of the Westerlands - 20 - Sailing

Renly:
Army of Bryce Caron – 7,500 – Sharp Point
Army of Parmen Crane – 10,000 - Tumbleton
Garrison and Army of Storm's End - 7,500 - Storm's End
Fleet of Storm's End - 60 - Storm's End

Mace Tyrell:
Army of Randyll Tarly - 33,000 - The Stony Sept
Army of Leyton Hightower - 7,000 Tumbleton
Army of Garlan Tyrell - 5,000 - Crakehall
Garrison of Highgarden – 5,000 - Highgarden
Fleet of the Reach - 40 - Sailing to King's Landing
Fleet of the Arbor - 200 – The Arbor
Hightower Fleet – 30 – Oldtown
Shield Islands Fleet – 30 – Shield Islands
(can call a max. of 30.000 more men)

Stannis:
Army of Dragonstone - 6000 - Dragonstone
The Royal Fleet - 200 - Blackwater Bay
(cannot call more men, only sellswords)

Robb:
Army of King Robb Stark - 12,000 - Riverrun
Army of Rickard Karstark - 9,000 - Golden Tooth
Army of Galbert Glover - 900 - Barrowton
Garrison of Winterfell – 1.000 – Winterfell
Garrison of Moat Cailin – 500 – Moat Cailin
Fleet of White Harbor - 20 – Near the Vale

Hoster Tully/Edmure Tully:
Army of the Riverlands - 6,000 - Riverrun
Army of Blackfish/Bracken - 6,500 - Near Riverrun
The River Fleet - 30 - Near the Vale
(cannot call more men)

Daenerys Targaryen:
Dragons - 3 - Currently sailing
Daenerys Khalasar – 200 (+Ser Jorah Mormont and Ser Barristan Selmy) – currently sailing

Balon:
Army of the Iron Islands – 15,000 – Pyke
(4.000 men formally a part of the Iron Fleet)
Army of Asha Greyjoy - 3,400 (Bear Island)
Army of Harmund Sharp - 1,000 (Bear Island)
The Iron Fleet - 100 - Pyke
Reaving Fleet – 300 - Pyke
Asha's Fleet - 190 - Bear Island
(can call a max. of 10.000 more men)

Doran Martell:
Army of Sunspear - 5,000 - Sunspear
Navy of Sunspear - 30 – Sunspear

Lysa Arryn:
Army of the Vale - 5,000 - the Eyrie
Fleet of Gulltown - 35 – Gulltown
(can call a max. 25.000 more men)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2014, 07:35:51 PM »

299 AL (1), or "Stags, Wolves and Lions": (Part I)

General View:

The War of the Five Kings has truly begun (Robb's earlier campaign in the Riverlands can very well be called a prelude to war), and all Kings have made their first moves. Suprisingly, most of them have proved cautious instead of willing to rush ahead and the end the war as quickly as possible, and this has resulted in advantages for some and damages for others. The stalemate in the Riverlands is still there, with Robb holed up in Riverrun while his men fight in the Golden Tooth, and Tywin seemingly marching back into the Crownlands. Stannis and Renly seemed poised to meet, and the Tyrells have seized the initiative by taking the Stony Sept and blocking Tywin from the Westerlands. Daenerys sails to Pentos, and as rumours grow about her, it seems she might very well become a contender for the throne very soon.

Quotes:

"Onwards to King's Landing, lads!"
(A Captain of the Redwyne Fleet after hearing of Horas and Hobber's escape)

"The Citadel has predicted that we will have at best one and a half year of warm weather in Westeros, afterwards a long winter will come."
(Archmaester Gormon of the Citadel)

"That Baelish imbecile can stay in Harrenhal for all he likes, he is not one of us."
(Comment attributed to Yohn Royce)

Info:

Tyrion Lannister:
-Prestige: 6/10 (After taking command of the situation he seems to be improving)
-Gold: 100.000 GD of his own money (Crown debts increasing, foreign trade blocked).
-Legitimacy: 6/10 (Cersei still challenges his authority, and without Baelish the Council is too small to operate in a decent way)

-While you were sucessful in getting rid of Janos Slynt and taking hold of several assets as Hand of the King, the city is threatened and people are beginning to panic thanks to the lack of food. Joffrey is becoming more unstable, and Pycelle and Cersei are openly stalling and opposing most of your moves in the Small Council (which now only has you, Varys and the first two). Bronn is doing his best, but crime keeps rising despite the Gold Cloaks killing many thieves. What's worse, Joffrey ordered most of King Robert's bastards dead, which means that the city is about to face a riot if urgent measures are not taken. On the other hand, Lord Rosby and several minor Lords have brought the 10,000 strong Crownlander army, but they need a commander. Varys suggests Ser Jacelyn Bywater, but he is one of Varys's men after all.

Stannis Baratheon:
-Prestige: 7/10 (Military reputation)
-Gold: 375.000 GD (Has to pay for the cost of mantaining the blockade)
-Legitimacy: 7/10 (No changes yet)

-Your navy now blocks Blackwater Bay, and it seems to may be able to parley with Renly after all, which has reduced the strategical disadvantages. Alas, Lord Sunglass has declared he can't follow you since you seem to be more interested in the Lord of Light, and the Lords who follow the Seven are worried that the people of Westeros won't accept a foreign religion.

Tywin Lannister:
-Prestige: 7/10 (Tywin has lost standing thanks to the attacks on his lands)
-Gold: 3.500.000 GD (The gold mines still work, but you have spent a lot in sellswords and other things)
-Legitimacy: 10/10 (Undisputed Lord of the Westerlands)

-It seems you will have to force an outcome as soon as possible. You can't return to the Westerlands with the Tyrell Army in the Stony Sept, and you can't help Ser Daven because Robb Stark is in the way, which reduces your options. The House of Lannister may yet win this war, but it's time for Tywin to repeat his victory against the Reynes and the Tarbecks.

Renly Baratheon:
-Prestige: 5/10 (No changes)
-Gold: 725.000 GD (No debts)
-Legitimacy: 5/10 (No changes)

-You have organized your forces and restablished your links to the Tyrells, but the talks of a parley with Stannis are still worrying many of your bannerman. Either way, it's advised for you to make a personal move to raise your prestige, as many are not happy with seeing you still in Storm's End.

Balon Greyjoy:
-Prestige: 6/10 (Back in the game after attacking the North)
-Gold: 280.000 GD (Some spoils from the North)
-Legitimacy: 8/10 (He is still unchallenged in his authority, but with Theon gone the sucession might be messy)

-Asha is now stationed in Bear Island and awaiting further orders, as the rest of your captains are. The North will defend itself, but so far the Ironborn have been sucessful in enacting their revenge for the rebelion and the deaths of Maron and Rodrik Greyjoy. Sadly, the death of Prince Theon has led to problems in the sucession of the Kingdoms, and many believe Victarion will not support Asha as Queen due to her being a woman.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 07:52:28 PM »

299 AL (1), or "Stags, Wolves and Lions": (Part II)

Info:

Robb Stark:
-Prestige: 7/10 (Lowered after the recent attacks and Robb still in Riverrun)
-Gold: 580.000 GD (Further damage to the North and Riverlands)
-Legitimacy: 7/10 (Lowered after the Theon situation, the Riverlords are furious at now being allowed to save their people)

-Good day, your grace. Despite some sound moves that prevented major disasters, your position has not improved very much. The Riverlands are in fire and the Riverlords are desperate to save their lands from Vargo Hoat, and they can't understand why you are still in Riverrun intead of moving your army to fight. Lord Karstark continues to siege the Golden Tooth, but his army is inferior to Daven Lannister's troops in number, so he can't storm the place nor he can find an alternate road yet. Tywin Lannister seems to have left Harrenhal, but there are still enemy forces there. Galbart Glover reports the need for reinforcements in the North, and Ser Marlon Manderly has joined with the Riverfleet near the Vale.

Mace Tyrell:
-Prestige: 6/10 (Increased after a sucessful start to his campaign)
-Gold: 2.950.000 GD (The army costs a lot, but the economy is still doing great)
-Legitimacy: 10/10 (Unchallenged as the Lord of the Reach)

-Well done, Lord Tyrell! You have cut off Tywin from his lands and struck at many places, which shows a good level of strategical prowess on your behalf. Garlan is ready to storm Crakehall if you give the order, and your commanders press you to go and face Tywin or King's Landing once and for all. On the other hand, there's talk of Renly discussing terms with Stannis, which is a dangerous thing for you as it would mean that Margaery would stop being Queen. The Redwyne Fleet is available now as well, so you can use them to fight.

Doran Martell:
-Prestige: 7/10
-Gold: 800.000 GD (Region intact)
-Legitimacy: 8/10

-Not many changes here, many await for the arrival of Princess Myrcella since she will be key in the development of the political war behind the actual war. Oberyn is pressing you to end someone to King's Landing to take the Dornish seat in the Small Council, others believe the city and the imp will fall soon, so there's no need to rush yet.

Daenerys Targaryen:
-Prestige: 6/10
-Gold: 15.000 GD (has more funds thanks to Ser Barristan)
-Legitimacy: 7/10

-After a long journey the Dragons have continued to grow, and you have learned a lot of things about your heritage thanks to Ser Barristan. You have now arrived to the Slaver's Bay, and the ships are currently staying for a few days in Astapor. Ser Jorah has changed his mind and he has suggested that you try to buy some unsullied soldiers in order to come to Illyrio with an army, but Ser Barristan says that using slave soldiers would be a terrible move and something rather distasteful. Thus, you can try to by unsullied (if you do, I will need your offer and such) or sail to Volantis to continue your journey to Pentos.

Lysa Arryn:
-Prestige: 4/10
-Gold: 600.000 GD
-Legitimacy: 4/10

-While some of your recent moves have proved to be effective, the Lords of the Vale are distrusting you more and more after your refusal to make a move and your request to have guests who could easily turn into hostages. What's worse, Lord Baelish's impending arrival is not approved by the Vale Lords, who still hope to marry you and consider Littlefinger a poor choice for a suitor (specially with the Lannisters being in trouble now).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 07:00:31 PM »

OOC: Who else needs to send in their moves? Looking forward to seeing what this next round will be.

Stannis, Lysa and Renly, and I think this one might not need a POV pre-update, meaning we could technically jump ahead to some mindblowing military results.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 08:05:43 PM »

From the next turn on I will impose a limit (three days sounds reasonable enough, perhaps four), and I guess I'll send a PM to them as well.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 02:29:20 PM »

So, just to clarify, as of now Renly is no longer putting forward his claim to be king?

Indeed, and while that move has give the upper hand to the Baratheons, Renly's prestige has dropped (specially among the Stormlords).

I have everything I need, so we go straight for the military update this afternoon!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 02:38:58 PM »

I thought for a long time about this, and concluded that the alternative would be repeating the original story and having Stannis kill Renly or viceversa. I want the game to take a different road, and as I thought about it I found it plausible for Stannis to go for that road (he did offer similar terms to Renly). Renly is a more complicated issue, but he will get a penalty for surrendering his crown that will come to haunt him later. And as of Stannis + Tyrells owning everybody, I wouldn't say that's the case. The Lannisters have a massive number of sellswords to try and balance the numbers, and I do have a few other surprises as we move forward.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies