2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 03:09:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 637 638 639 [640] 641 642 643 644 645 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 637980 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15975 on: November 07, 2020, 03:29:22 PM »
« edited: November 07, 2020, 03:44:24 PM by Alben Barkley »

Too much celebrating considering Trump is still president and the election is only legally binding if those currently in power allow it to be--and they likely won't

LOL give it up. EVERYONE is abandoning Trump. SCOTUS has already made it clear that they’re not gonna steal it for him.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15976 on: November 07, 2020, 03:30:12 PM »

Too much celebrating considering Trump is still president and the election is only legally binding if those currently in power allow it to be--and they likely won't

Citation needed.
TRKL1917
Rookie
« Reply #15977 on: November 07, 2020, 03:31:34 PM »

This, their are still many pathways for Trump to remain in power (Recounts and lawsuits prevent certification of results, which will either throw the election to the 27 Republican House delegations or lead to Republican state legislatures in Biden states selecting Trump electors), meaning that Democrats are celebrating way to early, IMO.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #15978 on: November 07, 2020, 03:34:48 PM »

Is Arizona actually looking like a tossup now or not? I can't find any information on it other than that Biden shares on PredictIt are dropping slightly, though he's still at 80 for now, and Cohn saying that Biden is favored but Trump is "competitive" in the state.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15979 on: November 07, 2020, 03:36:14 PM »

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

This is why Trump will win in November.

What if I told you... that 2016 was Trump's floor?

Wow, Trump is destroying Biden!!! Go Trump!

Looks like Trump is making a big rebound. Very scared.

Watch Atlas be super disappointed when at best, it is the 278 map and NE-02.
The landslide is not happening.
413 is a pipe dream.
Florida won’t flip because of Miami-Dade, North Carolina was always a wash, Georgia Republicans will ensure there is no coveted GA flip, IA/OH/TX were never on the table to begin with, and AZ will be close but will narrowly go to Trump.

If literally any one of these red states (except AZ because I’m not sure on that one) or some other fool’s gold state like MT/AK goes to Biden and he wins the election, I will change my avatar to “Idiotic Doomer” for the next four years.

There is probably a much higher chance Trump wins one of the three MI/WI/PA than Biden winning TX, by the way.
Quote me on this if I am wrong in a month, I dare you.

The race is tightening. As of right now, I think Trump narrowly wins PA.

As I said a long time ago. Georgia is not going blue in any statewide race period.

It’s a 52/48 state but it holds hard and fast to that. It’s not going blue. Period.

This is looking more and more like 2016.

I’m calling it right now.
The early voting data is just so terrible for the Democrats, I don’t see a path for Biden at this point.
The fact he is getting crushed in Florida on this weekend day shows that deplorables are indeed a silent majority.
I take no joy in this projection, and I sincerely hope our country gets what it deserves (I now am actively cheering for Xi Jinping on the global stage, they are better than we are) But it appears the American people really are as moronic and useless as I warned you all about.

I project Donald Trump will win the 2020 presidential election and will continue to be the 45th president of the United States.

Tag me if I’m wrong, because I won’t be.
There is no path for Biden, nor for America.

National polls are getting ever closer.

Practically all swing states have Trump gaining ground, and are now within margin of error.

Trump is going to win this thing. My confidence is growing ever stronger.

Trump's approval rating is surging!!!!

This is 2016 all over again!!!!

The new Marist state polls have made me the most sure I ever was that Trump is going to win.

I'm already crying. Have been since the Selzer poll.

It's over for Joe. Look at this last minute Trump surge in approval.

Everybody is ignoring this but Trump is surging.

IT’S BEAUTIFUL!!!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15980 on: November 07, 2020, 03:37:50 PM »

Is Arizona actually looking like a tossup now or not? I can't find any information on it other than that Biden shares on PredictIt are dropping slightly, though he's still at 80 for now, and Cohn saying that Biden is favored but Trump is "competitive" in the state.

It's not a tossup, but there is a path for Trump to take it.  He would need an unlikely but not ridiculous share of the remaining vote to overtake Biden.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #15981 on: November 07, 2020, 03:39:15 PM »

It's not a tossup, but there is a path for Trump to take it.  He would need an unlikely but not ridiculous share of the remaining vote to overtake Biden.

I see. Are the votes mostly provisional ballots, then? I would think those wouldn't be favorable to one candidate in particular.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #15982 on: November 07, 2020, 03:39:41 PM »

What is the amount of outstanding vote in Arizona (Maricopa and elsewhere)?
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #15983 on: November 07, 2020, 03:41:55 PM »

XD
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #15984 on: November 07, 2020, 03:44:50 PM »

Susan Collins would, unironically, be a fairly good and qualified Transportation secretary in a Biden administration.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15985 on: November 07, 2020, 03:45:50 PM »

What is the amount of outstanding vote in Arizona (Maricopa and elsewhere)?

I'm not up on the very latest (been watching football now that the election has been called) but I believe there are some tens of thousands of votes left, a mix of Maricopa, Pima, and smaller counties, and mostly provisionals but with some early votes left.  It's hard to see Trump getting the ~60% he needs from them, but not impossible.  But don't take that as gospel.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15986 on: November 07, 2020, 03:47:32 PM »

My signature image is Belshazzar's Feast for a reason. Trump needs a unified GOP to have a shot at successful post facto election theft, and too many Republican grandees see the writing on the wall for that. Fox News is referring to Biden as President-elect, and all but the absolute bottom of the right-wing authoritarian barrel of foreign leaders have congratulated Biden on his victory.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #15987 on: November 07, 2020, 03:51:04 PM »

Any more Arizona news?
NeederNodder
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -7.28

« Reply #15988 on: November 07, 2020, 03:51:11 PM »

This is probably going to be the last we see of mass gatherings since I expect a President Biden to put us in a needed national lockdown.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #15989 on: November 07, 2020, 03:53:39 PM »

Susan Collins would, unironically, be a fairly good and qualified Transportation secretary in a Biden administration.

She's become such a hated figure to Democrats that Biden would never dare select her for his cabinet. The way partisan Democrats talk about her, one would guess she's about on par with Graham or McConnell himself.

I can't stand her either, but if every Republican was more like Collins the Party would be much much different.
Splash
United States

« Reply #15990 on: November 07, 2020, 03:54:54 PM »

This, their are still many pathways for Trump to remain in power (Recounts and lawsuits prevent certification of results, which will either throw the election to the 27 Republican House delegations or lead to Republican state legislatures in Biden states selecting Trump electors), meaning that Democrats are celebrating way to early, IMO.

Have you not been paying attention? The Republicans are 0-8 in election-related lawsuits filed since 11/3. The GOP legislatures in Pennsylvania and Michigan have emphatically stated that they have no role in appointing the electors and aren't going to intervene on Trump's behalf. Further, all of Trump's lawsuits have only concerned a small amount of ballots that wouldn't change the outcome of the election in any of the swing states even the courts ruled in their favor. And, when pressed, the Trump campaign declined to commit paying the $3 million fee to jump-start a recount in Wisconsin.

These are all performative gestures by a campaign that knows that no basis exists to overturn the results. It's all a show and it has an audience of one: Donald Trump.

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15991 on: November 07, 2020, 03:55:11 PM »

Not happening. Biden is 46.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #15992 on: November 07, 2020, 03:55:54 PM »

Just saw that Real Clear Politics hasn't call the election for Biden yet...
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #15993 on: November 07, 2020, 03:56:07 PM »

She's become such a hated figure to Democrats that Biden would never dare select her for his cabinet. The way partisan Democrats talk about her, one would guess she's about on par with Graham or McConnell himself.

I can't stand her either, but if every Republican was more like Collins the Party would be much much different.

I agree with this, and am personally no fan of Collins, though I think Democrats would accept her in a relatively low-profile cabinet role in exchange for a Dem governor appointing her replacement.
Splash
United States

« Reply #15994 on: November 07, 2020, 03:57:15 PM »

Make that 0-9

American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #15995 on: November 07, 2020, 04:03:51 PM »

Pulaski

« Reply #15996 on: November 07, 2020, 04:07:33 PM »

I agree with this, and am personally no fan of Collins, though I think Democrats would accept her in a relatively low-profile cabinet role in exchange for a Dem governor appointing her replacement.

No way would McConnell allow it.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #15997 on: November 07, 2020, 04:07:51 PM »

This is probably going to be the last we see of mass gatherings since I expect a President Biden to put us in a needed national lockdown.

I sure hope not. I can get behind a national mask mandate but if they lock us down again I’m gonna be hanging from the ceiling.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #15998 on: November 07, 2020, 04:11:52 PM »

Yall really can't stop doomering and driving up your own blood pressure.

There's one thing to say "im still worried" and "yall are wrong and its likely the election will be stolen". just loud and unfounded confidence.
tjstarling
Rookie

« Reply #15999 on: November 07, 2020, 04:13:12 PM »

I sure hope not. I can get behind a national mask mandate but if they lock us down again I’m gonna be hanging from the ceiling.
I doubt it. It would be a political mistake to lock things down and generate a contentious political fight so early in his presidency. Doing so would be a shot in the foot at the start of a presidency and squander whatever political capital Biden may have to begin his administration. I suspect many democratic governors would not be very supportive either.
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 637 638 639 [640] 641 642 643 644 645 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies