Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:52:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 85684 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 18, 2014, 01:38:38 PM »

That is precisely what I mean with writing proclaims, good job, Antonio!

I have already received a good number of moves from four players, so we're making a lot of progress here. Once I have all the answers, we will have a short mini-update phase in which I reveal somethings that have happened via POV (as in, recreating chapters from Clash of Kings), then you'll be given a short time to react, and I will go through with the military update to end the year of 298 AL.

Can't wait Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 01:35:24 PM »

A raven sent to Robb Stark:

I will return your father's bones to you as a gesture of good faith. - Tyrion Lannister, Hand of the King.

"This kind gesture honors you. However, while my mother and I have long yearned to return Lord Stark's remains to Winterfell where they belong, we are even more anxious to see our beloved sisters and daughters again. As we ourselves hold several Lannisters captive, I believe we could, as two humane commanders, find an agreement for the best of all of us."

We would also be willing to trade Sansa Stark for my brother, Jaimie. Lord Stark, your father's execution would never have happened had I been in King's Landing. I know it sounds queer coming from a Lannister, but it's true. I know your mother believes me responsible for the attempt on your brother Bran's life as well, but that is a falsehood, ser. I quite liked the boy, speaking for myself. But now we find ourselves in a war. One with which I'm hopeful to try and end the bloodshed as quickly as possible.

A raven to my father Tywin Lannister:

Father, I must send you unhappy news. Our military situation is very dire, I'm afraid. Our city defenses could probably hold off one of the rebel armies, it's doubtful without your assistance that we can hold out if any of the armies align. I'm very concerned about the situation with Renly Baratheon as he bears the most pressing threat. I have called the banners to the capital and am preparing city defenses, but I urge you to hasten your arrival from Harrenhal.

A raven to my son, Tyrion Lannister:

"I would've hoped you'd realize that we cannot simply abandon the realm to Robb Stark.  The boy cannot go unchallenged in the Riverlands.  Your brother Jaime would've been able to hold Kings Landing against either of the King's treasonous uncles with the forces under your command.  Alas, you are not him as you continue to work so hard to remind me.  An army of 25,000 sellswords is on its way and with their help, even you should be able to hold out until the war in the Riverlands is won.  Try not to lose the war before they arrive.  If that won't suffice, you can always send Lord Baelish to try to bring Lysa Arryn into the fold.  One other thing:  If when I return I discover that you've taken any whores in my bed while I was away, I swear by the old Gods and the new that each one of them shall hang."  - Lord Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West, and Shield of Lannisport
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 03:35:46 PM »

It should be remembered that Littlefinger is just Lord of the Fingers, too weak to sucessfully court Lysa, so he needs to be a higher Lord in order to be accepted into the Vale. Also, Lord Tyrion will have to appoint a new Master of Coin if Littlefinger goes away.

So if the Hand were to name him Lord of Harrenhall and make Doran the acting Master of Coin, problem solved?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 06:31:24 AM »

Did Myrcella's ship leave the Blackwater Bay before the blockade and is she on the way to Dorne, or is she still in Kings Landing?

Probably, but hopefully Dorne can help fight Renly/Mace!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 02:34:55 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2014, 08:21:33 PM by Malcolm X »

OOC: Sorry for the verbal abuse, Dr. Cynic, it comes with the character Tongue  Feel free to include any Tyrionesque quips in your responses if you wish Wink

IC: A raven to my son, Tyrion Lannister:

"Since it seems you have failed thus far to halt the advance of Robert's treasonous brothers, my ravens have been extremely busy.  So should yours, hopefully you've made good use of the time you've had.  If you can be bothered to halt your drunken debochury long enough to start acting like a Lannister for a change, we should be able to pull off a victory.  If you can only hold off one rebel army, make it Renly's.  I trust you have already taken measures to prevent Stannis from landing.  If you can at least prevent that much and hold off Renly's forces long enough for reinforcements to arrive, then the threat to Kings Landing should be temporarily neutralized.  Is there any news from Dorne or the Vale?

We must also act to exploit the rumors about King Joffrey's Uncles.  Stannis has spread repulsive lies about the King, as well as your brother and sister and should be paid in his own coin.  Send a raven to every Lord telling them that Stannis' daughter was fathered by his court fool.  The ravens to all the Lords in the Reach, should also inform them of the reason that everyone in King's Landing knows Renly will never leave any heirs.  Renly's perversions are the worst kept secret in Kings Landing and should give the Tyrells pause.  Obviously omit any rumors that might directly insult the Tyrells.  If you defend Kings Landing half as well as your brother Jaime would have, you just might save your sister and nephew instead of killing them like you did your mother."
 - Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West, and Shield of Lannisport.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 11:43:40 AM »

A raven to Tyrion Lannister

Lord Tyrion,

I am still awaiting a response to my offer for a prisoners exchange. It seems to me that giving away three young Lannister men in exchange for two innocent girls may be considered a generous offer, especially since yours and your father's position in this war seem far from triumphant in these days. Being the reasonable man I have known you as, I have no doubt you will seize this opportunity.

-- Robb of the House Stark, First of his Name, King in the North

OOC: I may be mistaken, but IIRC, Lumine never said you have Martyn Lannister as a hostage.  You might be thinking of the show where it is Willem and Martyn Lannister instead of Willem Lannister and Tion (?) Frey.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 01:05:10 PM »

OOC: So yeah, Willem and a Frey couldn't possibly be enough for even one Stark, let alone both.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 06:04:42 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2014, 07:42:09 AM by Malcolm X »

This is fascinating! I can't wait to see what happens next.

OOC: I know, isn't it great Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 12:36:57 PM »

OOC: I have to say that I really enjoy your Tywin impersonation, Mr. X. You do a great job at conveying the character's spirit and attitude. Wink

OOC: Reading X's tirades about Tyrion is one of the highlights of this whole thing.

OCC: Thanks, guys Smiley  The they have been fun to write and hopefully I'll "live" long enough to write many more Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 12:42:54 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2014, 01:19:21 PM by Malcolm X »

OOC: I have to say that I really enjoy your Tywin impersonation, Mr. X. You do a great job at conveying the character's spirit and attitude. Wink

OOC: You've done a really good job as Robb Stark, btw Smiley.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 01:39:36 PM »

OOC: You've done a really good job as Robb Stark, btw Smiley.

OOC: Thank you! That's also the part of the game I enjoy most. Smiley

and hopefully I'll "live" long enough to write many more Tongue

Sadly I can't make any promise on this, though. Tongue

OOC: Naturally, I make no promises about your survival either.  Hopefully we'll get the next update soon so we can find out!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 05:33:28 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2014, 06:12:14 PM by Malcolm X »

A raven to my son, Tyrion Lannister:

"I instructed you to defend Kings Landing from Renly's forces and prevent Stannis from landing at all costs.  Instead, I have just received word that you lost two invaluable hostages.  I gave you a position of responsibility with real power and what have you done with it?  You've allowed the city to starve and brought it to the cusp of a riot while you drink and whore the days away as though you're King Robert II.  When we spoke last, I said you were to bring your sister and nephew to heel if must needs be.  The next time you find yourself unable to stop the King from killing half the bastards in the city, at least have the courage to tell me yourself.  You'll never be a tenth of the man your brother Jaime is, but I had hoped even you might occasionally manage to outmaneuver an 18 year-old.  The Hand of the King must have discipline, caution, foresight, and above all else, wisdom.  Sadly, these are qualities which you have lacked ever since the day you murdered your mother to come into this world.  

Alas, you may be the least of us, but you are still a Lannister for as long as the Seven have condemned me to watch you wear our family's sigil.  Since you seem unable to stay sober long enough to handle your duties like the man I raised you to be, I have had to take time away from fighting this war to send you this raven instructing you to take measures to ensure that the people are able to get exactly enough food to remove the threat of a riot.  No more and no less.  It appears that our Dornish friends will not lift a finger to assist the defense of Kings Landing in the near future, at least until Princess Myrcella has arrived in Sunspear, something that cannot be risked while Stannis is blockading the city.  We have been fortunate in that Renly has thus far opted to continue playing at being a King from his perch at Storm's End rather than actually trying to become one, but that probably won't last much longer.  In any event, try not to burn down Kings Landing before reinforcements arrive.  If I hear that you let any more hostages escape, you may need another sharp lesson.  I suppose I should be grateful that you didn't marry another whore this time."
- Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West, and Shield of Lannisport
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 07:40:04 PM »

OOC: Who else needs to send in their moves? Looking forward to seeing what this next round will be.

Stannis, Lysa and Renly, and I think this one might not need a POV pre-update, meaning we could technically jump ahead to some mindblowing military results.

Alright - one thing I might suggest for future rounds is setting a close date (like the election games), both to keep things moving along and to allow for more scheming and planning before the end-of-round deadline (so that you wouldn't try to plan something only to find someone's already sent in their moves).

OOC: Another possibility (that could even work for this round) is PMing folks who still haven't made there moves once there are only a handful outstanding.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 08:05:00 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2014, 11:46:12 AM by Malcolm X »

OOC: Who else needs to send in their moves? Looking forward to seeing what this next round will be.

Stannis, Lysa and Renly, and I think this one might not need a POV pre-update, meaning we could technically jump ahead to some mindblowing military results.

Alright - one thing I might suggest for future rounds is setting a close date (like the election games), both to keep things moving along and to allow for more scheming and planning before the end-of-round deadline (so that you wouldn't try to plan something only to find someone's already sent in their moves).

OOC: Another possibility (that could even work for this round) is PMing folks who still haven't made there moves once there are only a handful outstanding.

OOC: I wonder if the Baratheons haven't just been engineering some massive plot over the past 3 days.

OCC: I just really want to know what happens, although "mindblowing military results" has me rather nervous Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 12:56:43 PM »

OOC: What are people's thoughts on setting a close date/time for this round?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 01:02:30 PM »

OOC: What are people's thoughts on setting a close date/time for this round?

I've seen Simfan, Oakvale and Dereich posting today - if they're not in by this evening then move ahead.

OOC: Sounds fair enough
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 01:34:52 PM »

OOC: Yup. We have to get the game going. The waiting is killing me. Angry
I'm especially waiting for X's next bashing of Tyrion Tongue

OOC: I hope Tyrion wasn't killed by one of the Baratheons, the game would lose one of my favorite dynamics Sad  I'm glad folks enjoy those as much as I enjoy writing them Grin  Actually it can't be one of them b/c they haven't moved.  I guess that leaves Antonio, Spamage, and I as the most likely beneficiaries since Sjoyce and Cranberry don't seem to be in invading moods this turn.  This game is great, but its one flaw is that it has moved a bit too slowly thus far.  Well that and it needs more Roose Bolton Wink  Anyway, keep up the great work Lumine Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 02:00:41 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2014, 02:19:26 PM by Malcolm X »

OOC: Mr. X, speaking of Roose Bolton, it just crossed my mind that the campaign sign in your sig has an uncanny resemblance with the Bolton banner:

You really like this character don't you? Grin

OOC: +50 X points to Antonio for pointing that out.  Sadly, the similarity wasn't deliberate, but I'll take it.  And yes, Roose Bolton is probably my second favorite character in the series after Tyrion Arya had been my second favorite, but the quality of her chapters dropped quiet a bit imo during FeastDance while Bolton got even more page-time and stayed awesome.  The guy who plays Roose in the series is perfectly cast too.  Michael McElhatton and Charles Dance would both be great Richard IIIs, especially McElhatton.  I generally like the show's take on the villains (ex: Tywin, Joffrey, and even Ramsay Snow a.k.a. bizarro John Snow) far better than the book versions, albeit partly due to the acting (ex: there's no way BookJoffrey could top what Jack Gleeson brought to the role).  However, Roose is a pretty awesome character no matter what medium he appears in Smiley

Edit: I also just realized that we have a poster named Tyrion who is somehow not in this Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 02:31:10 PM »

A PROCLAIMATION

UPON TREATING, King Stannis Baratheon and his brother, Lord Renly Baratheon, in recognition of their common enemy in the Lannister usurpers, today declare -

The Terms of the Twin Stag Alliance:

1. The overthrow of the false bastard king Joffrey "Baratheon".

2. The installation of Stannis Baratheon, first of his name and the rightful King of Westeros, on the Iron Throne.

3. The appointment of Lord Renly Baratheon as Hand of The King. Lord Renly will also be given a considerable demesne and be recognised as the governor of several realms in the Seven Kingdoms, to be negotiated after King's Landing is taken.

4. Lord Renly will named the heir to King Stannis.

In addition to his current role as Hand of the King, Ser Davos Seaworth is hereby named as King Stannis' Master of Ships in the royal fleet, to continue the work of the blockade on King's Landing.

OOC: Stannis has two Hands?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 03:15:40 PM »

OOC: I think you may have the wrong thread, Ser Wind of House Jammer
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 04:23:41 PM »

Well crap Sad

There go my plans to make Vargo Hoat Lord of Riverun and figure out a way to marry off Sansa Stark to Ramsay Snow Sad
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 04:45:11 PM »

Oh well, hopefully new characters will pop up and I'll have a chance to rejoin after I die Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 07:50:01 PM »

Oh well, hopefully new characters will pop up and I'll have a chance to rejoin after I die Tongue

Bolton!

Indeed Grin

Dibs on him if he pops up.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 08:57:38 AM »

Lumine, these are just details, but is Daven in Sarsfield or in Lannisport right now? The military update and the armies tally seem to disagree in that regard. Also, Glover was leading a 900-men detachment before I called the additional men, so unless he's somehow suffered losses his army should be 3900 strong.

Finally, I have a problem. Last turn should involve the appearance of a character that is a massive spoiler for the books, but I don't wish to spoil that for those who have only watched the series. What do those who have only watched the series think? Should I include said character?

Personally I would very much want to avoid spoilers (especially since I'm even farther behind that you guys). But if it's really necessary to the game and not a critical plot point in the show, I can make a sacrifice...

Also, I forget if I mentioned this in my moves PM, but Garlan Tyrell has the same 5,000 troops he had before the battle despite taking "heavy casualties."
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2014, 01:51:32 PM »

Lumine, these are just details, but is Daven in Sarsfield or in Lannisport right now? The military update and the armies tally seem to disagree in that regard. Also, Glover was leading a 900-men detachment before I called the additional men, so unless he's somehow suffered losses his army should be 3900 strong.

Finally, I have a problem. Last turn should involve the appearance of a character that is a massive spoiler for the books, but I don't wish to spoil that for those who have only watched the series. What do those who have only watched the series think? Should I include said character?

Personally I would very much want to avoid spoilers (especially since I'm even farther behind that you guys). But if it's really necessary to the game and not a critical plot point in the show, I can make a sacrifice...

Also, I forget if I mentioned this in my moves PM, but Garlan Tyrell has the same 5,000 troops he had before the battle despite taking "heavy casualties."

I have just made the changes, and since I finally ended up most of the heavy work at college I finally have the time I need for this! Now, I have decided not to have the "surprise" character if deference of those who don't wish to be spoiled (seriously, it's horrible when you get spoiled), so I will pretend said character doesn't exist and that way the game with run more smoothly. As a result, next turn comes today, and I will put in place the time limit for two days until the POV update (when there is one) and one extra day until the military update. Three days sounds reasonable, and it will allow us to move fast.

Do you mean the current turn ends today (fine with me Tongue ) or that it starts today for the purposes of the limits you mentioned in your post?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies