PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:45:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 286794 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: February 21, 2021, 10:14:35 AM »

Primary poll

Fetterman 29
Lamb 14
Keyanetta 9

Making it a 3 person race would be excellent news for Fetterman, it would stear the conversation away from the jogger story, whom is still the fav

Users jumped on the Keyenatta bandwagon too soon

Link, or did you make this all up?

Who cares! It’s OC he knows what he’s talking about.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #526 on: February 21, 2021, 10:32:15 AM »

Primary poll

Fetterman 29
Lamb 14
Keyanetta 9

Making it a 3 person race would be excellent news for Fetterman, it would stear the conversation away from the jogger story, whom is still the fav

Users jumped on the Keyenatta bandwagon too soon

Link, or did you make this all up?

He occasionally hazards a guess as to the next poll like this. It's not so different from the activity in the poll hype thread.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #527 on: February 21, 2021, 10:13:16 PM »

Keyanetta is a good candidate, but not this year, this is all about Senate control and Rs are turning up the heat on D's, they want Congress back and we need Fetterman to campaign for D's in AZ and NC just like Joe Kennedy who lost to Market would of been an asset to Bullock, Market Green New Deal hurt Bullock chances in oil enriched MT. If this was a Prez yr, ok Keyenatta but we don't have Prez coattails

Fetterman appeals to Pittsburgh not just Philly that's why he will win the primary, it's not just a Philly primary it's a Pittsburgh and Philly statewide primary
Los Angeles Swag Boss
L.A. Da Boss
Rookie
United States

« Reply #528 on: February 22, 2021, 02:41:33 AM »

Kenyatta is great, but has little to no name ID and hasn’t been on the ballot statewide. Progressives may not trust him with a Biden endorsement, which would help him raise the necessary cash to boost name ID.

Lamb had a great deal of attention, but will be interesting to see how voters react to him across the state.

Fetterman has been on the ballot statewide twice. I would put my odds on him, because I think the worst has passed + he may be able to raise a good amount of cash if it’s a race between him and Lamb.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #529 on: February 22, 2021, 09:50:34 AM »

Kenyatta is great, but has little to no name ID and hasn’t been on the ballot statewide. Progressives may not trust him with a Biden endorsement, which would help him raise the necessary cash to boost name ID.

Lamb had a great deal of attention, but will be interesting to see how voters react to him across the state.

Fetterman has been on the ballot statewide twice. I would put my odds on him, because I think the worst has passed + he may be able to raise a good amount of cash if it’s a race between him and Lamb.

The thing is that Fetterman hasn’t actually won a statewide GE in his own right.  Even the competitive LG primary he won was only b/c there were literally like five serious candidates from Philly/the Philly suburbs and no one from the rest of PA except Fetterman.  Plus, while it’s still ridiculously early, the way he handled his first small bump in the road didn’t exactly fill me with confidence.  

Anyway, we still don’t know whether Cartwright, Susan Wild, Jim Kenny, Houlahan, Torsella, Madeline Dean, or someone else we haven’t even thought of will jump in and even Lamb hasn’t made things official yet (idk that he’ll get in absent getting an unwinnable district if the DSCC isn’t solidly in his corner and that’s hardly a sure thing).  Any of them could easily scramble the primary dynamics.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #530 on: February 22, 2021, 10:32:47 AM »

Cartwright is great imo, but he really is one of the most overrated politicians on this board. But I also feel like Lamb is way too hated on as well.

Also if progressives have a problem with Kenyatta, then they really don't know him or what he stands for. But I mean I've seen progressives complain about worse, so, I wouldn't put it past them
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #531 on: February 22, 2021, 12:16:18 PM »

Cartwright is great imo, but he really is one of the most overrated politicians on this board. But I also feel like Lamb is way too hated on as well.

Also if progressives have a problem with Kenyatta, then they really don't know him or what he stands for. But I mean I've seen progressives complain about worse, so, I wouldn't put it past them

"Problem with" =/= preferring another candidate. This reminds me of the whole Bernie/Warren thing in 2020, it's fine to think one candidate is good (or at least second-best) and still prefer another candidate. From what I've seen of Kenyatta, he seems fine; he seems pretty progressive, he would obviously be a historic senator for a litany of reasons, and I'm confident he'd be an excellent senator. However, there might still be legitimate reasons to raise eyebrows. I'm not wild about using Medicare for All as a litmus test, but it is worth noting that his website skirts around mentioning the policy by name, and obviously he endorsed Biden very early on in the primary. These are relevant issues when you're voting for a senator from PA, and I don't think it's unreasonable for progressives to stick with a more progressive track record until/unless these issues are brought up.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #532 on: February 22, 2021, 01:55:32 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2021, 02:01:25 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

It's a Prez Midterm and we don't have Prez Coattails, Fetterman, Ryan and Jackson are the best nominees. Dems might have headway in WI, Tom Nelson isn't a national figure.

If it's a Prez election we would have Biden and have coattails and we can afford a Keyenatta nomination

But, D's errored in nominating Kate McGinty over Sestak. Also, Joe Kennedy with his blue collar roots would have helped Bullock out in MT.  Market spoiled Bullock and Bollier with his Green New Deal

We should take head, Fetterman is the best bet, and he will campaign for Jackson and Kelly which since it's more winnable now that Biden approvals are 56 percent

Rs are in denial about OH, AZ and NC, they want to believe we can't net seats in a Recession like 2010 and we won a Southern state like GA, both Runoffs and just like in 2018 DeWine easily beat Cordray and Brown won, T.Ryan can win while DeWine win

But, we don't know whom is running for Gov on D side and DeWine won't win by 20
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #533 on: February 22, 2021, 05:58:15 PM »

"Problem with" =/= preferring another candidate. This reminds me of the whole Bernie/Warren thing in 2020, it's fine to think one candidate is good (or at least second-best) and still prefer another candidate. From what I've seen of Kenyatta, he seems fine; he seems pretty progressive, he would obviously be a historic senator for a litany of reasons, and I'm confident he'd be an excellent senator. However, there might still be legitimate reasons to raise eyebrows. I'm not wild about using Medicare for All as a litmus test, but it is worth noting that his website skirts around mentioning the policy by name, and obviously he endorsed Biden very early on in the primary. These are relevant issues when you're voting for a senator from PA, and I don't think it's unreasonable for progressives to stick with a more progressive track record until/unless these issues are brought up.

But that's the thing - IMO a "Biden progressive" is the exact type of person who could win Pennsylvania. Especially in a Biden midterm. SOmeone who is too progressive is not going to win PA. It sucks, but that's just the reality. To me, Kenyatta seems very much like a Raphael Warnock. Progressive, but still seen as a "moderate" progressive. And it would work for a state like PA.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #534 on: February 22, 2021, 07:12:50 PM »

Does the name Kate McGinty ring a bell to progressives, we thought Kate McGinty was electable and she lost to Toomey

We have to wait to the primary polls are out but if D's net gain seats we are gonna get DC Statehood and Mfume ran for Senate in 2006 and lost to another Market Cardin, he will he hand picked for one of the DC seats up

Fetterman is no different than Bob Casey Jr

I betcha when the polls are released due to Fetterman strong appeal to Pittsburgh not just Philly he will be leading Keyanetta.

Fetterman, Jackson and Ryan support eliminating the Fillibuster and getting DC Statehood and Mfume as Senator .

I don't want to take another chance on another Kate McGinty mistake and I supported Sestak over McGinty
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #535 on: February 23, 2021, 08:36:30 PM »

If you thought Markey vs. Kennedy was ugly, Kenyatta vs. Fetterman is just getting started (have fun with that, PA Dems):

Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #536 on: February 23, 2021, 08:45:29 PM »

If you thought Markey vs. Kennedy was ugly, Kenyatta vs. Fetterman is just getting started (have fun with that, PA Dems):

Oh boy this is gonna be gross.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #537 on: February 23, 2021, 08:46:55 PM »

https://twitter.com/malcolmkenyatta/status/1364290274852294656

And best-case scenario, all it does is result in Sen. Conor Lamb (Sinema Democrat-PA).
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #538 on: February 23, 2021, 08:47:32 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2021, 09:56:35 PM by KaiserDave »

Oh lord.

Malcolm c'mon. Firing the first shot a year ahead of the primary is dangerous! Please don't turn this into a civil war between Democrats, a civil war between progressives too!

I just want Matt to come in in save us all.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #539 on: February 23, 2021, 08:49:37 PM »

Did she not pay attention to the 2020 election at all?
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #540 on: February 23, 2021, 08:56:56 PM »

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #541 on: February 23, 2021, 09:04:48 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2021, 09:11:24 PM by KaiserDave »

Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart

I'm hopelessly pining for Matt, but it'll never happen.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #542 on: February 23, 2021, 09:33:49 PM »

Apparently the context is that it's been a year since Ahmaud Arbery's murder, but Kenyetta isn't stupid.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #543 on: February 23, 2021, 09:37:22 PM »

Apparently the context is that it's been a year since Ahmaud Arbery's murder, but Kenyetta isn't stupid.

On any other day it would clearly be an attack on Fetterman, but today it can be read two ways. Shrewd move by Kenyatta.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #544 on: February 23, 2021, 09:43:15 PM »

Glad I’m not the only person who picked up on this. It’s obvious that this is about Ahmaud Arbery but could be read as a double entendre.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #545 on: February 23, 2021, 09:49:38 PM »

https://twitter.com/malcolmkenyatta/status/1364290274852294656

And best-case scenario, all it does is result in Sen. Conor Lamb (Sinema Democrat-PA).

Lamb leaves a lot to be desired ideologically, but he’s nowhere near as bad as Sinema.  
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #546 on: February 23, 2021, 09:51:21 PM »

On any other day it would clearly be an attack on Fetterman, but today it can be read two ways. Shrewd move by Kenyatta.

Glad I’m not the only person who picked up on this. It’s obvious that this is about Ahmaud Arbery but could be read as a double entendre.

Yeah, the fact that he still led with "jog" & left the explicit Arbery reference for a separate tweet makes it not at all hard to see what he's nodding at here, which I frankly don't fault him for in any event: that's the name of the game, after all. But still, it's very obvious.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #547 on: February 23, 2021, 11:11:06 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2021, 11:33:31 PM by Zaybay »

Apparently this was missed, but both developments could prove rather crucial:

This one's more of a rumor if anything, but still

(I know that this is a sketchy source, but I'm more illustrating that the chance of her getting in is rather significant. Her own son was hyping her up as a senate candidate just a day or two ago, afterall.)

This would potentially make 3 SEPA candidates vs Fetterman.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #548 on: February 23, 2021, 11:20:50 PM »

All these D's are gonna split Philly like the LG and Fetterman is gonna win Pittsburgh like Bob Casey, Fetterman will be the Nominee, I already know🌊🌊🌊.

That jogger story didn't damage Fetterman
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -5.57

« Reply #549 on: February 23, 2021, 11:26:05 PM »

Anyone else miss the days when Olawakandi stanned Sestak?  No?  Just me?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies