2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:05:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 640 641 642 [643] 644 645 646 647 648 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 625110 times)
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16050 on: November 07, 2020, 05:35:27 PM »

https://madison.com/news/state_and_regional/govt-and-politics/sen-ron-johnson-says-half-of-country-wont-accept-a-joe-biden-win/article_edf6fcee-206d-11eb-a922-672cc19ced3a.html

Lots of coping
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #16051 on: November 07, 2020, 05:37:39 PM »

Susan Collins would, unironically, be a fairly good and qualified Transportation secretary in a Biden administration.

Clever trick if it works. Could the same be done in Pennsylvania with Toomey? Might be worth putting a few Republicans in the Cabinet if it gets a sneaky Senate majority.

There's no way any Republican Senator would agree to this unless their state has a Republican governor or if the Democratic governor is bound by law to appoint another Republican. This idea stands zero chance of working.

You never know. The right kind of senator might take the deal. The right kind of power-hungry. If Brian Kemp was a Senator he'd take the Cabinet position in a second.

Burr is retiring in 2022, he may be willing to leave early for a Cabinet position (or Ambassador to Italy or whatever he fancies).

Aside from his being a walking-&-talking ethics controversy, Cooper would be forced to appoint a Republican, so that would pretty much render such a plan moot.

Too bad, I was thinking of him because he seems to have no principles.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #16052 on: November 07, 2020, 05:39:01 PM »

I'm praying for Trump. I realize that he lost the race and has to have the moral and mental strength to do what is right for our country. I want a fair and accurate count of the votes but once that is done I'd hope Trump accept what is right.

And if he doesn’t concede and commit to a peaceful transfer of power you’ll side against him?

Yes.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #16053 on: November 07, 2020, 05:41:57 PM »

Does anyone have the nationwide county map yet?
SLA8
Rookie

« Reply #16054 on: November 07, 2020, 05:42:50 PM »

this is truly pathetic. I have seen some Trump supporters or Republicans chastise him (and obviously some are doubling down), but I hope those that are starting to see Trump in a new light realize this is how he has always presented himself/been.
ucscgaldamez1
Rookie
« Reply #16055 on: November 07, 2020, 05:45:10 PM »

I'm praying for Trump. I realize that he lost the race and has to have the moral and mental strength to do what is right for our country. I want a fair and accurate count of the votes but once that is done I'd hope Trump accept what is right.

Thank you for that message.
TopShelfGoal

« Reply #16056 on: November 07, 2020, 05:45:17 PM »

The fact that you have to "pray" and "hope" for Trump to do that tells you everything you need to know about your candidate. No one would be "praying" or "hoping" for Obama, Bush or Clinton to accept defeat and peacefully transfer power, no one would even consider they'd even think about breaching that great American norm.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #16057 on: November 07, 2020, 05:45:46 PM »

Does anyone have the nationwide county map yet?

There are 8-10 million votes left to count.

Only in mid-December would a map like this make sense.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16058 on: November 07, 2020, 05:48:40 PM »

So do we know when the remaining states will be called?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #16059 on: November 07, 2020, 05:49:31 PM »

Go easy on Jessica guys. The way we bring new people to our side is to encourage the baby steps rather than be like WELL WHY AREN'T THEY GIANT STEPS HUH?!
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #16060 on: November 07, 2020, 05:55:01 PM »

Susan Collins would, unironically, be a fairly good and qualified Transportation secretary in a Biden administration.

Clever trick if it works. Could the same be done in Pennsylvania with Toomey? Might be worth putting a few Republicans in the Cabinet if it gets a sneaky Senate majority.

There's no way any Republican Senator would agree to this unless their state has a Republican governor or if the Democratic governor is bound by law to appoint another Republican. This idea stands zero chance of working.

You never know. The right kind of senator might take the deal. The right kind of power-hungry. If Brian Kemp was a Senator he'd take the Cabinet position in a second.

Burr is retiring in 2022, he may be willing to leave early for a Cabinet position (or Ambassador to Italy or whatever he fancies).

Aside from his being a walking-&-talking ethics controversy, Cooper would be forced to appoint a Republican, so that would pretty much render such a plan moot.
Damn, but still, how does the ‘has to appoint a Republican’ work? Do they get a list from the state GOP or is it any registered Republican?
Because if it’s the later Cooper could have some fun with it.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #16061 on: November 07, 2020, 05:56:55 PM »

I ask this in sincerity: What about the last four years makes you think that this man cares about what is right for the country?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16062 on: November 07, 2020, 05:57:17 PM »

Damn, but still, how does the ‘has to appoint a Republican’ work? Do they get a list from the state GOP or is it any registered Republican?
Because if it’s the later Cooper could have some fun with it.

State GOP gives Cooper 3 people to choose from.  Same system as Hawaii.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #16063 on: November 07, 2020, 05:58:23 PM »

I'm so happy.

Words cannot express how I feel.

I've personally won a significant (non-political) award on the national level, and not even that felt this good. Not even close.

I feel like we won a war. Like we saved America.

For the first time in four years. I feel like things will be ok.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #16064 on: November 07, 2020, 06:02:38 PM »

When are republicans gonna congratulate? do it you sore losers
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16065 on: November 07, 2020, 06:02:41 PM »

Time for some angry orchard with fireball cinnamon whiskey shots in it! Gotta triple celebrate the election, Wisconsin flipping back, and Georgia going blue.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16066 on: November 07, 2020, 06:03:05 PM »

MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16067 on: November 07, 2020, 06:03:42 PM »

Is it possible that Arizona ends up closer than Georgia at this point? When and where will the next big batch of ballots be released?

Georgia isn’t happening get over it

/s

Well we already have PA, WI, MI and NV which you also said would “never happen”. Just admit you sh**t yourself and man up.

Okay relax. I was poking fun at myself. Lighten up a little.

I was in no mood to feel optimistic with so much on the line.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #16068 on: November 07, 2020, 06:06:01 PM »

This is where the fun begins:

Donald Trump is such a small man. He could left the office in dignity. But he's just too small for it.

Everything that Mary Trump said and wrote about him and his family is probably true. He's psychologically incapable of admitting any flaws, weaknesses, failures, or defeats. Because back in the days his father would have punished him for being a "loser".
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16069 on: November 07, 2020, 06:06:37 PM »

Apparently there is a reporting error in Fulton County, GA, and it specifically involves the ballots they scanned yesterday.  How many new votes did Fulton report on Friday?  I think they were almost done?
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #16070 on: November 07, 2020, 06:07:39 PM »

how many more votes are left to be counted btw?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16071 on: November 07, 2020, 06:07:45 PM »

Lol this is better than sex
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16072 on: November 07, 2020, 06:10:26 PM »

SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #16073 on: November 07, 2020, 06:11:09 PM »

Trump will still win imo.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16074 on: November 07, 2020, 06:11:50 PM »

I wonder if his approval rating plummets now that Republicans realise he isn't a winner and take a less rose-tinted look at his record and flaws.
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 640 641 642 [643] 644 645 646 647 648 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies