Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:10:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Clash of Kings, an ASOIAF Game (The End)  (Read 85644 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« on: June 18, 2014, 01:29:49 PM »

That is precisely what I mean with writing proclaims, good job, Antonio!

I have already received a good number of moves from four players, so we're making a lot of progress here. Once I have all the answers, we will have a short mini-update phase in which I reveal somethings that have happened via POV (as in, recreating chapters from Clash of Kings), then you'll be given a short time to react, and I will go through with the military update to end the year of 298 AL.

Cheesy
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 04:10:22 PM »

-Until King's Landing comes to its senses and embraces Renly Baratheon as the true King of Westeros the Roseroad shall be closed. We do not believe in supplying our enemies with some of our bountiful food which could be used elsewhere.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 11:21:28 PM »

Isn't Theon still with Robb?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 03:03:59 PM »

Are their going to be white walkers in this? Or the Night's Watch?

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 07:37:04 PM »

Oh well, hopefully new characters will pop up and I'll have a chance to rejoin after I die Tongue

Bolton!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 05:41:03 PM »

Reaction to the Baratheon-Baratheon-Tyrell axis through uniting the Starks, Tullys, Lannisters and Arryns?

Considering they started the war and loathe each other I remain unsure about how much they can be "united" Wink
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 09:50:20 PM »

Does this mean I no longer get to play the Tyrells? Sad

Who posioned me?!?!??
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 02:49:32 PM »

To Lord Tywin Lannister:

Your house lies in ruins. Your kith and kin have departed this earth. Your army is wavering. Come now, and do not fight this useless fight. If you seek to keep your neck- all you have left, honestly- you will do what is wisest and lay down your arms.

Prince Renly Baratheon

OOC: Don't worry Simfan, we're good Smiley  I just feel like Tywin would be about ready to go Ramsay Snow on Stannis and Renly at this point Tongue

"My Lord,

My House lies in ruins, just as you say.  Much of my family has indeed been slaughtered by the wretched vermin of House Baratheon, some of them members of that very House.  However, you are mistaken if you believe all I have left is my neck.  In fact, it is not even the most valuable thing I have left.  All my life, I have lived for two things and two things only, my family and the legacy of my House.  Along with the Tyrells, you and your usurper brother have burned both of those things to the ground.  I have but one thing left and that is to avenge them.  I will show your House and all who align with it the same mercy which you showed my family.  You have spared two members of my House and so I will allow Edric Storm and Mya Stone to live the remainder of their days as prisoners should I capture them. 

However, I owe you and your brother a special debt and a Lannister always pays his debts.  Rest assured, this debt will be payed in full, even if it costs me my life.  When my forces have retaken Kings Landing, and rest assured they will, whether under the command of myself, my brother, Ser Marbrand, or another commander, the Mountain, Ser Gregor Clegane, will be permitted to do as he wishes with your wife and unborn child.  Fear not though, I have no doubt he will be every bit as merciful towards them as he was when your brother Robert had me send him after the Targaryen children.  While he may well rip her limb from limb, she may be dead by then which would make her death a good deal less painful than the one my eldest Grandson suffered at the hands of your mob just before he could reach safety behind my lines.  Any highborn not otherwise mentioned in this message from House Tyrell or House Baratheon will have their heads put spikes.  I will give Stannis' wife and the daughter she had with his court fool the same choice that you gave my daughter Cersei and my youngest grandson, Tommon.  They will be permitted to chose between poisoning themselves and being burned alive.  I have no doubt Stannis will approve as the wretched beast is reportedly quite fond of burning people alive.  I hear he would stand and listen to his victims screams in the dead of night during his days on Dragonstone.  One wonders what he would do to you, Lord Renly, if he ever suspected you of disloyalty.  Does it give you pause, to think about what might become of a shameless, sycophantic opportunist and would-be usurper such as yourself after the war, once Stannis Baratheon no longer has any need for you?  Fear not, we will never find out the answer.

I owe you and your brother a truly special debt.  I might just have to temporarily reintroduce the practice of flaying in order to pay it fully.  When you find yourself in the deepest of the black cells, Lord Renly, you will find time loses its meaning.  Days and nights, weeks and months, they all blur together, or so I'm told.  But one day, and rest assured the day will come (although you may be missing a few bits by then, but what's a few fingers here or an ear there), you and your brother will realize that everyone either of you ever carried for is dead thanks to your actions.  You will both realize that House Baratheon has been burned to the ground in its entirety.  All that will remain to suggest that your House ever existed will be a legacy of ashes.  One day you will know what it is to truly taste the ashes of your family, your House, and your legacy, and on that day you will know that the debt has been paid."
- Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West, Shield of Lannisport

Margery is at Highgarden, not the Capitol. Leave my sister alone! Angry
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 02:57:37 PM »

Oh and while I'm here...

Who posioned me?!?!??

A Lannister always pays his debts Evil

Note to Lumine: Obviously, I still don't want any details of the plot revealed until the end of the game.

Note to Willas Tyrell: Normally I wouldn't say this and I'm sure I'll regret it in a few turns, but I'll feel bad if the Reach Bolton plot kills you again right after you re-entered the game Tongue  For your sake, you should probably get on this sooner rather than later...

Just as death changed LSH, so too has it changed House Tyrell. Your cities will burn, your people will hang, and your gold will be ours. You Tywin, you ingrate and craven, shall see your people killed, your family thrown asunder, and your entire life's work put to waste. House Tyrell has a few surprises in store and they all involve destroying you.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 03:00:37 PM »

Oh and while I'm here...

Who posioned me?!?!??

A Lannister always pays his debts Evil

Note to Lumine: Obviously, I still don't want any details of the plot revealed until the end of the game.

Note to Willas Tyrell: Normally I wouldn't say this and I'm sure I'll regret it in a few turns, but I'll feel bad if the Reach Bolton plot kills you again right after you re-entered the game Tongue  For your sake, you should probably get on this sooner rather than later...

Just as death changed LSH, so too has it changed House Tyrell. Your cities will burn, your people will hang, and your gold will be ours. You Tywin, you ingrate and craven, shall see your people killed, your family thrown asunder, and your entire life's work put to waste. House Tyrell has a few surprises in store and they all involve destroying you.

I still killed your Dad Tongue  And Reach Bolton's work is far from done...

OOC: Reach Bolton?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 03:15:47 PM »

A Rose's Thorns:

During Robert Baratheon’s Rebellion against the Targaryen Dynasty, the Reach was the region most loyal to the old order and the status quo. Even after the brutal sack of King’s Landing by Tywin Lannister (may he rot in the Seven Hells) we continued to besiege Storm’s End until we were forced to surrender.

In the ensuing peace we may have feigned loyalty, but we never forgot. My father was exceptionally well at this, even getting my sister a marriage to Renly Baratheon, the man who would’ve been King. Our apparent loyalty was thrown in our face and my sister dishonored however, when Renly ceded the crown to Stannis Baratheon, a heathen and uncharismatic leader. Since Margery was pregnant with the child of Renly we had to make it appear as though we too remained loyal, but yet again we never forgot and now, looking upon our past, it is time to act.

The Reach hereby recognizes Daenerys Targaryen as the Queen of the Andals and of the First Men, ruler over all of Westeros, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea and the Mother of Dragons.

Long Live the Queen!

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 03:20:32 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2014, 03:23:08 PM by Spamage »

A Rose's Thorns:

During Robert Baratheon’s Rebellion against the Targaryen Dynasty, the Reach was the region most loyal to the old order and the status quo. Even after the brutal sack of King’s Landing by Tywin Lannister (may he rot in the Seven Hells) we continued to besiege Storm’s End until we were forced to surrender.

In the ensuing peace we may have feigned loyalty, but we never forgot. My father was exceptionally well at this, even getting my sister a marriage to Renly Baratheon, the man who would’ve been King. Our apparent loyalty was thrown in our face and my sister dishonored however, when Renly ceded the crown to Stannis Baratheon, a heathen and uncharismatic leader. Since Margery was pregnant with the child of Renly we had to make it appear as though we too remained loyal, but yet again we never forgot and now, looking upon our past, it is time to act.

The Reach hereby recognizes Daenerys Targaryen as the Queen of the Andals and of the First Men, ruler over all of Westeros, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea and the Mother of Dragons.

Long Live the Queen!

OOCish: Let the record show that this is the second time in three turns that the Tyrells have stabbed an ally in the back Tongue

Says the man who sacked King's Landing while pretending to be loyal... we informed Renly that we were discussing with you all along. You were never our ally.

Also the Baratheons lost our alliance the moment that Renly lost the crown.

EDIT: This is a real Bolton-eque moment! Turning on my former ally because of a slight.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 04:16:53 PM »

A Rose's Thorns:

Long Live the Queen!

OOCish: Let the record show that this is the second time in three turns that the Tyrells have stabbed an ally in the back Tongue

Says the man who sacked King's Landing while pretending to be loyal... we informed Renly that we were discussing with you all along. You were never our ally.

Also the Baratheons lost our alliance the moment that Renly lost the crown.

EDIT: This is a real Bolton-eque moment! Turning on my former ally because of a slight.

No, it is a Walder Frey moment.

Deal with it. Wink
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 09:31:45 PM »

Aemon: We would normally send men north to join you, but we have been faced with the death of our patriarch Mace. Furthermore getting an army to you would be next to impossible considering the fact that the Lannisters and Baratheons control the road to the Wall and the land on the way is desolate and in ruin due to the war, meaning getting men north would require alot more supplies and goods that we cannot afford to give out now that winter is nearly here.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 01:47:45 PM »

3. Try it and the Iron Fleet will burn; we fought off the Redwyne fleet and we'll do the same to you Angry

Good thing we have nearly quadruple the assets of the Redwyne fleet Tongue

A Lannister always pays his debts...

You fought off the Redwyne fleet, but at the expense of the navy you had remaining.

And I can promise you, our intention was always betraying you when you came to us for an alliance. We had to make it appear like we were planning something with you so you wouldn't grow suspicious Wink
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 02:57:19 PM »

3. Try it and the Iron Fleet will burn; we fought off the Redwyne fleet and we'll do the same to you Angry

Good thing we have nearly quadruple the assets of the Redwyne fleet Tongue

A Lannister always pays his debts...

You fought off the Redwyne fleet, but at the expense of the navy you had remaining.

And I can promise you, our intention was always betraying you when you came to us for an alliance. We had to make it appear like we were planning something with you so you wouldn't grow suspicious Wink

OOC: I don't want to get into PMs in this thread, but I can forward you one that almost directly contradicts that Tongue

Please do... I know what I was thinking all along, I want to see what this PM says
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 10:20:52 PM »

OOC: Hopefully we get POVs this turn; I rather enjoy those Smiley  The Arya one in particular was excellent!

We will have POV's, but I'm having a distinct problem with them... I recieved so many orders to kill people that I'm trying to fit all of those deaths in the narrative, so this might take some time. I mean, if the dice and the context went through a worst case scenario, we would lose four players, xD

Cry RIP Westeros.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 10:43:30 PM »

OOC: Hopefully we get POVs this turn; I rather enjoy those Smiley  The Arya one in particular was excellent!

We will have POV's, but I'm having a distinct problem with them... I recieved so many orders to kill people that I'm trying to fit all of those deaths in the narrative, so this might take some time. I mean, if the dice and the context went through a worst case scenario, we would lose four players, xD

Cry RIP Westeros.

I would suggest the tactic of 'living on an island and sinking your enemy's navy'. I've found it rather helpful in avoiding death so far.

We shall see if that works, after all you could be one of the 4 and so could I Sad
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 10:53:34 PM »

One imagines the Targaryens would be disinclined to grant the Lannisters any particular charity, for obvious reasons.

Either way, you seem likely to live - Tywin wants you alive. Tongue

That's news to me. Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2014, 01:07:59 PM »

OOC: Hopefully we get POVs this turn; I rather enjoy those Smiley  The Arya one in particular was excellent!

OOC: I don't know if this helps, but one possibility might be to give POVs to characters who don't get them in the books.

I would agree with this. GRRM added POV champters for people as he saw fit in order to display scenes (Areo Hotah, Melisandre, the Greyjoy brothers, etc.)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 03:51:27 PM »

I'm sorry, it's really become clear that I just don't have time to commit to this. Is there anyone else who'd be interested in taking over as Stannis? Sad

Maybe your character will die, and this problem will solve itself Wink
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 05:18:06 PM »

You will have the POV update shortly, this turn we have Brienne of Tarth in King's Landing, Catelyn Stark in Riverrun and Daenerys Targaryen in Storm's End. If I can't fit a certain detail in those three, we may have something regarding the Reach, but I make no promises.

Jesus Christ by the Old Gods and the New, no!!!! Shocked

Who is this Jesus you speak of? We have only the old gods and the new in Westeros. Wink
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 05:37:58 PM »

...that was the point of the joke. Hence the strikethrough tags. -_-

I'm so embarrassed, I didn't even see the strike Tongue
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2014, 10:05:03 PM »

Wow. That last chapter.

Great job Lumine! Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2014, 10:32:46 PM »

Isn't Shireen the technical heir to Stannis?

Also, is Melisandre truly dead? Cry
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies