Arizona megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:06:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arizona megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52
Author Topic: Arizona megathread  (Read 71651 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: December 31, 2022, 04:25:17 PM »

Archer is so annoying. He knew that there was not enough "discrepancy" votes to change the outcome and yet he tried to bait everyone just for Twitter engagement.

He said that there was a large discrepancy that would bring the election closer, which in my opinion never implied that the election result was going to change. I thought it was totally fair, not like a Ralston thing where he gives no information.

Eh, I still feel like it was just ambiguous enough to make sure there was tons of engagement on his post.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1176 on: December 31, 2022, 04:38:48 PM »

Archer is so annoying. He knew that there was not enough "discrepancy" votes to change the outcome and yet he tried to bait everyone just for Twitter engagement.

He said that there was a large discrepancy that would bring the election closer, which in my opinion never implied that the election result was going to change. I thought it was totally fair, not like a Ralston thing where he gives no information.

Eh, I still feel like it was just ambiguous enough to make sure there was tons of engagement on his post.

The only information he left out was the exact number of votes that it would change, which he probably didn't know.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1177 on: December 31, 2022, 06:58:44 PM »

Sweet, sweet galaxy brained take from quacky alt-right social media,

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The only way I'm ever voting again for anything is if this woman finds a way to win all of this. I love her more than I love Trump because to me, she does all the stuff that I view Trump as doing wrong. I love Trump, but he makes too many errors and wages stupid wars with people he shouldn't be doing that against. Kari, on the other hand, is a silver ing bullet in my mind and to see her "lose" is just too much for me to handle and says too much about our elections. If she loses, I'm done. Given the unlikelihood of her pulling this off, well, I think I'm done with elections entirely.  it all. Let the country burn for all I care.

This is one of the more mild ones. Plenty others, highly upvoted, openly call for violence... Obviously it's not really good for our democracy but I can't really find it within me to care if Trumpkins "lose faith" over their wackjob candidates losing fair and square both at the ballot box and the courtroom over and over. It's good if the would-be brownshirts lose faith and stop voting (although desperate lone wolves now become an ever-present threat... Even if 99/100 are all bark).
the artist formerly known as catmusic
schnittdoodle
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.16, S: -7.91

P
« Reply #1178 on: January 01, 2023, 01:36:04 AM »

Sweet, sweet galaxy brained take from quacky alt-right social media,

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The only way I'm ever voting again for anything is if this woman finds a way to win all of this. I love her more than I love Trump because to me, she does all the stuff that I view Trump as doing wrong. I love Trump, but he makes too many errors and wages stupid wars with people he shouldn't be doing that against. Kari, on the other hand, is a silver ing bullet in my mind and to see her "lose" is just too much for me to handle and says too much about our elections. If she loses, I'm done. Given the unlikelihood of her pulling this off, well, I think I'm done with elections entirely.  it all. Let the country burn for all I care.

This is one of the more mild ones. Plenty others, highly upvoted, openly call for violence... Obviously it's not really good for our democracy but I can't really find it within me to care if Trumpkins "lose faith" over their wackjob candidates losing fair and square both at the ballot box and the courtroom over and over. It's good if the would-be brownshirts lose faith and stop voting (although desperate lone wolves now become an ever-present threat... Even if 99/100 are all bark).

Watching the right "lose hope" in the US when they've had, and still have, a chokehold on its functioning, is deeply amusing to me. Kari Lake is obviously perfect in every single way, everyone absolutely adores her, and if she lost it can ONLY mean fraud!

We can only hope they're too busy in their basements to pull anything super dangerous. But that's unfortunately never the case.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1179 on: January 02, 2023, 01:25:02 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1180 on: January 02, 2023, 03:48:13 PM »

Slay Queen Purple heart
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1181 on: January 03, 2023, 03:09:34 AM »

That's the first official gubernatorial transfer of power this year. IIRC Mills, DeSantis, Sununu, and Noem also have inaugurations today.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1182 on: January 03, 2023, 08:19:35 AM »

It's good to see that some grace and civility still exists in our politics.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1183 on: January 03, 2023, 11:13:16 AM »

And that's why he will never win a Republican primary.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1184 on: January 03, 2023, 12:01:49 PM »

Why was she sworn in by a federal judge instead of an Arizona one?
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1185 on: January 03, 2023, 12:34:44 PM »

That's the first official gubernatorial transfer of power this year. IIRC Mills, DeSantis, Sununu, and Noem also have inaugurations today.

Lombardo was sworn in on the same day as Hobbs.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1186 on: January 03, 2023, 06:57:29 PM »

Lombardo was sworn in on the same day as Hobbs.

And, of course, Josh Green has been running the show in Hawaii since the end of last year.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1187 on: January 03, 2023, 07:04:02 PM »

Indeed. But that printing! I thought my hand-writing was bad!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1188 on: January 04, 2023, 03:21:33 AM »

What a bunch of effing losers.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1189 on: January 04, 2023, 10:58:49 AM »

While that Tweet is nearly 2 months old, the dude continues to rant about voter fraud in most recent ones. These people are completely lost.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #1190 on: January 04, 2023, 05:31:17 PM »

You are the mess you seek to fix
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1191 on: January 05, 2023, 09:17:18 AM »

Interesting interview with Hobbs-

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/katie-hobbs-why-kari-lake-lost-1234647708/

Two things of note here-

She said basically their internal campaign model always showed it very competitive and showed Lake was not running a solid campaign in terms of the tangibles, like money, ground game, ads, etc. Which we had talked about before and I think I brought up - how Lake actually didn't have a ton of money outside of the RGA and she herself wasn't a fan of running TV ads. Looks like trying to rely on earned media rather than paid was a very bad decision.

She also said essentially that not doing the debate was a strategic decision, and seemed to be more of one of her team's than her own. She describes how in the end she did agree it was the right decision but there were plenty of heated conversations behind the scenes about it, and she had to go through the ringer a bit when angry donors would call about it
xavier110
United States
« Reply #1192 on: January 05, 2023, 10:48:00 AM »

Interesting interview with Hobbs-

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/katie-hobbs-why-kari-lake-lost-1234647708/

Two things of note here-

She said basically their internal campaign model always showed it very competitive and showed Lake was not running a solid campaign in terms of the tangibles, like money, ground game, ads, etc. Which we had talked about before and I think I brought up - how Lake actually didn't have a ton of money outside of the RGA and she herself wasn't a fan of running TV ads. Looks like trying to rely on earned media rather than paid was a very bad decision.

She also said essentially that not doing the debate was a strategic decision, and seemed to be more of one of her team's than her own. She describes how in the end she did agree it was the right decision but there were plenty of heated conversations behind the scenes about it, and she had to go through the ringer a bit when angry donors would call about it

My favorite was the somehow simultaneously nice and shady answer about Sinema at the end.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1193 on: January 18, 2023, 12:02:40 PM »

Srs question, but how badly did Ds drop the ball against far-right election denier Justine Wadsack? Both Kelly and Hobbs carried the district and Wadsack seems completely derailed - the type that just doesn’t care about optics.

I think what happened is Ds sorta assumed that because LD-17 was like Trump + 4 in 2020, I’d be unsinkable in 2022, but in hindsight seems like a huge missed opportunity.

Wadsack will be extremely vulnerable in 2024.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1194 on: January 20, 2023, 02:27:19 PM »

LOL.

Peter: Haha, this is going to be as dumb as that time that Kari Lake claimed that a Red Wave happened in AZ but Crooked Dems and RINOs rigged the elections and that supposedly everyone knows that Arizonans didn't vote for supposedly cartel-controlled goons like Hobbs, Fontes & Mayes.

Cutaway to a group of Arizonans sitting on a porch drinking lemonade

Arizonan 1: Did you hear about that Red Wave that Kari Lake was talking about?

Arizonan 2: Yea, I heard it was supposed to be a thing.

Arizonan 3: I ain't seen no Red Wave, just a bunch of politicians talking out their behinds.

Arizonan 4: And ain't nobody in Arizona voting for no cartel-controlled goons like Hobbs, Fontes, and Mayes.

Arizonan 5: (Taking a sip of lemonade) Unless they're running on a platform of free lemonade for all, then they got my vote.

Arizonan 1: (laughing) Yea, free lemonade might just be the only Red Wave we're interested in.

(End Cutaway)
Duke of York

« Reply #1195 on: January 20, 2023, 04:41:15 PM »

LOL.

Peter: Haha, this is going to be as dumb as that time that Kari Lake claimed that a Red Wave happened in AZ but Crooked Dems and RINOs rigged the elections and that supposedly everyone knows that Arizonans didn't vote for supposedly cartel-controlled goons like Hobbs, Fontes & Mayes.

Arizonan 3: I ain't seen no Red Wave, just a bunch of politicians talking out their behinds.

Arizonan 4: And ain't nobody in Arizona voting for no cartel-controlled goons like Hobbs, Fontes, and Mayes.

Arizonan 5: (Taking a sip of lemonade) Unless they're running on a platform of free lemonade for all, then they got my vote.

Arizonan 1: (laughing) Yea, free lemonade might just be the only Red Wave we're interested in.

(End Cutaway)

This woman like the person she tweeted are beyond delusional. I love how you have to pay to see the actual results. That is how I know its a bunch of nonsense.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1196 on: January 20, 2023, 10:42:55 PM »

LOL.

(End Cutaway)

This woman like the person she tweeted are beyond delusional. I love how you have to pay to see the actual results. That is how I know its a bunch of nonsense.

I was looking through Lake's twitter feed and she retweeted the same guy a few more times:

using the scientific method? lol

So California was rigged against Trump too? lmao

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #1197 on: January 21, 2023, 01:30:46 AM »

That Greg Rubini thing really takes me back. I remember dunking on his red California prediction before election day 2020. Simpler times. Now I feel kind of guilty, his posting seems borderline schizophrenic and he apparently spent $60k "reverse engineering" these results. It's sad that so many of these people are being victimized by these con artists.
Duke of York

« Reply #1198 on: January 21, 2023, 07:26:26 AM »

That Greg Rubini thing really takes me back. I remember dunking on his red California prediction before election day 2020. Simpler times. Now I feel kind of guilty, his posting seems borderline schizophrenic and he apparently spent $60k "reverse engineering" these results. It's sad that so many of these people are being victimized by these con artists.

Agreed. I knew it was bogus when he claimed Trump won California and that only certain counties in Illinois were rigged.

What really told me was when I saw he was charging to see the results.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1199 on: January 21, 2023, 05:31:46 PM »

It's fine. He published six reports which total $111 that some gullible MAGAts will buy.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies