Ohio Citizens Redistricting Commission Amendment (2024)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:55:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Ohio Citizens Redistricting Commission Amendment (2024)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ohio Citizens Redistricting Commission Amendment (2024)  (Read 322 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 08, 2024, 09:03:40 PM »

Haven't seen this talked about in quite a while and can't find an existing dedicated thread for this, but figured it'd be worth talking about.

If it gets on the ballot and passes, Ohio would finally have a true Independent Redistricting Commission, and the current maps would be redrawn for 2026.

I think the reason this has gotten less discussion recently is because in 2022, Dems won OH-01, OH-09, and OH-13 with relative ease; all seats which the GOP intentionally drew to be potential R-flips. A nonpartisan commission might not actually change much in Ohio's topline delegation.

Because of how red Ohio has become, legislative redistricting may not matter that much topline, but could still make the difference between Rs holding a simple or supermajority; Rs have held legislative supermajorities in OH for over a decade.

If it gets on the ballot, I think it would be favored to pass, but actually getting on the ballot is probably the harder part.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 09:45:39 PM »

I wish they'd release how many signatures they already have, I don't see what harm it could possibly do.   

The $15 minimum wage initiative is gathering signatures too, hopefully that makes it since it'll help turnout a lot.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies