PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:51:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 244
Author Topic: PA-SN 2022 megathread: Shrek vs. The Wizard of Oz  (Read 283112 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: February 24, 2021, 03:10:45 PM »

The problem for Keyanetta, unlike in MA, there are multiple candidates running to split the Philly vote
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #576 on: February 24, 2021, 03:16:09 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2021, 03:21:36 PM by Shameless Lefty Hack »

- Gym is a Dem, she is dependent on the PFT/SEIUWFP nexus that endorsed Kenyatta though so I don't think she will run. TBH the Kenyatta announcement smelled like they really tried to get Gym to run (she is a phenomenal talent) and she turned them down b/c she's smart and knows she can be the next Mayor.

-Syzmanski is not a "reliable source" in that he's a Harrisburg area Republican, but he seems to be enough of a rumormonger that his info is worth incorporating.

-Kenyatta saying, "he's not a racist, BUT" is not not calling him a racist lmao.

-The most powerful player in shaping this primary race is atm not running. All eyes turn to Lamb.

-I will be voting for Fetterman barring catastrophe, but I'm not thrilled with anyone.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #577 on: February 24, 2021, 03:42:45 PM »

Kenynetta getting in is to make the primary more interesting, he doesn't have much of a chance.

But, as I said before if this was a Prez race where we had Biden as coattails he would be more inclined to win, WC would see that we have Prez coattails and vote for the Liberal nominee.

It being a midterm, Fetterman will win
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #578 on: February 24, 2021, 03:44:19 PM »

I see Kenyatta is going with the "Fetterman is racist" strategy
He was talking about Ahmaud Arbery. Y'all are so pressed to find a reason to disqualify Kenyatta. LOL. All the excuses in the world for Fetterman but won't give Kenyatta the benefit of the doubt.

We aren't stupid, and neither is Rep. Kenyatta. It's pretty clear what he was also trying to imply, especially when he left the context of Arbery's murder into a second tweet.

Which, as the record shows, I have no problem with. That's politics and campaigning.
Ok.

I shouldn’t have said y’all but other than that we will have to respectfully disagree.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #579 on: February 24, 2021, 07:25:07 PM »

Gonna go out on a limb and say a lot of the Cartwright support comes from people who haven't heard the man speak. Great rep, but not exactly bursting with charisma. Fetterman and Kenyatta, particularly Fetterman, would be better options.

Surely - not Kenyatta. Black, gay, from Philadelphia..... Almost any Republican candidate will crush him, and you may get some much worse Senator, then Toomey,

Yeah I’ll say it too, I personally do not object to it ofc, but I objectively think a black gay man with dreadlocks and an african name from Philly wouldnt do too well.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #580 on: February 24, 2021, 07:27:47 PM »

I know, I know, the comparisons are played out. But Georgia just elected a black pastor and a Jewish millennial and we're still doing the whole "Kenyatta is unelectable because he's gay and black" spiel. Give me a break.
One moment: Georgia isn't Pennsylvania
Wow really, I'd never considered that before.

Look, does anyone here have an actual reason why Fetterman is supposedly so much more electable than Kenyatta other than the fact he happens to fit our stereotype of what a white working class voter happens to look like? I can understand this argument with someone like Cartwright, who has actually had electoral overperformance in federal races before, but Fetterman's only won races in a heavily Democratic city and a crowded primary for lieutenant governor where he was the only Western Pennsylvania candidate running.

If you view swing voters in Pennsylvania as all racists and homophobes who won't vote for Kenyatta because he's a scary gay black man, then just be up front and say that.Both Kenyatta and Fetterman seem absolutely fine on policy and I'd be happy to run with either, but y'all need to actually base your arguments against Kenyatta on something more tangible than an imaginary aura of electability that Fetterman has.

unfortunately that is my belief
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #581 on: February 24, 2021, 07:29:15 PM »

If someone's not going to vote for Kenyatta in the general election because he's gay, they're not going to vote for any Democrat.
The Houstonian
alexk2796
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.87

« Reply #582 on: February 24, 2021, 07:32:51 PM »

If someone's not going to vote for Kenyatta in the general election because he's gay, they're not going to vote for any Democrat.

Not true. There are still plenty of homophobes who would vote for Democrats.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #583 on: February 24, 2021, 07:34:24 PM »

I would love Dean to run (she's my currrent congresswoman) but I still find it unlikely to happen

Dean is a clown. she did worse than hillary in 2020 lmao
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #584 on: February 24, 2021, 07:34:38 PM »

I know, I know, the comparisons are played out. But Georgia just elected a black pastor and a Jewish millennial and we're still doing the whole "Kenyatta is unelectable because he's gay and black" spiel. Give me a break.

Look, does anyone here have an actual reason why Fetterman is supposedly so much more electable than Kenyatta other than the fact he happens to fit our stereotype of what a white working class voter happens to look like? I can understand this argument with someone like Cartwright, who has actually had electoral overperformance in federal races before, but Fetterman's only won races in a heavily Democratic city and a crowded primary for lieutenant governor where he was the only Western Pennsylvania candidate running.

If you view swing voters in Pennsylvania as all racists and homophobes who won't vote for Kenyatta because he's a scary gay black man, then just be up front and say that.Both Kenyatta and Fetterman seem absolutely fine on policy and I'd be happy to run with either, but y'all need to actually base your arguments against Kenyatta on something more tangible than an imaginary aura of electability that Fetterman has.
Given your post history I think part of that is projection but, hey at least you're honest I guess.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #585 on: February 24, 2021, 07:39:36 PM »

Given your post history I think part of that is projection but, hey at least you're honest I guess.

I’d vote for Kenyatta in a GE but k whatever you say
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #586 on: February 25, 2021, 06:47:13 PM »

Gonna go out on a limb and say a lot of the Cartwright support comes from people who haven't heard the man speak. Great rep, but not exactly bursting with charisma. Fetterman and Kenyatta, particularly Fetterman, would be better options.

Surely - not Kenyatta. Black, gay, from Philadelphia..... Almost any Republican candidate will crush him, and you may get some much worse Senator, then Toomey,

Yeah I’ll say it too, I personally do not object to it ofc, but I objectively think a black gay man with dreadlocks and an african name from Philly wouldnt do too well.
It's not like a little-known black man with a Kenyan father and an African name from Chicago won PA by double digits or anything.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #587 on: February 25, 2021, 07:11:54 PM »

It's not like a little-known black man with a Kenyan father and an African name from Chicago won PA by double digits or anything.

Kenyatta is the new Obama lol, ok got it haha.

I really don't have to point out the differences do I? Look, as I said, I believe this of the swing voters in PA: swing voters in Pennsylvania as all racists and homophobes who won't vote for Kenyatta because he's a scary gay black man.  

Not personally my view ofc, but just objectively, Kenyatta is only 30, has dreadlock cornrow type ethnic hair, is gay, has a voice that sounds a bit ethnic, etc.

Look, I personally don't judge him for any of that, I view him as equal to anyone else. But unfortunately I don't think everyone is like me, and I think there are enough ignorant and bad people out there to cost him for those things.

There is a clear difference between Warnock/Obama style candidates, and Kenyatta, and if you can't see that, I can't help you.

The situation really is not even much around him being black, I chose Warnock way long ago even when Lieberman and stuff looked like they had a chance, because I thought Warnock was better. If you can find a Warnock style candidate who is like a moderate image preacher from Philly, I'd be all in too.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #588 on: February 25, 2021, 07:15:08 PM »

My god, why do we have to make this about race and identity? Just wait to see what kind of campaign they run and see which you think will be more successful statewide / which one aligns more with your political values.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #589 on: February 25, 2021, 08:00:41 PM »

Fetterman is favored due to fact, there are multiple candidates on the ballot like the LG race and they will split Philly while Fetterman win Pittsburgh

Fetterman is the same as Bob Casey..They were gonna find something on Fetterman, too bad, the Rs can't use it, due to Police reform and choke holds
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #590 on: February 25, 2021, 11:04:40 PM »

Why haven't any serious Republicans actually announced yet?
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #591 on: February 26, 2021, 12:04:55 AM »

Mark my words-- Fetterman is NOT a good candidate. We should run Cartwright
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #592 on: February 26, 2021, 12:34:44 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2021, 12:46:36 AM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

Mark my words-- Fetterman is NOT a good candidate. We should run Cartwright

Yeah, since Fetterman announced there hasn't been 1 credible R challenger, he is going to be the next Senator from PA

We ran Kate McGinty in 2016 instead of Sestak and lost big time
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #593 on: February 26, 2021, 12:41:45 AM »

Why haven't any serious Republicans actually announced yet?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm sure we'll get at least one or two announcements by the end of March, it's still pretty early.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #594 on: February 26, 2021, 04:57:26 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2021, 05:52:39 AM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

I don't know why Ds don't like Fetterman, we have a blue collar D in Casey. Just like D's didn't like Joe Kennedy and Market hurt Bullock in Mnt in his Green New Deal and no one wanted Market to campaign for them. He isn't a QAnonon supporter like extremists in R party are

Jackson and Kelly would be glad to have Fetterman campaign for them instead of Keyenatta
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #595 on: February 26, 2021, 06:19:06 AM »

I would love Dean to run (she's my currrent congresswoman) but I still find it unlikely to happen

Not sure how that's a hit on her when Hillary's performance was still great in the district?
The Houstonian
alexk2796
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.87

« Reply #596 on: February 26, 2021, 04:21:58 PM »

I don't know why Ds don't like Fetterman, we have a blue collar D in Casey. Just like D's didn't like Joe Kennedy and Market hurt Bullock in Mnt in his Green New Deal and no one wanted Market to campaign for them. He isn't a QAnonon supporter like extremists in R party are

Jackson and Kelly would be glad to have Fetterman campaign for them instead of Keyenatta

I don't understand your post. Are you suggesting that Kennedy is a blue-collar Dem?
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -5.57

« Reply #597 on: February 26, 2021, 05:26:58 PM »

I don’t know why you’re obsessed with this idea that Fetterman is going to go campaign for Mark Kelly in AZ?  He’ll have a hard enough time flipping PA, let alone travel across the country to campaign for some random astronaut whose only connection to Fetterman, as far as I know, is that they’re both Dems.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #598 on: February 26, 2021, 05:43:27 PM »

Not sure how that's a hit on her when Hillary's performance was still great in the district?

This is sad and low energy, try better plz. This is one of the few areas of PA where dems are really improving in, and she needs to be able to follow the trend. She undershot Biden by like 5pts too, wholly unimpressive.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #599 on: February 26, 2021, 06:15:45 PM »

I don’t know why you’re obsessed with this idea that Fetterman is going to go campaign for Mark Kelly in AZ?  He’ll have a hard enough time flipping PA, let alone travel across the country to campaign for some random astronaut whose only connection to Fetterman, as far as I know, is that they’re both Dems.

Fetterman, Jackson and Kelly are on facebook knocking the socks off fundraising and on Twitter.

Just like Joe Kennedy and Bullock were, you rarely saw Markey on Facebook until it was campaign season and he disappeared just like you don't see Daines anymore after he beat Bullock

.That's why I am optimistic about a 🌊🌊🌊
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 244  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies